Youngstown company accused of dumping fracking waste faces federal charges

Feb 14, 2013 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.cleveland.com

The fracking waste, known as brine, is a mixture of salt water tainted with naturally-occurring toxic metals and radium and other industrial fluids

Federal charges are expected to be filed today against an oil and natural gas drilling company accused of dumping more than 20,000 gallons of fracking waste into a tributary of the Mahoning River on Jan. 31, according to a news release from U.S. Attorney Steven Dettelbach.

Dettelbach has scheduled a news conference for 1 p.m. to announce the charges against D&L Energy, a Youngstown-based company engaged in fracking operations primarily in the Appalachian Basin of Ohio and Pennsylvania, according to its website.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Free enterprise at it's finest.
Sheik Yerbouti

Chalfont, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Unfortunately no one will go to prison. Our pollution laws need teeth including the death penalty!
celticwarriors

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

This should merit a firing squad. Our drinking water cannot be replaced. Once it is poisoned, it is forever poisoned. Stop ALL Fracking! Get off oil and gas. Build smarter homes and buildings and produce wind, solar, and hemp.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••