OB-GYN group criticizes Texas abortio...

OB-GYN group criticizes Texas abortion bills

There are 493 comments on the KFVS12 story from Jul 5, 2013, titled OB-GYN group criticizes Texas abortion bills. In it, KFVS12 reports that:

The abortion bills under consideration in Texas are being denounced as a form of legislative overreach on the medical rights of women.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFVS12.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#347 Sep 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
Really? Then why haven't you answered these?

1. When I aborted at 3 weeks do to health issues do you think your opinion/religious beliefs should have been above my decision??

2. The law provides for abortion right here in America. especially to save the mothers life,
so why won't catholic hospitals perform them?
Ocean56

AOL

#348 Sep 7, 2013
OFC wrote:
To answer your second question-Catholic hospitals don't perform them because that violates their religious beliefs.
Riiiiiiiiiight, but letting a woman DIE because of those backward beliefs is perfectly okay with them. The WOMAN is EXPENDABLE, as far as they're concerned. Got it.@@

As far as I'M concerned, Catholic hospitals SUCK. That's why I hope I never end up being taken to one if I were suddenly taken ill. A Catholic hospital is the LAST place I'd go for real medical care.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#349 Sep 7, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiiiight, but letting a woman DIE because of those backward beliefs is perfectly okay with them. The WOMAN is EXPENDABLE, as far as they're concerned. Got it.@@
As far as I'M concerned, Catholic hospitals SUCK. That's why I hope I never end up being taken to one if I were suddenly taken ill. A Catholic hospital is the LAST place I'd go for real medical care.
Yep! Perfectly within their religious medical beliefs to let a woman/girl who COULD be saved die! Nothing wrong with that!

Women/girls must come to accept that they are nothing more than vessels within male hierarchy religious beliefs. Their only value is delivering offspring and being submissive, subservient , and should NEVER have any self interest or survival instincts.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#350 Sep 7, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! Perfectly within their religious medical beliefs to let a woman/girl who COULD be saved die! Nothing wrong with that!
Women/girls must come to accept that they are nothing more than vessels within male hierarchy religious beliefs. Their only value is delivering offspring and being submissive, subservient , and should NEVER have any self interest or survival instincts.
How many women have died in Catholic hospitals because they weren't provided an abortion compared to the number of women who have died due to an abortion?

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#351 Sep 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How many women have died in Catholic hospitals because they weren't provided an abortion compared to the number of women who have died due to an abortion?
I have no idea.

So you are Ok with what took place in ireland and would not mind if your own was treated the same way in the name of religion? Correct?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#352 Sep 7, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea.
So you are Ok with what took place in ireland and would not mind if your own was treated the same way in the name of religion? Correct?
I would be appalled by what happened in Ireland by incompetent personel. They did not diagnose her correctly and by the time they did she was too infected to be saved no matter what. Irish law allows for an abortion to save mom's life.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#353 Sep 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be appalled by what happened in Ireland by incompetent personel. They did not diagnose her correctly and by the time they did she was too infected to be saved no matter what. Irish law allows for an abortion to save mom's life.
American law allows abortion especially to save the mothers life so why won't catholics perform them...such as the case in Ireland where they ignored the woman and focused on the foetus heartbeat?
The fetus was important...the women not so much. So are you saying a catholic hospital that has the same issue as Ireland WILL perform an abortion to save the mother?
Ocean56

AOL

#354 Sep 8, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
That's the backward "thinking" of the Catholic Church to a T. Isn't it great that in the U.S., we can REJECT such toxic beliefs and practices by dumping the church altogether? I dumped that toxic institution over 25 years ago, and I still consider it one of the best decisions I ever made.

Why ANY woman would continue to mentally chain herself to such church-based oppression is beyond me. Thankfully, you and I DON'T.:-)
Ocean56

AOL

#355 Sep 8, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
American law allows abortion especially to save the mothers life so why won't catholics perform them...such as the case in Ireland where they ignored the woman and focused on the foetus heartbeat?
The fetus was important...the women not so much.
Exactly. As far as the Catholic Church is concerned, the WOMAN is irrelevant, which is why a woman was allowed to DIE in a Catholic hospital. The fetus was important, the WOMAN was not.

That's what fanatical Catholics have such a hard time with, which is why they continue to DENY it, as Inky keeps doing.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#356 Sep 8, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fetus was important...the women not so much. So are you saying a catholic hospital that has the same issue as Ireland WILL perform an abortion to save the mother?
I think this exception would have covered that woman;

See also: Principle of double effect

The principle of double effect is frequently cited in relation to abortion. A doctor who believes abortion is always morally wrong may nevertheless remove the uterus or fallopian tubes of a pregnant woman, knowing the procedure will cause the death of the embryo or fetus, in cases in which the woman is certain to die without the procedure (examples cited include aggressive uterinecancer and ectopic pregnancy). In these cases, the intended effect is to save the woman's life, not to terminate the pregnancy, and the death of the embryo or fetus is foreseen as a side effect, not intended even as a means to another end. That is, the death of the fetus is not the means to an end, but an undesirable but unavoidable consequence. Thus chemotherapy or removal of a cancerous organ does not abort the fetus in order to cure the cancer, but instead it cures the cancer while also having the foreseen indirect result of aborting the embryo or fetus.[43][44
Ink

Warminster, PA

#357 Sep 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. As far as the Catholic Church is concerned, the WOMAN is irrelevant, which is why a woman was allowed to DIE in a Catholic hospital. The fetus was important, the WOMAN was not.
That's what fanatical Catholics have such a hard time with, which is why they continue to DENY it, as Inky keeps doing.
If you believe what you wrote then the fetus isn't important either.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#358 Sep 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The principle of double effect is frequently cited in relation to abortion. A doctor who believes abortion is always morally wrong may nevertheless remove the uterus or fallopian tubes of a pregnant woman, knowing the procedure will cause the death of the embryo or fetus, in cases in which the woman is certain to die without the procedure (examples cited include aggressive uterinecancer and ectopic pregnancy). In these cases, the intended effect is to save the woman's life, not to terminate the pregnancy, and the death of the embryo or fetus is foreseen as a side effect, not intended even as a means to another end. That is, the death of the fetus is not the means to an end, but an undesirable but unavoidable consequence. Thus chemotherapy or removal of a cancerous organ does not abort the fetus in order to cure the cancer, but instead it cures the cancer while also having the foreseen indirect result of aborting the embryo or fetus.[43][44
What a crock of shit.

Remove the uterus???? Are you and them fcking nuts?? The fetus dies wither way, end of story. But why not fck up the women real good with this asinine logic. Your religion is misogynistic to the core. This religion should be put in it's place if not entirely outlawed.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#359 Sep 8, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock of shit.
Remove the uterus???? Are you and them fcking nuts?? The fetus dies wither way, end of story. But why not fck up the women real good with this asinine logic. Your religion is misogynistic to the core. This religion should be put in it's place if not entirely outlawed.
The removal of the uterus had to do with a cancerous uterus. We would be talking about an infection in which all infected tissue should be removed including the fetus. It wouldn't be performed to kill the fetus but the fetus would not survive the treatment to save mom's life.

Have you no common sense to separate the two different senarios. Each condition would be treated differently but in each case the fetus would die.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#360 Sep 8, 2013
YOU stated:

What would have covered the woman miscarrying at 17 weeks?? What exactly in the above? HAVE YOU NO COMMON SENSE???

The above is NOT common sense and women/girls should stay as far away from the idiocy of the CC and their robotic followers as possible!!
Ink

Warminster, PA

#361 Sep 8, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
YOU stated:
What would have covered the woman miscarrying at 17 weeks?? What exactly in the above? HAVE YOU NO COMMON SENSE???
The above is NOT common sense and women/girls should stay as far away from the idiocy of the CC and their robotic followers as possible!!
Those are only examples of some life ending situations for the mother. The woman in Ireland had a life ending condition so she would been treated to save her life. Irish law provides for that. The problem was that they didn't know what was wrong with her until it was too late.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#362 Sep 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are only examples of some life ending situations for the mother. The woman in Ireland had a life ending condition so she would been treated to save her life. Irish law provides for that. The problem was that they didn't know what was wrong with her until it was too late.
They did know what was wrong with her! They were not going to intervene as long as the foetus had a heartbeat. So you are saying that in America catholic hospitals would have provided her an abortion to save her life?
OFC

Carol Stream, IL

#363 Sep 9, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
So they are not obligated to save a womans life if abortion would be the method?
I say fck them and their misogynistic beliefs. NOT ONE PENNY of government money should go to these creeps for discriminatory practices.
I never said public money should go to them, but that also means they should be able to turn any patient away if the they are medicare/medicaid patients.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#364 Sep 10, 2013
OFC wrote:
<quoted text>I never said public money should go to them, but that also means they should be able to turn any patient away if the they are medicare/medicaid patients.
So their intent is money....not charity or caring for the sick...correct?

The CC and money go hand in hand, they fool no one. They should have their religious tax status withdrawn immediately.
OFC

Carol Stream, IL

#365 Sep 10, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
So their intent is money....not charity or caring for the sick...correct?
The CC and money go hand in hand, they fool no one. They should have their religious tax status withdrawn immediately.
I don't care what their intent is I do not donate to them. I do however support their right as a PRIVATE entity to provide only the services they wish to. Just as I support your right to say what you wish regardless of whether I agree with it or not- or how stupid I think some of your remarks are.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#366 Sep 10, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
They did know what was wrong with her! They were not going to intervene as long as the foetus had a heartbeat. So you are saying that in America catholic hospitals would have provided her an abortion to save her life?
They would have treated the blood poisoning even if that required the removal of the fetus. The same in Ireland.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ADA serial plaintiff probed by IRS, federal pro... 45 min Julie Jane 1
News San Francisco police chief releases more racist... 1 hr Julie Jane 1
News Long Beach man sentenced to 30 months in prison... 3 hr June Ann 1
News Former deputy files civil suit against sheriff (Aug '15) 3 hr Disappointed again 7
News Earlimart man guilty of attempted murder, carja... 4 hr volution 3
News Tidioute man jailed on heroin charges 5 hr Tidioute Sucks 1
News Best way to prevent child abuse? Step in early,... 6 hr xoandre 1
More from around the web