Erie police to use e-mail to avoid missing hearings

Apr 20, 2013 Full story: Erie Times News 8

The Erie Bureau of Police is getting ready to use e-mail and more traditional forms of communication to help ensure that its officers appear at court hearings.

Full Story
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Apr 21, 2013

ha, ha,ha,ha

Erie City Council members spent the morning doing a line-by-line review of the proposed 2012 Erie budget,

a $60.8 million plan that,

if enacted, would add $165 to the taxes paid by the owner of a $100,000 home.

They didn't cut much.

"We're not making any progress at all," said Councilman Pat Cappabianca,

At one point, tempers flared.

"We go through this process every year," Councilman Curtis Jones said, trying to calm the table.

"Bang, bang, bang.

What we really have to do is figure out how to work this out."

The Erie Bureau of Police is getting ready to use e-mail

My Gawd!!!!

$20,602,402.00

For 173 cops??
Doug

Waterford, PA

#2 Apr 21, 2013
It saves the taxpayers money when the police miss the hearings. The US has too many people in prison already. Prisons are a big business and we need to stop putting non-violent criminals in jail. I hope more of the police miss their hearings and the judges throw out the charges.
Lol

Erie, PA

#3 Apr 21, 2013
So emails are their big plan lol. So emails and the internet have been around how long????? And this is going to fix everything and stop the crime. Maybe the dog wardens can take over lol
Nasty

Erie, PA

#4 Apr 21, 2013
It's Erie. It doesn't matter anymore.
citizen

Erie, PA

#5 Apr 21, 2013
how does the chief get in touch with his officers when he wants to speak with one?

e-mail, regular mail, wait til he shows up for work?

how do they get in touch with the officers when they need overtime? THEY USE THE PHONE!!!!

that's how you notify them for a court hearing and mail the notice to their house, call them the night before and the day of the hearing.

what else does the shift commander have to do?

if a cop gets the subpoena and ignores it, you hold them in contempt of court. that's what would happen with us.
truthful

Marlborough, MA

#6 Apr 23, 2013
What a joke....these cops should be fired! Going to court is part of their job! Chris Janis is a joke!
Nasty

Erie, PA

#7 Apr 24, 2013
truthful wrote:
What a joke....these cops should be fired! Going to court is part of their job! Chris Janis is a joke!
Union my friend, union. You can't fire these guys for allowing criminals to go free ! What's wrong with you ?
Doug

Waterford, PA

#8 Jun 11, 2013
If they locked up all the criminals, what would they have to do? Krispy cream only has so many doughnuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 57 min grave digger 303
Domestic violence likely more frequent for same... 2 hr eJohn 16
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... 2 hr Here Is One 18
Police practice of recording protests questioned 3 hr ApePeeD 1
Susan Frederick-Gray v. Joe Arpaio 4 hr dirtbag1958 26
Davis addresses strip club incident 4 hr Marc 1
N.C. Dunkin' Donuts bakery sued for religious d... 5 hr DANNO 82
•••

Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE