never take a polygraph without an att...

never take a polygraph without an attorney

Posted in the Knoxville Forum

M Campbell

Fort Campbell, TN

#1 Oct 8, 2010
My name is Misty Campbell, and this is my story to my facebook page. I live in Campbell County.
I want everyone to know something that has happened to me. This is serious. I will not go into much detail being as it is still in progress. From the months of Feb - July, I helped take an elderly lady to the Dr, store etc. During that time, she wrote me a series of 4 checks. Now, she says she did not write them to me. There is evidence at the bank video of where she is with me at the bank cashing one of those, so then it was dropped to 3. I always wrote my name on them, and she wrote the rest with the exception of one time where she wrote her first middle name and asked me to finish her last - she was present and asked me too. The checks totalled $193.00 She is 77 years old and has severe dementia.
I was approached by a Campbell County Sheriff Department Detective about the matter, and I asked for a polygraph. I know that these are not admissible in court, but they seemed to be a helpful tool from what I've understood on TV shows and being from a law enforcement background.
I was tested and failed. I was devastated. I did not understand how it could have happened, then I googled "Innocent people who fail polygraphs" Not many people will go on a social website and talk about this, but I do not want anyone to ever go through this again. I have requested a forensic handwriting analysis. Whether they do it, I don't know. The detectives were more than courteous and helpful to me actually. It was the polygraph examiner that scared the wits out of me. He told me if I didnt cooperate I would be charged with 3 counts forgery and 3 counts theft. Even Det. Brandon Elkins said he thought I was innocent until the test. If I'd had an attorney with me, none of this would have happened. But, when someone is innocent, naturally they (me) thinks, I will get in and out of there and go back to my daily life. Since the test and other things that they accused me off, I've racked my brain trying to remember anything I could have done to be guilty - was I going crazy? Did I have some sort of mental episode to make me do this? That's one reason I have "begged" for forensic handwriting analysis. I would never ever jeopordize my career, family, church and job over $193.00. I do not have the funds for a high power attorney to fight this. I've asked Det. Brandon Elkins for a forensic handwriting analysis, but no reply yet. At present time, I am not charged with anything. But, I am looking for it.
My only advice to people is to never ever go to questioning without an attorney. Don't think because your innocent everything will be ok. It will not. And this has propelled me to go back to school and make sure no one ever has to go through this again.
Please read the following article clips from the previous "notes" I've posted...Senate Jud Committee "For an innocent person to pass, he must be more worried about answering a question about a traffic violation than about espionage. However, it is obvious to everyone which of these two questions is more important. Even though innocent, being asked about espionage is likely to be upsetting because your patriotism is being challenged and because your response to this question determines your future employment. The consequences of being physiologically aroused to a question about espionage are grave even for innocent people; that is why they would be expected to fail polygraph tests in large numbers when the tests are scored in the standard way. In fact, the best studies of polygraph tests, using real-life cases and published in top scientific journals, find that innocent people fare little better than chance on these tests, with 40% or more failing on average.This explains why large numbers of FBI applicants fail pre-employment "
LOGIC PLEASE

Sevierville, TN

#2 Oct 9, 2010
I have better advice.NEVER take a lie test.
You forgot your basic position.
Innocent,till PROVEN guilty.
Why you allowed them to treat you like a criminal,is beyond me.
A honest person has nothing to prove,or defend.
Only answer questions in a public place.The police department is not a public place.
You see,anything the "tester" said,is subject to denial.
He/she could have even had a biased position on you before you sat down.
Remember,,,TRUST IN GOD ONLY.
M Campbell

Fort Campbell, TN

#3 Oct 9, 2010
I went into it with trust...i knew this cops i live in a rural area. I knew I was innocent. I felt like I didn't have anything to defend myself from
M Campbell

Fort Campbell, TN

#4 Oct 9, 2010
I have contacted the ACLU
LOGIC PLEASE

Knoxville, TN

#5 Oct 10, 2010
What you forgot is that the cops are paid NOT to trust.
Lafollette has gobs of pawn shops.There is a reason for that.Besides,you could live in the woods,and the cops would follow a complaint,with suspicious eyes.
That's their job.
If you are not a minority,good luck with the ACLU.
They tend to buzy themselves with headlines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone in Knoxville voting for Lying Hillary Cl... 3 hr Just Saying 51
Freda valentine 4 hr Amy 1
Who is into Pyschic 6 hr Readingsareintere... 4
News Parents want answers in alleged student paddling (Mar '08) 6 hr ThomasA 3
Gangs In Knoxville 22 hr stuart 9
Any places that buy used Rolex watches? (Oct '12) Thu Galileo 7
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) Thu Galileo 139

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance