Elk River pastor charged

Elk River pastor charged

There are 1606 comments on the Star News - Home story from Jan 14, 2011, titled Elk River pastor charged. In it, Star News - Home reports that:

The Rev. William Neal Matthews, the pastor of Solid Rock Church and World Outreach Center, allegedly transferred money out of his mother-in-law's account while acting as the 94-year-old woman's power of attorney, according to a criminal complaint filed Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star News - Home.

unbelievable

South Saint Paul, MN

#1530 Sep 7, 2013
It's so sad how much their deceitful preaching affects others. Anybody is allowed to divorce, marry, cheat, steal...anything they say God told them to do! Lost my entire family because of them. Now, granted..my life is so much better now with all the BS out of my life, but the loss of my children...I'll never forgive that! To justify members cheating on their spouses, just to keep the dwindling tithe and seed coming in? Separating families to get the ones who question the goings on there? Bad Bill could sleep with his own daughters and nobody would say anything about it! Wow...what a bunch of deceived sheep!
Sewage

Elk River, MN

#1531 Sep 7, 2013
Hmmm, so Billy Bob Matthews says closing costs for refinancing would be about $25,000. For years he has been telling the deceived there that the "mortgage" on the church is about $200,000 give or take a few thousand. He has taken many 'offerings'(usually asking each family for $1000) over the years to help "pay down the mortgage" Funny but not, the mortgage amount NEVER goes down. And $25,000 to refinance a $200,000 mortgage?? There'll be some pocket change there left over for Billy Bob no doubt. No one except Billy Bob even knows IF there is a 'mortgage'. The truth is never told at SRC..It's just something sociopaths never do
former follower

Bettendorf, IA

#1532 Sep 20, 2013
unbelievable wrote:
It's so sad how much their deceitful preaching affects others. Anybody is allowed to divorce, marry, cheat, steal...anything they say God told them to do!.......Bad Bill could sleep with his own daughters and nobody would say anything about it! Wow...what a bunch of deceived sheep!
Of course God tells them to do these things. Steal his son's wife, sleeping with her while his wife is in the next room dieing. Of course that is from God. But not the God I serve, it is from the self righteous God in the head of these egotistical self rightious charlatons. Hopefully Bill's daughters have more moral character than he does, but would not be surprised if he did not attempt to seduce them as well.
oldtimer

Portland, OR

#1533 Sep 20, 2013
former follower wrote:
<quoted text> Of course God tells them to do these things. Steal his son's wife, sleeping with her while his wife is in the next room dieing. Of course that is from God. But not the God I serve, it is from the self righteous God in the head of these egotistical self rightious charlatons. Hopefully Bill's daughters have more moral character than he does, but would not be surprised if he did not attempt to seduce them as well.
I don't know about that, but I do know that he was very cruel to those children. The three oldest for sure. The saddest thing was that he made Mary spank them,very hard! She was "with" him in this, but it did break her heart many times! I was forced into the same behavior with my own children, due in large part to Bill's teaching. The one difference was that my ex (never ever spanked as a child)RARELY spanked the kids, only insisted that I did. Bill, however, seemed to relish hurting those children! Creepy! I have to wonder if there is some degree of Stockholm Syndrome going on with the three older children. How much will Slick Willie get by with? Again, Creepy!!!!
Lori

Tucson, AZ

#1534 Oct 5, 2013
Hello. I have known the Hoogenbooms for many years. My concern is that Rick and Jim Hoogenboom now live together on the east side of Tucson. They work together all day long, and live together ,too. They have kidnapped Mrs. Franz's child, Joshua, not letting his mother see him. They are teaching Joshua to hate his mother and to disown her. Apparently, Rick still has all of Darlene Franz's things, furniture, etc, and Jim Hoogenboom and Rick use all of her things to furnish and decorate the bachelor pad they live in. They sure party there and have a good share of sex with some real floozies. Becky and Jim have been separated for around 3 years now. It is rumoured that Becky is divorcing Jim.

Since: Sep 11

out on the lone prairee

#1535 Oct 5, 2013
How did Hoogenboom close down CCC? What were the final days/weeks like? Was there a final scandal that sent members rushing for the door or was it a gradual death?

When I quit attending he was collecting money to put up a metal building towards the back of the parking lot. I smelled something very fishy right there and it wasn't just the rotten fish grease smell in the rafters. I suspected it would never be built and so did others but nobody would ever say anything out loud....people tended to blow off obvious unrighteousness in that place, they'd just shrug their shoulders and I'd end up looking like a divisive jerk for opening my mouth. But evidently others finally did catch on, thank God. I learned a lesson though; I now know I was disobeying God by continuing attendance there after I saw many things that weren't right, things that just shouldn't be happening in a church where Jesus is Lord; and I paid a price for staying as long as I did. Many times I left after a service feeling more burdened and troubled than I did coming in. After I finally left and was told about Jim's swinging Elk River days I understood finally why that church never seemed blessed by God; because Jim himself wasn't under God's direction to pastor anymore. Instead it was a continual struggle in the flesh to keep it going. The truly righteous people tended to stay only for a while.
former follower

Bettendorf, IA

#1536 Oct 15, 2013
The Ol Wagonmaster wrote:
How did Hoogenboom close down CCC? What were the final days/weeks like? Was there a final scandal that sent members rushing for the door or was it a gradual death?
When I quit attending he was collecting money to put up a metal building towards the back of the parking lot. I smelled something very fishy right there and it wasn't just the rotten fish grease smell in the rafters. I suspected it would never be built and so did others but nobody would ever say anything out loud....people tended to blow off obvious unrighteousness in that place, they'd just shrug their shoulders and I'd end up looking like a divisive jerk for opening my mouth. But evidently others finally did catch on, thank God. I learned a lesson though; I now know I was disobeying God by continuing attendance there after I saw many things that weren't right, things that just shouldn't be happening in a church where Jesus is Lord; and I paid a price for staying as long as I did. Many times I left after a service feeling more burdened and troubled than I did coming in. After I finally left and was told about Jim's swinging Elk River days I understood finally why that church never seemed blessed by God; because Jim himself wasn't under God's direction to pastor anymore. Instead it was a continual struggle in the flesh to keep it going. The truly righteous people tended to stay only for a while.
Seems so many of these 'men of God' have these 'callings' but there is always such a struggle in the flesh to keep it going. Of course the real burden is placed on those that are deceived and give until they have nothing else to give, some even giving all they have in retirement for their older years. Then there is no one but the government to take care of them cause they gave it all to these charlatons like Hogenboom, DuFresne, Matthews, etc. Been there, done that, don't have a shirt though...
Oops

Tucson, AZ

#1537 Oct 15, 2013
Lori wrote:
Hello. I have known the Hoogenbooms for many years. My concern is that Rick and Jim Hoogenboom now live together on the east side of Tucson. They work together all day long, and live together ,too. They have kidnapped Mrs. Franz's child, Joshua, not letting his mother see him. They are teaching Joshua to hate his mother and to disown her. Apparently, Rick still has all of Darlene Franz's things, furniture, etc, and Jim Hoogenboom and Rick use all of her things to furnish and decorate the bachelor pad they live in. They sure party there and have a good share of sex with some real floozies. Becky and Jim have been separated for around 3 years now. It is rumoured that Becky is divorcing Jim.
Did Hoogenboom go back to Indiana ?
Stubby

West Fargo, ND

#1538 Oct 17, 2013
How sick must a person be to stand up and preach in front of a large congregation that includes multiple women that you are sleeping with?

In the congregation there was Becky being the supportive pastor's wife. Also there are the 3 (maybe more?) women who you are seeing on the side. Sitting with their husbands and coming to church with their families. Then there are your daughters. All this while preaching the great power of God to overcome. Instead of fessing up and taking the cure, he ran off to Tucson(with a few obedient supporters?) and started another church.

There I was playing the part of the joyful Christian. When I left church I was on that "high" that felt so good. When it came time to be by myself things changed. Maybe part of it was coming down from that high. I judged myself for every action and every inaction. I should have done this when I had the chance, I shouldn't have done the other thing. Why doesn't God work in my life like the way Pastor Hoogenboom says he should? God seems to be working in the lives of others, why not me? There must be something wrong with me. I repented of every little hidden sin I could think of. I beat myself up mercilessly.

During this time I also learned to hold back in the presence of others. It wasn't everybody but there always seemed to be somebody around to jump down your throat if you said something that wasn't quite right. I was gripped by fear. I even saw the counseling pastor, George O'brien, during this time. He figuratively stuck a knife in my heart by violating one of the basic rules of counseling - confidentiality.

I will say that my years at ER AoG were the worst of my life and it took me many years to recover from. How many lives have been damaged by the Hoogenboom and Matthews over the years? There must be a lot of them.
Time To Tell It All

Maple Grove, MN

#1539 Oct 17, 2013
This is a great reference site on Matthews' sick stuff that will hopefully never go away along with the site below. Both sites are a reminder of the evil within the church perpetrated by men of power and supported by unrighteous people seeking their share of power or status, which was doled out by the leader to systematically gain control over people. Yet, according to Jesus, there WILL be payback for all who have scattered God's sheep.

http://www.james417.org

Great mug shot of Dr. Bill Matthews along with his criminal record found in Sherburne County, Minnesota at this link.
Time To Tell It All

Maple Grove, MN

#1540 Oct 17, 2013
Somebody needs to write the book on Matthews and his cronies. Seems like a lot of material online for a ghost writer to use. Such a book might be a best seller.
Elk River Mallard

Elk River, MN

#1541 Oct 17, 2013
I recently watched a Solid Rock service via podcast. I think Matthews is getting worse. He was doing his usual teaching on the only things that he ever teaches: prosperity, healing and the “anointing”. As usual, his teaching was not accurate to the Bible, but was all based on alleged experiences. As always, fund raising, was a big part of the message.
Like Hooganboom, he is a disgrace and people like that don’t care what anyone thinks or knows.
The sad thing is, no matter how clearly he might be exposed, there would still be people who would be willing to follow him, just like with Hoogenboom.
guess what

Birmingham, AL

#1542 Oct 18, 2013
Ed Dufresne & his long-time right hand man have died in a plane crash in Kansas.
Time To Tell It All

Maple Grove, MN

#1543 Oct 18, 2013
Sad

Elk River, MN

#1544 Oct 18, 2013
Although I didn't approve of Ed Dufrense's teachings, this is a very sad story. http://murrieta.patch.com/groups/police-and-f...
lly prissy pants

Corpus Christi, TX

#1545 Oct 18, 2013
gentle readers,
while it may be true that he did remove money from his mother-in-law's account, i have no doubt that this was done at the direction of the lord through the intervention of the holy spirit. let us not judge this righteous man of god!
Karina

United States

#1546 Oct 18, 2013
Sad wrote:
Although I didn't approve of Ed Dufrense's teachings, this is a very sad story. http://murrieta.patch.com/groups/police-and-f...
I agree it is very sad for his family
Elk River Mallard

Elk River, MN

#1547 Oct 18, 2013
Sad wrote:
Yes, it is sad for his family. Hopefully, God will use it to work in their lives. Whether or not Dufresne was a believer, I don't know. I hope that he had a chance to repent on the way down.
It will not surprise me if Matthews somehow uses this to raise money.
curious

Modesto, CA

#1548 Oct 18, 2013
former follower wrote:
<quoted text>A shame that so many are harmed by these deceitful practices. But so easy to be drawn in anddeceived.Been there done that, have the painful memories. Dr Bill, DuFresne, Rojas, Jacobs, Copeland, Greer, etc use the pulpit a a means to provide themselves with lavish lifestyle.
There are two Rojas pators.One in California and one in Texas i think. Which one are you referring to?
former follower

Bettendorf, IA

#1549 Oct 20, 2013
Curious, referring to the Rojas that identifies himself as the 'Holy Ghost' preacher. Little short mouthy runt. It is a sad event for the families of DuFresne and his pilot. And yes, Matthews and many others will attempt to use this as a means of raising more money for themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump pardons former Sheriff Joe Arpaio 9 min Misses Abiff 1,255
News Crime 44 mins ago 12:22 p.m.Rogersville pediatr... 13 min Yep 71
News Town hall meeting in Elkins focuses on drug-rel... 40 min Same Old Elkins 2
News Government seeks prison time for Weiner in sext... 45 min Misses Abiff 6
News Late-night TV show host Kimmel blasts senator o... 47 min fingers mcgurke 6
News As some in Congress look to move past the Obama... 1 hr Prosperity Fundie... 10
News CommuniCare reports its at risk of losing feder... 1 hr Birds Landing Bob 3
More from around the web