Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'

Oct 18, 2012 Full story: The Fresno Bee 1,861

Visalia Calvary Church pastor, the Rev. Bob Grenier, and his wife, Gayle, have sued their estranged son, Alex Grenier, accusing him of defamation and cyberbullying.

Full Story
First Prev
of 94
Next Last
CalvaryChapelAbs uedotcom

Caldwell, ID

#1 Oct 19, 2012
It's very painful and disappointing to see that my Mom has now gone on offense for Bob Grenier, the man who terribly abused me and my brothers growing up.

She stood by and let us be abused then, and now stands should-to-shoulder with our abuser and calls me the "bully".

I can take all the other b.s., it's par for the course with Bob Grenier and Calvary Chapel. That my Mom is on offense hurts deeply.

Caldwell, ID

#2 Oct 19, 2012
If Bob Grenier's "hate campaign" and "cyberbullying" angle is allowed to work to silence Free Speech with regards to a Public Figure (author, radio show, traveling speaker, pastor, chaplain etc etc) and a person in an important Position of Trust as a Pastor and Chaplain, then the Chilling Effect this suit will have will send shockwaves through the blogging and internet communities and will have a huge effect on people's rights to express themselves and share their experiences and discuss the experiences of others.

The fact remains: Paul Grenier says Bob Grenier molested him.

Bob Grenier beat me and my brothers growing up, abused us terribly, and should have gone to jail but dodged accountability when his Calvary Chapel Visalia Board didn't report the child abuse that he confessed to them on one occasion.

The fact also remains that former bookkeepers, staff, family members report that Bob has misused church funds in many areas which I believe is "stealing from the church" and stealing from God. The people at Calvary Chapel Visalia gave their money to God and many times Bob has stolen from CCV and God by misusing church funds for personal gain.

I (still) believe it's the right thing to do to speak out against these things publicly and call for accountability and justice in these matters and to warn people not to trust Bob Grenier and Calvary Chapel, as I know many many good people who have been hurt by him (some very recently).

Bob Grenier and Calvary Chapel Visalia are a microcosm of a much larger Problem within the Church (and specifically Calvary Chapel). Abuses, Spiritual Abuse, corruption etc in the Church are real issues. Child Abuse is a real issue...and Churches continue to try and cover these things up and make them go away and that is wrong.

Caldwell, ID

#3 Oct 19, 2012
Bob's lawsuit will not silence me. He beat me down as a 5-year-old, as a tween, as a teen / young adult. He will not beat me down with a frivolous lawsuit with the intent to silence free speech and dodge public accountability for his own actions.

Caldwell, ID

#4 Oct 19, 2012
I also want to go on record (again) that I believe Bob Grenier is a child molester and that Law enforcement needs to investigate him and the Public needs to steer clear of him. I believe my brother Paul.

I believe him because i know Bob to be a liar and an abuser and a monster. I also believe Paul because Bob Grenier made me shower with him as a child, which is disturbing and Bob would walk around naked in front of us often growing up (genitals exposed). That's creepy behavior and IMO is indicative that Paul's molestation allegations are true.
Who

United States

#5 Oct 19, 2012
Who wrote:
you says
"...I've got to admit, I'm not as tough as I thought in one respect, it really deeply hurts that my mom has taken up the sword against me..."
Who says
No offense, Alex, but you took the sword up against her. I guess you have a sliver of a feeling about how SHE felt years ago when you started your lying and hate campaign manipulating. even this latest post of yours is manipulkation carefully contrived to get the uninvolved to see things your way---you are such a drama queen.
you says
"...after allowing me and my brothers to be abused for so many years...."
Who says
Here's an alternative narrative for the general reader...'after watching her stiff-necked sons refuse to abide by the discipline that was intended to curb my gay, bullying and steroid-pumping and attempted raping brothers AND MYSELF.'
How's THAT for the truth? Doesn't taste so good going down, does it?
you says
"...Now she stand with our abuser..."
Who says
Alternative narrative---'now she stands against her abuser.' How sucky it must be to have your son bully, abuse and lie about you over the internet.
you says
"...I ordinarily have pretty thick skin, but this really hurts. It's hard to accept that she is so callous and unloving toward us and enables our abuser so much..."
Who says
Play the sympathy card much? Here's the truth...'oh boy, my name is Alex and you should feel really sorry for me because I was playing in the mud and got my pants dirty and now I'm really sad that my pants are dirty and my mom is going to make me wash my pants and you should feel really sorry for me even though I WAS playing in the mud against family orders.'
you says
"...I haven't wanted to accept what my brothers have been telling me for years, but it's hard to be in denial about her now...."
Who says
That's funny. So. Since you started your hatesite you've been in denial about her, but NOW all of a sudden the scales have fallen from your eyes because of a lawsuit? Quite disingenuous!
you says
"...I am coming to terms that she is not an unwilling victim but a co-abuser. It sucks, very painful...."
Who says
Whoa!!!!!! She is an unwilling victim of your online hate campaigning and hate and abuse. So now you are turning the victim into the abused. That's what psychopaths do, Alex.
Excellent point, Who.
Who

United States

#6 Oct 19, 2012
you says
"...That my Mom is on offense hurts deeply..."
Who says
Redine the facts much? She is suing YOU because of YOUR hate campaigning and bullying, and now she is 'on offense'? Alex---I just havbe to tell you that you are fucking NUTS. Like CRAZY. Like you don't live in the same world as the rest of the English speakers. Maybe you should have the little green men beam you back up. She's on offense? You are so full of it. Redefine facts much? What color is the sky in your world TODAY, Alex?
you says
"...to silence Free Speech...the Chilling Effect this suit will have will send shockwaves through the blogging and internet communities..."
Who says
In your fantasy world you are way moer important than other people think you are. This is a defamation suit in Tulare County. You write like World Peace (like the capitals?) depends on you.
you says
"...and will have a huge effect on people's rights to express themselves..."
Who says
Yes, I'm sure this is next on the Supreme Court's docket....not.
you says
"...and share their experiences and discuss the experiences of others...."
Who says
If that was your intention then you should have started a message board. Instead you carefully crafted an online propaganda machine whereon all and only those views that accord with your own are given space, and any genuine questioning of or disagreement with your claims and positions is given the delete treatment. Ummmm, I think that's why you are getting sued.
you says
"...The fact remains: Paul Grenier says Bob Grenier molested him...."
Who says
I agree it is a fact that Paul claims this. I however, contra you, do not believe that Paul's claims are factual. See the distinction?
you says
"...Bob's lawsuit will not silence me...."
Who says
No matter what, it will be the court that silences you, you stupid fckng douche.
you says
"... He will not beat me down with a frivolous lawsuit with the intent to silence free speech..."
Who says
This isn't a free speech issue, Alex. If you insisted on a public blog decrying pink elephants, then I'm sure he'd let you say your piece. But your behavior is a carefully orchestrated attempt to smear and assassinate the character of a man that you happen to blame for every mistake you and/or your brothers have made in life. And that sort of thing does NOT recieve Constitutional protection, no matter how hard you stamp your temper-tantrum feet on your pawn shop's carpets. patriotpawnandgun.com .
you says
"...and dodge public accountability for his own actions..."
Who says
There is a disagreement about what his own actions were. You say he should be accountable for something Paul said. Well, If Paul is not telling the truth, should Bob stand by and watch the accusations fly without so much as lifting a finger to swat a fly? F-U-C-K NO.
He's let you say your piece for quite some time. If you had some 'news,' I'll bet it would be impossible for him to sue. But instead of 'uncovering systematic abuses' and courts in various states have looked at THE FACTS, well, the courts disagree with you.
If you were talking about the Boy Scouts or the Catholic Church, you'd prolly have better luck. Just sayin'.
Who

United States

#7 Oct 19, 2012
Sorry for the typos-Win7 is a little glitchy, and it's not like I'm this is a document that will ever go before a judge or anything winkwink.
Who

United States

#8 Oct 19, 2012
As to your 'shower' claims, I've been reading your hate campaign since June 2010, and the first I heard of THIS was like two months ago.
So.
Your claims are either
true
or
you are throwing spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks, and when it ends up on your pawn shop's carpets, you throw YET ANOTHER string of spaghetti against the wall, hoping against hope that THIS ONE will stick. Then it falls to the carpet and you throw YET ANOTHER string of spaghetti. All you are ending up with is a pile of spaghetti on the floor. It's getting messy.
-
Have one of your employees at patriotpawnandgun.com pick up a vacuum and clean up after the boss man.
Who is Bob

Visalia, CA

#9 Oct 19, 2012
Don't mind this sickening evil troll Alex. We'll find out who he is and then his time in court will come. Good luck Who. You are the very example of a cyber bully and your head can't be pulled from the chopping block. Alex is not a public figure and what you are doing is exactly what the cyber bullying laws were created for. You better buckle up because pawn shops make alot of money and a true cyber bully gets time for criminal intent to harm. Like you have done to someone you claim not to know and his business. I won't wish you luck because I want you to feel some the pain you have caused Alex and the others he fights for.
Who is Bob

Visalia, CA

#10 Oct 19, 2012
Readers. Who works for Bob and is paid to protect this very bad pastor from the justice he deserves. Protecting a child molester. How more evil can you get?
DeWho

Visalia, CA

#11 Oct 19, 2012
No it's not Who Bob, more DeWho. The worst kind of Who. A fat nasty Who.
Speaking my mind

Hanford, CA

#12 Oct 19, 2012
Only thing I can add to your comments "who" is to ask .....how ya doing Robert ? You are such a deluded psycho! How about let's all be grown ups about this, I know you can do it if you try REAL hard.
Who

United States

#13 Oct 20, 2012
you says
"...We'll find out who he is and then his time in court will come..."
Who says
By typing on topix is paradigmatic of protected speech. Just keeping the public informed of alternative narratives!
you says
"...Good luck Who. You are the very example of a cyber bully and your head can't be pulled from the chopping block...."
Who says
How come Alex' camp is always quick to pull the 'violence' analogies? It's very unbalanced.
you says
"...Alex is not a public figure..."
Who says
Quite untrue. If he'd run his hate campaign anonymously, you might have a point. But, no, Alex definitely qualifies as a public figure.
you says
"...and what you are doing is exactly what the cyber bullying laws were created for..."
Who says
What I am doing is exactly what the US Constitution was created for.
you says
"...You better buckle up because pawn shops make alot of money and a true cyber bully gets time for criminal intent to harm..."
Who says
Then that makes me an excellent candidate for plaintiff in an anti-SLAPP lawsuit against Aslix.
you says
"...Like you have done to someone you claim not to know and his business. I won't wish you luck because I want you to feel some the pain you have caused Alex and the others he fights for.
Who says
Wow. You want me to feel pain? Since that is your motivation, then I believe the cyber bully finger tag is currently on YOUR back. Dumbass.
Who

United States

#14 Oct 20, 2012
Who is Bob wrote:
Readers. Who works for Bob and is paid to protect this very bad pastor from the justice he deserves. Protecting a child molester. How more evil can you get?
This is patently false, and verifiably false. Just wait for court if you don't believe me.
Who

United States

#15 Oct 20, 2012
DeWho wrote:
No it's not Who Bob, more DeWho. The worst kind of Who. A fat nasty Who.
Once again, verifiably false. Wait for discovery. I'm sure we'll learn more about Alex than he has volunteered thus far. For if he'd shared everything from the git, the rats would've jumped his ship while it was still in CA.
Who

United States

#16 Oct 20, 2012
Speaking my mind wrote:
Only thing I can add to your comments "who" is to ask .....how ya doing Robert ? You are such a deluded psycho! How about let's all be grown ups about this, I know you can do it if you try REAL hard.
I am not Robert. If you want to paint me as him, I assume it is to minimize / deflect my most awesome criticisms away from their target. Nice try.
Who

United States

#17 Oct 20, 2012
Ohh I am Alex why is everybody always picking on me? why is my mom on offense? Why has Bob never tried to resolve this privately?
Fact: You, Alex, HAVE had private conversations with Bob. Ergo Bob has met Matt 18. Also, since I seriously doubt your Christian professions (blame it on all the unspiritual bad fruit I see falling from your tree) that you've had since only 2009, Bob is cleared on 1 Corinthian grounds.
Fact: Your mother has not been slandering you over the internet for the last three years, therefore saying SHE is on offense is disingenuous at best, lying at worst, and hate campaign character assassination manipulation on whatever end of the spectrum the general reader places you, guided by their personal proclivities of course. It is YOU, Alex, that has been on offense. Your family is simply defending themselves against a rabid bulldog with hate and slobber dripping from his doggie lips.
-
And this whole "I'll set up a paypal account so you can help with my legal defense" is more posturing and manipulation from you, and frankly it makes me sick to see. You are such a fucking drama queen. Get over yourself.
My name is still Who.
My goodness

Visalia, CA

#18 Oct 21, 2012
I agree, who!
Who

United States

#19 Oct 21, 2012
Dear general reader.
It is not my intention to cuss so much, it's just that I've been trying to show Alex the error of his ways for a couple of years now, and he just sticks his fingers in his ears and shouts
"I can't hear you! I can't hear you!"
like a little child, and he's forty.
-
I never assumed that Alex was lying; that conclusion I reached later. I believe that internet bullying is wrong, and I have consistently stated such.
Alex didn't stop posting at topix.com , so I continued to read, of course. Once I determined that he would not stop bullying his family, I figured that that part of my argument was done; he and I would never see eye to eye on his unBiblical use of the internet.
So, I started paying more attention to his narrative. I noticed various inconsistencies in his recounting of the facts as he says they occurred. I also noticed how he changed and embellished his narrative to suit whatever rhetorical situation/difficulty he was facing at any given moment.
I thought to myself, if his recounting of things changes and gets embellished or disembellished depending on the day, well then maybe he thinks that truth is something that changes.
-
I have consistently challenged him to answer very basic questions about his accounts and I have drawn his attention to what I have seen as inconsistencies and moving goalposts.
To which Alex has consistently responded
"I can't hear Who! I can't hear Who! Who is Who? Who works for my dad! Who is an abuser! Who is who I wish I could be!"
-
I have never sought to quell free speech. The beauty of free speech is that alternative narratives are in principle always allowed-that's the very essence of free speech.
All I have done is provide a narrative to the reading public that is quite different than what Alex would like the reading public to believe.
In fact, it is precisely Alex' willingness to change his presentation of facts to fit the media vehicle that caused me to doubt the truth of his various claims.
Also, Alex has shown himself to have various conspiracy theory leanings, but then he owns a gun shop and lives in white as snow Idaho, so I guess my fellow Americans should expect such behaviour.
My name is Who.
Who

United States

#20 Oct 21, 2012
Alex, the top of the next page is yours, you dipshit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 94
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... (Feb '14) 16 min Lon Spector 294
What life is like for Casey Anthony 44 min Lon Spector 244
Susan Frederick-Gray v. Joe Arpaio 2 hr Earl 27
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... 2 hr Squach 19
Fannin Co. disputes bill for expert witness in ... 4 hr moosr 3
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 10 hr grave digger 303
Domestic violence likely more frequent for same... 11 hr eJohn 16
•••

Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••