Hobby Lobby: Go Ahead and Fine Us, We...

Hobby Lobby: Go Ahead and Fine Us, We Won't Comply With 'Morning-After' Mandate

There are 1219 comments on the TheBlaze.com story from Dec 28, 2012, titled Hobby Lobby: Go Ahead and Fine Us, We Won't Comply With 'Morning-After' Mandate. In it, TheBlaze.com reports that:

An attorney for Hobby Lobby Stores said Thursday that the arts and crafts chain plans to defy a federal mandate requiring it to offer employees health coverage that includes access to the morning-after pill, despite risking potential fines of up to $1.3 million per day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheBlaze.com.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#185 Jan 4, 2013
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
the truth isn't a slur or a slander. It is the truth. I have called you what you have made yourself. You are a liar and you don't respect religious freedom. That's a fact.
When a liar lies, he's the liar, not the one he's accusing. You continue to lie about me and slander me. You're a fake Christian, a fake American and a fake human being.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#186 Jan 4, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
You are text book liberal zombie robot that has NO original thought, you accuse other of what you are... that's what y'all do.
How ironic...the far right extremist who accuses others of what she's guilty of herself.

LOL!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#187 Jan 4, 2013
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
don't care what you believe. Your believes [sic] are skewed and wrong.
You don't care about anything, least of all the truth. You lie and you are a fake.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#188 Jan 4, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
How ironic...the far right extremist who accuses others of what she's guilty of herself.
LOL!
I hope you are getting paid for your comedy routines, otherwise you are wasting time.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#189 Jan 4, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>When a liar lies, he's the liar, not the one he's accusing. You continue to lie about me and slander me. You're a fake Christian, a fake American and a fake human being.
no I am telling the truth about you and that is why you are so upset
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#190 Jan 4, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>You don't care about anything, least of all the truth. You lie and you are a fake.
I haven't seem any prove I lied. Just your lies saying I did
Cat74

United States

#191 Jan 4, 2013
OMG, whatever did women do for birth control before the Democrat nanny system? I know, they paid for their own. Let them pay, or stop having sex.
Cat74

United States

#192 Jan 4, 2013
Yes, my whole family still has sex, and we pay for our own birth control. How quaint.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#193 Jan 4, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
OMG, whatever did women do for birth control before the Democrat nanny system? I know, they paid for their own. Let them pay, or stop having sex.
My BC was covered under my prescription healthcare coverage which I PAID IN TO...AS IT SHOULD BE! IT IS A PRESCRIPTION DRUG! Discriminatory practices are a two way street.
Cat74

United States

#194 Jan 4, 2013
Good for you. I assume you pay for your own insurance? If so it doesn't matter if someone else does not want to pay for it. I am talking about the insurance the Government expected the Church, and regular employers to pay for, then it becomes their businness. People who find abortion murder should not be asked to pay for another to abort their unborn child. At some point the baby daddy should have to pay for something.
Ocean56

AOL

#195 Jan 5, 2013
McGruff wrote:
You have disrespected people's religious believes here over and over calling them superstition and made up. That isn't support of religious freedom. That means you are a liar just like I said
NONSENSE. You're free to keep whatever stupid beliefs you want. Other people have the same freedom to call those beliefs stupid. If YOU have a problem with that, too bad.

As far as I'M concerned, backward religious beliefs and toxic religious doctrines that treat women as second-class citizens don't deserve respect. They only deserve REJECTION. The more people who reject backward beliefs, regardless of the faith they stem from, the better.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#197 Jan 5, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>

As far as I'M concerned, backward religious beliefs and....BLAH,BLAH,FART,BLAH.... ..
And as you've been told a thousand times nobody cares what you think except the dumb, middle aged leftist broad demographic. Go do something more productive today. Contact gorgana for instructions.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#198 Jan 5, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>NONSENSE. You're free to keep whatever stupid beliefs you want. Other people have the same freedom to call those beliefs stupid. If YOU have a problem with that, too bad.

As far as I'M concerned, backward religious beliefs and toxic religious doctrines that treat women as second-class citizens don't deserve respect. They only deserve REJECTION. The more people who reject backward beliefs, regardless of the faith they stem from, the better.
you proved my point exactly. I couldn't have done a better job of proving it myself. Thank you.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#199 Jan 5, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Good for you. I assume you pay for your own insurance? If so it doesn't matter if someone else does not want to pay for it. I am talking about the insurance the Government expected the Church, and regular employers to pay for, then it becomes their businness. People who find abortion murder should not be asked to pay for another to abort their unborn child. At some point the baby daddy should have to pay for something.
What the hell are you talking about? My insurance was employer provided which I paid a portion of. BC was covered as it IS a prescription drug. Further the "church" is exempt BUT NOT CHURCH RUN BUSINESSES> They fall under COMMERCE LAW, they do not get to use the whiney excuse of religion to DISCRIMINATE. Like I said, if you want that changed then be prepared to be discriminated against due to YOUR religion. Discriminatory practices are against the law, the days of gender discrimination ARE OVER. If you want it to come back then I say BRING IT ON and allow discrimination across the board.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#200 Jan 5, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell are you talking about? My insurance was employer provided which I paid a portion of. BC was covered as it IS a prescription drug. Further the "church" is exempt BUT NOT CHURCH RUN BUSINESSES> They fall under COMMERCE LAW, they do not get to use the whiney excuse of religion to DISCRIMINATE. Like I said, if you want that changed then be prepared to be discriminated against due to YOUR religion. Discriminatory practices are against the law, the days of gender discrimination ARE OVER. If you want it to come back then I say BRING IT ON and allow discrimination across the board.
it don't discrimination to not provide BC as part of health insurance. Where do you left Wong nuts come up with such stupid irrational garbage? And you don't know yet if the company that is owned by Catholics will be exempt or not. It will be litigated. They may win.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#201 Jan 5, 2013
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
it don't discrimination to not provide BC as part of health insurance. Where do you left Wong nuts come up with such stupid irrational garbage? And you don't know yet if the company that is owned by Catholics will be exempt or not. It will be litigated. They may win.
It most certainly is discrimination!!!!!! To eliminate prescription drugs specific to females to prevent a medical condition IS PURE DISCRIMINATION!!!! You right wing religious nuts are most certainly illogical, irrational, brain washed mythical phallic worshipping NUT CASES. I DON"T CARE WHO OWNS A COMPANY, they fall under commerce laws and are NOT free to discriminate using religion as an EXCUSE! If you nuts want to discriminate then I should be able to NOT HIRE any CATHOLIC based on the FACT that I consider them weak minded misogynistic ill brained fools. RIGHT???
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#202 Jan 5, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>It most certainly is discrimination!!!!!! To eliminate prescription drugs specific to females to prevent a medical condition IS PURE DISCRIMINATION!!!! You right wing religious nuts are most certainly illogical, irrational, brain washed mythical phallic worshipping NUT CASES. I DON"T CARE WHO OWNS A COMPANY, they fall under commerce laws and are NOT free to discriminate using religion as an EXCUSE! If you nuts want to discriminate then I should be able to NOT HIRE any CATHOLIC based on the FACT that I consider them weak minded misogynistic ill brained fools. RIGHT???
getting pregnant isn't a medical condition.

No one cares of you care or not. The courts will decide of they can be forced to provide something they are morally against. Your opinion really won't matter much one way or the other.

The fact that you don't respect peoples religious views is more of a condemnation of you then them. It shows that liberals are ignorant, weak, judgemental, biased, hate filled fools. That would be you in case you missed it. And you are intolerant.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#203 Jan 5, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>It most certainly is discrimination!!!!!! To eliminate prescription drugs specific to females to prevent a medical condition IS PURE DISCRIMINATION!!!! You right wing religious nuts are most certainly illogical, irrational, brain washed mythical phallic worshipping NUT CASES. I DON"T CARE WHO OWNS A COMPANY, they fall under commerce laws and are NOT free to discriminate using religion as an EXCUSE! If you nuts want to discriminate then I should be able to NOT HIRE any CATHOLIC based on the FACT that I consider them weak minded misogynistic ill brained fools. RIGHT???
and you do understand that many of these companies will just simply stop providing ANY insurance at all. You do understand that don't you? Then the employee will have to go onto the market and buy ALL their insurance themselves. ALL their coverage will have to be paid for out of their own pockets. BC and all other coverage. Great plan hate monger.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#204 Jan 6, 2013
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
getting pregnant isn't a medical condition.
No one cares of you care or not. The courts will decide of they can be forced to provide something they are morally against. Your opinion really won't matter much one way or the other.
The fact that you don't respect peoples religious views is more of a condemnation of you then them. It shows that liberals are ignorant, weak, judgemental, biased, hate filled fools. That would be you in case you missed it. And you are intolerant.
I'm sorry, but pregnancy IS a medical condition.

They are not being forced to use birth control.

They don't have the right to impose their own religious beliefs on their employees by way of that employee's compensation packet.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#205 Jan 6, 2013
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
and you do understand that many of these companies will just simply stop providing ANY insurance at all. You do understand that don't you? Then the employee will have to go onto the market and buy ALL their insurance themselves. ALL their coverage will have to be paid for out of their own pockets. BC and all other coverage. Great plan hate monger.
If they do that, they will lose employees, and have to go out of business. I hope they have enough money to pay the fines.

They will no longer get any from my family, who DO have hobbies, and shopped there for years, some of us on a monthly basis. It was just as close as Michael's, and had a better selection. No longer, and I contacted them, and told them so. I know a loss of seven won't break them, but I doubt we are the only ones who will boycott.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. Senate opposition to Obamacare repeal bill... 2 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 1
News GOP Health Care Bill in Limbo After Another Rep... 3 hr John McQuan 6
News Trump pardons former Sheriff Joe Arpaio 8 hr Moe 1,307
News Weiner faces sentencing in latest chapter of se... 10 hr Nope 4
News Betsy DeVos draws praise, outrage for rescindin... 12 hr girldowntheroad 3
News COMMENTARY Dreamers deserve better than limbo 14 hr Red Crosse 3
News Federal probe ongoing into Tupelo police paymen... 18 hr New Job 38
More from around the web