Kellogg-Martin running for Family Cou...

Kellogg-Martin running for Family Court Judge

There are 132 comments on the Peak Of Ohio story from Feb 4, 2014, titled Kellogg-Martin running for Family Court Judge. In it, Peak Of Ohio reports that:

Kim Kellogg-Martin has announced that she will run for the position of Judge of the Logan County Common Pleas Court, Domestic Relations, Juvenile & Probate Divisions, more commonly known as Family Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Peak Of Ohio.

Lowdy

Fredericktown, OH

#84 Apr 24, 2014
I remember wrote:
<quoted text>
He was falsifying timecards. He had people clock in for him when he wasn't there at the plant. It was at the Marysville plant.
Again, no proof. Was he arrested for it? Was there an article written up about it that you can link to? It's easy to accuse someone of something but proving it is another story.
heNeverCrydWinOl YellrDied

Mount Vernon, OH

#85 Apr 24, 2014
Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.

~~ Elvis Presley
Lowdy

Fredericktown, OH

#86 Apr 24, 2014
heNeverCrydWinOlYellrDied wrote:
Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.
~~ Elvis Presley
So true!
mia here

Versailles, OH

#87 Apr 26, 2014
lets elect another f'in loser to our already messed up town. stop putting these criminals in office. this is our town not theirs. do the research on her the truth is shocking. besides anyone who parties with the sexual swinging couple like the kellogs is that who you want judging our children. tom scheider is just as big as an idiot. these are her friends totally incompetent d'bags. this bitc is worse than steve fansler and we know the caulk sucker he is.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#88 Apr 29, 2014
No one important wrote:
My vote will go to Bruce Lile because Dustin Wickersham is all blow and no go. Not voting for Vitale because he's from Cleveland and seems slippery.(Still debating between the other two) and not sure on the judge race either. Kim has more experience by far. I would rather see her run against Goslee for Common Pleas Court.
Kim is not qualified for a Judge position.
150k_lost

Bellefontaine, OH

#89 Apr 29, 2014
Spiderman wrote:
http://www.peakofohio.com/news /details.cfm?id=66680#.U1KGu1d R4zp
From the above article:
"In April 2012, an error was discovered by Director Bailey-Evans that LCJFS had not been accurately submitting requests for reimbursement for IV-D contract expenses from state/federal funds. From 2007 through early 2012, the agency had only been requesting 66 percent of that total. Federal law allows for a 24-month look back for corrective entries. The agency was recently reimbursed approximately $110,000 of those expenses. However, the prior three years worth were not able to be recovered totaling about $150,000."
Not necessarily a shining example of administrative awesomeness.
$150,000 could have accomplished quite a bit for Logan County. How could she feel deserving of an office when a department she ran failed to do its job?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#90 Apr 29, 2014
cohguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Kim is not qualified for a Judge position.
Why?
Team Kim FAIL

Mount Vernon, OH

#91 Apr 29, 2014
Wite_Out wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
She really seems quite incompetent on soooo many levels, I hope she got some type of discount on all those banners and sings.
Spiderman

Urbana, OH

#92 Apr 30, 2014
Wite_Out wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
If you listen to her talk (in the debate, for example) she seems to be more about emotion than logic or reason.

With her at the helm, CSEA failed to recoup $150,000.

30 years of experience? So what? What's better - 30 years and not practicing for a few years or 10 or 15 years of continuous practicing?

She does have a lot of signs though.
oligopoly guy

Mount Vernon, OH

#93 May 1, 2014
Team Kim FAIL wrote:
<quoted text>She really seems quite incompetent on soooo many levels, I hope she got some type of discount on all those banners and sings.
"Team Kim FAIL"..........HeHeeHeeee ee
Interesting

Bellefontaine, OH

#94 May 1, 2014
Bellefontaine Examiner Forum today....Gerald Heaton (who has worked with all 3 of the Republican candidates) endorsed Dan LaRoche stating he is best suited for the job.

Kim will be happy with that one...
That is interesting

Mansfield, OH

#95 May 2, 2014
Interesting wrote:
Bellefontaine Examiner Forum today....Gerald Heaton (who has worked with all 3 of the Republican candidates) endorsed Dan LaRoche stating he is best suited for the job.
Letters to the editor from friends are one thing, a letter from someone who worked with all 3 tells you something, doesn't it?
Spiderman

Urbana, OH

#96 May 2, 2014
Lowdy wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, no proof. Was he arrested for it? Was there an article written up about it that you can link to? It's easy to accuse someone of something but proving it is another story.
No, he was not arrested and an article would not be written about it. Her husband's past should have no bearing on the election.

There are articles regarding the CSEA, under KKM's leadership, failing to recoup $150,000 and that matters more to me.
Tea party fraud

Bellefontaine, OH

#97 May 2, 2014
Interesting wrote:
Jerry Heaton was a lazy prosecutor for about the last 15 years of his prosecuting. His word means nothing to me. Why did he select Kim Kellogg Martin and Erick Stewart to be his Chief Assistant Prosecutors and not Dan LaRoche? hmmmm maybe because he knew they would do all the work while he didn't do anything. FAIL! I wouldn't vote for anyone that Jerry Heaton supports.
Duke Dy-Nasty

Mount Gilead, OH

#98 May 2, 2014
Lowdy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Dynasty to provide some proof. He's obviously got a grudge.
I have no grudge. You really shouldn't interject your thoughts and opinions onto others merely because you do not know. That is your shortcoming, not anyone else's.
Honda fires people on a continual basis who do not meet their expectations which includes many reasons. Typically when one is fired for criminal behavior, they simply allow the person to quit and go away rather than bring it to the attention of the public which is what occurred in this case. Therefore there are no press releases or public outcry over his demise as a Honda associate. Whether you chose to believe or not is your choice, but that does not alter the facts. I said to whomever to ask her and let her respond to the character of the man she married and has children with. It is her problem and those who will vote for her. I merely state that he was fired for behavior deemed criminal by the ORC. I am not going to do your dirty work simply because I know and pointed out that I know.
If you really want to know, ask her or him, but you really don't want to know the truth or you would have asked all ready. Most who have been at Honda for a while know and ask around if you do not have enough balls to ask them. It is pretty much public knowledge to anyone who worked there then why he was fired.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#99 May 2, 2014
Spiderman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he was not arrested and an article would not be written about it. Her husband's past should have no bearing on the election.
There are articles regarding the CSEA, under KKM's leadership, failing to recoup $150,000 and that matters more to me.
Her husbands past has a bearing on the election because that is a clear representation of her associations. What he did at Honda was steal from the company. Honda does not turn those issues over for prosecution. It is handled internally but regardless it is stealing from the company.
I agree the issue of not recovering the $150,000 at CSEA is a bigger issue. It is more evidence of incompetence on her part.
oligopoly guy

Mount Vernon, OH

#100 May 2, 2014
Spiderman wrote:
<quoted text>
power couple :::::the most common type of power couple is between a male athlete and an actress and/or singer, A couple who seems to have a fairy tale romance. In a power couple, if one person is flawed, the other person makes up for their weaknesses in strength.

bizzyboddy

Bellefontaine, OH

#101 May 3, 2014
mia here wrote:
lets elect another f'in loser to our already messed up town. stop putting these criminals in office. this is our town not theirs. do the research on her the truth is shocking. besides anyone who parties with the sexual swinging couple like the kellogs is that who you want judging our children. tom scheider is just as big as an idiot. these are her friends totally incompetent d'bags. this bitc is worse than steve fansler and we know the caulk sucker he is.
What a potty mouth you are.!!
Spiderman

Urbana, OH

#102 May 3, 2014
Tea party fraud wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerry Heaton was a lazy prosecutor for about the last 15 years of his prosecuting. His word means nothing to me. Why did he select Kim Kellogg Martin and Erick Stewart to be his Chief Assistant Prosecutors and not Dan LaRoche? hmmmm maybe because he knew they would do all the work while he didn't do anything. FAIL! I wouldn't vote for anyone that Jerry Heaton supports.
So you like Heaton's judgement in picking a Chief Prosecutor, but not a Judge.

Looking back at the history of the position, it seems to go to the person who was there the longest.
Spiderman

Urbana, OH

#103 May 3, 2014
cohguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Her husbands past has a bearing on the election because that is a clear representation of her associations. What he did at Honda was steal from the company. Honda does not turn those issues over for prosecution. It is handled internally but regardless it is stealing from the company.
I agree the issue of not recovering the $150,000 at CSEA is a bigger issue. It is more evidence of incompetence on her part.
You are correct, of course. I just think we can count KKM out on her own "merits".

You do have to admit, she is "Determined". If I lost $150,000 of the county's money, I'd move, not stick around and think I'm worthy of handling more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shirley man seeks appeal of his 2010 murder con... 21 min Say what 3
News US proposes lowering required amount of ethanol... 38 min serfs up 13
News EPA says first day of oil spill spent 'planning' 1 hr xplode 1
News Duggar Scandal Should Prompt TLC To Help Fight ... 3 hr Mary 2
News City administrator aims to put TIF issue to rest 6 hr chalupa1 6
News Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) 8 hr Cher1228 1,210
News Charges filed in Victorville teen slaying (Jul '09) 8 hr highdesertagent 32
More from around the web