Oregon panel recommends moving to fed...

Oregon panel recommends moving to federal exchange

There are 34 comments on the Denver Post story from Apr 24, 2014, titled Oregon panel recommends moving to federal exchange. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Oregon, once expected to be a national leader in the federal health care overhaul, on Thursday moved to become the first state to dump its troubled online health exchange and use the federal marketplace instead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Muscow

Noblesville, IN

#22 Apr 25, 2014
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what Bareback is saying is, liberals only have $605million invested in just websites, no insurance, no taxpayer funded subsides, JUST websites. But the Barebacks said there were 30million people without health insurance before obamacare. So, why didn't we just give each one without insurance $20.1million and let them buy some? Even under obamacare you can get a bronze plan for less than $20million. A truly progressive victory Bareback- congratulations.
;) U just waste of time with Barock with Barclays!!! ;-000 Barock Hu???????;-00h, Barock got a lot of Cheerliter!! mov on with Barest!! l)

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#23 Apr 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Protein shakes make you sleepy, it seems.
wow...you thought that up all by yourself?
soon you'll be feeding yourself AND tying your own shoes...

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#24 Apr 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know hard to talk with your boyfriend's sausage bouncing off your tonsils, RustyTrombone, but you work hard in learning how to speak for yourself before trying to to talk for others.
I understand you have had a lifetime of free care courtesy of the contagious diseases division of the county health department, but not everyone else has, including the 9million or so that have health care now.
As far as the Oregon site is concerned: a cost of $4-5 million is probably a better deal than the $70 million quote to replace the existing site.
Reach back there, Rusty, play that trombone for us.
So, Brokeback, you're bringing out your best progressive argument - Bush did it. At least try to explain how Obama spent $600million for a website so 30 million people could have health insurance.
777Dreamlearner

Noblesville, IN

#25 Apr 26, 2014
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Brokeback, you're bringing out your best progressive argument - Bush did it. At least try to explain how Obama spent $600million for a website so 30 million people could have health insurance.
U do c Baroke in Japan motor, Korea IT, can U guessing unitl 2016??????;-00

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#26 Apr 26, 2014
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Brokeback, you're bringing out your best progressive argument - Bush did it.
I thinking someone is choking off your air supply again, RustyTrombone.

Though I understand after six years of crying about Obama, you like to remember the good old days of the Bush recessions.

Location hidden

#27 Apr 26, 2014
RustyS wrote:
<At least try to explain how Obama spent $600million for a website so 30 million people could have health insurance.
I just remind people what a m/f c/s liar you are and we all can get together and laugh at your claim of a $600 million website.

The Left Coast

#28 Apr 27, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just remind people what a m/f c/s liar you are and we all can get together and laugh at your claim of a $600 million website.
The Washing Post - Update, Dec. 12: In testimony on Capitol Hill, Sebelius provided updated figures. She said that HHS had spent $319 million on the website through the end of October, though a total of $677 million has been obligated, meaning the amount could get that high if bills are submitted.

As you so eloquently put it, evidently Sebelius is the m/f c/s liar. On the bright side, Obama hired a Canadian firm to build the site so there is the added benefit of foreign diplomacy. The fact that a classmate of Michelle Obama was awarded the 'no bid' contract is not progressively important.

Location hidden

#29 Apr 27, 2014
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
The Washing Post - Update, Dec. 12: In testimony on Capitol Hill, Sebelius provided updated figures. She said that HHS had spent $319 million on the website through the end of October,
You told us $600 million.

Do let me know when you come up with a final figure that you can prove that is for the website and for the website alone, and then maybe you can find your way back to the topic, which was the cost of Oregon moving to use the federal website which Oregon says will be $5 million instead of $70 to replace the website it has now.

The Left Coast

#30 Apr 27, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You told us $600 million.
Do let me know when you come up with a final figure that you can prove that is for the website and for the website alone, and then maybe you can find your way back to the topic, which was the cost of Oregon moving to use the federal website which Oregon says will be $5 million instead of $70 to replace the website it has now.
Good point. Guess I have to up my number and go with the number the Obama agency head gave us of $677million. As far as Oregon maybe they should just go with e-Bay or Amazon. I thought about it progressively and still can't quite figure out why taxpayers had to spend $677million to help 30million people find health insurance. I mean that comes out to over $22.5million PER PERSON. Even for this administration that seems a little high. Your progressive insight might help Oregon save a couple dollars.

Location hidden

#31 Apr 27, 2014
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. Guess I have to up my number
Why don't you just say you don't know?

Sunlight Foundation says the actual cost of website construction is $70 million.

FOX News reported the cost to be $93 million one day and a few days later $600 million.

Other estimates put it at $125 million.

So why don't you just admit you don't know?

Maybe remember that the topic here is the fact Oregon is going to spend $5 million to go a the federal site rather than $70 million to replace the one they have.

Location hidden

#32 Apr 27, 2014
RustyS wrote:
I mean that comes out to over $22.5million PER PERSON.
Made up numbers mean nothing.

When you multiple made up numbers, they still mean nothing.

And downright silly and stupid.

Reach back there, RustyTrombone, reach and pull...

The Left Coast

#33 Apr 27, 2014
Bareback - Ya ya, Bush did it, liberals just want to help. We got it. Move on.
April fools

Noblesville, IN

#34 Apr 27, 2014
RustyS wrote:
Barock help find 777Dreamlearner!! what did Bush speeches? dont ask & dont tell!!!! ;-00h, Obamacare;) dont know & dont care i just rock inda Bar & drunking free beer from McBudlight!!!
;-0000
April fools

Noblesville, IN

#35 Apr 27, 2014
RustyS wrote:
and Barebook think April fool on the 1st?;-0000

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officials see potential in waterfront brownfield 39 min American Gentlema... 1
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerks who ref... 1 hr Wondering 9
News President takes victory lap on Supreme Court Ob... 3 hr Le Jimbo 4
News Supreme Court upholds Obamacare subsidies 5 hr Far Away 101
News Lewis Cold Case. Weston. Lewis County, West Vir... (Nov '13) 6 hr Sherlock 38
News How Bobby Jindal lost everything: A one-time GO... 6 hr Fred 2
News Oklahoma AG challenges EPA's clean-air plan 40 ... 7 hr litesong 2
More from around the web