Hobby Lobby: Go Ahead and Fine Us, We Won't Comply With 'Morning-After' Mandate

An attorney for Hobby Lobby Stores said Thursday that the arts and crafts chain plans to defy a federal mandate requiring it to offer employees health coverage that includes access to the morning-after pill, despite risking potential fines of up to $1.3 million per day. Full Story
First Prev
of 61
Next Last
barry

Rainsville, AL

#1232 Feb 1, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
No. California is a donor state.
New Jersey is the top donor state.(#1)
New Mexico is the top welfare state.(#50)
California is:#7
Alabama is:#43
Until Alabama gets its ass up to at least 25, no one in Alabama has the right to criticize anyone in the top 10 about tax issues.
Sorry, but that's just the way it is.
Pay your damn bills
until you breakdown what kind of federal money we receive and what it is spent on, you make no argument except to parrot what the news media spits out.

"The Cotton State also ranks seventh for procurement spending per capita, 78% of which was defense spending,"

Read more: States That Get The Most Federal Money - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/2012/08/03/states-that-g...

apparently we do a better job with defense than california does.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#1234 Feb 1, 2013
hmmm wrote:
Looks like Obama has had a change odf heart, hopefully for the private companies too.
It's not a change of heart. It's a way of saying, "I don't want to hear your whine anymore."

Women will get their BC for free anyway; only the tax payer will foot the bill of that one item of their employer provided medical coverage.
barry

Rainsville, AL

#1235 Feb 1, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
Well,
I suppose it takes a Democrat Administration to pacify the childish rants of the religious groups.
The latest on the compromise:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
Funny thing is, women will still get their contraceptives covered, at no cost, only through a different policy, which the same insurer that covers her for her medical will provide, under an individual caveat, at no cost to her.
It's the proverbial "now children" from the Obama administration, to the religious nuts, albeit it will only apply to "not-for-profit" corporations who object under religious beliefs.
Hobby Lobby is Outsa!!!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/02/01/t he-white-houses-contraceptives -compromise/?wpisrc=al_comboNP _p

what a weird picture. pbo looks like a bobblehead.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#1236 Feb 1, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>take it however you want. the reality is that the life style that you think should be some how a right is not very healthy.
I will ask you again. What life style did I indicate that you insist is unhealthy. Please point out my exact words or give up the argument as something you invented.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#1237 Feb 2, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>take it however you want. the reality is that the life style that you think should be some how a right is not very healthy.
some how you are trying to link my comment on stds as an attack against women who might be sluts. when the post did not talk about gender at all but the populations as a whole, both genders. and you acknowledged that in the context of the comments i did reference men of a similar mind set as being pigs and jerks.
and of course it is obvious to all that you do want society to pay for the lifestyle that you think is should be normal and healthy. the term responsibility seems to have no connection with the term personal when it comes to your philosophy of life.
The vast MAJORITY of women gestate, keep, and lovingly raise our children.

If men could get pregnant, there would be drive-through abortion clinics, and you guys would schedule procedures between rounds of golf.

If you still have functional testes, you're a selfish bastard unless you impregnate your wife with every sex act, isn't that right?

Your hypocrisy and lack of relevance are duly noted.

Minneapolis

#1238 Feb 3, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>The vast MAJORITY of women gestate, keep, and lovingly raise our children.
If men could get pregnant, there would be drive-through abortion clinics, and you guys would schedule procedures between rounds of golf.
If you still have functional testes, you're a selfish bastard unless you impregnate your wife with every sex act, isn't that right?
Your hypocrisy and lack of relevance are duly noted.
Oh hell Shovel, the first menstrual cramp would throw them on the floor rendering them helpless and incapacitated!

If they became pregnant not only would choice be the absolute word of god but somehow ancient documents would surface establishing benefits beyond belief! Gone would be the words "I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children" replaced by "I will greatly multiply thy joy with morphine and many benefits will be bestowed upon you; the world will rejoice and national events will be scheduled in your honor ".

There would be no end to the bragging about who birthed the best, was the strongest and the pain they endured!

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#1239 Feb 3, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hell Shovel, the first menstrual cramp would throw them on the floor rendering them helpless and incapacitated!
If they became pregnant not only would choice be the absolute word of god but somehow ancient documents would surface establishing benefits beyond belief! Gone would be the words "I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children" replaced by "I will greatly multiply thy joy with morphine and many benefits will be bestowed upon you; the world will rejoice and national events will be scheduled in your honor ".
There would be no end to the bragging about who birthed the best, was the strongest and the pain they endured!
Yawn.

Look, I'm pro-choice, but I'm also rather bored with this whole "Oh, we have it so hard pity us" bullshit that women are throwing around.

You have no idea what men can endure physically because you are not a man. For all you know, men would shrug off childbirth like it was a sore shoulder from a work out. You don't know. You can't know.

But, if two guys were to come on this forum and start ragging on how women can't handle the workplace without crying and that's why they earn less money, you ladies would have an absolute fit about how sexist they were being.

So here's the rule:

You either get to make accusations and have to take it on the chin when you get them back
-or-
You get to complain that people are being sexist if they are mean to you

You don't get to do both

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1240 Feb 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.
Look, I'm pro-choice, but I'm also rather bored with this whole "Oh, we have it so hard pity us" bullshit that women are throwing around.
You have no idea what men can endure physically because you are not a man. For all you know, men would shrug off childbirth like it was a sore shoulder from a work out. You don't know. You can't know.
But, if two guys were to come on this forum and start ragging on how women can't handle the workplace without crying and that's why they earn less money, you ladies would have an absolute fit about how sexist they were being.
So here's the rule:
You either get to make accusations and have to take it on the chin when you get them back
-or-
You don't get to do both
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/17/men-...

Minneapolis

#1241 Feb 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.
So here's the rule:
-or-
You don't get to do both
YAWN.

Look, I'm pro-choice, but I'm also rather bored with this whole "Oh, we men know so much better" bullshit that men are throwing around.
They have no idea what women endure physically because you are not a woman. For all you know, men would keel over and die. You don't know. You can't know.

Women are IN the workplace, BIG difference and I have held what "was" considered a mans job without issue except for the pissing and moaning of men trying to regulate the position can only be done and held by men.

Please save your lectures for those who are interested. I am not.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#1242 Feb 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.
So here's the rule:
-or-
You don't get to do both
Look, I know you're pro-choice, and I appreciate it...really. But you'll just have to pardon me if I don't have a lot of patience with men who think being pregnant is either
a) a bowl of cherry lollipops and roses, or
b) a woman's "lot" as a result of some 'divine judgement' on humanity, or
c) her 'rightful punishment' for having consensual sex.

The smear of smegma otherwise known as 'barry', deserves the chin strokes - if you feel you fall into any of the above categories, and / or that the comments slandering men's possible ability to withstand the demands of gestation and childbirth, apply to you, feel free to accept that criticism.

Somehow, I think not.

Minneapolis

#1243 Feb 3, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Look, I know you're pro-choice, and I appreciate it...really. But you'll just have to pardon me if I don't have a lot of patience with men who think being pregnant is either
a) a bowl of cherry lollipops and roses, or
b) a woman's "lot" as a result of some 'divine judgement' on humanity, or
c) her 'rightful punishment' for having consensual sex.
The smear of smegma otherwise known as 'barry', deserves the chin strokes - if you feel you fall into any of the above categories, and / or that the comments slandering men's possible ability to withstand the demands of gestation and childbirth, apply to you, feel free to accept that criticism.
Somehow, I think not.
Geez...can't understand where that came from, he just kinda blew in blew up and blew out!

But you are absolutely right about the ill consideration a, b &c and on top of that being labeled "the "weaker sex", the lack of consideration is stunning and little if any credit is given on a societal level. That is why I say "to expect is not respect", they expect women to produce as though it is a Sunday walk in the park and just move on and not bother anyone with the difficulties. Of course there are women like the wretched K that prattle along side these types stroking their ego hoping for a doggie pet on the head but for the most part she is in a minority.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#1244 Feb 3, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez...can't understand where that came from, he just kinda blew in blew up and blew out!
But you are absolutely right about the ill consideration a, b &c and on top of that being labeled "the "weaker sex", the lack of consideration is stunning and little if any credit is given on a societal level. That is why I say "to expect is not respect", they expect women to produce as though it is a Sunday walk in the park and just move on and not bother anyone with the difficulties. Of course there are women like the wretched K that prattle along side these types stroking their ego hoping for a doggie pet on the head but for the most part she is in a minority.
K, wretched as she is, has one redeeming feature: she is willing to spend hour after hour fruitlessly pursuing her goal of getting attention, rather than spend it railing at women, pregnant or not, who patronize 'free clinics'. The more time she spends here, the less she spends there, and if I'm instrumental in keeping her 'here', I've contributed to the well-being of others. I can rest assured in the knowledge that my presence here is purposeful, because she's not the only crazysackofshit frequenting these forums, who would otherwise be haranguing women committing self defense.

")
Annie

Hollister, MO

#1245 Feb 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Most threads stray from the topic, though this is at least close.
As for as Hobby Lobby is concerned, it should be a simple issue of licensing.
If you are a store and you wish to provide pharmaceuticals, you should be required to follow a certain set of strict guidelines.
Failure to obey those guidelines should result in a loss of permission to distribute controlled substances (which pharms are).
So, either they comply with the ruling or they end the pharm side of their business.
Just like ANY other business dealing with ANY other controlled substance. You don't see grocery stores in Utah disobeying their laws about alcohol. You don't see 7-11s disobeying the rules about cigarettes.
You really are off the topic, as far as I know Hobby Lobby never had and still doesn't have a pharmacy, they are a craft and home decor store!
Annie

Hollister, MO

#1246 Feb 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help but notice that all you conservatives who claim to be supporting people have hidden which states you post from.
I'm gonna bet you're posting from a welfare state, if so nothing you do supports anyone outside of your state.
I've never hid where I post from and you talk about Welfare States, Calif. is one of the biggest if not the biggest one there is. We lived there for many years, wised up and got out!

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#1247 Feb 3, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text> You really are off the topic, as far as I know Hobby Lobby never had and still doesn't have a pharmacy, they are a craft and home decor store!
Given the length of time you've had to peruse the other posts here in the last what, three days?, why am I not surprised you chose THIS post to reply to?

Oh, I know!! It was the easiest to refute!!

Well, when it's all you have..........

I am aware of your allergy to reality, but thanks for the incontrovertible evidence that you haven't a leg to stand on in the 'debate' on this legal medical procedure known as 'abortion'.

Have yourself a day.

")

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#1248 Feb 4, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text> I've never hid where I post from and you talk about Welfare States, Calif. is one of the biggest if not the biggest one there is. We lived there for many years, wised up and got out!
Annie, you don't know what you are talking about.

A "welfare state" is a state which receives more funds from the Government than it pays in overall taxes.

A "donor state" is a state which receives less funds from the Government that it pays in overall taxes.

"Welfare States" hunt the US economy. They are being kept alive by the Donor states.

Not only is California NOT a welfare state, it's the 7th highest Donor state.(New Jersey is highest).

As for Welfare States, New Mexico is the bottom rung. Montana is... 11th from the bottom. Not the worst, but certainly not helping.

If California stopped paying for your state, your economy would tank.

Funny that, if you look at the list of which states are the takers, they almost all went for Romney, while all the states which pay for these Welfare sucking drags on the economy went for Obama.(Texas being the exception, it's a donor state).

So, how about you stop bitching about how unfair it is that those of us with REAL jobs who pay REAL taxes and basically GIVE YOU your lifestyle won't let you, the ignorant backwater welfare queen, dictate our morality.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#1249 Feb 6, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
People eat food.
Where's the food mandate?
You're kidding, right?

We're being 'mandated' to produce frankenfood, as we speak, due to GMO foods of every description having been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.

We're being 'mandated' to avoid 'sugary drinks' in New York, fresh milk is illegal to sell almost everywhere, and the pharmaceutical companies want to make herbs and spices illegal.

We've been 'mandated' to eschew one of the world's most versatile, economical, and medicinal plants, on pain of Federal prosecution for the mere possession of one of its seeds.

Think about it.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#1250 Feb 6, 2013
Ooops! Got a bit ahead of myself.
Meant to say "...illegal to use without a prescription."

My bad.
")

Minneapolis

#1251 Feb 7, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been 'mandated' to eschew one of the world's most versatile, economical, and medicinal plants, on pain of Federal prosecution for the mere possession of one of its seeds.
Think about it.
Hey people it is a FRICKIN WEED HELLO!

How do you declare war on a weed????? How in the name of the fictitious god do you intend to fight a weed? Why not focus on dandelions, they are a pain in everyones ass, declare a war on them and see how far you get??

Thanks Shovel for allowing me to get this off my chest!!!

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#1252 Feb 7, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey people it is a FRICKIN WEED HELLO!
How do you declare war on a weed????? How in the name of the fictitious god do you intend to fight a weed? Why not focus on dandelions, they are a pain in everyones ass, declare a war on them and see how far you get??
Thanks Shovel for allowing me to get this off my chest!!!
Dandelions aren't profitable, and they don't make you want to eat 7 snickers bars in one sitting....

Seriously, the junk food companies should be CLAMORING for legalization.

")

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 61
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 58 min Uncle Bob 1,654
Prostitution arrest made in Town of Delbarton 1 hr Alice 31
Man accused in alcohol poisoning of girl faces ... (Jan '10) 4 hr Aloha 47
Madrid teenager jailed on sexual abuse charge (Jul '13) 8 hr Really 21
Massena man sentenced to prison for cocaine sale 11 hr ha ha 42
DWI laws and enforcement: is enough being done? 11 hr POS 20
Endangered or Threatened? A New Fight Over Pola... (Nov '10) 12 hr IBdaMann 13
More from around the web