Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'

Oct 18, 2012 Full story: The Fresno Bee 1,861

Visalia Calvary Church pastor, the Rev. Bob Grenier, and his wife, Gayle, have sued their estranged son, Alex Grenier, accusing him of defamation and cyberbullying.

Full Story
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Caldwell, ID

#495 Nov 29, 2012
I already answered you clearly, reread it

your turn, you've got a lot of catching up to do

now go answer the many questions I've asked you that you continue to dodge

g'nite read your responses later
Who

Manteca, CA

#496 Nov 29, 2012
Who wrote:
you says
"...Weird enough to share it with others...."
Who says
But when you thought they were 'weird', you believed that Bob was abusive, isn't that correct?
Weird, but not abusive. I do believe we've found you making a distinction without a difference, Bill Clinton!
Excellent point, Who. Alex is currently a roped calf.
Who

Manteca, CA

#497 Nov 29, 2012
you says
"...now go answer the many questions I've asked you that you continue to dodge..."
Who says
Pot, meet kettle.

Caldwell, ID

#498 Nov 30, 2012
no i think you are wrong as usual and it'll be proven wrong in court

he sure took some bad advice, and it'll cost him a lot

still hope he comes clean and steps down, answers for his wrongdoing and gets help, etc especially for the sake of my mom and the many others he's hurt

but that outcome is not very realistic or probable, that would take a real "miracle" not a "common miracle"

Caldwell, ID

#499 Nov 30, 2012
hey the dude walked around us nekked all the time, i could point out his stuff in a line up, so could my other brothers

I used to think it was just weird, now in light of paul's situation (and the opinion of the licensed therapist) i think it was a form of abuse

hook us all up to forensic lie detectors. I'm game, how 'bout 'ol honest bob?

Caldwell, ID

#500 Nov 30, 2012
the behavior was minimized in the home and he made a joke of it, calling it "Naked preacher man!" and laugh about it. we bought into it as a joke as kids. "Oh, it's just naked preacher man walking around naked" while we were young kids, tweens, teens and his step-kids

in hindsight i find it to be rather disturbing behavior, especially in light of paul's accusations.

"who", do you think it's normal behavior? OK? any significance in light of paul's allegations?

Do you think the licensed therapist is wrong? Is it ok for an adult pastor to expose himself regularly to his young step kids?

Caldwell, ID

#501 Nov 30, 2012
sometimes he would make an excuse and say he sleeps naked as a reason why he would come out and walk around naked in front of us

we'd be playing nintendo and he'd come into the kitchen naked, make some toast and peanut butter and then come into our area, buck naked, and talk to us or give us orders to be more quiet or whatever else

he'd often have us get ready with him, while he was naked, there was one shower in the house. we'd (often) all get ready, him naked, while we were to shower and get going. the shower was in his bedroom

in hindsight, as i stated, the memories took on a different context after I heard Paul's allegations

Caldwell, ID

#502 Nov 30, 2012
again, i never recalled being touched by him in a sexual manner or being forced to touch him in a sexual manner

but he did "spank" us and made us strip bare naked, our naked buttocks and our genitals exposed and he seemed to take some sick pleasure in beating us with his custom made wood plank-like paddle while we were absolutely stark naked

the beatings were often so intense they would leave bruises on the backs of my legs, by buttocks, my lower back and at times they drew blood as the open wounds would stick to my underwear

Caldwell, ID

#503 Nov 30, 2012
this guy is a pastor and an official representative of the visalia police department

there are many who think this stuff is valid and in the public interest and that the issues are very serious (especially paul's allegations) and that something should be done about it

I'll continue to speak out, something should be done, this stuff isn't OK

Caldwell, ID

#504 Nov 30, 2012
it also exposes a larger Problem in the church and in society

child abuse is a serious issue and should be taken much more seriously

the way the local church and calvary chapel have handled this stuff is telling of how little they care about these issues

kids are not safe in some of these institutions of trust, much needs to be done to create awareness about the Problem and to put things in place to deal with this stuff when it is reported, even if years later

Caldwell, ID

#505 Nov 30, 2012
ok, "who", your turn

go ahead and obfuscate, change the subject, spin away LOL

it won't deter me from speaking out about the truth of this situation

looking forward to your replies and continuation of the ongoing discussion
Who

Manteca, CA

#506 Nov 30, 2012
Last night's exchange shows what a duplicitous prick you can be. General reader, please reread the last three pages on this thread.There are three pages for you to read because that's how many pages it took for Alex to answer ONE SIMPLE QUESTION.
When he finally arrived at the answer, he sounded like Bill Clinton and a tap-dancing Gregory Hines all rolled up into one.
Inability to answer a simple, direct question is a big red flag for me. The answer he gave has got so many qualifications and explanations behind it that regarding his answer as truthful is laughable to me.
=
The last three pages show that Alex carefully crafts his internet behavior to paint his family in as negative a light as possible, and the last three pages show that when his hate campaign is running out of steam Alex is not beyond adding NEW ALLEGATIONS AND/OR MISREPRESENTING THE SIGNIFICANCE of previously mentioned events to fill up his hate campaign vehicle with more gas to go.
=
That is not the behavior of one that is telling the truth; rather, it is the behavior to be expected from a semi-experienced media professional formerly employed in the media industry that received special training in college on how to originate, manage and conduct a a multi-tiered internet-driven hate campaign whose only end is to attack, malign and defame the only family on earth that loved him enough to raise him. Such activity is deplorable and unChristian.
But since Alex believes that mormons are Christians, I guess the general reading public should not be surprised.
My name is Who.
Who

Manteca, CA

#507 Nov 30, 2012
This is the crux of the issue on the last three pages...
you says
"...I used to think it was just weird, now in light of paul's situation (and the opinion of the licensed therapist) i think it was a form of abuse..."
Who says
So. You say you thought him abusive. But, while you thought him abusive, you thought THIS behavior was weird, but not abusive. And AFTER Paul adds his allegation to the hate stew all of a sudden you change your mind to thinking what you formerly thought was 'weird' was actually abusive. All as a forty-tear-old adult? Highly unlikely.
I believe the judge will see through your canard.

Caldwell, ID

#508 Nov 30, 2012
you're full of it, and the people who I know who read here confirm that often LOL

weak sauce as usual "who"

you typed a lot of words and said nothing as usual

Caldwell, ID

#509 Nov 30, 2012
who said, "I never assumed that Alex was lying; that conclusion I reached later. I believe that internet bullying is wrong, and I have consistently stated such."

I thought you were a luddite or neo-luddite or something like that?

you use the internet to, as you say, "present a counter to alex's narrative"

I use the internet to present a counter to bob's public narrative on his live internet broadcasts, his book "A Common Miracle", his radio show, his representing a public agency etc etc

what's the diff?

You seem to be saying you are against what you define as 'bullying' by doing what you define as bullying, no?

Pretty sound reasoning up thar ^^

hypocrite much? LOL

Caldwell, ID

#510 Nov 30, 2012
so "who", do you think Glen C is lying? Edna? Tina? Paul? Geoff? My aunt? Our neighbor Carol? All the many others (dozens of former staff, pastors, insiders, long time members, other bookkeepers etc)?

yes or no? Direct question

Caldwell, ID

#511 Nov 30, 2012
the internet bullying laws were never intended to protect a public official / public figure from scrutiny and opposition to the person's public narrative, nor to chill free speech and the truth being reported about abuses and corruption in institutions of trust by positions of trust
Who

Manteca, CA

#512 Nov 30, 2012
Wow. Rapid-fire posts to bury your hate campaign manipulation much?
Who

Manteca, CA

#513 Nov 30, 2012
Please, general reader, read the previous five pages of this thread.
Alex is exampling all of the behaviors that I have accused him of; those behaviors are there for all to peruse.
You will have to read five pages because that''s how much writing it took to get Alex to answer ONE SIMPLE, DIRECT QUESTION.
Now.
Imagine sitting in a brick-and-mortar room across the table from him.
Now imagine trying to get him to answer one simple, direct question.
No WONDER Bob has no communication with him. Since it is irrational to bang your head against a wall, take aspirin for your headache followed by a trip to the doctor to ask him why your head hurts, so also is continued communication with Alex.
He's like an ex-lover that won't take a break-up as an answer. If said ex refuses to leave you alone, you go to court to get a restraining order.
But in this case, it is a libel/defamation/slander suit. The principle is the same-to defend yourself against unjust bullying and harrassment from someone that only wants to tear you down, no matter what the costs.
If said ex refuses to abide by normal standards of rationality, sometimes the only recourse is to get the courts involved.
My name is Who.

Caldwell, ID

#515 Nov 30, 2012
the "my name is who" canard is further proof of your dishonesty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Montebello councilwomana s husband sentenced to... 29 min ExBFF 27
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away 44 min Foster 28
One year after concealed carry, Chicago homicid... 58 min Kentucky-Mitch 7
Pennsylvania lawmaker who fired on mugger has a... 2 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 8
Freedom To Assemble Dead? 2 hr Bill Bathwater 3
Boy released in San Bernardino triple shooting ... (Nov '09) 2 hr scorpiojay 6
No Charges Against Luce County Troopers, Prosec... (Jun '09) 4 hr Sneaky Pete Is a ... 301

Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE