Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'

Oct 18, 2012 Full story: The Fresno Bee 1,861

Visalia Calvary Church pastor, the Rev. Bob Grenier, and his wife, Gayle, have sued their estranged son, Alex Grenier, accusing him of defamation and cyberbullying.

Full Story
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

#1521 Feb 4, 2013
Who wrote:
Fact: Alex has only within the last year spoken of showering with his father once. He either remembered it, made it up, or assigned to it a significance that it had previously not held for him. His memory was only written about after he and Paul met with an attorney that pays his rent by suing people and organizations that he believes he can win against.
Fact: Untrue. I have told others well before this last year and I can provide those witnesses if this becomes a Criminal investigation. I also believe I disclosed this to Detectives at the VPD years ago (and the interviews were tape recorded, so there should be a record of it unless they say they lost it like they did Paul's police report he filed years ago for the threats made against him). The interview can be checked and I believe I recall telling the Detectives that Bob had made me shower with him naked but that I don't ever recall him touching me or being aroused when we were showering.

Kelly Clark actually does a lot of Pro Bono work and from my time with the man, he really cares about Victims and has turned himself around and found a worthy Cause by being a Champion for abuse victims. You can mock him, but he's a Giant compared to your midget.

CC better hope they never face Kelly Clark in a more victim-friendly state...they'll rue the day.
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

#1522 Feb 4, 2013
I hope the VPD will produce the tapes of the interviews. I would like the hear what was told them in total and then compare it to the report that they compiled. I would also like to see if I did in fact disclose the fact that Bob made me shower with him. If I didn't disclose it at that time (and I think I did) it would be because I was focused on the physical Child Abuse and I didn't consider the showering to be abuse at the time, though I thought it was weird and it made me uncomfortable.

After Paul disclosed his molestation allegations, I began to realize the showering might be more than just weird.

After talking with a licensed therapist who is an expert in these matters, she told me that Abusers with often "groom' their victims and that sometimes sexual abusers will start with small steps like "showering" and exposing themselves (like walking around naked in front of the children) and then later beginning to touch them, etc etc.

In hindsight, I have a different perspective on the showering and Bob walking around buck naked, genitals exposed.
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

#1523 Feb 4, 2013
Who wrote:
Fact: Family members of the same gender have been known to, out of occasional necessity, bathe together. This is not prima facie abusive, and Alex gives it a spin that the unmentioned event had never had for him before.
Fact: A licensed therapist who is an expert in sexual abuse told me that "showering" is often a gateway into further abuse. If Bob making me shower with him naked was all there ever was, that would be one thing. If another, years later, was made to shower and then reported molestation...that is another ballgame.

The event was not unmentioned, I have told others over the years about it, many years ago. It was weird. Now that Paul alleges molestation, the showering takes on a whole new context to me.
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

#1524 Feb 4, 2013
Who wrote:
Fact: Fathers occasionally and out of necessity sometimes leave their bedroom in their longjohns.
Fact: Bob walked around us buck naked, with genitals fully exposed. That is different than wearing longjohns. He did this as a regular practice during many years in our home. He made a joke about it called "naked preacher man". In hindsight, with Paul's allegations of molestation, I don't find it funny.
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

#1525 Feb 4, 2013
Who wrote:
Fact: Bob Grenier had a vasectomy, and Alex is levying various claims regarding this that are being made for the first time today. His claims would have more credibility if they were part of his story from day one. However, given Alex' propensity to exaggerate and invent, I believe that Alex' most recent claims should be met with a healthy dose of skepticism.
First, that's a big tell. You say you don't believe anything I report, yet you accept as "fact" that Bob had a vasectomy. How do you know that to be true and factual?

Fact: I have recounted the fact Bob showed me his swollen genitals as a result of his vasectomy. His nuts swelled up like a punching bag. It was weird that he would do that and it takes on a different context for me after hearing Paul's molestation allegations.

I think Bob's story should be met with a healthy level of skepticism.
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

#1526 Feb 4, 2013
Who wrote:
Fact: Former staff claim that there occurred financial abuses and corruption, though there is no evidence presented to support those assertions, and said staff have received no specialized training in those areas of life and are thus in no position to make a valid determination.
Fact: There is much more coming down the pike because Alex has an active imagination and has no problem inventing other events as he sees fit.
Fact: There is evidence in the form of direct first-person testimony and specific expenses documented by a bookkeeper and testimony of family member of church money from the offerings being spent to buy personal items on a regular basis. Staff doesn't have to be specially trained to observe practices that are not on the up-and-up. Bookkeepers have a level of training to have an informed opinion on right and wrong with regards to finances.

Fact: There is much more coming down the pipe. Marathon, not a Sprint. Some big players are paying attention to CC
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

#1527 Feb 4, 2013
Who wrote:
Fact: Bob is acquainted with some law enforcement agencies, and Alex claims that Bob has "very strong political connections" without providing any account of what those connections are, who those connections are with, and how Alex came to know of said alleged connections.
Fact: The abuse and corruption is illegal. Despite some investigating that was instigated by Alex, no wrongdoing or illegal activity has been found to have occurred.
Fact: Bob's book is endorsed by Phil Cline, former DA, Bill Wittman, Sheriff, a former VPD Police Chief etc. I have personally witnessed the close relationship Bob has with Sheriff Bill Wittman over the course of many years and I have witnessed Bob's close relationship with the Visalia Police Department. I have heard these men speak at Bob's church and I have heard Bob endorse them publicly for office.

Fact: The Child Abuse was rejected due to "Statute of Limitations" which is the official reason I was given. I am not aware of the results of any other investigations that may have occurred. I assume any potential investigations would be ongoing and not completed.
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

#1528 Feb 4, 2013
Fact: Who can reply in the box provided by topix below :-)
Who

Manteca, CA

#1529 Feb 4, 2013
you says
"... I think Geoff could sue you...."
Who says
I am quoting Bob.That, along with experience and testimony from other people lends credence to the belief that Geoff was an ultra-violent bully that was prone to committing acts of violence against his fellow classmates.
My name is Who.
Who

Manteca, CA

#1530 Feb 4, 2013
you says
"...I think Geoff could sue you...."
Who says
Geoff would be forced to show that my statement brought him harm, and the only measure of harm the courts recognize is money damages.
He'd have to show that the statement is costing him money, and he'd have to prove further that the loss of money was not due to some other cause.
You, Alex, are not the only one that talks to lawyers!
My name is Who.
Who

Manteca, CA

#1531 Feb 4, 2013
You can spin it all you want, Alex, but you spinning does not make your statements true.
Keep spinning.
The exact same way that you accuse Bob of spinning.
I do not work for Bob, I am here at topix.com on my own volition, based upon my concern for principles that I see you running roughshod over.
If a customer of yours treated you the way you treat others on the internet, you would voluntarily disengage from further business dealings with said customer.
Unfortunately, no such voluntary disengagement is possible on topix.com .
Which is why I think you are getting sued.
Perhaps Geoff did not abuse steroids.
Perhaps Bob did not abuse his sons.
How does it feel now that YOU are being led around by the nose, Alex?
Who

Manteca, CA

#1532 Feb 4, 2013
That last post of mine guarantees that, in context, my mentioning of possible steroid abuse and possible attempted rape
is a rhetorical strategy and not an attempt to defame.
How does the First Amendment taste now?
Who

Manteca, CA

#1533 Feb 4, 2013
Who wrote:
Fact: Geoff was a muscular, violent bully whose behavior necessitated a harsher form of discipline than would be required for a little bitty girl. His steroid abuse made an appropriate level of discipline both more necessary and more difficult to administer.
Fact: Alex perceives his childhood as filled with poor parenting, and he is now years later armchair quarterbacking his way into court. Alex recounted his perceptions of poor parenting to Detectives of the Visalia Police Department a few years back ('ish).
Excellent narrative that contradicts Alex', Who!
Who

Manteca, CA

#1534 Feb 4, 2013
Who wrote:
Fact: Alex has only within the last year spoken of showering with his father once. He either remembered it, made it up, or assigned to it a significance that it had previously not held for him. His memory was only written about after he and Paul met with an attorney that pays his rent by suing people and organizations that he believes he can win against.
Fact: Family members of the same gender have been known to, out of occasional necessity, bathe together. This is not prima facie abusive, and Alex gives it a spin that the unmentioned event had never had for him before.
Fact: Fathers occasionally and out of necessity sometimes leave their bedroom in their longjohns.
Fact: Bob Grenier had a vasectomy, and Alex is levying various claims regarding this that are being made for the first time today. His claims would have more credibility if they were part of his story from day one. However, given Alex' propensity to exaggerate and invent, I believe that Alex' most recent claims should be met with a healthy dose of skepticism.
Fact: Former staff claim that there occurred financial abuses and corruption, though there is no evidence presented to support those assertions, and said staff have received no specialized training in those areas of life and are thus in no position to make a valid determination.
Fact: There is much more coming down the pike because Alex has an active imagination and has no problem inventing other events as he sees fit.
Fact: Bob is acquainted with some law enforcement agencies, and Alex claims that Bob has "very strong political connections" without providing any account of what those connections are, who those connections are with, and how Alex came to know of said alleged connections.
Fact: The abuse and corruption is illegal. Despite some investigating that was instigated by Alex, no wrongdoing or illegal activity has been found to have occurred.
Excellent narrative that contradicts Alex', Who!
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

#1535 Feb 5, 2013
Who wrote:
You can spin it all you want, Alex, but you spinning does not make your statements true.
Keep spinning.
The exact same way that you accuse Bob of spinning.
I do not work for Bob, I am here at topix.com on my own volition, based upon my concern for principles that I see you running roughshod over.
If a customer of yours treated you the way you treat others on the internet, you would voluntarily disengage from further business dealings with said customer.
Unfortunately, no such voluntary disengagement is possible on topix.com .
Which is why I think you are getting sued.
Perhaps Geoff did not abuse steroids.
Perhaps Bob did not abuse his sons.
How does it feel now that YOU are being led around by the nose, Alex?
I disagree. I have the truth on my side and I have confidence in the court process. I also believe that we'll eventually see some justice in these matters.

And the only thing you are leading around by the nose is

that box below provided by topix and it is there for you to post your response

Isn't America great!

my name is calvarychapelabusedotcom
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

#1536 Feb 5, 2013
I would describe it more as you chasing your tail.

You'll never achieve your stated goal of getting me to stop posting on topix.

How's that working out for you btw? ;-)
Who

United States

#1537 Feb 5, 2013
You used to post on topix.com incessantly before who showed up? Before Who showed up. And to think that all I did was ask very basic questions.
Next page I will take you back to square one
and go over each successive step with you again.
minus the wiktionary.org quotes.
My name is Who.
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

#1538 Feb 5, 2013
My facts and narrative contradict Bob's published and publicly released book and it also contradicts Bob's public narrative that he expresses from radio programs, a televised pulpit, speaking engagements all over the world, etc etc etc.
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

#1539 Feb 5, 2013
I do think Bob was telling the truth when he has described many times over the years (and in his book) that he was a drug dealer and smuggled drugs into the US illegally, all while somehow fooling the government while he flew the Lt. Governor of Florida around.

I think that kind of drug and smuggling career while on the surface a trusted Government agent, takes a lot of skill in lying and deceit...something Bob has continued to do quite well in his current profession.
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

#1540 Feb 5, 2013
I also fully believe that Bob and some guy he calls "david" had some sort of homosexual encounter in boarding school and that Bob describes what happened as no biggie, not uncommon for kids to do or something like that is a big tell of how Bob may have justified his abusive behavior that Paul reports.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HemetHEMET: Food market's ex-owner convicted of... 1 hr boy 3
MSU administrator on student lawsuits: Bring it on (Sep '12) 1 hr Roslyn Clark Artis 594
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away 1 hr Hooogle It 90
Elk River pastor charged (Jan '11) 2 hr Roger 1,591
24 Arrested in Crystal City Area Based Cocaine ... 3 hr cc resident 25
Voter ID ordinances fails to pass 4 hr except 17
FBI turns animal cruelty into top-tier felony e... 4 hr USA R0CKS 11

Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE