Local: Visalia pastor sues son over '...

Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'

There are 1863 comments on the The Fresno Bee story from Oct 18, 2012, titled Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'. In it, The Fresno Bee reports that:

Visalia Calvary Church pastor, the Rev. Bob Grenier, and his wife, Gayle, have sued their estranged son, Alex Grenier, accusing him of defamation and cyberbullying.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Fresno Bee.

CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Caldwell, ID

#332 Nov 26, 2012
should be an interesting week, we'll see what happens

ready on this end for all potentialities :-)

Caldwell, ID

#333 Nov 26, 2012
personally, i feel very sorry for the dehaan's and didi.

In my opinion they've been duped by a guy who is a master manipulator.

my bro, BG Jr., is a messed up kid IMO. The abuse and terrible dynamic in our home has severely affected him and BG plays the kid like a puppet IMO

I've been told by very recent CCV'ers who were close friends with didi, etc just how bad things are behind the scenes. I don't rejoice in it, I think it's another of the large basket of Bob's 'bad fruit'

I do agree that gluttony is a "sin" however, and it is ironic that BG harps on so many sins, but doesn't cop to any of his own (or his circle's own) which very much includes gluttony (or at least the bible includes it)

It's an example of the pick-and-choose hypocritical nature of Bob's "ministry" and yet another reason he is disqualified per scripture (though minor in comparison to the other much more serious issues)

Caldwell, ID

#334 Nov 26, 2012
Regarding Raul Ries, yes very serious allegations (first person allegations). I believe witness.

Raul has a self-admitted very violent background. I think the matter should be looked into, as well as other first-person testimony of a former CC pastor and Raul friend who told me first-person that he wore a money belt for Raul Ries and smuggled cash to South America for him (as well as Raul Jr.)

Those are very serious allegations and I believe this first-person testimony and believe the witness to be very credible as he says he directly participated in the illegal activity on behalf of Raul.

Caldwell, ID

#335 Nov 26, 2012
hey "who", do you think authorities should investigate the allegations by two first-person witnesses who one says Raul grabbed him by the throat and pushed him down on a desk and another who says that Raul had him wear a money belt for him and smuggle cash to south america?

Do you think these are serious allegations? Do you think a public Pastor who is trusted by many should do these sorts of things if they are true?

do you think it's in the public interest to know of the allegations and to fully investigate them by authorities?

Pastors are very powerful positions of trust in our society, do you believe pastors should obey the laws and should be held ot a high standard (per the bible)?

What do you think should happen if a Pastor did stuff like is described above?

Do you think people should keep silent about smuggling cash or assault? Should they go their way and pray about it and leave it to the Lord? Should they report it to authorities? Should they speak out?

You seem to be the type that would call them "gossipers!" and would back-hand threaten them for speaking up and that they should be silent even if the stuff happened and is true.

If it's true, what should they do?

Caldwell, ID

#336 Nov 26, 2012
If it's true that a pastor abused children and molested a child, was corrupt etc, what should be done?

Should people speak out or be silent?

Should the victims of Jerry sandusky have stayed silent? Was it wrong for them to speak out against him? Were they employing a 'hate campaign" against sandusky? If they blogged about sandusky, was it cyberbullying? Slander?

Is it OK for an adult step-father to make his step-son shower naked with him?

Is it OK for an adult step-father to walk around fully naked, genitals exposed, in front of his step-son's who are children on a regular basis?

Is it wrong or illegal to speak out about it when the person is a trusted pastor and representative of the police department?
Who

Modesto, CA

#337 Nov 26, 2012
so apparently you've been talking to yourself in the internet mirror for the last three hours. Pretty impressive!
Who

Modesto, CA

#338 Nov 26, 2012
you says
"...personally, i feel very sorry for the people that read my writing and believe me. In my opinion they've been duped by me as I am a master manipulator in training.
my bros, P and G, are two messed up kids IMO. The cahoots and terrible 'linking up' dynamic in our home has severely affected them and I [Alex, comment by Who] play the kid like a puppet IMO
I've been told by very ancient CCV'ers who were close friends with me, etc just how bad things are behind my scenes. I don't rejoice in it, I think it's another of the large basket of my 'bad fruit'

I do agree that bearing false witness is a "sin" however, and it is ironic that I harp on so many sins, but doesn't cop to any of my own (or my circle's own) which very much includes gluttony (or at least the bible includes it)

It's an example of the pick-and-choose hypocritical nature of my "ministry" and yet another reason I am disqualified per scripture (though minor in comparison to the other much more serious issues)"
Who says
Praise The Lord! You and I agree for once!

Caldwell, ID

#339 Nov 26, 2012
no, you always respond as evidenced by your responses

Caldwell, ID

#340 Nov 26, 2012
no, it's not bearing false witness, it's true

and, if you are a self-professed random troll (which is untrue) then how are you in a position to know if it's true or bearing false witness?

Caldwell, ID

#341 Nov 26, 2012
remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint, and I won't be intimidated into silence and understand my rights etc

we'll keep the discussion going forever, you seem to be a willing conversationalist and antagonist
Who

Modesto, CA

#342 Nov 26, 2012
you says
"...If it's true that a pastor provided strict, consistent discipline for his children and bought them Christmas presents, was not corrupt etc, what should be done?..."
Who says
Ummm....Nothing!
you says
"...Should people speak out or be silent?..."
Who says
People should speak out about how great said father is.
you says
"...Should the victims of Jerry sandusky have stayed silent? Was it wrong for them to speak out against him?..."
Who says
No on both questions. Sandusky was a serial pedophile that is currently in jail after many many witnesses corroborated various testimonies with various known facts. One witness actually saw some things he was drawn to see based upon strange "slapping" sounds he heard coming from the shower. I hasten to add that I see NO CONNECTION between what those poor victims experienced at the hands of an adult that was in a position of trust in their lives and YOUR hate campaign against your family.
you says
"...Were they employing a 'hate campaign" against sandusky? If they blogged about sandusky, was it cyberbullying? Slander?..."
Who says
No on both questions. But once again, the facts in your case and the torrid situation in Pennsylvania are entirely different. Not just apples and oranges different, more like apples and airplanes different.
you says
"...Is it OK for an adult step-father to make his step-son shower naked with him?..."
Who says
This sentence is loaded with insinuation , innuendo and other such nonsense such that when you add it all up, it sums to an outright lie. I think it is sentences like that that got you SUED. Just a thought.
you says
"...Is it OK for an adult step-father to walk around fully naked, genitals exposed, in front of his step-son's who are children on a regular basis?..."
Who says
Once again, insinuation, bending/twisting/creating facts about people will get you sued. I think every time you type a sentence the judgment against you is increasing at like ten thousand a pop. You might want to stop lying, like anytime now....
you says
"...Is it wrong or illegal to speak out about it when the person is a trusted pastor and representative of the police department?..."
Who says
If by "it" you mean lies, obfuscations, insinuations, innuendis and other nonsense, then yes I believe it is wrong to type such nonsense on the internet. Needless to say, I do not believe the bumper-sticker phrase 'speaking out' accurately describes your behavior with your keyboard and computer.
My name is Who.
Who

Modesto, CA

#343 Nov 26, 2012
CalvaryChapelAbusedotcom wrote:
no, it's not bearing false witness, it's true
and, if you are a self-professed random troll (which is untrue) then how are you in a position to know if it's true or bearing false witness?
Because of your 'goalpost-moving' rhetorical strategies I've seen you employ, too many times to count, frankly. Just so you know, when you go into court and say something and the judge obviously disagrees with you, YOU can't just look at the court reporter, say 'Strike that, please' and say something else that you think would be more amenable to that particular judge's disposition.
And it is precisely THAT that I accuse you of. You say something, if it doesn't play the way you want, you simply hit the delete button and type something else that you think will cause the change in public opinion that you'd hoped your original statement would bring about.
There is this thing called truth, and it is very important for a functioning society. So important, in fact(hehe), that we have these things called 'courts' that are set up to determine the truth in disagreements between people.
You've been to court; you should know this.
Who

Modesto, CA

#344 Nov 26, 2012
you says
"...if you are a self-professed random troll (which is untrue)..."
Who says
Once again, thick-skull...I one day typed the term 'local news' into google.com . topix.com was the first listing. I clicked on it. On that day, I'd never heard of topix.com and I was unaware of your typing about your family. I read. I read some more. It took me a few days, for there were thousands of posts on various threads.
In my opinion, your presentation of what you called 'facts' was skewed. You would insinuate one thing on one page and insinuate some other mutually exclusive proposition on another.
There was virtually no account of any behavior on the sons' part to explain why things in the family had deteriorated; it was just all "Bob is bad Bob is bad."
Well, sorry, call it experience, but when one person says it is all one person's fault, and if the subject under discussion does not correspond to any kind of Sandusky or RCC scandal, then my bullshit meter goes into overdrive.
After reading quite a bit, I made my own constitutionally protected personal determination that what you were typing could not possibly the whole truth, nothing but the truth, so help you God.
Call it my extensive training in philosophy. And us philosophers don't like sophists.
You are a sophist ( www.wikipedia.org ). I am Socrates.
Socrates and the sophists didn't get along. The Athens killed Socrates and Athens crumbled and we are still learning from Socrates and still learning how to NOT from the sophists.
My name is Who.
Who

Modesto, CA

#345 Nov 26, 2012
from wikipedia.
Sophism in the modern definition is a specious argument used for deceiving someone
Who says
In other words, you use arguments to deceive people.
As a philosopher, arguments are almost holy to me, and I hate to see arguments used for the purposes of deception.
It's kinda like Darth Vader using the Force for the Dark Side.
Call me Luke Skywalker, and YOU ARE NOT MY FATHER!!!!!bWAHAHA
Who

Modesto, CA

#346 Nov 26, 2012
And, Dear Reader, you should know that AT THIS VERY MOMENT Alex is arguing with /harassing others at the blog
michaelnewnham.com .
I'll post the rhetorical moves that Alex makes over there HERE, because they are pertinent to my overall argument, an argument need I remind you that has, without my knowledge, been taken directly from topix.com and will soon be before a judge.
See, Mom! I COULDA been a lawyer. But I'm glad I'm not.
I'm glad I'm Who. Aren't you?! Of course you are.

Caldwell, ID

#347 Nov 26, 2012
yes, wikipedia, that is a fitting source for a person like you LOL

probably about the depth of your actual knowledge :-)

Caldwell, ID

#348 Nov 26, 2012
you demonstrate a very low level of logic/reason and philosophical logic for someone who claims to be Socrates

Caldwell, ID

#349 Nov 26, 2012
again, i wish you were a more intelligent antagonist, but camp bob is light in the brain department, very heavy in the rear end department LOL

Caldwell, ID

#350 Nov 26, 2012
big week coming up, you ready who?
Who

Modesto, CA

#351 Nov 26, 2012
at michaelnewnham.com
MLD says
"...Martin Luther's Disciple says:
November 26, 2012 at 5:56 am
Well I do tend to take some things personally – like when someone not only “outs” my identity to his blog audience,then talks about where I live, my wife, my job – yes I take that personally.

Oh, and how about your tactic to use my name several times in each post, and encouraging your cronies at your blog to do the same thing, so that Google searches will cast me in a bad light? Yes I do take those things personally.

Many have asked me if a sane person would do that? But I tell them I can’t answer- I can’t afford the lawyer. Some have compared you to a mental Nazi – myself, perhaps I wouldn’t go that far.

As a fact check, I have never unfriended anyone on FB...."
Who says
Excellent points, MLD. I do know that Alex has threatened to sue you many times. He is very combative and also not very committed to truth and the open exchange of ideas.
I have no problem calling him a 'mental Nazi'---I think he learned quite a few of his hate campaign propaganda tactics from Goebbels.
In fact, If you were to substitute the word 'jew' for every time he uses the name of his father/family, I believe the Anti-Defamation League would have had his ass long ago.
I think all pastors in this country should band together and form their own Anti-Defamation League.
Who knows? Maybe they will!
My name is Who.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump to GOP: Pass health care bill or seal you... 5 min CodeTalker 132
News Lunch lady's underage sexting case goes all the... 11 min prairiewriter63 1
News After U.S. health bill's withdrawal, elation an... 24 min Retribution 28
News Area Police Reports (Aug '13) 3 hr walkingalone 14
News 3 in Hardin Co. face prescription drug charges (Mar '10) 5 hr BlueEyes610 35
News Lawmakers seek answers in rape case as local of... 7 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
News Additional Indictments Filed In Murder Cases 10 hr binaries 1
More from around the web