Long Beach man who Tasered wife gets ...

Long Beach man who Tasered wife gets 3 years in prison

There are 44 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Jul 9, 2010, titled Long Beach man who Tasered wife gets 3 years in prison. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

A 38-year-old Long Beach man convicted on seven counts of domestic violence for shocking his wife with a Taser and lighting her hair on fire was sentenced to three years in prison Friday, though he will likely be free by the end of the year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Whendee

Yeagertown, PA

#40 Jul 10, 2010
Monster!!!!! John Pohl????
Aimforthehead

Whittier, CA

#41 Jul 10, 2010
Did anyone happen to get a picture of the lady with her hair on fire?

I'd like to see what that looks like.

I'm willing to pay for extra prints.
Moral Relativist

Hilmar, CA

#42 Jul 10, 2010
I don't care how much your wife was banging around, it is a cold calculating act to arm your Taser and blast someone you love. I would have given him a much stiffer sentence.
LawNOrder

North Hollywood, CA

#43 Jul 10, 2010
Nothing difficult about this, give him as much jail time as the law dictates and let his family disappear. Sadly, the next time he finds his ex-wife, he may just kill her outright and she as a human being deserves the ultimate in protection.
Rudy Solis

United States

#44 Jul 11, 2010
There is basically, no punishment for Cha cha.
This man deserve a longer jail term .Please!
Aimforthehead

Downey, CA

#47 Jul 11, 2010
Linda Ann wrote:
I am so sad to hear Cha is jailed. I knew him in college. He was a good person, a kind man. He really cared about his friends, people. He got along with everyone. I also knew his wife too. She was a very disturbed person. She carries a mad dog face with her on campus as I remembered. I don't believe that he did all of these things to her. The best to Cha! I will pray that he will have better luck in the future!
Do you have any pictures of her with her "mad dog face"? I'd love to buy one.

Especially if her hair is on fire. Way cool...
Croak

Montebello, CA

#48 Jul 11, 2010
Anna Nugyen wrote:
In the story To Kill a Mockingbird Mr. Robinson is clearly the "Mocking Bird". He is a good man who has never harmed anyone and is figuratively and literally shot by society because of prejudice. The jurors sentence him to death not because he did anything wrong but because of prejudice. He is then later shot for trying to escape this unjust ruling. Mr. Robinson just like a mockingbird is shot for no reason at all.
Woah, talk about an obscure literary reference. Most of us are forced to read TKAM in Grade 7 and we haven't read it since. You'll have to explain yourself a little better.

Btw, this is the 50th anniversary of book's publication. It was Harper Lee's first and only book, she probably figured she could never top it.
Croak

San Jose, CA

#56 Jul 13, 2010
@A Friend

Isn't there a recording of Cha tasing his wife? How do you explain that?
A friend viewer

Clovis, CA

#60 Jul 13, 2010
Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know it's Cha? It was all set up by her, using Jose to play it all. So, they can have a great time together. If you know her, she will use you too.
I agree with you Mr. Johnson. Like take Charles' quote : Instead to ask for divorce you want to set up your husband and make sure he stay the rest of his life in Jail . Like she knows she is recording, she made him mad and provoke him before recording and she is overacting to make it even worse.What a evil mind.

This is exactly what she did!
Johnson

Sherman Oaks, CA

#62 Jul 13, 2010
This is a case that we all should learn from. Do not cheat, I repeat, Do not cheat and do not abuse....Life is too short. 2012 is coming. Love
what you have in front of you. Make it the best.
Have some peace in everyone's heart.
Croak

Montebello, CA

#64 Jul 13, 2010
Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know it's Cha?
He admitted it, no? He's a security guard, that why he has access to a Taser.
A friend viewer

Clovis, CA

#65 Jul 14, 2010
Nevermind.
ShadowStriker

Santa Ana, CA

#66 Jul 15, 2010
Poor Mr. Cha. All my condolacent goes to Mr. Cha. A cheating wife will always be a cheating wife. As bad as domestic violence can be, i can not blame Mr. Cha for doing the things he did to his cheating wife. His wife provoked such abusive behavior. If his wife can think about having another man BANG her, then she should have no problem when her husband "BANGS" her, so to speak. People just dont' understand how hurtful, disturbing, psychological it can take on another person when cheating is in play. Cheating is like the ignition that will make a "bomb" explode...
Joel

Clovis, CA

#67 Jul 16, 2010
GRANNYJ wrote:
SOMEONE NEEDS TO KILL THE **** BEFORE HE KILLS HER........WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT HE WILL DO AS SOON AS HE IS RELEASED FROM JAIL.
REMEMBER A FEW MONTHS AGO....A WOMAN/WIFE, HAD THE RESRAINING ORDER....HER ABUSER GOT OUT OF JAIL......1/2 HOUR LATER HE KILLED HER ON THE SIDEWALK IN FRONT OF HER HOUSE.......
MEN ARE JUST NUTS.
Looks like you could also use some jail time with your violent thoughts and comments. People like you can be a murderer. You must believe everything you read written in the Press. Educate yourself!
Melee

Long Beach, CA

#69 Nov 9, 2010
All you people need to stop talking shit. There's two sides of the story. The "wife" is not so perfect herself. She's a crazy lunatic. Plays the victim card real well.
David Fryer

Moscow, ID

#70 Nov 11, 2010
This does not sound like the Cha Su that I used to know. I hope that he gets the help that he needs. Those of you advocating violence against him need to grow up and realize that you are part of the problem. Bullying is bullying, whether it is domestic violence or spouting off hatred on a comment page on the internet.

Since: Mar 08

Whittier, CA

#71 Nov 12, 2010
Melee wrote:
All you people need to stop talking shit. There's two sides of the story. The "wife" is not so perfect herself. She's a crazy lunatic. Plays the victim card real well.
Yeh - right

and all women are the reason men rape them.

Get a life you ignroant stupid idiot.
Bihn Ishimoto

United States

#72 Nov 12, 2010
Well, I met Cha at Poly and later bumped into him when he attended Harbor and LBCC. I would see his crazy wife on the campuses and he would tell us all the time how he went through a lot of mess with her, so we always told him that he should leave her before he loses his mind. Unfortunately, it seems as though this happened and now he's in state prison. Now, he has no freedom. Hell, he may be losing his mind even more in prison, especially fighting off all the mess that he has to deal with like the inmates. I used to work in law enforcement, and I know that they through the book at him when it comes to DV. Now when he gets out, he will obviously have to get a divorce (in CA which is a woman's state),possibly lose custody of his kids or have to maintain supervised rights with them (strict guidelines), wear an ankle braclet, follow what his parole officer tells him to do, can't leave the county/city/state/country, can't vote, can't every own a gun again, can't ever work in law enforcement/security again, and will have a very hard time finding work in this down economy. Again, I'm not advocating DV, I'm just saying that people do get themselves into tight situations when they choose to stay with someone that never really loved them in the first place.
Lil Rich

Surfside, CA

#74 Nov 19, 2010
The way she is, hope Cha's family will fight custody for Cha's twins before her kids be the one that is killed since she is not capable of looking after her kids since she leaves them alone in the house and how old were they when she started doing that, I don't know, 7, 8 years old, maybe. Now she is the one that needs to be in jail and all of this should have not happen. The kids should come forward and tell the court how many times Mom have left them all alone when they were at a young age to be left alone without a gardian..... As for her becoming a Nurse, I would revoke her from her lisence since she is not capable of taking care of an elderly or anyone in that matter.......
Why

Los Gatos, CA

#75 Nov 19, 2010
Why such a light sentence for a serious crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Victims 'told not to report' Jehovah's Witness ... 31 min Zildjian 8
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 1 hr Trump is a joke 1,147
News Republicans begin pushing tax cut bill through ... 3 hr Irish Citixen 99
News Mainers set to vote on whether to expand Medicaid 6 hr BHM5267 13
News Former deputy charged in domestic incident - 7:... (Nov '16) 21 hr gchsemployee 13
News Massena woman third to plead guilty in August s... Sun smoke pills everyday 1
News Mills Accepts Plea in Child Abuse Case Sun frilled2b 1
More from around the web