Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'

Oct 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Fresno Bee

Visalia Calvary Church pastor, the Rev. Bob Grenier, and his wife, Gayle, have sued their estranged son, Alex Grenier, accusing him of defamation and cyberbullying.

Comments
301 - 320 of 1,861 Comments Last updated Apr 6, 2014
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

you says
"...Alex admits his faults and reconciles..."
Who says
This almost made me laugh out loud. Obviously you haven't been paying attention. If it has to do with his hate campaign against his father, Alex is an ends-justify-the-means, scorched earth kinda guy. All kinds of personal jabs, advertising a person's identity despite their repeated requests to remain anonymous, harassing posts on fb, harassing e-mails, crying and complaining to moderators on michaelnewnham.com , selling selling selling his position to others who would rather blog the day away instead of doing something constructive in their communities....I could go on.
Alex reconciling? Alex will reconcile as long as you agree with him.
Just go to michaelnewnham.com and ask AV what he thinks of your 'Alex reconciles' comment; I'm sure you'll get an opinion based on his personal experience, and his opinion will substantially corroborate what I've just typed.
Alex reconciling....that's a hoot!
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Did Alex reconcile with Cecil Lopez? Hell no. Alex sued him.
Now Alex will tell you any number of things to explain away his dealings with Cecil, but if you ask Cecil, I'm sure reconciliation won't be a part of THAT history lesson.
My name is Who, and you "DeWhoon has Balloned" really should get a clue. And a spellchecker.
Also, I'm assuming your handle is a backhanded insult against Robert's wife...it's not very Christian of you....just sayin'
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

DeWhoon has Balloned wrote:
His arrogance will be his undoing.
And your spelling errors will be yours!
F Who

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Your cards are showing Who. The things you are sharing your knowledge about have never been written. Liar liar pants on fire.

I know I'd rather be a bad speller then a liar and a fool. Like Fatty DeWhoon said, the guy was never qualified. It's part of your lies to say that you are not in camp bobbo and that you aren't his defender. Yet with all your self proclaimed intelligence you can't objectively acknowledge how bobbo doesn't meet any of those qualification.

Come on smarty, your cards are showing. So your whole disconnected backround is a lie. Not surprised by this, it makes me wonder exactly Who you are.

They did use all your rediculous arguments for bobbo's badly written suet. Not one attorney who's seen it hasn't laughed at the language and admitted bobbo doesn't have a chance in the world. He must have paid a huge retainer because no one in their right mind would have taken this looser for principle over cash. The only winners in this case are the attys.

So do you think you are more effective at what you do by lying about your affiliation?
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

you says
"...The things you are sharing your knowledge about have never been written..."
Who says
I'm assuming your referring to my reference to Cecil Lopez, and , well, you are misinformed.
Alex blathered about how he sued Cecil and won , a long time ago.
So, once again, you are misinformed. I learned about Alex' dealings with Cecil from Alex' own mouth. Can't remember if it was on PP, I think it was. Maybe it was at topix.com . At this point, who cares?
It's just that you are saying Alex is hip to reconciliation, and here I am giving you facts that show that he is in fact NOT hip to reconciliation. That he in fact gets a major ego boost when he stands in a courtroom, and in the case of his victory over Cecil, he gloats in his victory. It is quite contrary to the public portrait that Alex paints of himself, but I'm used to his psycopathic tendencies. By now, you should be too.
My name is Who.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Who wrote:
The following is taken from Alex' hatesite, from a document he got his paws on---he calls it "leaked," but he attaches labels to things in irrational ways.
AnyWho, here's Pastor Bob's take on Alex and the whole internet cyberbully mess...
_+_+__+_+_
Bob says
He is trying to force reconciliation with his mother…….
He lost the relationship with his mother after he screamed and yelled at her calling her a hypocrite etc, etc……
His rants and raves at that point are no different then what was stated in his first letter 4.5 years ago…..
All of his efforts are in our opinion, motivated by the goal of reconciling with his mother. He thinks that he can make this happen through the means he has expressed….
He bullies his way around, and is trying bully us into his world……..
Historical perspective leading up to today..
Gayle and I….
We are, and intend to by God’s grace, and have served the Lord since we have been born again….
We have never turned away from following Him…….
All the years our children were living here we …
Followed the Lord…
During the years our children lived here..
They gradually and progressively lived a double life……
And, we do not condemn them for the way they lived……
this is what happens when you are not saved……..
Alex, just admitted he got saved in May of 09….
I certainly don’t see the fruit of the Spirit in his life before then, and certainly not since then…….
But, the fact is, that while we lived for, and served the Lord, they did not…..
The trouble with Geoff and myself…
He was a rebellious child. He at some point began using steroids…
Amy XXXX enters the picture…..
She sought almost from the start to dislodge our son Alex from the relationship we had with him……
We began realizing that she and her entire family, were gossips and backbiters……
Following Alex and Amy’s marriage….
Alex caved into her way of thinking and living…
Our relationship with Alex, grew strained and extremely difficult….
At one point when talking to Alex about his faith in Christ…….
he told me he never wanted me to talk to him about Christ….
Paul’s turning away from his faith in Christ. His announcement of that to us. His fall into drugs drinking, living away from our home…
Again, no condemnation, we understand that is what sinful people do……
What he told me before his wedding. No Bible Crap in the ceremony….
Paul announced that he was gay.
Helped put him through COS, and Fresno State….
To the tune of $15,000.00 Paul gave Jesus the middle finger..
Alex and Amy grew apart. Alex at one point was thinking of divorcing her.
Eventually the strain was unbearable. Rude and hateful attitudes from Amy……
Paul severed his relationship with us…..
It became apparent to us that Alex and Paul had been in cahoots together. We had asked Alex to help us, only to find out he was an adversary. It was that night that the switch flipped in my mind and heart….
I realized what had been going on all this time, and was only now seeing it for the first time….
Two weeks later, the explosion to his mother…..
At that point.. Gayle tried to keep seeing XXXXX (Granddaughter). Soon, that became threatening.
A few months later we got the letter. Since that time we have never said a word to them…….
And now… Alex, who has given into his wife, and allowed his brother Paul to link up with him, realized that he has lost a relationship with his mother…..
And continues to try and pressure us to admit to things we never have done,
Alex has been bullying his way around on the internet, and is now trying to bully our board at Calvary Chapel……..
_+_+_+_+_+
My name is Who.
Thanks for clarifying, Bob!
Liar Who Lies

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

F Who wrote:
Your cards are showing Who. The things you are sharing your knowledge about have never been written. Liar liar pants on fire.
I know I'd rather be a bad speller then a liar and a fool. Like Fatty DeWhoon said, the guy was never qualified. It's part of your lies to say that you are not in camp bobbo and that you aren't his defender. Yet with all your self proclaimed intelligence you can't objectively acknowledge how bobbo doesn't meet any of those qualification.
Come on smarty, your cards are showing. So your whole disconnected backround is a lie. Not surprised by this, it makes me wonder exactly Who you are.
They did use all your rediculous arguments for bobbo's badly written suet. Not one attorney who's seen it hasn't laughed at the language and admitted bobbo doesn't have a chance in the world. He must have paid a huge retainer because no one in their right mind would have taken this looser for principle over cash. The only winners in this case are the attys.
So do you think you are more effective at what you do by lying about your affiliation?
How do you justify your lying daily? You know you are don't you? Does the end justify the means. Why do you defend the child molester?
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

you got some of your info wrong as usual, intentional I'm sure to spin your lies

Watched some of Bob's public sermon on the world wide web this morning

he's in full spin mode and lying his you-know-what off in my opinion

Looking forward to the truth coming out at a much broader level

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Bob Grenier's message was quite telling IMO

He redefined "gossip" as something the Bible says it isn't, telling the truth and exposing religious leaders for wrongdoing is not "gossip", it's telling the truth and we are commanded to do such in the bible, Ephesians 5:11 and many many other verses.

Bob also went on about "persecution" and framed himself as Jesus being persecuted for righteousness. What a joke LOL, Bob is as far from Jesus, IMO, as one could be. He is intentional, IMO, about lying and conning people and what Bob says from his public pulpit shouldn't be trusted. I strongly disagree with Bob's public narrative about himself and his ministry etc.

Bob then made a point about those coming against Jesus had "no fruit"...a reference, IMO to those speaking out against him.

Well, in my book (and many others) being a good dad and not beating your kids but treating them the way you should is "good fruit"...whereas in my personal experience, Bob's abusiveness toward me and others is "bad fruit"...a ton of "bad fruit".

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

It's a marathon not a sprint.

and Bob is a symptom of a much larger problem in the church and society. I've received more info about other CC pastors, really bad stuff. It's shameful. These guys get up there and say one thing from their public pulpits, ask folks for money, and then they live totally different and hurt people behind the scenes.

It's wrong. It needs to continually be exposed and brought to light and it's very much in the public interest and valid and righteous no matter how much camp Bob and Camp CC try to spin it away and redefine it to cover up their misdeeds

if you haven't figured it out by now, here's a little tip: the spin and intimidation dont' work on me ;-)

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

hey who, what do you call it when a pastor grabs a worship leader by the throat and slams him on a desk and yells at him?

What's that action called in our society?

Is this CC pastor wrong for doing such? Is it a crime? Should he be a pastor? Shouldn't those giving of their hard earned money to this fraud know about these things so they can make an informed decision about whether or not to support this pastor's lifestyle with their money?

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

yes telling some info way up the thread confirms my belief
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

you says
"...yes telling some info way up the thread confirms my belief..."
Who says
What?! All that stuff about Cecil Lopez Jr. WAS OUT OF YOUR OWN MOUTH, ALEX (er, keyboard!)!
The only way I know about it was because you were piping off about it.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

But I guess you type so much you forget what you've typed.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

you says
"...hey who, what do you call it when a pastor grabs a worship leader by the throat and slams him on a desk and yells at him?..."
Who says
Okay, so now you are talking about RR....I'd have to now more about the situation. Both sides of the story, you know? That sort of thing. I think it'd make a GREAT movie scene...
you says
"...What's that action called in our society?..."
Who says
I don't know....depends on the facts of that particular situation.
you says
"...Is this CC pastor wrong for doing such?..."
Who says
Not necessarily. Depends on IF it happened, and IF it happened, WHY it happened. Assuming of course it is NOT an exaggerated re-telling.
you says
"...Is it a crime?..."
Who says
Not necessarily.
you says
"...Should he be a pastor?..."
Who says
Sure. Why not? Keep in mind we still have not established whether or not it happened.
you says
"...Shouldn't those giving of their hard earned money...know about these things..."
Who says
Not necessarily, especially if it didn't happen, or if it didn't happen in exactly the way your initial presentation makes it seem.
you says
"...so they can make an informed decision about whether or not to support this pastor's lifestyle with their money?..."
Who says
And if the event never happened, and if people walked out because they 'heard' that it happened, how the fck is that an informed decision?!
My name is Who.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

in other words that would be a misinformed decision. And if someone has a part in making sure that people make misinformed decision, well I think that's called libel and/or slander and/or defamation.
But I'm sure you are learning more about that than I am right now!
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

This, from michaelnewnham.com
+=+=+=+=+=
Martin Luther's Disciple says:
Alexxx says “AV’s a big boy,… He should be able to handle a little back in his direction…”
;
Yet, Alexxx is such a little man – if you say something about his mental state, he threatens lawsuits (he has threatened me twice)

If you express an opinion different that Alexxx he unfriends you from FB (twice) and his blog (3 times)

Again, no matter the topic, Alexxx makes the conversation about himself.

Alexxx is not a big boy...
;
Another Voice says:
Alex says: "...he [AV]has no problem dishing out harsh criticism of those outside the church, like my friend Gustavo at OC Weekly..."
——————————
The more Alex writes the more we see the alternate reality in which Alex resides. Earlier in the week I mentioned that OC Weekly was both blasphemous and filthy – which anyone, like MLD noted, who actually has seen the magazine (or kept it from your kids when you go into a sandwhich shop in OC) would agree to. I also agreed with Michael that they can hardly be considered a quality journalistic source. This is over at Loose Ends.

I never even heard of Gustavo. But now Alex’s hard drive is engraved with ‘AV gave harsh personal criticism to my friend, Gustavo’

Likewise, the little anecdote I share above which was shared because of the inclusion of Phoenix Preacher. My only opinion beyond the facts shared was this showed both immaturity and hate from people with apparently little to do with their time.

That was pretty clear no doubt. And it was my only post. Yet, Alex sees things in a different world once more, and takes multiple posts to express that world. As is clear to anyone reading the post.

I think that is telling.

+=+=+=+=+=
So do I, AV! So do I...
Liar Who Lies

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Who said:
"Also, I'm assuming your handle is a backhanded insult against Robert's wife...it's not very Christian of you....just sayin'"

I don't think it's a backhanded insult. Sounds pretty dead on to me. That girl is swollen. A big fat swollen fat fat fatty. Gluttony right? Just another one of pesky 7 deadly sins, like lying.

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

you're wrong, you let slip some info and it's not what you stated it is and has nothing to do with what you just claimed was the tell, but I won't tip you off

AV (Steve) is entitled to his opinion. I think he's pretty biased being a CC pastor who told me several times that he feared taking a stand against the Brand b/c it would result in him losing followers that fund his operation there.

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

you've goofed a few times over the years, don't think I miss a thing :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••