Local Man

Clinton, TN

#1 Apr 30, 2012
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Ruby Tuesdays on Clinton Hwy is getting some really nasty waitresses. I used to think of Ruby's as a nice middle/upper scale place to eat. However judging by the looks of some of the girls lately I'm not sure if I really want them handling my food. They look as if they would be better suited for MTM. Doubt I'll go back to that particular one anytime soon.
golly

Chattanooga, TN

#2 May 1, 2012
And what is wrong with MTM's?
Local Man

Clinton, TN

#3 May 1, 2012
There is nothing wrong with MTM's, however, when I go to a restaurant I'd prefer clean looking individuals hadndling my food. Not some girl that looks like she's been in a back alley snorting pills off a trashcan lid. There's a place for everything and if we were in a bar where that type is expected to work then so be it but restaurants are not the place for "those" types.
Dandridge TN

Chesterfield, MO

#4 May 1, 2012
Ruby Tuesdays changed some time ago. Cheap food and poor help is what I expect. It's the reason I no longer eat there.
the word

Hendersonville, TN

#5 May 1, 2012
I have noticed this in most ruby tuesdays restaurants. The one in fountain city and the one in straw plains both are like that. my cousin knew someone that worked at rubys and said druggies worked there and sold pills to eachother. Its sad to see what I thought was a good place to dine.
stacyb

Hendersonville, TN

#6 May 1, 2012
I agree. I only been to the one in straw plains and on chapman hwy. Wasn't impressed at all. both places had people who reeked of marijuana. I even heard one employee talkin to another bout pills. SERIOUSLY? I dont see the franchise lasting long with stuff like this.
tn_vol_lady

Hendersonville, TN

#7 May 6, 2012
I agree on the straw plains rubys. horrible service and served by skeezer drug loving servers with no repect for customers. I could even hear employees cursing and playing around in the back. Someone should complain to someone.
haha

Hendersonville, TN

#8 May 7, 2012
wouldnt do any good!
vinnie59

Hendersonville, TN

#9 May 17, 2012
The one in straw plains is VERY druggie friendly. Too many trashy people work there. my neice use to work there. She told me bout how employees got high in their vehicle and the use and distribution of pills. Sad that the management there is so blind or just dont care.
tempest1

Hendersonville, TN

#10 May 21, 2012
I ate at the straw plains one just the other day. I heard talk bout pills between employees. Dont they know people can hear them?
wisdom57

United States

#11 Jun 4, 2012
I stopped by there Last weekend during a rod run. I wasnt impressed with The one on brakebill at exit 398. Horrible service, nasty bathrooms, employees playing around in The back And My waitress smelled ungodly of cigarette smoke.
Chip

Hilo, HI

#12 Jun 11, 2012
I think the watitresses at the Chapman Hwy location are very hot and sexy.
Dont

Knoxville, TN

#13 Jun 13, 2012
I just have to say I don't like Ruby Tuesday in general anymore. And I used to love it. It has just had so many decor and menu changes lately that it doesn't know what it wants to be. I think it should return to its basics and what made it great to start with. Before its too late. If not, I fear it will go the way of Silver Spoon which used to be great before it sold.
nobody45

United States

#14 Sep 21, 2012
They should close down the one near straw plains. I was in there and heard an employee talking bout selling sex toys. Nice. Wont be going back there anymore. Especially with my kids. Not to mention, I dont think the employees are suppose to be smoking anywhere near the building. And management needs to keep the horseplaying between employees down a bit
duh

Knoxville, TN

#15 Sep 22, 2012
nobody45 wrote:
They should close down the one near straw plains. I was in there and heard an employee talking bout selling sex toys. Nice. Wont be going back there anymore. Especially with my kids. Not to mention, I dont think the employees are suppose to be smoking anywhere near the building. And management needs to keep the horseplaying between employees down a bit
It sounds like a management issue. Why the heck close it down? We need more places to eat on that side of town not less. If you don't like the place just eat somewhere else. Note: Aubreys is coming to the exit in the near future!!!
gators suck

Seattle, WA

#17 Sep 22, 2012
We quit going to Ruby Tuesday's years ago. The restaurant on Cumberland Ave. used to be very good then the entire chain changed their menu. I noticed it first at the Ruby Tuesday's off I4O in Harriman. Service was horrible, they tried to charge us for bread we didn't receive, food horrible and their drinks are watered down. I don't know which is worsed, Applebee's or Ruby Tusedayes.
funny

Kingston, TN

#18 Sep 22, 2012
If you want good service, I'll hook up with you in the mens room. I won't even charge for the bread.
Use To

Madisonville, KY

#19 Sep 23, 2012
I loved Ruby Tuesdays but I have to agree the service and food has been lacking for sometime....
stay away from rubys

Knoxville, TN

#20 Sep 23, 2012
ruby's has gone down hill , i will not eat there anymore
john j

United States

#21 Sep 24, 2012
rubys is one of the worst restaurant chains on earth. Man, that original one on Cumberland back in the 1970s was so good. What a shame

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Students, teachers at UT spread message of love... 3 min avenger 8
Food stamps replacement 4 min Gypsy Christina 64
News Presidential visits and ties to East Tennessee 1 hr East Tennessee 4
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 2 hr Ebonics R Us 433
Knox threatens shooting, school security staff... 6 hr Taxpayer 3
How does Phil Williams Show stay on the air? (Jun '10) 18 hr Hobbs 206
News List ranks top 10 cities in Tennessee for singles 19 hr oledaddy 12

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance