Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7574 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4388 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>Don’t know, that would depend on the judge.

OJ mess? What OJ mess?

Was OJ guilty? The jury didn’t believe so and I must yield to them since they were exposed to all of the evidence. Frankly since the police were caught planting evidence I would have found him not-guilty myself.
If it was not on TV the outcome would have been different

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4389 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman’s initial bond was $150,000 and was revoked.
Yes what was OJ's bond?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4390 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I also called him a code purple
Ash tray
Dead black punk
Perp
You and others have called Zim racist and guilty and you have no proof of either
You also claim you have proven me a liar but you can't post a link
But I can post links to many of your outright lies including where you claim the burden of proof is on the defense........
You still lied son... and many times to boot by sticking to that claim!

And you just keep proving it over and over and over and over and over and....

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4391 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And as long as you rely on Zimmerman's testimony, I would have to agree.

But there was Serino's position there was enough for an indictment. What I don't understand is why Wolfinger's dismissal was done so quickly with little perusal.

Which decision is correct imo, will come down to the syg hearing.
Innocent until proven guilty

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4392 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And as long as you rely on Zimmerman's testimony, I would have to agree.
But there was Serino's position there was enough for an indictment. What I don't understand is why Wolfinger's dismissal was done so quickly with little perusal.
Which decision is correct imo, will come down to the syg hearing.
Zimmermans statements are part of the evidence. Collected evidence does support his version of the events. I provided you with a link which will allow you to review everything Ive looked at tied to the case.

On Serino, more information came out

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-12-1...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4393 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent until proven guilty
And Zimmerman will have that opportunity.

Whereas before he didn't.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4395 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmermans statements are part of the evidence. Collected evidence does support his version of the events. I provided you with a link which will allow you to review everything Ive looked at tied to the case.
On Serino, more information came out
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-12-1...
I must be missing something....

... what evidence shows there was no crime committed.. aside from Zimmerman's word?

And if you believe what you've read and come to a conclusion, then you've gone full circle back to why O'Mara is asking for continuances instead of pushing for a quick trial. You're initial position of "high profile cases" and wanting to review the details just doesn't hold water if your claim is correct.

Nor does letting the justice system do it's "thing."

So which is it? Guilty or no guilty?

You keep trying to push this in one direction.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4396 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Compared to the civil war no
Ask the folks that were robbed, beaten and they will tell you a different story
What was that truck drivers name that was dragged out of his truck and has brain injuries????
Didnt someone tell you? The Civil War wasnt really about slavery. A better name for it would be the War of Northern Aggression.

Because someone got robbed or beaten it was a big deal? In the grand scheme of things it was a small incident. Unlike what occurred in the 1960s. But, then you would simply blame that on a bunch of uppity blacks. The riots of the 60s stemmed from decades of frustration over oppression.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4397 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was not on TV the outcome would have been different
What is your evidence of that? The jury was sequestered and still deliberated once the trial was over. Television simply allowed the world to look in. Yes, Judge Ito was accused of hamming it up for the camera. But, did that actually change anything?

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4398 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes what was OJ's bond?
The information I read has him held without bail.

JUNE 17: O.J. charged with two counts of murder with special circumstances. O.J. fails to surrender, leads police on 60-mile low-speed pursuit across freeways from Orange County to his home. 9 p.m.: O.J. arrested, jailed without bail. Source: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/index/nns...

His case in 2007 bail was set at $125,000.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4399 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And Zimmerman will have that opportunity.

Whereas before he didn't.
He was and will always be innocent until proven guilty

And the burden of proof rest on the prosecution..........

No matter what you claim
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4400 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>From the defenses stand point? I'm sure. O'Mara has already state it will take a while to pour over the information the state has provided.
But that still tells me there's information the public isn't privy to and O'Mara is having problems with.
Postponements aren't uncommon, but they aren't automatic either.
No they aren't. Each time they ask for a postponement, a judge has to permit or deny it. They have to present the reason for the request

As for the delays in this trial, it seems money is one issue and the fact prosecution is giving them a hard time to obtain evidence is another. Watch the video:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/George-Zimme...

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4401 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I must be missing something....

... what evidence shows there was no crime committed.. aside from Zimmerman's word?

And if you believe what you've read and come to a conclusion, then you've gone full circle back to why O'Mara is asking for continuances instead of pushing for a quick trial. You're initial position of "high profile cases" and wanting to review the details just doesn't hold water if your claim is correct.

The grass stains
The injuries Zim sustained
The witness that said he saw two MEN fighting
The 911 call
The perps call to his GF

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4402 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>Didn’t someone tell you? The Civil War wasn’t really about slavery. A better name for it would be the War of Northern Aggression.

Because someone got robbed or beaten it was a big deal? In the grand scheme of things it was a small incident. Unlike what occurred in the 1960’s. But, then you would simply blame that on a bunch of uppity blacks. The riots of the 60’s stemmed from decades of frustration over oppression.
Sorry

I was using the civil war in comparison to the war after the king trial

I was not talking about king being beaten I was talking about the riots
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4403 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
It must go to trial
Even after a jury finds Zim not guilty the riots will be bad
If it never made it to a jury that would be fuel for even more riots
They would claim the slave owners let Zim walk
With the armed citizenry we have today, I can't see any serious riots. If this case were taking place in my town, I know I would be carrying a gun with me for the next couple weeks after the not guilty verdict was read.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4404 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
He was and will always be innocent until proven guilty
And the burden of proof rest on the prosecution..........
No matter what you claim
Son, as I said before, if you're not going to read and prefer to remain an idiot, that's your problem.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4405 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Why would a grand jury be required son?
They usually are in cases like murder. it's not required in Fla unless it's a capital murder charge.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4406 Feb 3, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No they aren't. Each time they ask for a postponement, a judge has to permit or deny it. They have to present the reason for the request
As for the delays in this trial, it seems money is one issue and the fact prosecution is giving them a hard time to obtain evidence is another. Watch the video:
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/George-Zimme...
You mean O'Mara's posturing, complaining, moaning and groaning in public?

You do know he has legal recourse if the prosecution is doing something illegal, right?

You might want to explain that to O'Mara.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4407 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I must be missing something....
Have you read all the evidence yet? If not, do so.

George Zimmermans statements are indeed part of the collected evidence. Some collected evidence does indeed support Zimmermans statements. The state contends otherwise. If because of something not released or if because of political pressures exerted we dont know.

Alan Dershowitzs comments on Coreys affidavit speaks toward the state rushing the case. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/harvard-prof-alan-...
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/megyn-kelly-guest-...

I did indeed state its not unusual for an attorney to delay a case to better prepare. With Zimmerman free on bond there is no crucial rush to get to trial. I suspect if Zimmerman was in custody OMara may be pushing harder for a quicker resolution.

OMara can use the extra time to formulate a stronger defense.

I dont believe Zimmerman committed a crime. My *theory*. The 911 recording proves Zimmerman lost sight of Martin. If you recall the media initially claimed Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher. The fact is he acknowledge with OK. If you listen carefully the wind sound stops at that point as well. When asked for his address Zimmerman hesitated and said I dont know where the kid is. He lost him.

Martin was only a couple hundred yards from safety. He could have easily completed the trip to where he was staying before the 911 call ended. So far, no speculation. But here it comes. I believe Zimmerman. Martin waited for the call to end and then ambushed Zimmerman. Martin had no defensive injuries. Other than the gunshot wound the only injury he had was on his knuckle. Zimmerman sustained multiple injuries on his head. Black eye, broken nose and lacerations on the back of his head.

Read the evidence. Its not a slam dunk but there is more than enough evidence to support dismissal of charges.

Youre right; I continue to push in the same direction. Theres a reason for that. I have read all the evidence. Theres a thread about the case, I spent months on that thread research stories and considering everything Ive come across.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4408 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>What is your evidence of that? The jury was sequestered and still deliberated once the trial was over. Television simply allowed the world to look in. Yes, Judge Ito was accused of hamming it up for the camera. But, did that actually change anything?
The interruptions and hamming would never have been allowed

The defense was allowed more room to play games if the camera was not there

The dream team was allowed to turn the trial into a circus

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 3 min Into The Night 233
News Trump to halt subsidies to health insurers 8 min Big Al 243
News Hepatitis C 3 hr shawn 4
News Cowboys' Elliott gets another reprieve, will pl... 6 hr Grandpa 5
News Crime 44 mins ago 12:22 p.m.Rogersville pediatr... 8 hr Amazed 77
News Catawba DA finds Sheriff candidate Jason Reid n... 14 hr MeJustMe 4
News Republican senator says bipartisan deal reached... 19 hr mr gleeble 1
More from around the web