Ted Cruz faux filibuster goes on as Senate readies spending bill vote

Sep 25, 2013 Full story: CBS News 623

Congress continued its steady march toward a possible government shutdown Tuesday with another round of posturing, but little action to keep the government running past next Monday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 32
Next Last
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#1 Sep 25, 2013
Senator Cruz should have read the 4,700 page Obama care bill. That would have given us some idea what the Democrats have done. Not one Republican voted for Obama care, so when you get screwed with the new rules, remember who gave you this mess. You will pay double, and triple premiums, and with your new part time job it will be tough. But hey, keep voting Democrat, and we can all be on the dole. Then who will pay for our free ride?
sandy1

New City, NY

#2 Sep 25, 2013
God Bless Sen.Ted Cruz. He is the voice for "We The People" against the obama regime.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#3 Sep 25, 2013
Yes, we need 99 more just like him in the Senate. Senator Cruz is speaking for real Americans everywhere.
sandy1

New City, NY

#4 Sep 25, 2013
The 99 more will arrive in 2014.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#5 Sep 25, 2013
In an ObamaRebuttal he wants people to Trust Him, but the Waivers are still there for his friends.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#6 Sep 25, 2013
canadian rafael cruz is, as peter king (R-NY) put it, a fraud, that has done nothing in the Senate. How fitting that this racist jessie helms lover would ramble on about 'white' castle hamburgers during his snuz-a-thon.
sandy1

New City, NY

#7 Sep 25, 2013
Obama is a pathological liar, anybody that still buys into his bs needs their head examined.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#8 Sep 25, 2013
Senator Cruz must be doing something right. He has the liberal's attention. They wouldn't bother if he wasn't effective.
Eric L

AOL

#9 Sep 25, 2013
Sure, The same elitist Cruz who wouldn't study with anyone unless they graduated from Harvard, Yale, or Princeton as an undergrad. Cruz is so dumb that he thinks that Chamberlain was negotiating with Hitler in the 1940s. Cruz also missed the historical facts that Chamberlain was not completely naive: Britain missed the opportunity to stop the Nazis during the Rhineland crisis and the failure of stopping them at the Sudetenland virtually made the fall of Czechoslovakia a fait accompli, with or without a treaty or war. Chamberlain likely knew that the Germans could take Skoda and negotiated the Czech treaty not merely to avert war, but buy time to rearm Britain if and when Germany did violate the Munich treaty, using Poland as the ally that Britain wouldn't negotiate partition/annexation with Germany over. Of course, comparing Obamacare to the Nazis is simply beyond stupid as it is. Ironically, Cruz also failed to mention that Chamberlain himself was a conservative.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#10 Sep 25, 2013
He's doing nothing right. mooch mcconnell and switcheroo cornyn are against him, to name a few of the cons that won't support him.

hahahahahahahahahaha
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#11 Sep 25, 2013
canadian born rafael cruz is described as 'creepy, by those who knew him in college.

..'Cruz’s habit of donning a paisley bathrobe and walking to the opposite end of their dorm’s hallway where the female students lived.'

“I would end up fielding the [girls’] complaints:'Could you please keep your roommate out of our hallway?'" Mazin says.

He was a masterdebater way back then.

hahahahahahahahaha
Eric L

AOL

#12 Sep 25, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
He's doing nothing right. mooch mcconnell and switcheroo cornyn are against him, to name a few of the cons that won't support him.
hahahahahahahahahaha
McConnell's and Cornyn's reactions are quite amusing to me for they realize that Cruz is an arrogent, pretentious, know it all youngster playing a worthless political stunt allegedly for the benefit of Cruz. In the end, it simply makes Cruz and the GOP look like idiots. The more Cruz speaks, the more dumb things come out of his mouth, and Cruz is neither smart,humble,or sane enough to realize how damaging it all is. I'd bet that Snopes server would crash if they had to analyse all the crap that Cruz spews.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#13 Sep 25, 2013
Eric L wrote:
<quoted text>
McConnell's and Cornyn's reactions are quite amusing to me for they realize that Cruz is an arrogent, pretentious, know it all youngster playing a worthless political stunt allegedly for the benefit of Cruz. In the end, it simply makes Cruz and the GOP look like idiots. The more Cruz speaks, the more dumb things come out of his mouth, and Cruz is neither smart,humble,or sane enough to realize how damaging it all is. I'd bet that Snopes server would crash if they had to analyse all the crap that Cruz spews.
All this bluster by canadian born rafael cruz, is his tryout for the racist heritage foundation. After embracing jessie helms, he's a shoe in. And in teabagger fashion, he'll quit the Senate and walk away.
Eric L

AOL

#14 Sep 25, 2013
canadian born rafael cruz is described as 'creepy, by those who knew him in college.
..'Cruz’s habit of donning a paisley bathrobe and walking to the opposite end of their dorm’s hallway where the female students lived.'
“I would end up fielding the [girls’] complaints:'Could you please keep your roommate out of our hallway?'" Mazin says.
He was a masterdebater way back then.
hahahahahahahahaha
The GOP was looking for a Tea Party "hero" and all they got was another sociopathic narcissist in the Joe McCarthy mould.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#15 Sep 25, 2013
Eric L wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP was looking for a Tea Party "hero" and all they got was another sociopathic narcissist in the Joe McCarthy mould.
big mac turned to alcohol because no one listened to him and choose to croak by acute hepatitis. Expect the same from this teabagging loner.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#16 Sep 25, 2013
hahahahahahahahahaha
Not ready for ComedyCentral, I smell panic from the left.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#17 Sep 25, 2013
Cruz represents the people more than any politician I have seen. He is doing what he has promised he would do. He is focused on the reason he was sent there. Regardless if you agree with him, other politicians just want their own personal gain and forget who and why there were sent there.

The others politicians should take note of such an honorable man. It's a rare sight.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#18 Sep 25, 2013
Canon wrote:
Cruz represents the people more than any politician I have seen. He is doing what he has promised he would do. He is focused on the reason he was sent there. Regardless if you agree with him, other politicians just want their own personal gain and forget who and why there were sent there.
The others politicians should take note of such an honorable man. It's a rare sight.
He represents the jessie helms loving racists.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#19 Sep 25, 2013
sandy1 wrote:
The 99 more will arrive in 2014.
LOL...you're not really clear on how this works...
LoLbama

Fitchburg, MA

#20 Sep 25, 2013
Nothing to be accomplished at this point. It's on the books. Done.

All the FSA backers (that's Free Shit Army) that wanted this should now get it, good & hard. Tough shit to the unions who are now back peddling. You wanted it, you got. Shield people from the consequences of their actions & they won't learn a damn thing. Full throttle this sucker & ram it down their throats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 32
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
N.C. Dunkin' Donuts bakery sued for religious d... 32 min Shane Rohrich 127
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... 4 hr Here Is One 27
Domestic violence likely more frequent for same... 6 hr Gremlin 17
Accused Embezzler Sopko Back on Oak Forest Payr... 6 hr Rich S 19
What life is like for Casey Anthony 13 hr Lon Spector 246
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... (Feb '14) 13 hr Lon Spector 301
Middle School Band Teacher Bridgett Szychulski ... 17 hr Don Thomas 1
•••

Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••