In Northeast Philadelphia, methadone clinics generate community opposition

Jan 30, 2013 Full story: Philly.com

Do sick people have a right to be treated in their own community? Do residents have a right to say who gets care nearby? The questions have a familiar ring in Northeast Philadelphia, where residents have repeatedly opposed new methadone maintenance clinics, forcing hundreds of their neighbors to travel across the city for care.

Full Story
Art Cohen

Conyers, GA

#1 Feb 10, 2013
Folks,[REASONABLE PRICE METHADONE IN U.S.]
I have asked this before, but I have come somewhat entangled in the post's. Let me ask again:
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THERE IS A METHADONE CLINIC THAT IS EITHER FREE, OR IS SUBSIDIZED AND IS LIKE $4 OR $5 DOLLARS PER DOSE? In Atlanta I can't find a clinic less than $12 per day and transportation on rapid transit is $5.
HELP !!!!!
Junebug

Hanover, PA

#2 Feb 12, 2013
Art Cohen wrote:
Folks,[REASONABLE PRICE METHADONE IN U.S.]
I have asked this before, but I have come somewhat entangled in the post's. Let me ask again:
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THERE IS A METHADONE CLINIC THAT IS EITHER FREE, OR IS SUBSIDIZED AND IS LIKE $4 OR $5 DOLLARS PER DOSE? In Atlanta I can't find a clinic less than $12 per day and transportation on rapid transit is $5.
HELP !!!!!
Giving up the junkie lifestyle cold turkey will always be the cheapest route to take. Man the eff up and quit today, you won't regret it.
Art Cohen

Conyers, GA

#3 Feb 12, 2013
Junebug wrote:
<quoted text>
Giving up the junkie lifestyle cold turkey will always be the cheapest route to take. Man the eff up and quit today, you won't regret it.
JuneBug, WHile I appreciate your reply, I have bone cancer and Methadone from a clinic is the only thing I have found that dull's the pain enough for me to still be able to clean up the house and make up the bed.....and still be somewhat independent. Thank you though, I wish I was in the situation to try. Sincerely, Art Cohen

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 12, 2013
Art Cohen wrote:
<quoted text>
JuneBug, WHile I appreciate your reply, I have bone cancer and Methadone from a clinic is the only thing I have found that dull's the pain enough for me to still be able to clean up the house and make up the bed.....and still be somewhat independent. Thank you though, I wish I was in the situation to try. Sincerely, Art Cohen
You may have put yourself in a jamb, but I don't know your hitory.

Dosing protocols are different for pain than for addiction. Sounds like you'd be best served by a pain clinic, or a pain doc, that Rx's M. Trouble is, if you have addiction issues, especially documented issues, they won't see you... usually.

Check up Ohio way (I think it was Ohio), last I heard there was one or two counties that suppliment methoadone payments. You won't find many, that's for sure (it's something that p*sses tax payers off, you know!).
Art Cohen

Conyers, GA

#5 Feb 13, 2013
ABC 52 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have put yourself in a jamb, but I don't know your hitory.
Dosing protocols are different for pain than for addiction. Sounds like you'd be best served by a pain clinic, or a pain doc, that Rx's M. Trouble is, if you have addiction issues, especially documented issues, they won't see you... usually.
Check up Ohio way (I think it was Ohio), last I heard there was one or two counties that suppliment methoadone payments. You won't find many, that's for sure (it's something that p*sses tax payers off, you know!).
JuneBug, thank you for your reply. I started off with what is commonly known as the "PAIN CLINIC. However, I came to find out that of all of the pain medicine that was prescribed [and he tried many] ONLY Dolophine worked. Dolophine is the generic chemical name for Methadone. The problem is this: they are afraid of the DEA and the strict laws that go along with writing prescriptions for pain meds. He said that they really give the Pain Clinics a hard time. He said he would LOVE to write a prescription for what HE THOUGHT I really needed 'doseage wies' but that as a general rule he would only prescribe 30 milligrams of this Methadone per day to keep the DEA off of his back. I got the same answer from other pain clinics.
As for addiction JuneBug, trust me...that is the LEAST of my worries. The pain in my bones is so horrendous that addiction is not an issue for me. I HAVE to have this for the pain. He had said the Methadone clinics had a license to "tailor" the dosage for your needs. That's how I ended up on THIS clinic. He and the other pain clinics simply can not write a prescription for my needs-the M Clinic can, and I am greatful to them for relieving my pain and actually being very concerned about this. Bone Cancer can be VERY, VERY painful. Trust me. I appreciate your post's, and God Bless You JuneBug. Sincerely, Art Cohen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massena man sentenced to prison for cocaine sale 44 min Real Misty 27
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 2 hr Son-Of-Eternity 1,618
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 3 hr Son-Of-Eternity 439
Montebello councilwomana s husband sentenced to... (May '14) 6 hr Wonder Why 46
Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) 7 hr BLINDWAY 1,202
Vice President Joe Biden to attend funeral for ... 7 hr Smart Alex 2
Garvin Guilty Of Triple Murder (Jan '11) 7 hr jessica Mollett 25
More from around the web