Your turn

Your turn

There are 10 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 28, 2007, titled Your turn. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Citizens talk about issues that concern them during The People's Agenda Town Hall at the Statehouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Jeff

United States

#1 Jan 28, 2007
Hey Carol,
Get a job... Quit expecting the state to take care of you
Jay

United States

#2 Jan 28, 2007
Renee Deaton: This would be the first vaccine required of children for a disease that is not spread through the air or casual contact. The State lacks the authority to enforce this, on religious grounds.

Caroline Peterson: In IPS, which produces a lot of criminals, we spend about $10,000 per kid per year. How much more does it take ?

Sally Park: Where the heck do you get your numbers ?

Joanna Hollis-Carter: It's not the state's role to create jobs. You would want Cuba, it's south of here.

Mike Zulich works for the ISTA: Educators already make too much money. In IPS, the average teacher makes $51000 for 186 days work. That's far more than an RN, which requires a REAL degree.

Rev. Melvin Jackson: Where were you when the mayor decided to build the a new sstadium for the Colts ?
Bill

Royal Oak, MI

#3 Jan 28, 2007
Caroline Peterson-stop the madness please! This sound bite mind you have is killing people, literally. If money was the ANSWER we would have no crime, duh. How bout we try removing the scum fom society so we can live in peace. Crime is a choice, not a disease caught by casual contact.
Sally Park-yeah, just make stuff up. If NY City has 3,500 total and they know the number and most by name,how is this possible? How about you try the truth? I am tired of liberal spin.
Joanna Hollis-Carter GOV Mitch is working as hard as he can to overcome years of liberal ideas. All your GOVmt can do for its citizens is give them opportunity. If they drink, drop out of school, have kids, do drugs it is THEIR fault!
Free enterprise works, GOV does not. Get a clue.
Rev Jackson-You also are killing people, literally. Do you know why I do not do crime? Cause I KNOW that it has consequences. They had the choice-they choose wrong, now they have to suffer. If we reward felons what is the point of following the law? Honest citizens are sick of crimminals, judges, politicians, and lost minds like yours that are rewarding crime.
Karon Williams-How about you demand that every nickel of welfare goes to individuals that are not able bodied, illegal aliens, professional poor, fakers, liars, etc. There is more than enough money, the PROBLEM is that the real poor are run over by the fake poor! Get a clue please.
Bill

Royal Oak, MI

#4 Jan 28, 2007
last but not least/Carol Swartz- I am sorry that you were abused. Making a career out of it is killing you. Being a victim is the very worst thing that a human being can be. Living off of the GOV is the second worst thing that a human can do. Working/accomplishment is the best medicine for humans. Get off your butt and make a life for yourself.
Always hear about these broken GOV systems-then in the next sentence I read about idiots wanting more..........please, think, GOV is the problem and not the solution!
We live in a free country-free to make mistakes-free to achieve. Stop choosing wrong.
Nishnabe

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Jan 28, 2007
Bill,

Nice of you to take shots at citizens in Indiana from Michigan. Were you at the forum to voice these concerns? I think not. Remember you from the attacks you made on the students at IUPUI. Govt should get out of your life? You would be at home. No roads. Out of work. No job development. And no TV or computer, subsidies of the telecom industry. Turn off those simplistic right-wing nut jobs infecting your mind (hannity/boortz/dumbaugh and jingoistic slogans for complex issues. You might come up with something more than two word sign slogans.
Weird

Redford, MI

#7 Feb 2, 2007
Sally - 5000 more homeless than last year? Where the heck are these numbers coming from? I work w/ the homeless daily and can tell you that this is utter BS.
Ozark Bob

AOL

#8 Feb 7, 2007
Holier that Thou people.
Jail nurse refuses to give a woman a morning after pill after being raped, because it is against the nurse's religion. We all love those Holier than Thou People.
hmm

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Feb 21, 2007
Jeff, where do you get the 51K figure? The starting salary is 24K.
To make 51K a teacher has to have many years of experience and a Masters Degree.

By the way...somone with a "Fake" degree taught you.....
hmm

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Feb 21, 2007
Sorry...Jeff...that was to Jay...
Pollyanna

Carrollton, TX

#11 Feb 25, 2007
Thanks Mike Zulich for speaking out about the lack of education funding. For too long the state has cut away at ed funding while mandates keep raise the bar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Bay teacher arrested in child sex case ha... 16 min ivonkla luverr 3
News High court ponders greenhouse gases rules (Nov '06) 11 hr Reality Speaks 3
News Ryan eyes ban of ICE agents from state court de... 11 hr tomin cali 1
News 5 Insights From Comey's Memoir: Ex-FBI Chief Bl... 12 hr Lawrence Wolf 11
News Mitt Romney Fails to Bypass Utah Primary for U.... 12 hr mr gleeble 3
News Catawba DA finds Sheriff candidate Jason Reid n... (Oct '17) 13 hr MeJustMe 16
News Appetite for opioids never sates despite busts 13 hr MaryAnne 9