its the best thing

Harrogate, TN

#44 Jan 23, 2011
Right Wing Lunatic wrote:
<quoted text>
My cousin has been going to a methadone clinic for four years. I don't think that place knows what they're doing. Why would anybody need to be on methadone for four years? They don't care as long as they get their money.
Ive been on pain pills since i was 14 yrs.old and methadone was the best thing that happened to me because then I could live a productive life and be normal for once instead of always out chasing a pill and when Im on methadone its like now I can spend time with my child instead of being on the streets all the time so I dont think that its switching one drug for another its just that u want to be normal for once and have a life I think there should be more methadone clinics in tennessee it would stop alot of the pill using around here

Since: Mar 09

Overton County

#45 Jan 26, 2011
Knox Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Methadone is just substituting one drug for another....HOWEVER, it is legal and does prevent a lot people from being on the streets and using street drugs. I have a cousin that has been in and out of prison due to drugs and was a horrible mess. He began going to the methadone clinic and has made a remarkable turn around. He goes and takes his methadone and is able to function as a normal human being and hasn't been in anymore trouble. He has been on methadone for years now. So, I don't think you ever get off of it because he hasn't. But like I said, he gets his 'fix' enough that he is able to work and be a productive part of society now.
I also have a family member who goes to a methadone clinic. What they do is every time it is time for you go take you meds you go to that clinic. You go in write down your name on a peice of paper and they give you your meds. If your late once then they cut them off. I don't think its a bad idea. They aren't buying on the street and they are trying to better. If that's what it takes to give them a second chance then so be it gotta have some mercy in this life.
Star

Knoxville, TN

#46 Jan 26, 2011
I'm not convinced these pain clinics are a good idea at all. Seems to me it only adds to the problem because the patients are STILL ADDICTED.

Since: Mar 09

Overton County

#47 Jan 26, 2011
Star wrote:
I'm not convinced these pain clinics are a good idea at all. Seems to me it only adds to the problem because the patients are STILL ADDICTED.
Well unfortunatly you are right. But they do it this way. You can't take it home with you. They aren't selling it or over doing it. OR trying to get high off it. They put themselves in the position and now they are dealing with th aftermath. They won't ever be the same. But they are puting themselves out there trying to earn an honest buck. Takes balls to fall and admit there was a problem. Then come out and openly try to fix it knowing that the people who said were your friend's are going to trip because you no longer fit in to their perfect world. It's a lonely road but the reward is much worth the battle. I support them 100%.
WONDER BOY

Chesterfield, MO

#48 Jan 26, 2011
Yeah Pain Clinics are WORSE than METHADONE CLINICS by far...@ the clinic youre giving enough for that day until youve been there 1 full yr w/o a failed drug test @ a PAIN CENTER they send EVERYONE on their way with a month supply..
WONDER BOY

Chesterfield, MO

#49 Jan 26, 2011
Also Id say 90% of METHADONE PATIENTS DO NOT SELL their Meds...On the other hand Id say MOST of the illegally sold pills in E. TN come from a pain center & a shady patient...METHADONE PATIENTS really a desire to live a normal life but cant go cold turkey

Since: Mar 09

Overton County

#50 Jan 26, 2011
I can't speak for the majority of Eastern TN. I stated my thoughts of the subject and now I am moving on.
Musicman36

United States

#51 Apr 21, 2011
Local Girl wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knew anything good or bad! Do you think this treatment really works?
This method of treatment does in fact work to keep you from being sick and reduces cravings from the drugs and or medications you are dependant on.However, like suboxone and other opiod detox drugs, what do you use to detox you from Methadone and the others? Withdraw from Methadone is absolutely the worst withdraw I ever went through in my life.Yes it is very effective while you are on it. Maryville Tn.
not i

United States

#52 May 7, 2011
I think its become a joke I have been here for 3 yrs. Never failed any drug test gave them no problems but its all about the money here they change the rules at a drop of a hat and some of us are on bi- weekly and trying to do right but now there system messes up everytime you turn around you use to have a call-in or a med count day you cone in so easy for me since I work out of town then they go to call in two times week done that fine now here they have no money to fix computers so they will call you in well I don't think this is right being that I pay 106 a week for this its a joke anymore here go somewhere else people and the sad part is it helps if you truly want it to but they only care about money here
DRD SUCKS

Knoxville, TN

#53 May 7, 2011
DRD is very much a JOKE. A cruel mean spirited joke played by bullies on a power trip. I'd like to drive by there one day & see that it had come to the same fate as the grain silo that once stood there.
not i wrote:
I think its become a joke I have been here for 3 yrs. Never failed any drug test gave them no problems but its all about the money here they change the rules at a drop of a hat and some of us are on bi- weekly and trying to do right but now there system messes up everytime you turn around you use to have a call-in or a med count day you cone in so easy for me since I work out of town then they go to call in two times week done that fine now here they have no money to fix computers so they will call you in well I don't think this is right being that I pay 106 a week for this its a joke anymore here go somewhere else people and the sad part is it helps if you truly want it to but they only care about money here
not i

United States

#54 May 8, 2011
Ya it sucks I have spent to much money and time there. But like you said they treat you like your a piece of crap only thing they want is your money. It's funny how it cost 20cents to make the pill but they charge us 115$ a week but they say they have no money for toilet paper when they see over 4000 people a day and still trying to get new young people to fuck up there life come on I really thought they where there for me but I was wrong so wrong and the few that is good there they get rite of a shame
angel

Morristown, TN

#55 Jun 29, 2011
I Am Woman Hear Me Roar wrote:
I've never had a drug problem, but I did have an alcohol addiction. Anyone who can overcome addiction has done a difficult thing. It is a daily struggle. Captain JT Spaulding, I got up one morning and decided I wasn't going to live like that any more, and that will be 9 years ago this month on the 23rd. It is wonderful that you have been clean and sober for 10 years! I'm proud for you, and proud of you. Addiction is a terrible monster. There have been times that I have been so tempted, but so far, I have not slipped. I hope that I can still say that tomorrow and 9 more years from now! One day at a time. I, too, hope that I can be help to someone who might be struggling!
i know a few that go there and there is no help for them they get worse because they are not drug screening them and i mean watching them so many carry in urine so they can mix all kinds of things together
angel

Morristown, TN

#56 Jun 29, 2011
the worse thing is the goverment supports this
J-A-Y

Knoxville, TN

#57 Jun 29, 2011
methadone must have wasted away alot of the topix forum users typing and grammar skills! I was at DRD for 2 years before switching to suboxone..Its a tough detox. Suboxone is a far better treatment method. I have been on Subs for 2 years as well and have weened myself down to a 1/4 pill a day. 2 months from now I will be off EVERYTHING...This was the best treatment option for me.
my advice

Knoxville, TN

#58 Jul 2, 2011
my advice is to start taking your subs every other day & you'll come off of it lots easier. you say you're on a 1/4 pill? are you taking 2 mgs or 1/2 mg? they make 8mg & 2 mg pills. just curious.
J-A-Y wrote:
methadone must have wasted away alot of the topix forum users typing and grammar skills! I was at DRD for 2 years before switching to suboxone..Its a tough detox. Suboxone is a far better treatment method. I have been on Subs for 2 years as well and have weened myself down to a 1/4 pill a day. 2 months from now I will be off EVERYTHING...This was the best treatment option for me.
They suck

Murfreesboro, TN

#61 Dec 21, 2011
There us not one women that works there that ain't a bitch and I'm be mild by saying that instead of calling them what they really are the c word!!!! I was there for two years never failed a test jumped thru there hoops and was still treated like a piece of shit! One day they will pay I still hope for the say to run into a few of them cause I will make them wish they had used the respect that got.
Sand man

Nashville, TN

#62 Jun 14, 2012
I go to the methadone clinic daily it's a long drive from morristown to Knoxville everyday but my wife and family know it's worth it as it has changed my life. Was a junkie doing and steeling any opiates I could get I won't get into all the good or the bad it does have both sides but if you want to write a reply or ask sand hog I'll tell you honest as I can.
wake up
#64 Aug 16, 2012
all methadone is use one pill get off another pill its harder get off of its all a money rack it they our drug dealers to they ur ruin people lives and people they say it saved there lives run out money to pay them and you will be in a mess
needing 2 know

Powell, TN

#65 Dec 10, 2012
I was told that they have got very strict at DrD. Does anyone know what the new rules are that are going into effect Dec. 14 2012? I'm curcious to no what the new rules are, they never tell you, they never give you a copy of them. All, the counselors say her sign this paper and if you don't you don't get your does that day! I think if they would start reading out the news rules and giving you a copy of what they are then that would help people alot better. Lot's of people that were getting their ever 2 weeks or monthly got drop down to daily just because they didn't go by the rules, well how do they exspect anyone to know thwem if theydon't tell them what they are. They change the rules so much with out letting you know it really is rediclious. Can someone please give any info on the new rules I have no clue what they are???
needing 2 know

Powell, TN

#67 Dec 10, 2012
Earl Keese V wrote:
you have 'no clue' alright.
Duhhh!!! That's what I said that I had no clue what the new rules were. I do know that everyone will have to be going seven days a week now. I really like to know where everyone thinks they are going to park they are about 5,000 ppl that attends that place a day. This place is a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 39 min Calhoun 8,640
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr thetruth 9,439
ut florida game 4 hr derka 2
help finding lost relative!!! 14 hr hoping someone kn... 1
UT Lost 18 hr TN Voter 7
Amanda Hara 19 hr makeup freak 4
Stephanie Beecken CH 6 19 hr pollo loco 2
•••
•••
•••

Knoxville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Knoxville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Knoxville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Knoxville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••