Dinkins charged with murder in baby's death

Full story: Long Beach Press-Telegram

Neely Lejon Dinkins, 33, appeared in Long Beach Superior Court on Tuesday for a postponement in arraignment.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of228
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LB Resident

Monterey Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I would not want to be a member of that jury.
LB mom

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

I hope he doesn't get away with what he did. Charging him with murder is a start. I hope a jury finds him guilty and he pays for what he did to that baby girl. My prayers are with the Alvarez family. I wish their son a speedy recovery and truly am sorry for their loss.
I also feel for Mr Dinkins wife & children. They are suffering because of his careless mistakes...
LBC Resident

Paramount, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Me, neither.
The article/charges fail to mention the fact that he was also driving on a SUSPENDED LICENSE!
That should be another charge. Granted, I'm sure he didn't set out to run over the wagon with two little children in it, but he KNOWINGLY got behind the wheel (after drinking) with a suspended license. That should definitely have an impact on the charges.
Only GOD can Judge

Beaverton, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

14

8

7

I understand that this is a bad situation, but what if the driver was your son, brother, or uncle? People are so quick to judge before you no the intire situation. He stopped for a momment and the boy was released, he did not know that there was another kid in that wagon. Yes he should have stopped completely and waited for law enforcement, but when you are under the influence who knows what goes through your head. We all know people who has or have been behind a wheel after having a couple of beers or shots, and this is one of those situation they need to look at so this does not become them. He is a father of 4 that has taken good care off, so he is not a monster. His actions will hunt and be with him for the rest of his life. I feel sorry for his family as well as the family who's life he's has changed forever.
Gomez

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

I agree only God can/will judge, but how irresponsible oh him. As human beings we will judge the irresponsibility of Mr. Dinkins and find justice for the family. Ultimately he will have to live with what he's done being a father himself..
Only GOD can Judge wrote:
I understand that this is a bad situation, but what if the driver was your son, brother, or uncle? People are so quick to judge before you no the intire situation. He stopped for a momment and the boy was released, he did not know that there was another kid in that wagon. Yes he should have stopped completely and waited for law enforcement, but when you are under the influence who knows what goes through your head. We all know people who has or have been behind a wheel after having a couple of beers or shots, and this is one of those situation they need to look at so this does not become them. He is a father of 4 that has taken good care off, so he is not a monster. His actions will hunt and be with him for the rest of his life. I feel sorry for his family as well as the family who's life he's has changed forever.
Anon

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

7

2

1

From what I can tell, he has some prior felony convictions which would qualify him for the life without parole. I wonder what other feolys he has committed?

RE: Only GOD can Judge, if it was my brother of son, I would turn his ass in right away. I don't even need to consider it. My parents taught me that there are consequences to all of our actions. Dinkins now has to face the consequences of his actions.

Excusing his actions because you "don't know what goes through your head" when this happens is bull. People know right from wrong even if they are drunk. The fact that he ran says a lot about the type of person he is. Also how do you know how well he has taken care of his family? He sure has set a very bad example for all of his children.

I am not on a jury nor and I a judge in a court room. I don't have to abide by "innocent until proven guilty."
Jan Bixby

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

8

5

4

I doubt that the City Atty will press too hard for a conviction. You know how compassionate our elected officials are when it comes to Felons and Gangsters. Remember how City Hall failed to stand up for the victims after the Halloween beatings.
Only GOD can Judge

Beaverton, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Anon wrote:
From what I can tell, he has some prior felony convictions which would qualify him for the life without parole. I wonder what other feolys he has committed?
RE: Only GOD can Judge, if it was my brother of son, I would turn his ass in right away. I don't even need to consider it. My parents taught me that there are consequences to all of our actions. Dinkins now has to face the consequences of his actions.
Excusing his actions because you "don't know what goes through your head" when this happens is bull. People know right from wrong even if they are drunk. The fact that he ran says a lot about the type of person he is. Also how do you know how well he has taken care of his family? He sure has set a very bad example for all of his children.
I am not on a jury nor and I a judge in a court room. I don't have to abide by "innocent until proven guilty."
Well I'm glad your not my sister, and hope your not kin to anybody I know. You say that now, because your not DRUNK and you have clear thoughts, and if you have never been DRUNK then how do you know what goes on in a persons head? And I'm not making excuess for his actions i clearly stated he didn't handle the situation right. The bottom line is he was drunk, and he did stop. If he would have stopped maybe the lil girl would be alive today.
Only GOD can Judge

Beaverton, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Anon wrote:
From what I can tell, he has some prior felony convictions which would qualify him for the life without parole. I wonder what other feolys he has committed?
RE: Only GOD can Judge, if it was my brother of son, I would turn his ass in right away. I don't even need to consider it. My parents taught me that there are consequences to all of our actions. Dinkins now has to face the consequences of his actions.
Excusing his actions because you "don't know what goes through your head" when this happens is bull. People know right from wrong even if they are drunk. The fact that he ran says a lot about the type of person he is. Also how do you know how well he has taken care of his family? He sure has set a very bad example for all of his children.
I am not on a jury nor and I a judge in a court room. I don't have to abide by "innocent until proven guilty."
(Revised) Well I'm glad your not my sister, and hope your not kin to anybody I know. You say that now, because your not DRUNK and you have clear thoughts, and if you have never been DRUNK then how do you know what goes on in a persons head? And I'm not making excuess for his actions i clearly stated he didn't handle the situation right. The bottom line is he was drunk, and he did NOT stop. If he would have stopped maybe the lil girl would be alive today.
eddie g

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

6

4

3

They are trying to use him as an example because he hit 2 kids. If he had hit an old black woman and a poor homeless wino the prosecution would be as lax as they always are and he would do a(very) short prison term, a stint in rehab,some community service and be back out on the streets!
LBJJ

Bremerton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

7

2

1

Only GOD can Judge wrote:
<quoted text>
(Revised) Well I'm glad your not my sister, and hope your not kin to anybody I know. You say that now, because your not DRUNK and you have clear thoughts, and if you have never been DRUNK then how do you know what goes on in a persons head? And I'm not making excuess for his actions i clearly stated he didn't handle the situation right. The bottom line is he was drunk, and he did NOT stop. If he would have stopped maybe the lil girl would be alive today.
Huh?

I'm going to be judgemental as HELL if somebody's parking an SUV on MY kid.
MADD

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

thats what happens when you drink and drive. Thats why its ILLEGAL!!! I hope we can call take a lesson from this. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.
Not Only God Judges

Manhattan Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

"We all know people who has or have been behind a wheel after having a couple of beers or shots..."

NOT AFTER THEY ALREADY HAVE A SUSPENDED LICENSE. Once you have a suspended license, YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE DRIVING AT ALL. Guess he shoulda called a freakin CAB, then the BABY GIRL wouldn't be DEAD.

The man is an irresponsible moron, and as members of society we certainly DO have a right to judge, especially when his actions are so morally reprehensible AND on top of OTHER CRIMES.

I'd be HAPPY to serve on that jury and JUDGE the man right into life in prison.

As for his wife and kids - sorry your husband/dad is a drunk moron, but now that he's KILLED A BABY he'll have to answer to society for that.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE.
nobody

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

5

3

2

i think that the presstelegram is taking things out of bound that is a look of hurt why because people who have done something is not hurt mr.dinkins is very hurt beleive me so we need not to judge him it is for GOD to do we do not know how he feels inside but i can see that he is very hurt.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anon wrote:
From what I can tell, he has some prior felony convictions which would qualify him for the life without parole. I wonder what other feolys he has committed?
RE: Only GOD can Judge, if it was my brother of son, I would turn his ass in right away. I don't even need to consider it. My parents taught me that there are consequences to all of our actions. Dinkins now has to face the consequences of his actions.
Excusing his actions because you "don't know what goes through your head" when this happens is bull. People know right from wrong even if they are drunk. The fact that he ran says a lot about the type of person he is. Also how do you know how well he has taken care of his family? He sure has set a very bad example for all of his children.
I am not on a jury nor and I a judge in a court room. I don't have to abide by "innocent until proven guilty."
Anon.

You are right. Being found guilty "under the law", and being guilty of some criminal act are two far different things. The objective of our corrupt legal system is to obscure the facts of matters before it by introducing obscure irrelevancies in order to confound common sense. The result is a contest of judges and clever lawyers, not a means to seek out and to determine the truth of a matter. This is a far cry from such systems of justice such as Europe's Code Napoleon whose objective is to find out the truth of the matter and then to mete out the appropriate punishment.

As far as the platitudinous remark "Only God can judge" goes, I know of no religious doctrine that advocates such foolishness be applied in the here and now. For example, the ministry of Jesus was largely based on man making judgment between good and evil right here on earth, not waiting until the final judgment of the Lord.

True, no man is without sin. Jesus himself reminded us that all men have sinned through Adam, and therefore, we are all guilty. Jesus reminded his tormentors of that fact when they brought to him the woman taken in adultery. The mercy he showed the woman was not to condone her sin, or to demonstrate that the law is of none effect. Far from it. He was demonstrating his power to forgive the truly repentant.

It seems a law of nature that the wages of sin is death. Jesus sent the woman away, admonishing her to sin no more. The penalty, though, had to be paid. Later, he himself paid the price.

Let us as a people come to our senses and begin judging evil and evildoers, just as the Lord taught us to do.

Ronald
bad summer

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Sep 15, 2009
 
Only GOD can Judge wrote:
I understand that this is a bad situation, but what if the driver was your son, brother, or uncle? People are so quick to judge before you no the intire situation. He stopped for a momment and the boy was released, he did not know that there was another kid in that wagon. Yes he should have stopped completely and waited for law enforcement, but when you are under the influence who knows what goes through your head. We all know people who has or have been behind a wheel after having a couple of beers or shots, and this is one of those situation they need to look at so this does not become them. He is a father of 4 that has taken good care off, so he is not a monster. His actions will hunt and be with him for the rest of his life. I feel sorry for his family as well as the family who's life he's has changed forever.
So lets reverse it....what if the kids were yours? Your son by some miracle survived but your daughter died needlessly? I happen to have an alcoholic father who drank and drove all the time with me in the car.(as a child). I tried to get him not too but he was selfish and didnt care. He is lucky that 20 years later and he still hasnt caused any accidents. I fear the day he does. In his older age, 60's, he mostly drinks at home now and hardly ever drives after drinking but should he cause an accident and injure or God forbid kill someone well hopefully he will get what he deserves. He will know that I love him as he's my dad but I won't support his actions since he has been warned over and over again by his family.
nobody

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

please everybody keep his kids out of this they have seen enough and heard enough GOD said that we should not judge no one knows how the childern feel and their mother she is a very loving person and is very hurt with all the comments let them be about him not her and her childerns please give her so type of love and so respect for her kids because they both loved kids and they are not married and she is not his wife please you all do not know her feeling stop stop in the name of Jesus i pray amen
MURDER

Manhattan Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Driving drunk on a suspended license is pretty much going out to kill someone....
Michael Ejercito

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MADD wrote:
thats what happens when you drink and drive. Thats why its ILLEGAL!!! I hope we can call take a lesson from this. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.
Make this sort of thing a capital crime.
member of the family

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Sep 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

How can someone do that? This S.O.B did not stop cause he wanted too, he stop to remove the wagon, he didn't stop when multiples witnesses yelled at him to stop. He was drunk, according to my police friends that is putting the community at risk, he could have stopped but he didn't, he could have waited for the police but he didn't, and he has children of his own so as a parent that he should have done the right thing and not have been driving under the influence, he should have had better judgement. Nothing is gonna break her back, it is not gonna take away all the pain and suffering, this ripple effect will not only affect the parents, family member but more importantly her brother will never see his sister again. He's gonna get what he deserves but that will never fix what happened that night.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of228
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••