Elk River pastor charged

Jan 14, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star News - Home

The Rev. William Neal Matthews, the pastor of Solid Rock Church and World Outreach Center, allegedly transferred money out of his mother-in-law's account while acting as the 94-year-old woman's power of attorney, according to a criminal complaint filed Jan.

Comments
1,421 - 1,440 of 1,574 Comments Last updated Saturday Jul 5

Since: Sep 11

out on the lone prairee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Easy there Stubby, you're only reading as much as the newspaper printed. And wouldn't you be a little happy that you survived such a thing?
former follower

Davenport, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

The Ol Wagonmaster wrote:
Easy there Stubby, you're only reading as much as the newspaper printed. And wouldn't you be a little happy that you survived such a thing?
I agree, I think anyone that survived such a thing should be praising God for their safety. In spite of 'false prophets' such as the Drs. Matthews, DuFresne, and the like, God is alive and well and protecting his people. These self righteous self serving egomaniacs have done so much harm and turned so many people against the churches. Hope Dr Bill and Lorena are enjoying the bed they made for themselves. Dr Bill most likely is enjoying several 'beds' he has made for himself.
Nerdy McNerdy Pants

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Heh, are you kidding? I used to have the longest running crush on Emily but she barely acknowledged my existence for years of going to that church. In fact she shunned the fact that we had to sit next to each-other once at a conference. Now I'm a tall & muscular rich dude with a stunning six-pack and smoking hot girl; and Emily looks like she did alright for herself too with that stunning new family last I heard. Anyway, just trying to inject a little humor.
On a serious note Mindy, I never really knew you personally. Rest assured most of us know your dad is bat-crazy and those in their right might don't hold any ill-will against you or your sister...or Andy...the stud! Seems like those of us who were a little rebellious growing up turned out the most level headed.
PEACE!
Mindy wrote:
<quoted text>
I obviously have no way of knowing whether you are referring to me or my sister, Emily, but I can say with absolute certainty neither one of us would ever ignore someone on purpose the way you are saying one of us did. Believe me, we get this kind of treatment on a regular basis from our own family members and people we used to call friends. It isn't the kind of hurt we would want to inflict on another person. And it wouldn't matter to either of us if you were still attending solid rock or not. So, you can choose to believe me, or hold a grudge. Like I said earlier, I would hope you could extend some grace and mercy our way. And, if you have my contact information, give me a call and we can have a nice conversation.
Mindy

Elk River, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Nerdy McNerdy Pants wrote:
Heh, are you kidding? I used to have the longest running crush on Emily but she barely acknowledged my existence for years of going to that church. In fact she shunned the fact that we had to sit next to each-other once at a conference. Now I'm a tall & muscular rich dude with a stunning six-pack and smoking hot girl; and Emily looks like she did alright for herself too with that stunning new family last I heard. Anyway, just trying to inject a little humor.
On a serious note Mindy, I never really knew you personally. Rest assured most of us know your dad is bat-crazy and those in their right might don't hold any ill-will against you or your sister...or Andy...the stud! Seems like those of us who were a little rebellious growing up turned out the most level headed.
PEACE!
<quoted text>
Thanks for the humor, "McNerdy pants"! I'm super happy for you that Emily's shunning motivated you to get hot! Congrats! Lol. Also, thanks for the reassurance that most people realize Bill (who is no longer my father, by his own choice) is bat- cray cray! I think you are right about the "rebellious" ones, too. My theory is that we weren't rebellious, really. We just thought for ourselves, and they didn't like that. Sometimes I like to imagine what my lost siblings would be like if they came over to this side. Thoughts?
Lol

Elk River, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

I guess there is another Pastor in St Paul that liked Bill's idea of stealing money from the elderly http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/11/09/past...
calling all Saints

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Lol wrote:
I guess there is another Pastor in St Paul that liked Bill's idea of stealing money from the elderly http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/11/09/past...
These so called 'Word' preachers have a word for sure. The word greed. Just like Dr Bill, this preacher used the 'Word' to steal and deceive. Drs Powers, DuFresne, Matthews, Jacobs, Rojas, Silvas, etc. are full of the 'Word' but the word they are full of is Bulls@@t.
Emily

Elk River, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Nerdy McNerdy Pants wrote:
PEACE!
<quoted text>
I'm not sure who wrote this but I am so sorry I shunned you!! I was a very different person back then- at times snotty and self righteous. I feel like a friendlier and happier person now. I see that church breeding many self righteous people. It sounds like we have both changed for the better since leaving there. Thank you for the compliment about my family. My hubby and 3 kids are my favorite people in the world! I'm glad you are doing great too!
On another note- thank you to all of you on here that have showed your support for Andy, Mindy, and I. This has been an eye opening situation for me. I have grown as a person and I am very happy with the path my life has taken. God really can take something bad and turn it for good. In the death of my mom I was able to find the truth.
Stubby

Beulah, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

It is that time of year again, tax refunds will be coming out soon. Dr Ed is here to make sure that the people don't blow all that money on themselves.

Bill said that they need to refinance the church soon. Didn't they do that just a year ago?
calling all Saints

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Stubby wrote:
It is that time of year again, tax refunds will be coming out soon. Dr Ed is here to make sure that the people don't blow all that money on themselves.
Bill said that they need to refinance the church soon. Didn't they do that just a year ago?
Yeah, Dr Ed and all the DRs will be out in force to instruct the people of how best to use the money they might receive as a refund.
inside info

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Funny Ed and Bill have the same habit of not paying their staff. The sad part for both of them is the majority of their staff is family. All they care about is themselves and maintaining their "prosperous" image, while all the while they are crumbling from the inside.
former follower

Davenport, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

inside info wrote:
Funny Ed and Bill have the same habit of not paying their staff. The sad part for both of them is the majority of their staff is family. All they care about is themselves and maintaining their "prosperous" image, while all the while they are crumbling from the inside.
Yeah, I got the impression Dr Ed has and is experiencing some financial problems as well as 'family' problems too. I find it funny, maybe the livestyle and lies they have been living is catching up yo them all.
Barb Heinitz

Sierra Vista, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Good vibes for you, Andy, and Mindy. You're all strength. Forget the negative. He's your Dad.
Alejandra Perales

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

I am very dissapointed to hear this anomalies againts this pastor. The word of God is clear and we cannot used on our own benefits.
This actions it doesnt't jstified to be married to his daughter in law. No matter the reasons, Yes Lorena is free to marry whoever she wants but. Not his father in law. Is a moral issue by the Law of man and the Law of God. God is love you don't hurt people especially your own family. That little girl is growing up into a lie instead of calling him grandfather? Is actually herDad!LIES! What about the pain of Andy. God is in charged and he will judge for those who did wrong.
Alejandra Perales

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Dear Andy I am very surprised of this news that happen in your family. You have lost a daughter. I hope you get it back soon! I am sorry this type of actions came for your own father. Like you said God is in control! You have to forgive your father to get peace in your heart nor is actions were wrong he always will be your father. God is the best judge in this matter. Keep strong don't loose the faith things will get better for you. Since last week I found out about this no longer attend this church. My prayers are to you Andy don't allow your heart to get harder. I know I am not in your position. I cannot judge your father I am not perfect human being. But I am a mother too and love them dearly and I will never hurt them the way your father did.Hope you get Natalia back with you were she belongs to you. My best wishes God is with you.
Andrew wrote:
I am the son that was married to Lorena and I will never hide from my accusers or talk behind someone's back, I would be more than happy to have a one on one public discussion of any events that transpired! I can assure you there has been zero illegal drug use for 13 years, and there was never physical abuse toward Lorena, the bible says the devil is the accuser of the brethren. I know God and I know he is in control. Although I am sad half my family will no longer speak with me, I know God can turn it around for good. I am not bitter or mad, but I look forward to the day truth is revealed. No man is perfect only God, but a real man can stand up and admit his wrongs and accept the consequences, a coward will hide and lie and deceive and cover up to the end!
former follower

Davenport, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Hope all is well with Andy and ssters. Seems several other 'DRs' have done similiar things and more being exposed now. Dr Ed is the example these socalled preachers are following. Dr Apostle Jimmy Powers is just another control freak egomaniac selfserving preacher who has divided his family. Dr Bill will be providing services to other female followers soon if he is not already. Lorena must know. Don't understand how she can look at herself in the mirror much less show her face at church or anywhere else.
Elk River Mallard

Elk River, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Alejandra, you said: "Since last week I found out about this no longer attend this church". Are you saying that you were attending there for awhile, without knowing that "Dr." Bill was married to his daughter-in-law and stole her from his son? That makes me wonder: Is it not common knowledge to the attenders of that "church" that Bill Matthews married his daughter-in law?

I have sometimes wondered about that. It seems that it would have to be one of these two things: Either the members don't know, or they have accepted some distorted spin that Bill has put on the truth that he is a reprobate who has violated several scriptures.
former follower

Davenport, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Elk River Mallard wrote:
Alejandra, you said: "Since last week I found out about this no longer attend this church". Are you saying that you were attending there for awhile, without knowing that "Dr." Bill was married to his daughter-in-law and stole her from his son? That makes me wonder: Is it not common knowledge to the attenders of that "church" that Bill Matthews married his daughter-in law?
I have sometimes wondered about that. It seems that it would have to be one of these two things: Either the members don't know, or they have accepted some distorted spin that Bill has put on the truth that he is a reprobate who has violated several scriptures.
Violated several scriptures and probably violated several females. He is a snake oil salesman. Many folks believe him and think he is ok in marrying his son's wife, even having her in his house while his wife lay dieing and Lorena was still married to Andy. Who really believes nothing was happening with Lorena then? He will pay one day.
Stubby

Beulah, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

I watched a few webcasts of the services recently from Solid Rock. It seems pretty dead and the energy level isn't what it used to be. It seemed like even Dr Ed wasn't able to fire them up anymore. Attendance is probably down a little from what a person can tell by the livefeed. It also sounds like the financial situation is pretty tight.

Maybe that place is finally nearing the end of the line.
Stubby

Beulah, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Financial problems at a very large church in another state. Be very careful.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/munst...
Elk River Mallard

Elk River, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Stubby wrote:
Maybe that place is finally nearing the end of the line.
I hope so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••