Ex-Okla. golf course worker files complaint over alleged wastewater...

Full story: 5News KFSM
A former Washita County golf course employee has filed a whistleblower complaint with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration over the alleged illegal use of wastewater to irrigate the course near Burns Flat. Full Story
Gary

Sugar Land, TX

#1 Sep 24, 2010
I can't believe they fired this man. That waste water from the golf course flows into the creeks and makes its way into nearby reservoirs. Who knows how many people drank that water. They fired him for doing the right thing especially in this economy. Whoever the employers of that man should of been the ones fired.
WOW

Corn, OK

#2 Sep 29, 2010
Gary wrote:
I can't believe they fired this man. That waste water from the golf course flows into the creeks and makes its way into nearby reservoirs. Who knows how many people drank that water. They fired him for doing the right thing especially in this economy. Whoever the employers of that man should of been the ones fired.
Here in Burns Flat and in many many households Ive visited are covered in gnats it just seems a little strange how bad the problem is. I have had conversations with people here and we all are wondering where they are coming from. We think they are coming up our drains and this story just might be the problem.
Melissa

Elk City, OK

#3 Oct 1, 2010
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in Burns Flat and in many many households Ive visited are covered in gnats it just seems a little strange how bad the problem is. I have had conversations with people here and we all are wondering where they are coming from. We think they are coming up our drains and this story just might be the problem.
Any easy way to determine if the gnats are coming from your drains:
Just before bedtime, thoroughly dry the area around the drains. Then place a single strip of tape across the center of each drain, sticky side of the tape facing down. Do not completely cover the drain opening! There must be open space to allow for an updraft which allows the flies to emerge. Leave the strips of tape in place overnight or (if possible) over a weekend.

If you find flies stuck to the tape, you will know for certain that the drain in question does have flies.

If you do not find flies stuck to the tape, but still suspect the drain my be the source, repeat the tape test for 3 or 4 nights to coincide with any possible breeding cycle.
Eata Biggon

Arlington, TX

#4 Nov 11, 2010
Gary wrote:
Was this the same employee that paid an inmate (from the work release center) to eat catfood, then filmed it & put it on YouTube ? BTW, raw sewage (human waste, tampoons, syringes, etc) does overflow into the GC pond and creek. Same as the pesticides, etc.
hmmmm

Elk City, OK

#5 Feb 8, 2013
Interesting

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massena man sentenced to prison for cocaine sale 1 hr ha ha 42
DWI laws and enforcement: is enough being done? 2 hr POS 20
Endangered or Threatened? A New Fight Over Pola... (Nov '10) 3 hr IBdaMann 13
Ohio and U.S. companies in demand for truck dri... (Nov '12) 3 hr it was good job 18
Lincoln PSD troubles ease 3 hr The Chicago Way 3
Mayor-elect Schaaf: Now is 'Oakland's time' 4 hr Disgusted with Oa... 1
Man accused in alcohol poisoning of girl faces ... (Jan '10) 6 hr Aloha 46
More from around the web