GOP spin on premium hikes

GOP spin on premium hikes

There are 51 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 8, 2013, titled GOP spin on premium hikes. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

"He [President Obama] said 2,500 bucks on average per family lower cost. The Congressional Budget Office, nonpartisan group, says, no, it's about 2,100 bucks more per family for individual coverage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Gary

Bellingham, WA

#24 Nov 8, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
Obama 'mispoke' about Obamacare and Hillary 'mispoke' about having to run through sniper fire.
Neither one can be trusted !!
Thank God Bush never "mispoke."
He just outright lied about everything (squint, smirk, sneer).
Him and Cheney.
And Cheney's daughter.
And Rummy: "We know where they are."
ICE

Medora, IN

#25 Nov 8, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God Bush never "mispoke."
He just outright lied about everything (squint, smirk, sneer).
Him and Cheney.
And Cheney's daughter.
And Rummy: "We know where they are."
You goofy liberals Bush ain't president, as much as you compare him to Obama I'm beginning to think admire him.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#26 Nov 8, 2013
You should not if you feel it's unsafe or doesn't meet your need, there's always the option to consult with your current insurance agent and purchase health care insurance through them instead of shopping in the Market Exchange of your State.

That's not a complicated process yet it escapes most people on this site which is further evidence that none of you complaining had insurance and have any understanding of the issue of consumers continued in being dropped by Insurers and, or insurers manipulating their coverages with higher prices.

That has been the standard operating procedure of Insurance companies selling Health Care Coverage the last 15 years.
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
So, somehow this justifies the lies told by this administration? Understand this Eric. Until the ACA failure is fixed, nobody in their right mind would enter the exchanges, nor apply directly to ANY of the insurance providers. If this administration has changed the rules on the alleged grandfathered policies, what's to stop them from having policies cancelled that people are acquiring on their own? Face it and finally admit it, Odumbo f-cked up!!! This law should have never been signed in. If the politicians wanted to "repair" the insurance and healthcare system, they could have done it through regulations. Just like regulations placed on airlines and utility companies. The FDA regulates medicines. That isn't price fixing as you had claimed, it's REGULATION!! But, there is no investments to be made in regulations, but there is in mandated laws.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#27 Nov 8, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Based on the comments here It's evident that some of you haven't bothered to read the attached article. That's similar to those complaining about the policy changes and price increases who had never read the attached declaration pages to those sham Insurance plans they're now freaking out about.
It's clear to anyone who has actually had good insurance coverage that those complaining now about increases and drops never had coverage before, and definitely not coverage in the individual market.
If you had coverage in either the group market through an employer or association, or you purchased a policy on the individual market, you would have experienced the same premium increases and drops on an annual basis, increases averaging 15% and higher was common over the last 15 years.
This is an article about the ramifications of Obamacare. You don't have to read it to know what's in it.
drink The hive

Matawan, NJ

#28 Nov 8, 2013
U Should Read: "Illusions" By Richard Bach...

http://just-in-art.com/wp-content/uploads/201...
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#31 Nov 9, 2013
Nikkei-225 must be 150,000-Yen now!
When Japan raises its consumption-tax-rate, Nikkei-225 must be 300,000-Yen in order to cancel out the effect of Japan's rising consumption-tax-rate.

Japan's, Germany's, Chiina's, Taiwan's and South-Korea's stock-prices must be 10-times as high as their current-stock-prices now!
Japan, Germany, Chiina, Taiwan and South-Korea must loosen their monetary-polcies now!
Japan, Germany, Chiina, Taiwan and South-Korea must expand their domestic-demands now!
Japan, Germany, Chiina, Taiwan and South-Korea must be competitive-societies now!
Japan's, Germany's, Chiina's, Taiwan's and South-Korea's economies must move from manufacturing-bases more towards service-bases now
Japan, Germany, Chiina, Taiwan and South-Korea must make a shift from manufacturing to the service-industries in Japan, Germany, Chiina, Taiwan and South-Korea now!
Ecnomic-bubbles must occur in Japan, China, Germany, Taiwan and South-Korea now!

Occupy Wall Street!
We Americans need “Occupy Wall Street” only in the U.S. only for Americans now!

American-stock-prices must crash now!
Dow must be $3,000 and S&P must be 300 now!
American-bond-prices must crash now!
The U.S. must tighten its monetary-policy now!
The U.S. must contract its domestic-demand now!
Economic-bubble of the U.S. must crash now!
Economic-growth-rate of the U.S. must be lower than economic-growth-rates of Japan, China, Taiwan, Sotuh-Korea and Germany now!

The U.S. must take Monroe-Doctrine now!
The U.S. must withdraw its American-Forces from Japan, South-Korea, Singapore, Asia, Germnay, British, Italy, Europe, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq now!
The U.S. must withdraw its American-Forces now from all the wars in which the U.S. now involves.
The U.S. must decrease its military-budget to $100-billion per year now!
Or, the U.S. must decrease its military-budget to 1% of its GDP per year now!

The U.S. must have Universal-Health-Care only in the U.S. only among Americans now!
The U.S. must decrease the gap between the rich and the poor only in the U.S. only among Americans now!
The U.S. must revive Labor-Unions only in the U.S. only among Americans now!
The U.S. must revive antitrust-law only in the U.S. only for Americans now!
Minimum-wage of Americans must be $70,000 per person per year now!
Jobless-rate of the U.S. must be 2% now!

The U.S. must revive American-Heavy-Industry only in the U.S. only for Ameriocans now!
The U.S. must be the world's factory now!
The U.S. must fill the world with Made-in-U.S.A.-products now!
The U.S. must have 5-trillion-dollar-current-acco unt-surplus per year and 5-trillion-dollar-trade-surplu s per year now!
The U.S. must be the largest-creditor-nation in the world ever in world-history now!
Americna-makers and the U.S. must monopolizeall the markets all over the world now!

Japan-China war, Japan-Russia war, Japan-S.Korea war, Japan-N.Korea war, Asian war, Korean war, Sino-Vietnamese war, Sino-Russia war, Sino-Indian war, Indo-Pakistani war, China-Malaysia war, China-Indonesia war,
Chechen war, South Ossetia war, Tibetan Independence war, Uyghur (Xinjiang) Independence war,
European war, Balkan war, Falklands war, Northern Ireland Independence war, Germany-Russia war, British-Russia war, British-Spain war,
must begin now!

The U.S. must not involve in these wars.
The U.S. must make cars, ships, steel, airplanes, PCs and home-electric-appliances, etc. in the U.S.,
and the U.S. must export those cars, ships, steel, airplanes, PCs and home-electric-appliances, etc. from the U.S. to the world now!

Remember Pearl Harbor!
Finally, Japan will be destroyed!
Japan, Germany, China, Taiwan, South-Korea and Russia are evil-fascism-communism-empires !
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#32 Nov 9, 2013
Wars, natural-disasters, earth-quakes and nuclear-powree-plant-disasters must occur in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany and China now!
Wars, natural-disasters, earth-quakes and nuclear-powree-plant-disasters in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany and China can cause reconstruction-demands in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany and China!
So, Wars, natural-disasters, earth-quakes and nuclear-powree-plant-disasters in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany and China can increase domestic-demands in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany and China!

Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany, British and Italy must protect Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, Germany, British and Italy by themselves!
Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan and Germany must increase their military-budgets and military-forces now!

I love the U.S.!
I love Americans!
We are Americans!
ICE

Medora, IN

#34 Nov 10, 2013
Balony wrote:
God damnit won't anyone listen to little ric gustafson? The fcker's been parroting straight from the WH for some time now. He's on the payroll to do damage control on the blatant lies the subversive clown barry told to get the unaffordable care act passed in congress. Yall are all racist fckers if you don't start listening to the crap he says all day long.
I skip most of these liberals posts, they all sound alike, Same old lies, you have "woodtick 57 states" claiming to be a conservative, the "fraud marine Pat"who has played way too many war games on his XBOX and now thinks he is a "real" marine, "we the "gay" sheeple" who claims to be retired from the military and is married to a man, conman shitola who is the pervert of topix.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#38 Nov 11, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
You should not if you feel it's unsafe or doesn't meet your need, there's always the option to consult with your current insurance agent and purchase health care insurance through them instead of shopping in the Market Exchange of your State.
That's not a complicated process yet it escapes most people on this site which is further evidence that none of you complaining had insurance and have any understanding of the issue of consumers continued in being dropped by Insurers and, or insurers manipulating their coverages with higher prices.
That has been the standard operating procedure of Insurance companies selling Health Care Coverage the last 15 years.
<quoted text>
You didn't address any of my statements at all Eric. I doubt that the insurance companies issued a landslide of cancellations in previous years as they have since Odumbocare was "launched". Cut the crap, Eric. You know that there are no guarantees whatsoever with this ACA mandate. Bloody hell, even the "promises" spewed form Obungler's very own piehole have turned out to be BS. Quit with the ACA defense, it's quite pathetic.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#39 Nov 11, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't address any of my statements at all Eric. I doubt that the insurance companies issued a landslide of cancellations in previous years as they have since Odumbocare was "launched". Cut the crap, Eric. You know that there are no guarantees whatsoever with this ACA mandate. Bloody hell, even the "promises" spewed form Obungler's very own piehole have turned out to be BS. Quit with the ACA defense, it's quite pathetic.


The Insurance companies in America issued millions of cancellations annually, this is not a new phenomenon for anyone in the individual market, and if you were in the group market premiums rising was consistent over the last 15 years.....

However, the drama that is unfolding is really more simple and rather sad. The inability to read and comprehend is the crux of this problem.

People who purchased Health Care Insurance policies after the March 2010 signing of the law could not have believed those plans could be Grandfathered and protected by a law that was signed on March 29, 2010 unless they have a reading deficiency and understanding of basic sales receipts contract language.

Flatly they lack the intelligence to shop by themselves and interpret general sales contract terms.

This is all it comes down too.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#40 Nov 11, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Insurance companies in America issued millions of cancellations annually, this is not a new phenomenon for anyone in the individual market, and if you were in the group market premiums rising was consistent over the last 15 years.....
However, the drama that is unfolding is really more simple and rather sad. The inability to read and comprehend is the crux of this problem.
People who purchased Health Care Insurance policies after the March 2010 signing of the law could not have believed those plans could be Grandfathered and protected by a law that was signed on March 29, 2010 unless they have a reading deficiency and understanding of basic sales receipts contract language.
Flatly they lack the intelligence to shop by themselves and interpret general sales contract terms.
This is all it comes down too.
Nothing simple about it, Eric. The "alleged" grandfathered policies are not grandfathered at all if they changed even the smallest detail. This is the biggest scam in the history of this country and you know it.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#41 Nov 11, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing simple about it, Eric. The "alleged" grandfathered policies are not grandfathered at all if they changed even the smallest detail. This is the biggest scam in the history of this country and you know it.
Grandfathered, is grandfathered, if it's an insurance policy or a building inspection for ongoing work in a structure.

The crux of Grandfathered is no alterations or additions from the existing form, period.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#42 Nov 11, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Grandfathered, is grandfathered, if it's an insurance policy or a building inspection for ongoing work in a structure.
The crux of Grandfathered is no alterations or additions from the existing form, period.
If the fox wasn't in charge of the hen house, this would be acceptable. But, since Odumbo is in bed with the insurance companies, NOT SO MUCH!
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#43 Nov 11, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
If the fox wasn't in charge of the hen house, this would be acceptable. But, since Odumbo is in bed with the insurance companies, NOT SO MUCH!
This reply does nothing to change the common term of Grandfathered in a basic sales receipt, insurance declaration page or sales contract.

Any consumer who has knowledge at the simplest level of purchasing is aware of the term, why aren't you guys?

This is not a complicated matter, well not for most Americans.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#44 Nov 11, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
This reply does nothing to change the common term of Grandfathered in a basic sales receipt, insurance declaration page or sales contract.
Any consumer who has knowledge at the simplest level of purchasing is aware of the term, why aren't you guys?
This is not a complicated matter, well not for most Americans.
All the more reason for regulation, not a law that supports borderline fraud through it's very inception. I know you are involved in the insurance industry. Insurance agents always justify the means to support the end. Kinda disgusting, actually, Eric. Have you no shame?
CBOW

Dover, PA

#45 Nov 12, 2013
Medicaid is health overhaul's early success story....DUH! The hell it is! The states that chose to run their own exchanges are having more signing up for Medicaid...healthcare welfare. Now who do you suppose will pick up the tab for this increased revenue need? THAT'S RIGHT, the working class taxpayer. Nice job Odumbo, you managed to screw the working class again!!!
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#46 Nov 12, 2013
CBOW wrote:
Medicaid is health overhaul's early success story....DUH! The hell it is! The states that chose to run their own exchanges are having more signing up for Medicaid...healthcare welfare. Now who do you suppose will pick up the tab for this increased revenue need? THAT'S RIGHT, the working class taxpayer. Nice job Odumbo, you managed to screw the working class again!!!
We've been paying for them since 65 in overcharges in our Health Care insurance premiums.

However this speaks directly to the paltry wage scales throughout America that so many workers can not afford to purchase Health Care and qualify for medicaid on their earnings.

It's a simple matter of economics.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#47 Nov 12, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been paying for them since 65 in overcharges in our Health Care insurance premiums.
However this speaks directly to the paltry wage scales throughout America that so many workers can not afford to purchase Health Care and qualify for medicaid on their earnings.
It's a simple matter of economics.
Which goes back to what I have been saying all along. REGULATE the insurance industry. My God, is it really necessary to have the gubmint attempting to run our healthcare? Haven't we seen how screwed up businesses become when gubmint is in charge? Look at Amtrak. You talk about paltry wage increases, look to gubmint tax increases and creations. Sneaky taxes than run the cost of goods and services up on businesses so they can pass all that along to the consumer. This ACA nonsense is another way to pass along the cost of those who don't pay to those who do, if you believe it's anything more than that, you're sorely mistaken. The gubmint doesn't give a damn about your health. They simply want to control you and everyone else who uses the system.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#48 Nov 12, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Which goes back to what I have been saying all along. REGULATE the insurance industry. My God, is it really necessary to have the gubmint attempting to run our healthcare? Haven't we seen how screwed up businesses become when gubmint is in charge? Look at Amtrak. You talk about paltry wage increases, look to gubmint tax increases and creations. Sneaky taxes than run the cost of goods and services up on businesses so they can pass all that along to the consumer. This ACA nonsense is another way to pass along the cost of those who don't pay to those who do, if you believe it's anything more than that, you're sorely mistaken. The gubmint doesn't give a damn about your health. They simply want to control you and everyone else who uses the system.
Sucks to be you. hahahahahahahahaha
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#49 Nov 12, 2013
Taxes in America on everybody has not been so low before in your lifetime...George Bush imposed historic tax cuts, and those cuts and policies still remain.

What Federal taxes have risen in the last 12 years? That's primarily the reason America went from Surpluses under Clinton to record Budget Deficits under Bush.

You're arguing something that it's obvious you know nothing about.
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Which goes back to what I have been saying all along. REGULATE the insurance industry. My God, is it really necessary to have the gubmint attempting to run our healthcare? Haven't we seen how screwed up businesses become when gubmint is in charge? Look at Amtrak. You talk about paltry wage increases, look to gubmint tax increases and creations. Sneaky taxes than run the cost of goods and services up on businesses so they can pass all that along to the consumer. This ACA nonsense is another way to pass along the cost of those who don't pay to those who do, if you believe it's anything more than that, you're sorely mistaken. The gubmint doesn't give a damn about your health. They simply want to control you and everyone else who uses the system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Terre Haute facing third lawsuit claiming haras... 15 min Harry Potter 2
News Duke Approves - Safe Space' For Illegal Immigrants (Dec '16) 2 hr Nazis for Trump 20
News US court rules Arkansas can block Planned Paren... 2 hr Red Crosse 13
News Being aware of fraud is the first step to avoid... 3 hr KING OF KINGS 7
News 'Let 1994 go': Simpson case's racial symbolism ... 4 hr more on popo pedos 17
News Attorney: Officer hit Christian Redwine 11 time... 4 hr Spud 1
News Foodlink creating recipe for jobs 10 hr KarenI 2
More from around the web