Motorcycle club members fight in down...

Motorcycle club members fight in downtown Santa Cruz during lunch

There are 187 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Motorcycle club members fight in downtown Santa Cruz during lunch. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Rival motorcycle gang members armed with hammers and crowbars fought in a downtown parking lot during the lunch hour Wednesday, though authorities said violence involving the clubs is unusual in the county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Steve Hartman

AOL

#49 Jan 28, 2010
Facts are facts wrote:
Steve, you don't even live here anymore, so what the hell do you know?
We'll remember this post the next time you come on to **** about other types of crime. Do you like the Nortenos, Steve? How about the Surenos?
Read the stories I posted before your open your mouth.
Hells Angels are a criminal syndicate. If you are too stupid too realize that, then there is not much one can do.
Actually, Mr. Too-Scared-To-Use-Your-Name, I still have property in the city of Santa Cruz. I have several contacts, terrific tenants, friends on Santa Cruz Neighbors, and the Sentinel to keep me informed. I also have 5 decades of community experiences, most from the poor-not rich side of town.

Not only did I experience the quake of 89 and the storms of 82, but I also experienced the flood of 1955. I didn't experience it from High St. Rather I experienced it from the corner of Ocean and Barson in about three feet of water. And my then, single mom and I lived in a shack on top of the market that still sits there to this day. So don't tell me I don't know Santa Cruz, hot shot.

I write from personal experience. You appear to write through the anonymous anal end of life. Good luck wi' dat!

“Oh well, been called worse ”

Since: Sep 09

Santa Cruz

#50 Jan 28, 2010
Live_Oak_Stoked wrote:
I didn't think the gangs could get any worse, with the Hispanic gangs and all, but now we have bikers getting out of hand. I am wondering if the dude arrested is the same guy who lives near 17th and Brommer who parks all of his rat bikes in the front yard? What is a Vago anyway? It sounds like slang for an intimate part of the female anatomy.
Now is that really fair to insinuate that person as a gang member and to all but give directions to that persons home?

For that matter how do we know that YOUR not a member ? You seem so comfortable at pointing fingers at people here . Thats just not right.
Not so good news

United States

#51 Jan 28, 2010
Biker Rex wrote:
Proud to have supported the HAs Toy Run with cash and gifts for underprivleged children in our area.
Also pleased to see several HAs at the benefit for the child who was orphaned when her mother was heinously killed in Santa Cruz.
And for you motorcycle haters, at least five other clubs were on hand at the Summit Roadhouse last weekend to raise money for the child's benefit. Many patched club riders hanging out without problems. Sober bikers, weekend bikers, daily commute bikers, Christian bikers, import bikers all helping the community.
Many people think they know about a lifestyle that they really do not understand.
Yes we all prefer to hang out with like-minded people and most bikers avoid borish snobs.
Bikers come from all walks of life, and I'd much rather hang out with HAs than people who talk about what they dont know.
"Christian bikers"? LMAO

I just hope they don't show up at my doorstep with a copy of "Watchtower" in one hand and a hammer in the other.
Eulenspiegel

Santa Cruz, CA

#52 Jan 28, 2010
Unbelievable that the race-cons can't see the point. Seriously, you should see yourselves trying to explain how the behavior of these white thugs is OK even though it is exactly the same as the behavior of Latino gangs that you constantly scream about. Because it's an isolated incident? Because no one really got hurt? Because they do charity?

No, the real reason is that you or someone you know are good people who ride, and you don't to be the target of hate because of the actions of thugs who look like you. Guess what? That's EXACTLY what the rest of us have been saying to you for years about the Latino people in this community.

You hold all Latinos responsible for the violence in their neighborhood, but non-HA bikers are to be held blameless for crap like this? Go ahead - explain why. You've just going to make yourselves look even more pathetic.

“Oh well, been called worse ”

Since: Sep 09

Santa Cruz

#53 Jan 28, 2010
Eulenspiegel wrote:
Unbelievable that the race-cons can't see the point. Seriously, you should see yourselves trying to explain how the behavior of these white thugs is OK even though it is exactly the same as the behavior of Latino gangs that you constantly scream about. Because it's an isolated incident? Because no one really got hurt? Because they do charity?
No, the real reason is that you or someone you know are good people who ride, and you don't to be the target of hate because of the actions of thugs who look like you. Guess what? That's EXACTLY what the rest of us have been saying to you for years about the Latino people in this community.
You hold all Latinos responsible for the violence in their neighborhood, but non-HA bikers are to be held blameless for crap like this? Go ahead - explain why. You've just going to make yourselves look even more pathetic.

Good for you , well said and exactly right :):):):)
really believe that

United States

#54 Jan 28, 2010
So people fighting with hammers crowbars and such, everybody sneaks away and scatters . The police report "no injurys were reported". Bot that takes a real brain to figure out. So word up everyone , if someone attacks you with a hammer or crowbar , no need for fear because as this gang fight shows us no injurys came of it. Are we really supposed to believe that?
LOL

Santa Cruz, CA

#55 Jan 28, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? A bunch of idiots who have nothing to do with their time but screw around in parking lot in the middle of the day? Like there aren't way more important things in this world that getting someone who "disrespected" you or whatever their beef was? I mean, seriously? A rumble? Is it 1965?

At least I get why Latino gangs are killing each other. They are fighting over drug turf. What exactly are these chuckleheads fighting over?
07GSXR750_186mph

Modesto, CA

#56 Jan 28, 2010
Anyone else seen these "green nation" Vago kooks hanging out in front of SC coffee all the time with their poopy busted-.a.s.s. harley junkers? Straight W/T kookage. KOOOOO! I see you 81.
Facts are facts

Capitola, CA

#59 Jan 28, 2010
Here's some more on your pals, Hartman.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/this_wo...

They seem to want to have a presence almost everywhere in the world," says Jean-Pierre Levesque of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Mr Levesque is the world's leading police expert on biker gangs and he believes the Hells Angels - and rival gangs - are one of the fastest growing organised crime threats in the world.

In December 2003, 57 Hells Angels and their associates were arrested for gun running and murder conspiracies across the western United States.

...Timothy S McKinley, a former FBI special agent, remembers one incident that sums up the Hells Angels' potential for brutality.

After a member had left the club in "bad standing", Mr McKinley says: "Within two weeks, he was shot dead in his residence, his wife was shot dead, his 17-year-old stepson was shot dead, and his five-year-old daughter Dallas was shot, wounded and then nearly decapitated with a knife stroke.

"The bodies were then set on fire and the house destroyed."
Facts are facts

Capitola, CA

#60 Jan 28, 2010
Of course, these are just "isolated incidents". Surely the leadership of the HA doesn't condone such behavior!

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/79577387...

GRAVES COUNTY, KY - The president of the Hell's Angels Kentucky chapter and a motorcycle shop owner are in prison.

35-year-old Charles Trent Willett and 51-year-old Kevin Wayne Sawyer were sentenced Wednesday for selling meth to officers in Graves County in 2007. Police say the two sold more than 21,000 dollars worth of the drug fro mthe motorcycle shop that wayne owned. The men pleaded guilty to the charges in August.
Facts are facts

Capitola, CA

#61 Jan 28, 2010
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2007/10/26/...

Police are targeting an elite member of the local Hells Angels suspected of large-scale methamphetamine dealing, according to court documents obtained by Sun Media.

As part of Project Imminent, an undercover drug operation by the Integrated Response to Organized Crime (IROC) unit, police initiated a smaller operation dubbed "Project Nitro" after the outlaw biker's nickname.

According to police, Neil Patrick Cantrill, 49, is a known member of the Hells Angels Nomad Chapter and goes by the nickname "Nitro."

In documents stemming from an ongoing drug trafficking trial in Court of Queen's Bench, police say it is believed Cantrill is involved in the production and distribution of large amounts of methamphetamine.

As part of the investigation, police were trying to link Cantrill, who was described as potentially dangerous, in the distribution of methamphetamine.
Facts are facts

Capitola, CA

#62 Jan 28, 2010
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story...

Police and FBI agents carried out raids Wednesday morning at Hells Angels clubhouses from the North Bay to San Francisco. Search warrants were served simultaneously in three Bay Area cities.

The San Francisco chapter of the Hells Angels clubhouse was completely surrounded by police and the FBI when the raids began at 5:00 am Wednesday morning. There were three simultaneous raids - in San Francisco, Healdsburg and Santa Rosa.

In San Francisco, they brought in a Uhaul truck so authorities could store items from the clubhouse. Petaluma police say they are gathering evidence regarding several assaults that took place at a restaurant in Petaluma in February and March. Police wouldn't release many details regarding those assaults other then some people were beat up pretty badly.

One person was arrested in San Francisco, but it was unrelated to the assault case. Those suspected of being in the assault case have already been arrested, arraigned and are out on bail. Petaluma police would not say if those arrested in the assault case were associated with the Hells Angels, but now their main motive is to gather evidence.
Facts are facts

Capitola, CA

#63 Jan 28, 2010
To be fair to the Angels, the Vagos are no better...

http://articles.latimes.com/2006/mar/10/local...

22 Motorcycle Club Members Arrested in Raids in 5 Counties
A three-year probe into alleged criminal activity of the Vagos group yields drugs, weapons, cash and stolen bikes, authorities say.
March 10, 2006|Lance Pugmire and Amanda Covarrubias, Times Staff Writers

More than 750 law enforcement officials conducted sweeps in five counties Thursday, aimed at breaking the back of the Vagos Motorcycle Club, an organization founded in the 1960s that authorities say is tied to dealing drugs and weapons.

Twenty-two people were arrested in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange and Ventura counties, culminating a three-year investigation aimed at curtailing the operations of the Vagos organization.
...Although the two biker gangs have their roots in California's counterculture movement, law enforcement officials say both groups are actually sophisticated criminal enterprises with a large hand in the methamphetamine trade.

"Today is just the beginning," said Orange County Sheriff Michael S. Carona. "The Hells Angels, the Vagos -- they are not clubs. The reality is that they're supporting [street] terrorism."

Leaders of the Vagos have long denied having any ties to criminal activity. The Vagos website states that the group was formed as a "tight brotherhood to survive the wars between the rival clubs and the constant harassment of the police."

The message goes on to say that "Vagos comes from the Spanish language meaning 'traveling gypsy' or 'a streetwise person that's always up to something.' " The club has about 300 members in California, Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii and Mexico.

Authorities said the Vagos investigation was among the largest coordinated law enforcement probes ever conducted in the region. Those arrested include seven chapter presidents, one vice president, one secretary, one treasurer and seven sergeants-at-arms.

Officers said they seized 95 illegal firearms; various illegal drugs, including methamphetamine; $6,000 in cash; and two stolen motorcycles.
Eulenspiegel

Santa Cruz, CA

#65 Jan 28, 2010
Umm.. Facts are Facts? Dude, we get it. We may even agree with you, and we're in awe of your websearch skillz. But more isn't always better, is what I'm saying.
The Shadow

Watsonville, CA

#66 Jan 28, 2010
This had nothing to do with "race", but an on-going gang war between rival factions which will hopefully end soon.
The only difference between their gang war and the "wars" between other street gangs is that their choice of weapons leave no killed or wounded innocent bystanders.
One last advice; Do not stereotype and you will be closer to learning facts.
Eulenspiegel

Santa Cruz, CA

#67 Jan 28, 2010
Shadow - we know the fight was not about race. We're talking about the *reaction* to the fight, and how that has everything to do with race.

And about them being all nice and not ever using guns? Maybe Facts are Facts does need to keep posting more material...

Off to work now. You kids be good!
Amber

San Jose, CA

#68 Jan 28, 2010
Gran Torino wrote:
It was really a filming for the sequel > WILD HOGS II
LOL!
nOW nOW

Santa Cruz, CA

#69 Jan 28, 2010
curious wrote:
So...
"Officers found a hammer in the car, Friend said. Froberg was booked into County Jail on suspicion of possessing a deadly weapon and a gang allegation, according to police"
Guess I better take the toolbox out of my car. Maybe my maglite, my tire chains, tire jack, umbrella...should I get pulled over I don't want to be caught with a deadly weapon.
Once again all of those can be deadly weapons if used agains someone on a fight!!! This about it befor you open your mouth to insert foot. Hammers and crowbars were used in the fight per the story
nOW nOW

Santa Cruz, CA

#70 Jan 28, 2010
Eulenspiegel wrote:
Well first off I dont see anyone praising the actions except the proclaimed supportes of the HA or Vagos. So consider that source. 2nd there is no cries for deportation because you can deport a citizen!
In many post on other threads people have warned about the HAs being in SC. Now Vagos. Mongols are next? Nobody against gangs and violence on this thread are supporting what happened. It WILL get worse between these two groups.
Hundreds will come fron The Bay area and Southern Cal and start strutting around Santa Cruz. These groups are more civil in public and arent likely to harm bystanders on purpose unlike the lation gangs have displayed.
Rose Colored Glasses

Santa Cruz, CA

#71 Jan 28, 2010
The reason the Local Cops don't keep tabs on the "Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs" is that They are all being watched by the ATF, DEA, FBI, IRS, and any other Federal Law Enforcement Agencies that might have a stake in the Game. Much like the Mafia details, the
Feds Have told the locals to not engage the Bikers as to not disrupt Their on-going Investigations .
The Vagos are the Biker Arm of the Mexican Mob aka Surenos...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former U.S. Border agent sentenced in attempted... 5 hr Johnny Ace 438
News Hodgenville woman sentenced for embezzling over... 6 hr Jaimie Miller 8
News Lawmakers seek answers in rape case as local of... 8 hr vwgeartop 6
News EPA chief: Trump to undo Obama plan to curb glo... 11 hr Fuggy 1
News Trump to GOP: Pass health care bill or seal you... 12 hr jonjedi 140
News BSO arrests 50 gang members (May '09) 12 hr Jane doe 156
News 'No charges can be filed' in JonBenet case with... 13 hr Texxy 1
More from around the web