Letter about shooting Korean War refu...

Letter about shooting Korean War refugees went undisclosed

There are 9 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 15, 2007, titled Letter about shooting Korean War refugees went undisclosed. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Six years after declaring the U.S. killing of Korean War refugees at No Gun Ri was "not deliberate," the Army has acknowledged it found but did not divulge that a high-level document said the U.S. military had ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Mary Vincent

Burlington, Canada

#1 Apr 17, 2007
It is imperative that this is made right. It is imperative that all such incidents are dealt with immediately. War brings out the best and the worst in people. We expected the worst from enemies. We expect the best from Americans, but it will never happen without constant reminders that compassion of the innocent must remain or the country loses. As a Canadian--with a husband who spent thirty years in the militairy, two sons who are in the police force, and a career of my own that was thirty years in penitentiaries--both women and mens, we must believe that the reason for being there is worth it---or don't be there. The truth is, even allies are leary of fighting with Americans because of the 'cowboy mentality' of pilots.
Mary Vincent

Burlington, Canada

#2 Apr 17, 2007
Even this many years later, the Pentagon must do right. War brings out the worst and the best--but never can there be justification for killing the old, innocent and children of the country your supposedly saving. If officers don't exhibit right and wrong and demand the same from their men,what changes in the world they are fighting for. American pilots have the reputation for being cowboys with arrogance and have also killed many allied soldiers. They sometimes treat human beings as if they were ducks in a midway game. Just like Third Reich pilots did.
kicken

Hollywood, FL

#3 Apr 23, 2007
nice.
Kirk

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 Apr 23, 2007
Yes the U.S. comitted autrocities in the Korean war, the North Koreans showcase that(and even manipulate it). But what about the North Koreans autrocities against the South, and it's own people? It is getting to a point here in the states where many are asking each other in secret if we should just pull out of that whole peninsula. If America does leave, it is more likely that the diminutive North Koreans will storm the south and rape its women and kill their men. They already know now that Seoul is a thriving city and not a city of starving beggars as they have been told all their lives. South Korean dramas are being filtered into the north via china and even most residents of Pyongyang have seen that South Korea is fertile. It is said that every North Korean male dreams of impregnating a women from the south. In their minds they think that South Korean women would love to have it happen. Even though North Korean males may look like children in the eyes of South Korean females.
Steady

Brick, NJ

#5 Apr 23, 2007
You sound very stupid!!! We have only 20,000
troops in S. Korea now, compare to more than half a million South Korean military men. You don't know what the hell you are talking about so shut your mouth. You only make an ass out of yourself. We almost has no mission in S. Korea at this time. Just keeping up with Afghanistan and Iraq, we have stretched our Army to the max. On your comment about the North Korean Army would rape the S. Korean women, you must be in sane. I am not Korean but I know for sure that they will not depend on the U.S. to defend their country. Go and look at S. Korea now and you will see that it's as good and advanced as Japan. Take you head out of your ass dumb-bell! I stationed there recently and I know!
Kirk wrote:
Yes the U.S. comitted autrocities in the Korean war, the North Koreans showcase that(and even manipulate it). But what about the North Koreans autrocities against the South, and it's own people? It is getting to a point here in the states where many are asking each other in secret if we should just pull out of that whole peninsula. If America does leave, it is more likely that the diminutive North Koreans will storm the south and rape its women and kill their men. They already know now that Seoul is a thriving city and not a city of starving beggars as they have been told all their lives. South Korean dramas are being filtered into the north via china and even most residents of Pyongyang have seen that South Korea is fertile. It is said that every North Korean male dreams of impregnating a women from the south. In their minds they think that South Korean women would love to have it happen. Even though North Korean males may look like children in the eyes of South Korean females.
Steady

Brick, NJ

#6 Apr 23, 2007
As to the autrocities you mentioned. It did happen according to witnesses from our side. Bad things happen during war, any war, and they often occur on both sides! People, women, and children are shot or killed should they happen to be in the line of fire. That is that!
Letmehelp-too

O Fallon, MO

#7 Jun 18, 2008
bump
mike

Monterey, CA

#8 Apr 25, 2010
I have read the BBC news report that said

sgt who opened the machine at the command of threatening pistol shot from the Cpt. that time
now cry over the incidence at night. It's said
tha the sgt has difficult time sleeping at night.
That was reported in BBC several years ago.
One night I was coming back from eve. school, there
were two GI who must had bad eve. out spat at me
and the tall black guy(GI) shove me into the ditch.
around 10PM. That was behind the Yongsan military post. Don't tell me that black guys were not as bad
as white guys.
wann

Monterey, CA

#9 Apr 25, 2010
I have read the BBC news report that said

sgt who opened the machine at the command of threatening pistol shot from the Cpt. that time
now cry over the incidence at night. It's said
tha the sgt has difficult time sleeping at night.
That was reported in BBC several years ago.
One night I was coming back from eve. school, there
were two GI who must had bad eve. out spat at me
and the tall black guy(GI) shoved me into the ditch.
around 10PM. That was behind the Yongsan military post. Don't tell me that black guys were not as bad
as white guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pohang, South Korea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This New Fuel Cell Tech Could Power Your Phone ... Mar '16 Solarman 1
News Guangzhou to face Wanderers in ACL quarterfinals (May '14) May '14 Ainu 1
News Koreas trade fire; island residents in shelters (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jane 1
News NKorea warns of tensions over US-SKorea war games (Jan '14) Jan '14 petertrapasso 1
News Australian troops join S. Korea-U.S. landing drill (Apr '13) Apr '13 Ahomana 14
PoHang K-3 Employees, 1955-1956 (Mar '13) Mar '13 US Marine Bob 1
News New naval muscle for the Philippines (Oct '11) Oct '11 Givemeliberty 8
More from around the web