Nurse accused of stealing and using drugs on the job

Full story: Newsday

A registered nurse stole morphine and other narcotics from Patchogue and West Islip medical facilities and used the drugs while on duty, state officials said.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of50
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Judge Roy Bean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

JIL wrote:
DEAR MR BEAN
CAUSE YOU SURE AS HELL AINT NO JUDGE
Main Entry: CRIMINAL
Pronunciation:'kri-m&-n &l,'krim-n&l
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French or Late Latin; Anglo-French criminal, from Late Latin criminalis, from Latin crimin-, crimen crime
1 : relating to, involving, or being a crime <criminal neglect>
2 : relating to crime or to the prosecution of suspects in a crime <criminal statistics> <brought criminal action>
3 : guilty of crime; also : of or befitting a criminal <a criminal mind>
THIS IS THE DEFENITION OF A CRIMINAL
SO IF YOU FEEL SHE IS ONE THAN YOU AS A JUDGE ARE NOT DOING YOUR JOB PROPERLY YOU MUST BE LETTING MURDERERS AND RAPIST OUT ON THE STREET AND LOCKING UP PEOPLE WITH A SICKNESS. THAT IS MY OPINION.
YOU MUST HAVE A CRIMINAL OR TWO OR THREE IN YOUR FAMILY BUT YOU AS A JUDGE WOULD SAY THEY ARE SICK SO THAT PEOPLE DONT JUDGE THEM THE WAY
THEY ARE JUDGING THIS WOMAN. AGAIN PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW STONES.
Ok missy let's get it straight here...

"A registered nurse stole morphine and other narcotics from Patchogue and West Islip medical facilities and used the drugs while on duty, state officials said."

quoted from the headline of this thread, let me reiterate what was quoted... she stole morphine = stealing is a crime, stealing narcotics is an enhancement of said crime. Theft of said narcotics while on duty as a registered nurse, additional enhancement to the criminal episode..

So, my suggestion to you while you are on your little rant and quoting webster or whom ever you choose to babble on about... read your own words and don't preach to the choir.

Silvia was not merely tired, but high on morphine she had stolen from the hospital and injected while on duty, the attorney general's office alleged Monday.

Additional information from the posted article.

"Silvia, 46, of Holbrook, was charged Monday in Suffolk County District Court in Central Islip with 13 counts of falsifying medical records, stealing morphine and endangering patients from Brookhaven Memorial Hospital in October and Our Lady of Consolation Nursing and Rehabilitative Care Center in March"

So, the AG's office is involved and filing charges. I guess that means I am throwing more rock's from my plexi glass house...
NOPE, I just call it as I see it. She has placed a black eye on Nursing in general and if/when found guilty she will pay for her transgressions.

Lower your voice take a chill pill whatever it is that you do to relax, I don't believe I judged anyone. You though, may want to re read your posting and think about your own hypocracies.
I simply stated facts like I did here once again for you.
You have a choice, skip the postings that you don't agree with or debate them civilly. Posting while angry makes responses very simple and even fun.

I still don't know how you wound me releasing murderer's and rapists around this story but I will let that one go for now.
Have a good night.
JIL

Holtsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

WHAT ARE YOU LETTING GO THE FACT THAT YOU YOURSELF JUST ADMITTED THAT YOU LET MURDERERS AND RAPISTS GO..
PEOPLE WITH DRUG ADDICTIONS ARE NOT CRIMINALS. THERE IS A WAY TO HELP AND THAT IS NOT BY MAKING THEM GO TO JAIL. I MUST HAVE HIT A SOFT SPOT WHEN I SAID THAT YOU MUST HAVE A DRUG ADDICT OR TWO IN YOUR FAMILY.
Judge Roy Bean

Bedminster, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2007

JIL wrote:
WHAT ARE YOU LETTING GO THE FACT THAT YOU YOURSELF JUST ADMITTED THAT YOU LET MURDERERS AND RAPISTS GO..
PEOPLE WITH DRUG ADDICTIONS ARE NOT CRIMINALS. THERE IS A WAY TO HELP AND THAT IS NOT BY MAKING THEM GO TO JAIL. I MUST HAVE HIT A SOFT SPOT WHEN I SAID THAT YOU MUST HAVE A DRUG ADDICT OR TWO IN YOUR FAMILY.
I am going to type slower for you so you can understand the words that are coming on your screen....

You must be on crack. My God woman, you can't even read let a lone type.
Sick or not, that is to be determined in court.

I guess if every dope head used that whiny excuse nobody would have to be accountable for their actions. That appears to be what you are looking for.
Typical of today's society let's all fall back to the 60's walk around stoned and when called up to account for our misgivings we can all claim mental instability or illness. Time to take off your rose colored glasses, wake up and be an adult. Sometimes people are just that PEOPLE. Sooner or later your gonna get caught if you are doing wrong. I guess it was just her time.
Oh and by the way, people with drug addictions generally ARE CRIMINALS, some just take longer to get caught. Hopefully if she really is ILL? she can get the help she needs and it won't be from people like you that want to hide behind a plume of smoke. It will be from people who realize that one of the first steps on the road to recovery is to accept the facts and not side step around them. It's really that simple, stand up and be counted quit whining.
Judge Roy Bean

Bedminster, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2007

Snake Eyes wrote:
Simple- Give her enough dope that she doesn't wake up.. done..
where did jill run off to? she came on here thumpin her chest and blowin on her bull horn and then disappeared as quickly as she arrived...
SMB

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Critical care nurses, doctors - HEY why not airplane pilots? Why wait until something happens, then test? My construction worker husband MUST be checked before and during the job!!! And he doesnt have access to the "cookie jar" like nurses and doctors. I want my doctor/nurses, pilot all checked routinely! why not? You're flying me around, and I am paying GOOD money...I want you tested. You are my life support while on the operating table? I want you checked.

“"Legal Eye"”

Since: Jul 07

Boston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

I've learned that 99% of nurses are men chasers, liars, cheats and thieves.
SMB

Evergreen Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2007

judge_n_jury wrote:
I've learned that 99% of nurses are men chasers, liars, cheats and thieves.
They would pretty much HAVE to be considering their chosen "profession"
But would you like to elaborate on your comment?

“"Legal Eye"”

Boston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2007

SMB wrote:
<quoted text>
They would pretty much HAVE to be considering their chosen "profession"
But would you like to elaborate on your comment?
My sister works in a hospital in Virginia and what she's witnessed and then I experineced were the following: Nurses go after men (forget the doctors, they're sitting ducks, I'm talking about patients)and they're sweet to the wives but before the guy is out of the hospital he already has a number to reach the C*nt and they're always open to affairs with married men who were patients. One actually had sex with the patient and was caught by a supervisor, but she's still working. Actually they moved her to the nursing home to care for them. They lie, cheat and play up to the men they think can give them, Fu ck them and they use their bedside manner to do so. That's just a tip of what I've experienced and what my sister witnessed amongst others. There's more but my blood boils when I think about it. I can tell you one thing. My husband was in the hospital a year ago, after I found all of this out and I pulled the nurses who took care of him aside and let them know, over step one toe and watch me rip your world to shredds to the point you'd wish you died an agonizing death, cause that would be a love fest compared to what I would do to you. They hated me and feard me. That's right. Women need to know Nurses are vultures who will go after you man (especially if he's well off or good looking) and she'll Fu ck him anyway she can right under your nose if you're not careful.

Maybe it's just in Virginia. Oh and that one CU NT who tried to make a play for my man, was engaged to marry someone else and was having an affair with yet another ex patient. I hired a PI and once I got all the dirt on the queen slut, I took it to her fiance, lucky man, he recently married someone else and sent me an invitation and thanked me for saving him from a life with her. He married a cop. Better than a nurse anytime.

“"Legal Eye"”

Boston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2007

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok missy let's get it straight here...
"A registered nurse stole morphine and other narcotics from Patchogue and West Islip medical facilities and used the drugs while on duty, state officials said."
quoted from the headline of this thread, let me reiterate what was quoted... she stole morphine = stealing is a crime, stealing narcotics is an enhancement of said crime. Theft of said narcotics while on duty as a registered nurse, additional enhancement to the criminal episode..
So, my suggestion to you while you are on your little rant and quoting webster or whom ever you choose to babble on about... read your own words and don't preach to the choir.
Silvia was not merely tired, but high on morphine she had stolen from the hospital and injected while on duty, the attorney general's office alleged Monday.
Additional information from the posted article.
"Silvia, 46, of Holbrook, was charged Monday in Suffolk County District Court in Central Islip with 13 counts of falsifying medical records, stealing morphine and endangering patients from Brookhaven Memorial Hospital in October and Our Lady of Consolation Nursing and Rehabilitative Care Center in March"
So, the AG's office is involved and filing charges. I guess that means I am throwing more rock's from my plexi glass house...
NOPE, I just call it as I see it. She has placed a black eye on Nursing in general and if/when found guilty she will pay for her transgressions.
Lower your voice take a chill pill whatever it is that you do to relax, I don't believe I judged anyone. You though, may want to re read your posting and think about your own hypocracies.
I simply stated facts like I did here once again for you.
You have a choice, skip the postings that you don't agree with or debate them civilly. Posting while angry makes responses very simple and even fun.
I still don't know how you wound me releasing murderer's and rapists around this story but I will let that one go for now.
Have a good night.
Theres some in VA too. One in particular. She managed to get a promotion, and yet she even sleeps with patients, sex-patients, her friends husbands, she smokes drugs and she even pops a few on the job. When will they catch her? A promotion instead of exit papers.
Just a girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2007

Come on now, like this is anything new? This problem is much more common than you think. Get real. I read recently that between 6 and 12 percent of nurses abuse controlled substances. Thats about right I would say.
SMB

Evergreen Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2007

Just a girl wrote:
Come on now, like this is anything new? This problem is much more common than you think. Get real. I read recently that between 6 and 12 percent of nurses abuse controlled substances. Thats about right I would say.
Hey girl, are you a nurse?? How can a true poll be taken here? Who in their RIGHT mind would answer truthfully to bringing vials of morphine and new syringes home "accidently" after shift work in cardiac? And what should a family member do if a nurse in the family offers them vicodin that they just happened to have, or xanax, or whatever you need.
For they are taking it too. More than we will ever know. Drug testing would wake up alot of people. Most nurses are quietly "let go" I know many. And there is no record of the abuse. They are free to be hired somewhere else for awhile to lay low and start all over again.
Khoshu

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

Having been accused of this does NOT prove she took these drugs for personal use, or that the entire incident(s) were possibly due to lack of training, lack of knowledge of the specific computerized system, or simply too busy to chart. I was also blackballed and placed on probation thru the State Boards for errors in charting and the pharmacists laziness in personalizing each patient's personal drug profile. I was actually accused of giving a neonate the dose of Mom's percocet. We used a very poor system of access to the Pyxis and had to keep the MAR (med admin record) on the top of the machine, NOT in the patient's bedside chart where most hospitals place them. This occurred on Sept. 11, 2001. I have not been able to secure a job now due to the political hurdles potential employers would have to do per the boards decision. PS I lost my home, my husband and nearly my life after this. Somebody needs to fix the fact that for each nurse is only human and makes errors. This is true for MD's and Pharmacists, too! If the nurse did succumb to taking the medication, then she should be placed in a diversion program as offered per the boards. Remember the words I've learned from the hard way ... "Don't STIPULATE" What the hospitals accuse is NOT always true!
Ca RN also Blackballed

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

After being fired without any warning whatsoever, this Calif. RN was also Blacklisted or Blackballed due to falso accusations of "diversion" of medications... I agree with the previous nurse regarding the training involved in the machines, yet she forgot to mention that during emergency situations and extreme patient loads, it is lucky if a med is given at all. We have to put up with constant interruptions at all times, even when trying to simply draw up meds or get them out of the machine. I have charted the wrong med in the wrong chart, and that means that it was a double error. The right medication was given to the correct patient but that doesn't matter when you have made a similar error or omission before. They don't teach you the politics behind the seens in nursing school .. and we also deal with nurses that would rather look for others' errors than give quality patient care.
Mitch

Middle Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

CALLING ALL ACCUSED, go to PBMC (Pretty Bad Medical Care) They will hire you. I was accused and my license suspended for taking Demerol, after my appeal I got a job. I come to find out about 1/3 of the staff are "retreads".
wordygurdy

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

Ca RN also Blackballed wrote:
... and we also deal with nurses that would rather look for others' errors than give quality patient care.
I hear that. Personally, I've never met a nurse who wasn't a biddy. I'm sure they're out there, but I've never seen a single one of them.
wordygurdy

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

JIL wrote:
...PEOPLE WITH DRUG ADDICTIONS ARE NOT CRIMINALS. THERE IS A WAY TO HELP AND THAT IS NOT BY MAKING THEM GO TO JAIL...
Well, I don't know who this screamer is, but she's wrong on all points. A) People with drug addictions usually BECOME criminals in order to support their expensive habits, especially when they have easy access to the candy store; 2) You can't fix people who don't actively choose to get better; and D) if they have committed a crime, there is nothing so special about them that they deserve special consideration and not be required to pay their debt to society like anybody else. Let them have their unwanted drug treatment in the hoosegow.
wordygurdy

Center Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

AUDACITY wrote:
<quoted text>ANOTHER SCREAMER HERE. ACTUALLY, I AM JUST TOO LAZY TO HIT THE SHIFT BUTTON, SO SUE ME.
A)NOT TRUE. I AM A NICOTINE ADDICT AND I GO TO A PAYING JOB MONDAY THRU FRIDAY. I DO NOT STEAL EVEN THOUGH THE PRICE OF CIGS HAS RISEN...
2)TOO TRUE...
AND D) I AGREE.
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!
Well, I won't try to sue you, but capslock addicts, while not criminals, are annoying. The difference between nicotine addicts & all of the other substance abusers out there - including the legal one; alcohol - is that you don't smoke cigarettes to alter your perception, escape reality, numb real or imagined pain. You are not altering your personality and thought process. You are not per se dangerous drivers. You are not docile one minute & violent the next. All of these statements presuppose that you are not initially some kind of nut-case.
wowowow

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

Mitch wrote:
CALLING ALL ACCUSED, go to PBMC (Pretty Bad Medical Care) They will hire you. I was accused and my license suspended for taking Demerol, after my appeal I got a job. I come to find out about 1/3 of the staff are "retreads".
Where is pbmc locqated, Mitch??
Ca RN

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

As I see it, the major problem seems to be that it is virtually impossible to gain employment to finish the probation conditions in this state. After all the restitution is made, classes and whatever else they deem you to do,(guilty or not), Risk Management sticks their noses in and smashes any hope of fulfilling the nurse back to the land of employment. The only trick is NOT to quit or let them fire you ... hang on to the job you had at the time of the accusation if possible. If that is not possible, volunteer work for causes such as Red Cross. You are a good person with a calling. Don't give up, keep trying!
RuFuss PRN

Middle Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

Nursing what a joke. They eat their young and sacrifice their coworkers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of50
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••