South Korea's Bloody Secret

South Korea's Bloody Secret

There are 3 comments on the Hartford Courant story from May 19, 2008, titled South Korea's Bloody Secret. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

With U.S. military officers sometimes present, and as North Korean invaders pushed down the peninsula, the southern army and police emptied South Korean prisons, lined up detainees and shot them in the head, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Lawrence Klein

United States

#1 May 20, 2008
I never learned about Gen. Douglas MacArthur in this way in high school history class. Shocking. No wonder our government is despised in many parts of the world. Killing innocent civilians? It thus should be no surprise to us that the atrocities continue in Abu ghraib prison, Guantanamo imprisonment without trial, C.I.A. torture in operation "Rendition," and in the future where the U.S. Government now builds a 40 acre prison in Baghdad for more waterboarding. I am ashamed and outraged what our government has done and continues to do, all in the name of bringing "freedom and democracy" abroad.
George Patton

Mesquite, NV

#2 May 23, 2008
Take our troops out of korea and put them on our boarders ! If the com my
students in the south think communism
is a better life, let them experience
it first hand !
If it gets to far out of hand nuke the whole country !

Killeen, TX

#3 Jun 6, 2008
About the whole abu ghuraib thing.... what you said hamden is not so correct.... you are talking to an interrogator right now.... say for example you are in the army and you are trained with your team and than next thing you know your ambushed by these so called terrorist and your the only one that escapes... your team squad whatever is not dead and than a few days later you catch the enemy and learn that they tortured and beat the shit out of and killed your men, tell me, is what happened in abu G really bad or is it just one mans oppinion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyongsang-Namdo, South Korea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Funeral services announced for man whose body w... Sep '16 LA not secure 1
News Pianos to sizzle at chamber music series (Jan '15) Jan '15 Clear Dharma 2
News Ho Chi Minh City troupe to perform in US (Oct '14) Oct '14 vc will disappear... 1
News Two Koreas, Three Navies (May '14) May '14 John 1
News A Forced Rethink (Mar '14) Mar '14 Clear Dharma 1
News Pains of Being Pure at Heart Squeeze Into Spanx... (Feb '14) Feb '14 loot 1
News Gas Buyers Poised to Commit on South Korea Atom... (Oct '13) Oct '13 BDV 1
More from around the web