KC man, 24, charged in February rape of 15-year-old

Oct 2, 2012 Full story: The Kansas City Star 56

Jackson County prosecutors accused a 24-year-old man of snatching a 15-year-old girl from a playground in February, dragging her to a townhome and raping her.The attack he’s accused of occurred sometime after 6:45 a.m. on Feb.

Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#23 Oct 4, 2012
My vote? Bobbitt

“Fishin" in the Moonlight”

Since: Jul 11

.......¿.......

#24 Oct 4, 2012
The things I have posted was done assuming hes been found guilty by a jury of his peers, guilty without a shadow of a doubt.
All this BS about we need to understand his past and sympathize with him has never had a loved one violently attacked and raped obviously. He deserves the same fear and scarring he inflicted on this 15 yr old child, hey maybe we can make it her fault somehow, you know, clothes too revealing or something.
Anyone that can feel for this dude, assuming he's guilty, really needs a reality check, a slap on the wrist is no deterrent, an eye for an eye may solve some of this craziness, prison is full of repeat offenders of this type, some multiple offenders, so where do we draw the line or do we just keep letting them out to repeat their offenses, attacking young children and taking advantage of the vulnerable.

Seems to me some would put the rights of the offender before the rights of the victim.

And I still say if he's guilty steps should be taken to ensure he never commits another atrocity like this again, removing his equipment would be a good place to start. JMO and I'm entitled to it.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#25 Oct 4, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. You added the dimension that was missing in some of the ranting here, and that is justice. Unless the DNA was planted, it sounds like a solid case.
While my gut reaction might be to want to give the guy a summary dose of vigilante justice, it all boils down to a need for constitutional justice to be meted out. There are very solid reasons for our constitutionally based justice system. While it is not always perfect, I cannot think of a better system.

“near Halloween.”

Since: Dec 06

#26 Oct 4, 2012
SLY WEST wrote:
The things I have posted was done assuming hes been found guilty by a jury of his peers, guilty without a shadow of a doubt.
All this BS about we need to understand his past and sympathize with him has never had a loved one violently attacked and raped obviously. He deserves the same fear and scarring he inflicted on this 15 yr old child, hey maybe we can make it her fault somehow, you know, clothes too revealing or something.
Anyone that can feel for this dude, assuming he's guilty, really needs a reality check, a slap on the wrist is no deterrent, an eye for an eye may solve some of this craziness, prison is full of repeat offenders of this type, some multiple offenders, so where do we draw the line or do we just keep letting them out to repeat their offenses, attacking young children and taking advantage of the vulnerable.
Seems to me some would put the rights of the offender before the rights of the victim.
And I still say if he's guilty steps should be taken to ensure he never commits another atrocity like this again, removing his equipment would be a good place to start. JMO and I'm entitled to it.
You can uses polar opposites in an argument,
but .. there is also the 'in between'

I certainly am not saying, he deserves tea and sympathy
and a detailed account of his deprived past,
so folks can excuse him.

Every action has a consequence..

but..

if people will deal him [and his likes]

the same violence HE dealt his victim
[albeit in a different form]
no one has learned anything,
or moves on .. or up.

Evenso,

I respect your opinion...
eventho' mine is different,
but that's the beauty of a democracy..

We can express them equally:

Since: Mar 12

Gone Fishing

#28 Oct 4, 2012
As I keep reading this thread I see the difference in opinions...And everyone is entitled to their own...
I am just curious to if you have ever known anyone to have gone through this...? Maybe if you had known someone personally then you might see why so much of the hostility.
The victims life is changed FOREVER.
Ok maybe the person comitting the crime has been through hell themselves but that is more of a reason to know Stop means STOP and No means NO. There is no way to justify hurting someone else...

.......¿.......

#29 Oct 4, 2012
While I agree he has a constitutional right to due process And is protected from cruel and unusual punishment I also respect the victims right to the pursuit of life,liberty and happiness, chances are those are dashed now. There comes a point where the victims rights has to be considered, our constitution was not only designed to protect scumbags like him but also to protect the innocent.
There is no gray area here, like in some scenarios such as staturoy where the girl lied, he drug this young lady from a playground and terrorized her beyond anything any of us could imagine, those scars will run deep and last a lifetime while in the meantime we let him out in 10-15 years to possibly do it again (statistics show he probably will), where's the justice in that. Stiffer penalties is what's called for, hell with trying to rehabilitate people Luke this, history shows that doesn't work. If someone commits a violent crime with a firearm we take away his right to the pleasure of owning one, if someone commits a violent crime using sex then we should revoke his right to owning the weapon he committed the offense with figuratively speaking, his desire to have sex, and if that doesn't work and they re-offend....well there's an injection to fix that.

I have a sister that has been dealing with the after effects of a violent rape when she was 17, 18 Yrs. later her and the family is still trying to cope and guess what??? It was a repeat offender that did it, a parole violater from another state.
Under our constitution much stiffer penalties could be put in place for first time offenders instead of some slick lawyer and panty waisted judge placing more emphasis on the offender than the victim.

And yes it is the greatest justice system on earth but that doesn't make it perfect.

.......¿.......

#30 Oct 4, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
so folks can excuse him.
but..
or moves on .. or up.
Evenso,

Move on and move up??? I'm not sure I understand what that means, so we can "rehabilitate " him and put him back on the streets to do it again???
Kinda hard to tell a rape victim to move on and move up I would think.

“near Halloween.”

#31 Oct 4, 2012
SLY WEST wrote:
<quoted text>
Move on and move up??? I'm not sure I understand what that means, so we can "rehabilitate " him and put him back on the streets to do it again???
Kinda hard to tell a rape victim to move on and move up I would think.
No,
I'm afraid you misunderstand me completely...

I'm not talking about putting him back on the streets,
I would have thought that was quite obvious -

Judging by what 'some' people have said here, re
nailing him to a tree, cutting off
his privates etc..
that's NOT the way forward, that kind of thinking just continues
the circle of violence and reduces people to
a similar level ..

you know what they say >

'violence begets violence'
and if we don't break the circle,
we can never move on or move up...
or be a better example to rapists and murderers.

Deal with him 'all rapists'
lock them up.. keep them away from
society, they have forfeited the right
to walk free in public again...
but the lynch mob has no place in today's society..
we are now in 2012.
there are other ways of dealing with such offenders.

“Stop libel and bullying.”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#32 Oct 4, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
so folks can excuse him.
but..
or moves on .. or up.
Evenso,
I tend to think this kind needs to be punished as severely. It is not about teaching the person anything. They did it and cannot be reformed. It is about teaching society. If parents don't want their children tortured for being rapists, they will do whatever it takes to never raise a rapist. We as a society cannot move upward unless crime is dealt with in a very harsh manner. The only who deserves rights is the victim. In fact, I'd like to see that as an amendment to the US Constitution, to have it in writing that victims of violent crimes have more rights than suspects.

In parts of India, there are open prisons. You can come and go as you please during certain hours, as long as you are in by final roll call at night. Ironically, less escape from those than traditional prisons. Of course, there are all kinds of stipulations and eligibility requirements. If you are a serial or sexual offender, or you killed a government official, you are not eligible to go there, but you have to do all your time in maximum security. Also, with the open prison, you have to have had spent some time in a regular prison. I guess that helps keep open prison inmates from running, since they don't want to go back to real prison. Plus they are expected to pay their way there, so society isn't as burdened with costs as with regular prison, and it keeps the population down in other prisons so they don't have to build more. There is a low staff count in an open prison. So inmates get to go out and look for work to pay for their stay. On a show about this, a convicted murderer was at the local school as a teacher. The parents had very little complaints, and most believed what he had done was in the past, and his private business.

.......¿.......

#33 Oct 4, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
No,
his privates etc..
a similar level ..
you know what they say >
we are now in 2012.
So we should shell outwards of $70.000 a year to house this animal til "he sees the error in his ways" as You stated in a previous post. These people don't understand anything but violence and need to be dealt with on this level, this is not some petty thief, this is a grown adult with nada, zero, no respect for human life.
Nailing his shyt to a tree is mild in comparison to what he's done to this young lady, but somehow the victims rights fall thru the cracks in everyone's rush to protect the offenders rights.
Do you think the victim really cares what year it is?

Although I respect our right to differ I'm struggling to find the logic in your veiws other than maybe you've never been touched by such a horrendous crime. You are right on one point tho', there's no place in society for them.....even if they do see the error in their ways.

“Stop libel and bullying.”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#34 Oct 4, 2012
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
No,
his privates etc..
a similar level ..
you know what they say >
we are now in 2012.
It is a lack of a lynch mob mentality why society has declined as it has. Over-civilization and gentrification is a bad thing. The bad people will always be strong, powerful, and evil, and we need good people with those same traits to counter them. All this "tolerance" and "diversity" crap and PC nonsense has just weakened our society to the point that the honest people lack the courage and strength to do anything.

Cutting off his junk and releasing him is more effective and cheaper than life in prison. Only first attacks are violence. Whatever is done next is justified and is done to prevent that person from being capable of the crime again, and to make others afraid to do it in the first place.

There is no circle to break, other than excessively lenient policies and thinking and not punishing the criminals harshly enough. Even states are cracking down on light spankings. How can parents prevent children from growing up to rapists if they cannot beat the potential for rape out of them? When someone does wrong they need punished for it each and every time. The punishment by the courts must be very severe as to prevent vigilantism. The softer the courts, the MORE violence there is. I quoted the slaying of Moscone and Milk above by Dan White. Had he gotten more than 7 years, there would not have been 2 violent riots that night right after the verdict.

I guess if you want to be more humane to rapists, you send them all to a deserted island and patrol the perimeter of the island. If they make it farther than a decent distance for recreation, bathing, or to catch food, the escapees get shot. Otherwise, they can do whatever they want as long as they don't leave the island.

“near Halloween.”

#35 Oct 4, 2012
Trying to answer your and SPOTTED GIRL's posts
equally - as I'm a bit stuck for time just now.

I take your points but,

It is still as I see it..

yes the rapist is the worst kind of
human being..
and no you don't have to be personally
'touched' by it in order to fully realise it's
gravity.. using basic intelligence anyone can see..
and, MOST unfortunately, there's no shortage of examples:

Someone suggested make sure you don't
bring up a rapist..

Wow! don't you know it runs waaay deeper than that..
they can 'act' normally and then when on the prowl..
act like monsters, despite examples or good rearing.

a kind of JEKYLL & HYDE personality..

but.. AGAIN ..
despite his evil ways..
would shooting him in the face
or castrating him up
a dark alley be the answer

NO...

that is equal violence...

granted 'an eye for an eye'

but equally violent..

no example to anyone.

'The rapist' exists in society,
whether we like it or not..
'HE' is our problem
we must find a way to deal with 'him'
other than going back to the dark ages
and bodily tearing him limb from limb..

otherwise we have learned NOTHING.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#36 Oct 4, 2012
Good result of the, "Backhoe and Big Field Plan", is they never harm another human, and zero taxpayer upkeep......It's all good.....

.......¿.......

#37 Oct 4, 2012
With all due respect Grace I beg to differ with you on several points
Grace Nerissa wrote:

Realizing the gravity of something of this nature by reading about it or seeing it on the evening news is a world away from seeing your loved one lying in the ER with her eyes beat shut and in a mental state of shock and terrified of everyone around her, emotionally destoyed for years to come.

"yes the rapist is the worst kind of
human being..
and no you don't have to be personally
'touched' by it in order to fully realise it's
gravity.. using basic intelligence anyone can see..
and, MOST unfortunately, there's no shortage of examples:

We are all products of our envirement to some extent, no one intentionally raises a rapists but certain upbringing factors can play into it. Yes I agree, they can act normally, an uncanny ability to convince a Parole Board or Hospital shrink that they've been "rehabilitated" and back on the "prowl" they go.

"Someone suggested make sure you don't
bring up a rapist..
Wow! don't you know it runs waaay deeper than that..
they can 'act' normally and then when on the prowl..
act like monsters, despite examples or good rearing.
a kind of JEKYLL & HYDE personality..
but.. AGAIN ..

It would rid us of one violent rapist that won't terrorize another innocent person, altho castration is no guarantee againt repeat offending it could definitely be used as a deterrent. Pardon me for asking, but who are we setting this example for? What I see is we're setting an example that if you commit this horrible crime the courts and such will be totally understanding to your situation, totally disregarding the victim's rights in their pursuit of being Politically correct in this day of modern thinking,,,, sometimes these type of problems call for an Old School solution.

"despite his evil ways..
would shooting him in the face
or castrating him up
a dark alley be the answer
NO...
that is equal violence...
granted 'an eye for an eye'
but equally violent..
no example to anyone.

Yes he does exsist and will continue to grow in numbers the more laxed our laws become. When you find a way to successfully deal with a person of this nature you'll find most are cold evil beasts, some would happily tear you from limb to limb'
What is it we're trying to learn that we already don't know about these sick, twisted individuals?

'The rapist' exists in society,
whether we like it or not..
'HE' is our problem
we must find a way to deal with 'him'
other than going back to the dark ages
and bodily tearing him limb from limb..
otherwise we have learned NOTHING.
Once again, with all due respect Grace, not once in any of your comments have you mentioned the victim or her rights, and that takes us back to my main point, in the rush to protect this sicko's rights it would appear her rights have been dismissed which is the norm in this "modern" day of tolerance and acceptance we find ourselves living in.

.......¿.......

#38 Oct 4, 2012
Sorry that post ^^^ came out all screwed up but the gist of the message is there.
LOL the girl wanted it

Watertown, WI

#39 Oct 4, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
BTW, the headline is wrong. He is no man. Real men never rape, only punks.
Really, the girl was the provacatour.
LOL the girl wanted it

Watertown, WI

#40 Oct 4, 2012
SLY WEST wrote:
With all due respect Grace I beg to differ with you on several points
<quoted text>
Once again, with all due respect Grace, not once in any of your comments have you mentioned the victim or her rights, and that takes us back to my main point, in the rush to protect this sicko's rights it would appear her rights have been dismissed which is the norm in this "modern" day of tolerance and acceptance we find ourselves living in.
LOL, if people had a right to not be victims, they could sue the government for being so, you dumb liberal mentally retarted commie.
LOL the girl wanted it

Watertown, WI

#41 Oct 4, 2012
SLY WEST wrote:
LOL, your post points out why the illness, that is the left wing, should be put in the same jail cell as those who are convicted of crimes, LOL.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#42 Oct 13, 2012
SLY WEST wrote:
While I agree he has a constitutional right to due process And is protected from cruel and unusual punishment I also respect the victims right to the pursuit of life,liberty and happiness, chances are those are dashed now. There comes a point where the victims rights has to be considered, our constitution was not only designed to protect scumbags like him but also to protect the innocent.
There is no gray area here, like in some scenarios such as staturoy where the girl lied, he drug this young lady from a playground and terrorized her beyond anything any of us could imagine, those scars will run deep and last a lifetime while in the meantime we let him out in 10-15 years to possibly do it again (statistics show he probably will), where's the justice in that. Stiffer penalties is what's called for, hell with trying to rehabilitate people Luke this, history shows that doesn't work. If someone commits a violent crime with a firearm we take away his right to the pleasure of owning one, if someone commits a violent crime using sex then we should revoke his right to owning the weapon he committed the offense with figuratively speaking, his desire to have sex, and if that doesn't work and they re-offend....well there's an injection to fix that.
I have a sister that has been dealing with the after effects of a violent rape when she was 17, 18 Yrs. later her and the family is still trying to cope and guess what??? It was a repeat offender that did it, a parole violater from another state.
Under our constitution much stiffer penalties could be put in place for first time offenders instead of some slick lawyer and panty waisted judge placing more emphasis on the offender than the victim.
And yes it is the greatest justice system on earth but that doesn't make it perfect.
Very good post!

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#43 Oct 13, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a lack of a lynch mob mentality why society has declined as it has. Over-civilization and gentrification is a bad thing. The bad people will always be strong, powerful, and evil, and we need good people with those same traits to counter them. All this "tolerance" and "diversity" crap and PC nonsense has just weakened our society to the point that the honest people lack the courage and strength to do anything.
Cutting off his junk and releasing him is more effective and cheaper than life in prison. Only first attacks are violence. Whatever is done next is justified and is done to prevent that person from being capable of the crime again, and to make others afraid to do it in the first place.
There is no circle to break, other than excessively lenient policies and thinking and not punishing the criminals harshly enough. Even states are cracking down on light spankings. How can parents prevent children from growing up to rapists if they cannot beat the potential for rape out of them? When someone does wrong they need punished for it each and every time. The punishment by the courts must be very severe as to prevent vigilantism. The softer the courts, the MORE violence there is. I quoted the slaying of Moscone and Milk above by Dan White. Had he gotten more than 7 years, there would not have been 2 violent riots that night right after the verdict.
I guess if you want to be more humane to rapists, you send them all to a deserted island and patrol the perimeter of the island. If they make it farther than a decent distance for recreation, bathing, or to catch food, the escapees get shot. Otherwise, they can do whatever they want as long as they don't leave the island.
Allowing mob justice will cause more problems than it solves. Our justice system is not perfect, but it certainly beats allowing mobs to carry out summary executions based on flimsy evidence or outright lies. If we castrate somebody who is later proven innocent, then what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massena man sentenced to prison for cocaine sale 1 hr Donica bill the s... 43
Massena woman admits committing welfare fraud 1 hr Alo68 34
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 2 hr barefoot2626 1,666
Madrid teenager jailed on sexual abuse charge (Jul '13) 2 hr you know nothing 23
DWI laws and enforcement: is enough being done? 3 hr L Morales 23
Tombigbee EPA change hits some hard 6 hr Frank 1
Ohio and U.S. companies in demand for truck dri... (Nov '12) 8 hr xxxraytred 19
More from around the web