U.S. Senate Republicans feud over def...

U.S. Senate Republicans feud over defunding 'Obamacare'

There are 6 comments on the AlertNet story from Jul 30, 2013, titled U.S. Senate Republicans feud over defunding 'Obamacare'. In it, AlertNet reports that:

A nasty, name-calling spat between Tea Party conservatives and older, more moderate Republican senators is playing out in public this week, fueling a battle over the best way to kill President Barack Obama's landmark healthcare law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AlertNet.

CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#1 Jul 30, 2013
Sometimes you wonder why people miss the obvious.

If the Republicans want Obamacare overturned by the Supreme Court, force the Supreme Court Justices to use the healthcare exchanges.

The justices would take the time to read it this time and would find many unconstitutional things in it.

I bet it would be overturned within a week.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2 Jul 30, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
Sometimes you wonder why people miss the obvious.
If the Republicans want Obamacare overturned by the Supreme Court, force the Supreme Court Justices to use the healthcare exchanges.
The justices would take the time to read it this time and would find many unconstitutional things in it.
I bet it would be overturned within a week.
so what's your plan to get basic health care to all our citizens?
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#3 Aug 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so what's your plan to get basic health care to all our citizens?
Price controls.

Unfortunately, bringing the Federal government into the matter increases the price for services, drugs, etc.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#4 Aug 1, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Price controls.
Unfortunately, bringing the Federal government into the matter increases the price for services, drugs, etc.
so you want the federal gov't to control the health care industry...
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#5 Aug 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you want the federal gov't to control the health care industry...
No. I want the states to implement price controls and I want to end the US government process of repeatedly extending drug manufacturer's ability to prevent generic drugs to be created. To get big pharma's support of his healthcare plan, Obama sold out the American people; he increased big pharma's ability to prevent generic drugs from getting into the United States.

Likewise, Americans pay significantly more for the same drug, same brand than it cost overseas. That's because the Feds allow big pharma to boost their prices here in the US so they can continue to research more drugs.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#6 Aug 1, 2013
When RepubliCANTs attack.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 23 min Patriot AKA Bozo 1,681
News JonBenet Ramsey's family fires back, threatens ... (Mar '17) 2 hr Texxy 3
News Tupelo admits fault in police pay probe 5 hr Rainy Day Fund 5
News Man hospitalized after allegedly abusing girlfr... (Aug '10) 12 hr TIHALEFEVRE 32
News Washington County Prosecutor Kevin Rings under ... 20 hr Brian 4
News Trump Renominates Lesbian to EEOC, and the Righ... 22 hr Europhobia 14
News Court Decision Could Force Changes To ATF's Und... Sat Jackie Fenaroli 1
More from around the web