Obama sharply critical of Republican ...

Obama sharply critical of Republican opponents of healthcare law

There are 894 comments on the Reuters story from Sep 26, 2013, titled Obama sharply critical of Republican opponents of healthcare law. In it, Reuters reports that:

President Barack Obama lashed out at Republican opponents of the healthcare law he pioneered on Thursday ahead of a key deadline for enrollment and vowed that he would stop attempts to get the program bogged down in an ongoing budget stalemate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#857 Oct 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
the OBozocare law falls squarely on Odumbo's shoulders. His great triumph, or his resounding failure?
You are right, bowbow, ACA will fall squarely on this President. Is that what you guys are so scared of when it proves to be successful?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#858 Oct 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
As I noted then, he accused the GOP seven times of demanding a “ransom,” and of “extortion,” of threatening to “blow the whole thing up” and “burn down your house.” He called them “ideological extremists,” knocked the “Tea Party’s extremist agenda” and said they were prepared to “cause a recession.”
Sounds like this President was agreeing with members of the press, the republicants and regular folks too. So?
Cat74

United States

#859 Oct 22, 2013
We have ben working on the Roll Out of Obamacare for over 3 weeks, and it is a total disaster. When do you think it will turn out well for the President, and his Democrats? 2014? 2016? Don't bet on it. They don't even know exactly what is wrong, but one thing is for sure, they knew there was something wrong long before they dragged it out. That is disgraceful.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#860 Oct 23, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
We have ben working on the Roll Out of Obamacare for over 3 weeks, and it is a total disaster. When do you think it will turn out well for the President, and his Democrats? 2014? 2016? Don't bet on it. They don't even know exactly what is wrong, but one thing is for sure, they knew there was something wrong long before they dragged it out. That is disgraceful.
They are so stupid they didn't even beta test it for functionality or accuracy. Typical academic clowns.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#861 Oct 23, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
We have ben working on the Roll Out of Obamacare for over 3 weeks, and it is a total disaster. When do you think it will turn out well for the President, and his Democrats? 2014? 2016? Don't bet on it. They don't even know exactly what is wrong, but one thing is for sure, they knew there was something wrong long before they dragged it out. That is disgraceful.
We? You over-estimated your importance. How's that trying to drive from the backseat workin' out for ya?

LMAO.
LeannS

Pittsburgh, PA

#862 Oct 23, 2013
LoLbama wrote:
The IRS seems to be taking Obamacare well.
U.S. IRS struggles to track its 'Obamacare' spending: watchdog
(Reuters)- The U.S. Internal Revenue Service needs to do a better job tracking its spending related to President Barack Obama's new healthcare law, an IRS watchdog said on Wednesday.
With Congress debating whether to take funding away from the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration said in an audit that the IRS failed to account for some of the agency's spending to implement the law.
Federal agencies must report their spending so there is an accurate measure of the full cost of government programs.
The IRS did not report $67 million in costs the agency incurred for employees who were working on the healthcare law for fiscal 2010 through 2012, the report said.
The money was part of $488 million the IRS tapped from a special fund the agency was using to implement Obamacare.
"Funding related to direct labor were sometimes inaccurate and not always substantiated by reliable supporting documentation," TIGTA said.
Funny you should mention this. They haven't fully tracked the 16-day government shutdown yet either, but the last estimate was around $24 BILLION dollars.$67 million going toward the good health of the American people, or $24 BILLION just wasted on political optics. It's my money too, and it seems like a no-brainer choice to me.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Suffolk, VA

#863 Oct 23, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
We? You over-estimated your importance. How's that trying to drive from the backseat workin' out for ya?
LMAO.
"We" refers to tax payer monies that went to another country to build this piece of crap.
Here, Jon Stewart says it so much better:
CBOW

Dover, PA

#864 Oct 23, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, bowbow, ACA will fall squarely on this President. Is that what you guys are so scared of when it proves to be successful?
(CBS News) CBS News has uncovered a serious pricing problem with HealthCare.gov . It stems from the Obama administration's efforts to improve its health care website. A new online feature can dramatically underestimate the cost of insurance.

The administration announced it would provide a new "shop and browse" feature Sunday, but it's not giving consumers the real picture. In some cases, people could end up paying double of what they see on the website, CBS News' Jan Crawford reported Wednesday on "CBS This Morning." Not seeing anything but failure.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#865 Oct 23, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>(CBS News) CBS News has uncovered a serious pricing problem with HealthCare.gov . It stems from the Obama administration's efforts to improve its health care website. A new online feature can dramatically underestimate the cost of insurance.

The administration announced it would provide a new "shop and browse" feature Sunday, but it's not giving consumers the real picture. In some cases, people could end up paying double of what they see on the website, CBS News' Jan Crawford reported Wednesday on "CBS This Morning." Not seeing anything but failure.
If odoodle and company would have given every tax payer $200,000 instead of the stimulus to banks and unions, we would have jobs, a booming economy, many new cars made and sold, mortgages paid off and credit cards paid off. He would have even bought more votes instead of splitting the country down the middle.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#866 Oct 23, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
If odoodle and company would have given every tax payer $200,000 instead of the stimulus to banks and unions, we would have jobs, a booming economy, many new cars made and sold, mortgages paid off and credit cards paid off. He would have even bought more votes instead of splitting the country down the middle.
That's the key. The gubmint didn't want us to become independent from debt. They NEED us to be in debt. It's what makes the world go around. Odumbo gave more money to the top 1% er's in the form of increased debt for them to invest in. Ever wonder who the shareholders are for Master, Visa, Discover, Am Ex? Why, they ARE the 1%ers. And Odumbo bailed out every bank that carries them. They didn't lose with defaults, THEY MADE money from it. It's pretty sick when a small group profits from so much misery.
Cat74

United States

#867 Oct 29, 2013
Everyone knew Obama was lying when he said Americans could keep their insurance, and Doctor, everyone except his lo info voters that went off and re elected the liar in Chief.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#868 Oct 30, 2013
These hearings are an encore of just how obnoxious and partisan, the republican's in Congress are.....SEE WHAT TRUE ASSH*LES THEY ARE....tune in to the bullys....
CBOW

Dover, PA

#869 Oct 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
These hearings are an encore of just how obnoxious and partisan, the republican's in Congress are.....SEE WHAT TRUE ASSH*LES THEY ARE....tune in to the bullys....
So you're okay with the failed rollout? You're okay with several million losing their coverage because of this debacle? Wow, you are so pathetic.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Suffolk, VA

#870 Oct 30, 2013
Dems love freedom of choice.
You just can't keep your doctors or your insurance but you can CHOOSE different healthcare plans that makes you choose a new doctor and higher premiums.
Pro-choice, baby!
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#871 Oct 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
These hearings are an encore of just how obnoxious and partisan, the republican's in Congress are.....SEE WHAT TRUE ASSH*LES THEY ARE....tune in to the bullys....
Most "PROfessional" politicians turn into drama queens at hearings for votes. It's theatre including the use of props which this administration loves.

They shouldn't waste time trying to show off for the voters attempting to stand up to the man. A project like this required a lot of delegation and/or progress reports/meetings. What was in those reports and what information was used or ignored. Same for the formulation of the 900 page bill and 9000 pages of regulations for the ACA. WHO wrote them, who sponsored them, who said ok put them in the bill.
Cat74

United States

#872 Nov 14, 2013
This is what happens when people are elected because they are a color rather then people who have working brain cells. This law was enacted 3 years ago without one Republican vote. Not one. They knew it was an Affirmative
Action debacle, and would fold under it's own weight. I wouldn't put my name on it either. Now the Democrats, and the President look oh so stupid, and thy are all on the run,

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#873 Nov 14, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
<quoted text>
Most "PROfessional" politicians turn into drama queens at hearings for votes. It's theatre including the use of props which this administration loves.
They shouldn't waste time trying to show off for the voters attempting to stand up to the man. A project like this required a lot of delegation and/or progress reports/meetings. What was in those reports and what information was used or ignored. Same for the formulation of the 900 page bill and 9000 pages of regulations for the ACA. WHO wrote them, who sponsored them, who said ok put them in the bill.
You know...i am still waiting to see the Republican Healthcare program....ANYONE SEEN THEIR PLAN????

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#874 Nov 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> You know...i am still waiting to see the Republican Healthcare program....ANYONE SEEN THEIR PLAN????
yes, I have...their plan, which I like, is.....I buy mine, you buy yours....end of plan
Dan Salazar

AOL

#875 Nov 14, 2013
So Sad for Millions of Democrats who trusted him. BHO is getting desparate.
Any parent who has had a 9 year old knows that after being caught in Lies the Liar always tries to point the finger at others.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#876 Nov 14, 2013
Socialism is for Sissies wrote:
Dems love freedom of choice.
You just can't keep your doctors or your insurance but you can CHOOSE different healthcare plans that makes you choose a new doctor and higher premiums.
Pro-choice, baby!
I think that's the same way they use choice for abortion arguments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Diane Dimond: Still No Justice for JonBenet Ram... (Dec '16) 24 min Texxy 185
News Trump to halt subsidies to health insurers 41 min bottlecap 382
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 1 hr old_moose 407
News Social Security: Social Security announces 2.0 ... 1 hr USA 6
News Jury Selection To Begin For Man Accused Of Murd... 2 hr jgg 1
News Why TV is obsessed with the JonBenet Ramsey mur... (Aug '16) 3 hr cadescove99 12
News Should a disability affect who gets organ trans... 4 hr POPS 1
More from around the web