Despite grievances, trials progress f...

Despite grievances, trials progress for defendants

There are 5 comments on the DigitalBURG story from Apr 18, 2013, titled Despite grievances, trials progress for defendants. In it, DigitalBURG reports that:

Both men accused of murder in the death of Warrensburg bar owner William "Blaine" Whitworth are getting closer to trial.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DigitalBURG.

vigilantcitizen1 08

Sedalia, MO

#1 Apr 18, 2013
This story seems to think that the reader is the type to be easily swayed by slanted journalism which seems to tell a story based around facts rather than report the facts for what they are. I m dizzy from the spin on this mock story. You attempt to make Mr Peters case for him which is a defense of "my client is innocent because my client says he's innocent" and that we in Johnson county are violating the constitutional rights of ... a foreign national who paid the way and kept close quarters with the self admitted trigger man who admits Abid's personal motivations and money were the motivations for the murder. Let's get this straight FORIEGN NATIONALS ARE NOT CITIZENS they are afforded the right to a fair trial in our justice system but are NOT privileged to constitutional or legal rights not specifically dealing with foreign nationals who are here illegally and accused of conspiratorial murder. Yes the rights of citizens should b upheld in this case. Blaine Whitworth was a citizen, his family are citizens and they have a right to see justice done. Which means both admitted murderer Singletary n implicated in the murder Abid stand trial before a jury of citizens who you can be certain will protect the constitution and the rights of American citizens as is the American way.'Nuff said?
also a citizen

Sedalia, MO

#2 Apr 19, 2013
I would like to point out your own post is slanted.
You seem to b rather emotional on the subject. Georgetown law scholars disagree with you. They say those living under and by the laws of US are protected by them as well.
I think this is very important.
I will admit that Georgetown law scholars were addressing those here legally and not engaged in ongoing criminal activities.
As a citizen it is disturbing that a non citizen could gain legal access to the US remain here illegally potentially become engaged in ongoing criminal commerce and conspire to and/or commit murder then use the law to fly out of the country and evade responsibility for their crimes is a terribly frightening idea.
It does sound like an open invitation to the devil.
However I think that it is equally dangerous and false to say he does not have any rights beyond due process. We should very carefully consider in each case, the legal status and activities the defendant leading up to criminal charges as well as the charges themselves. I can certainly concede that there are situations where individual rights of non citizens need to be temporarily suspended to facilitate national security as with those connected to terrorism.
As far as the lack of bail, that is the courts to determine in any case. The idea has always been to guarantee appearance before the court. Bail more privilege extended to the accused than a right in that regard. When it is reasonable to assume flight no bond is common practice for crimes such as murder or criminal conspiracy such as RICO covers.
I hope you can see its more complicated than it seems.
Also your vitriol and poison tongue are inspiring but you are just as scary as the bad guys when you use that kind of inflammatory rhetoric.
vigilantcitizen1 08

Sedalia, MO

#3 Apr 19, 2013
I guess I'm not gonna argue but mostly cuz I can't tell ... are u on my side ??
also a citizen

Sedalia, MO

#4 Apr 19, 2013
Is it about picking sides? Or is it about thoughtfully seeking justice?
But you win... I was just trying to show you that you might be missing the point a little.
Antonio Lopez Santa Anna

United States

#5 Apr 21, 2013
also a citizen wrote:
Is it about picking sides? Or is it about thoughtfully seeking justice?
But you win... I was just trying to show you that you might be missing the point a little.
If you were any more full of shit you would explode.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stage set for high drama during US Senate vote ... 1 hr TrumpCare 5
News News 10 Mins Ago Burr-Hamilton? Angry lawmaker ... 3 hr anonymous 2
News We could do more to fight cancer like McCain's.... 8 hr TRUMP 45 21
News Sessions greenlights police to seize cash, prop... 12 hr Putins Glock Holster 24
News If there's a war between California and Kentuck... 15 hr criminaltrum P 140
News JonBenet Ramsey's brother Burke wages defamatio... 16 hr berrytea333 7
News Angry lawmaker singles out 'female senators'... 17 hr Trumpsajoke 2
More from around the web