Hobby Lobby: Go Ahead and Fine Us, We...

Hobby Lobby: Go Ahead and Fine Us, We Won't Comply With 'Morning-After' Mandate

There are 1219 comments on the TheBlaze.com story from Dec 28, 2012, titled Hobby Lobby: Go Ahead and Fine Us, We Won't Comply With 'Morning-After' Mandate. In it, TheBlaze.com reports that:

An attorney for Hobby Lobby Stores said Thursday that the arts and crafts chain plans to defy a federal mandate requiring it to offer employees health coverage that includes access to the morning-after pill, despite risking potential fines of up to $1.3 million per day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheBlaze.com.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#1210 Jan 29, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's cute that she sees her custodial job at Sertoma Industries, as a vital contribution to the economy.
http://www.aplitrak.com/...
Everybody's gotta feel needed.
")
Whatever it is she does, she must work alone. Who could tolerate the busybody? She probably holds the world record for being fired the most times!

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1211 Jan 29, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
YAWN.
Any "work" that you perform could not pay much considering your lack of thinking skills and your level of maturity.
This from someone I'm supporting? Lmao!

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#1212 Jan 29, 2013
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
As if your $8.75/hr job 'supports' anyone.......including you.

I doubt you've paid taxes in the last two decades, having qualified for a full refund each and every year of them.

LMAO, and all like that..........

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#1213 Jan 29, 2013
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help but notice that all you conservatives who claim to be supporting people have hidden which states you post from.

I'm gonna bet you're posting from a welfare state, if so nothing you do supports anyone outside of your state.
barry

Pisgah, AL

#1214 Jan 29, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what your post was about, it had nothing to do with BC. You typed it, or were you possessed at the time?
there was nothing about not covering the meds. you're the one making the claim that it was said.

Los Angeles, CA

#1215 Jan 29, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>there was nothing about not covering the meds. you're the one making the claim that it was said.
Your post was ambiguous, citing a lot of stats about STDs but offering very little in the way of a position about how to fix the problem.

Because you're posting from a state where education is optional, some people made the assumption that you were posing a "Conservative" argument:(Cut education, prevent solutions, blame the problem on the people in trouble).

If you are only accidentally in the South, then maybe you could better illustrate your position by explaining what you think the root causes of the problem are and what can be done to fix them.

If you are authentically from the South, see if you can find a visiting educated person to help you with the bigger words.
celticwarriors

Bradenton, FL

#1216 Jan 29, 2013
Hobby Lobby and all of these religious moron CEOs should move to a theocratic nation. The U.S. is a secular nation. Keep your stupid religions OUT of our citizens' lives.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#1217 Jan 30, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>there was nothing about not covering the meds. you're the one making the claim that it was said.
After dedicating an entire post # 1176 to STD's this is your closing statement:

"""irresponsibl e sexual activity is a huge drain on our economy. it affects everyone. and you seem to want those of us that are morally against it to subsidize it as a business expense.""" "

Considering the structure of your post and its entire content referencing STD's along with the above closing statement, I will now give you the floor to explain WTF you "thought" you were talking about to enlighten the rest of us. Go ahead.
barry

Pisgah, AL

#1218 Jan 30, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post was ambiguous, citing a lot of stats about STDs but offering very little in the way of a position about how to fix the problem.
Because you're posting from a state where education is optional, some people made the assumption that you were posing a "Conservative" argument:(Cut education, prevent solutions, blame the problem on the people in trouble).
If you are only accidentally in the South, then maybe you could better illustrate your position by explaining what you think the root causes of the problem are and what can be done to fix them.
If you are authentically from the South, see if you can find a visiting educated person to help you with the bigger words.
my post was in response to the healthy sexual life style that morgana seems to think should be normal and somehow a right for everyone to just casually enjoy. she is trying to deflect that position by somehow claiming that i would want to withhold meds from people who are honestly sick.

so you're from california. the state that is winning the race to bankruptcy trying to subsidize everyone's lifestyle choices.

i'm born and raised in pa. lived and worked overseas for several years. am bi-lingual but can't spell in either language. am surrounded by family with degrees in languages the wife speaks at state ,national and international conventions.
so your snide remark about being from al [roll tide] somehow being an insult with veracity really only shows your contempt for people who don't choose to agree with you.
barry

Pisgah, AL

#1219 Jan 30, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
After dedicating an entire post # 1176 to STD's this is your closing statement:
"""irresponsibl e sexual activity is a huge drain on our economy. it affects everyone. and you seem to want those of us that are morally against it to subsidize it as a business expense.""" "
Considering the structure of your post and its entire content referencing STD's along with the above closing statement, I will now give you the floor to explain WTF you "thought" you were talking about to enlighten the rest of us. Go ahead.
i was simply pointing out that what you think is the majority position of a free and healthy life style really isn't very health and certainly isn't very free.
barry

Pisgah, AL

#1220 Jan 30, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help but notice that all you conservatives who claim to be supporting people have hidden which states you post from.
I'm gonna bet you're posting from a welfare state, if so nothing you do supports anyone outside of your state.
and ca is not a welfare state?

i do agree that anyone who hides their location just might be ashamed of it.

Los Angeles, CA

#1221 Jan 30, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>my post was in response to the healthy sexual life style that morgana seems to think should be normal and somehow a right for everyone to just casually enjoy. she is trying to deflect that position by somehow claiming that i would want to withhold meds from people who are honestly sick.
so you're from california. the state that is winning the race to bankruptcy trying to subsidize everyone's lifestyle choices.
i'm born and raised in pa. lived and worked overseas for several years. am bi-lingual but can't spell in either language. am surrounded by family with degrees in languages the wife speaks at state ,national and international conventions.
so your snide remark about being from al [roll tide] somehow being an insult with veracity really only shows your contempt for people who don't choose to agree with you.
Actually, if you spent a little more time reading you would see the my posted first suggested that you might be merely visiting AL.

As for contempt for people that don't agree with me, that's an incorrect conclusion. I don't have contempt for educated people who back up their arguments with valid reasoning.

I do have contempt for Conservatives from the South who don't actually HAVE an argument, but rather just parrot back incomplete thoughts they are told to believe by FoxNews.

As for California's financial woes, we're STILL supporting Alabama. If we're in such bad shape, how about you give us the money back and stop being such welfare mooches.

Los Angeles, CA

#1222 Jan 30, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>and ca is not a welfare state?
i do agree that anyone who hides their location just might be ashamed of it.
No. California is a donor state.

New Jersey is the top donor state.(#1)
New Mexico is the top welfare state.(#50)

California is:#7
Alabama is:#43

Until Alabama gets its ass up to at least 25, no one in Alabama has the right to criticize anyone in the top 10 about tax issues.

Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Pay your damn bills

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#1223 Jan 30, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>my post was in response to the healthy sexual life style that morgana seems to think should be normal and somehow a right for everyone to just casually enjoy. she is trying to deflect that position by somehow claiming that i would want to withhold meds from people who are honestly sick.
Lets take this from the beginning because you are in WAY over your head, further I think you are digging yourself a bigger hole.

This started with the following response to a question by "Ink" if I would call myself a slut:

""Why would I label myself in terms established by men to shame women for having a natural and normal sex drive? Ever notice there are no terms for men who have the same? Think Ink....think.""

YOU chime in with this response to the above:

""the term for them was pigs. i prefer jerks.""

I replied to another post from Ink with the following:

""Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is clear to you Ink?
Women that have normal healthy sex drives are sluts (in male terminology), and you agree? Or are you saying you lack a normal healthy sex drive and are envious of those that do?"""

And with that you follow up with the STD post starting with "what you call normal and healthy certainly is not very healthy nor should it be normal."" (here it appears you are BLAMING women for all STD's since we WERE referencing terminology applied to "women")(another FU on your part).

NOW, what EXACTLY did I call "normal and healthy"?? I was indicating that women with normal healthy sex drives are often called sluts by men (the same men who unzip if a sheep walks by). I have heard men call women sluts for how they were dressed or if a woman turned them down. Pretty loose term used to degrade women for whatever purpose. Now again what EXACTLY did I call normal and healthy??

Further your STD post ended with you bitching """and you seem to want those of us that are morally against it to subsidize it as a business expense."" which indicates YOU have a problem with STD meds.

Now, try to stay on course,

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1226 Jan 31, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever had sex?
You strike me as the frigid type - lighten up. Buy a dildo. Use it a few times. Perhaps you'll warm to the idea of copulation with a real person.
I suggest one whose maturity level far exceeds your own.
Give it time, and be gentle with yourself.
LMAO!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1227 Jan 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if you don't like the terminology, it is still a rather descriptive word. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, even if you don't like the word, it is still a duck.
Advice, don't believe that you are smarter than anyone else, you probably aren't.
Hmmm...on the other forum you used the excuse that you were so sick with the flu and pneumonia to explain why you only saw my post and (snicker) not the other person's post included in mine , yet here you were 2 days previous posting away on another thread. Your pants are on fire, hon.
barry

Pisgah, AL

#1228 Feb 1, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if you spent a little more time reading you would see the my posted first suggested that you might be merely visiting AL.
As for contempt for people that don't agree with me, that's an incorrect conclusion. I don't have contempt for educated people who back up their arguments with valid reasoning.
I do have contempt for Conservatives from the South who don't actually HAVE an argument, but rather just parrot back incomplete thoughts they are told to believe by FoxNews.
As for California's financial woes, we're STILL supporting Alabama. If we're in such bad shape, how about you give us the money back and stop being such welfare mooches.
you're not supporting anybody. you're the biggest welfare state in the country and you're going bankrupt.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31910310/page/16
The Biggest US Welfare States
1. California

% of pop. on assistance: 3.30%
2007 spending:$3.28 billion
Total recipients (July 2008): 1,212,893
% Change in past 12 months: 10.4%
Unemployment (May 2009): 11.5%

Pictured: Arnold Schwarzenegger, California Governor
barry

Pisgah, AL

#1230 Feb 1, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets take this from the beginning because you are in WAY over your head, further I think you are digging yourself a bigger hole.
This started with the following response to a question by "Ink" if I would call myself a slut:
""Why would I label myself in terms established by men to shame women for having a natural and normal sex drive? Ever notice there are no terms for men who have the same? Think Ink....think.""
YOU chime in with this response to the above:
""the term for them was pigs. i prefer jerks.""
I replied to another post from Ink with the following:
""Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is clear to you Ink?
Women that have normal healthy sex drives are sluts (in male terminology), and you agree? Or are you saying you lack a normal healthy sex drive and are envious of those that do?"""
And with that you follow up with the STD post starting with "what you call normal and healthy certainly is not very healthy nor should it be normal."" (here it appears you are BLAMING women for all STD's since we WERE referencing terminology applied to "women")(another FU on your part).
NOW, what EXACTLY did I call "normal and healthy"?? I was indicating that women with normal healthy sex drives are often called sluts by men (the same men who unzip if a sheep walks by). I have heard men call women sluts for how they were dressed or if a woman turned them down. Pretty loose term used to degrade women for whatever purpose. Now again what EXACTLY did I call normal and healthy??
Further your STD post ended with you bitching """and you seem to want those of us that are morally against it to subsidize it as a business expense."" which indicates YOU have a problem with STD meds.
Now, try to stay on course,
take it however you want. the reality is that the life style that you think should be some how a right is not very healthy.
some how you are trying to link my comment on stds as an attack against women who might be sluts. when the post did not talk about gender at all but the populations as a whole, both genders. and you acknowledged that in the context of the comments i did reference men of a similar mind set as being pigs and jerks.

and of course it is obvious to all that you do want society to pay for the lifestyle that you think is should be normal and healthy. the term responsibility seems to have no connection with the term personal when it comes to your philosophy of life.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#1231 Feb 1, 2013
Well,

I suppose it takes a Democrat Administration to pacify the childish rants of the religious groups.

The latest on the compromise:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

Funny thing is, women will still get their contraceptives covered, at no cost, only through a different policy, which the same insurer that covers her for her medical will provide, under an individual caveat, at no cost to her.

It's the proverbial "now children" from the Obama administration, to the religious nuts, albeit it will only apply to "not-for-profit" corporations who object under religious beliefs.

Hobby Lobby is Outsa!!!
barry

Pisgah, AL

#1232 Feb 1, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
No. California is a donor state.
New Jersey is the top donor state.(#1)
New Mexico is the top welfare state.(#50)
California is:#7
Alabama is:#43
Until Alabama gets its ass up to at least 25, no one in Alabama has the right to criticize anyone in the top 10 about tax issues.
Sorry, but that's just the way it is.
Pay your damn bills
until you breakdown what kind of federal money we receive and what it is spent on, you make no argument except to parrot what the news media spits out.

"The Cotton State also ranks seventh for procurement spending per capita, 78% of which was defense spending,"

Read more: States That Get The Most Federal Money - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/2012/08/03/states-that-g...

apparently we do a better job with defense than california does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top StoryObama signs bill requiring labeling of... 1 hr SirPrize 9
News Nonprofit's ID cards get recognition from polic... 3 hr Bama Yankee 1
News Governor signs bill reducing marijuana penaltie... 5 hr LOL 4
News Supreme Court hands President Obama a major vic... (Jun '12) 5 hr barefoot2626 3,704
News Paddling teacher under fire (Aug '14) 7 hr Parent Holds Its ... 38
News Appeals court: US law doesn't cover sexual orie... 17 hr Fa-Foxy 3
News Heroin ring busted in Lancaster (Feb '14) 17 hr donna nolt spence... 4
More from around the web