What do you think DRD (methadone) clinics.

Posted in the Knoxville Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 76 Comments Last updated May 25, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“What goes around comes around”

Since: Aug 07

East Tennessee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

Just wondering if anyone knew anything good or bad! Do you think this treatment really works?

Since: Feb 08

Knox Co.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

What do You think DRD (Methadone) Clinics?...What the Vuck are Ye trying to say.....Or ask?..It ain't good fer Ye typin' skills,That's fer sho.

Since: Nov 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

Local Girl wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knew anything good or bad! Do you think this treatment really works?
Methadone is just substituting one drug for another....HOWEVER, it is legal and does prevent a lot people from being on the streets and using street drugs. I have a cousin that has been in and out of prison due to drugs and was a horrible mess. He began going to the methadone clinic and has made a remarkable turn around. He goes and takes his methadone and is able to function as a normal human being and hasn't been in anymore trouble. He has been on methadone for years now. So, I don't think you ever get off of it because he hasn't. But like I said, he gets his 'fix' enough that he is able to work and be a productive part of society now.
try it

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

Local Girl wrote:
I think if you or anyone you know need treatment than it would be worth doing. God Bless You can do it..Stay strong

East Tennessee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Judged:

Knox Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Methadone is just substituting one drug for another....HOWEVER, it is legal and does prevent a lot people from being on the streets and using street drugs. I have a cousin that has been in and out of prison due to drugs and was a horrible mess. He began going to the methadone clinic and has made a remarkable turn around. He goes and takes his methadone and is able to function as a normal human being and hasn't been in anymore trouble. He has been on methadone for years now. So, I don't think you ever get off of it because he hasn't. But like I said, he gets his 'fix' enough that he is able to work and be a productive part of society now.
Thank you, I was worried about being able to get off methadone once you got on. Someone really special to me, just started and some of the parts of the treatment worry me. I dont understand alot about it, except what I've read. They dont want any of the family involved at all, wont even let me in the building, I just always thought that you needed all the support you could get. But thank you for your input.

East Tennessee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Montrose 1973 wrote:
What do You think DRD (Methadone) Clinics?...What the Vuck are Ye trying to say.....Or ask?..It ain't good fer Ye typin' skills,That's fer sho.
I was simply asking a question. You didnt have to be a smart @ss.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Local Girl wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, I was worried about being able to get off methadone once you got on. Someone really special to me, just started and some of the parts of the treatment worry me. I dont understand alot about it, except what I've read. They dont want any of the family involved at all, wont even let me in the building, I just always thought that you needed all the support you could get. But thank you for your input.
The reason they do not allow family members in the clinics for 'privacy' reasons. There are many people taking methadone that could/would lose their jobs if their employers were to find out. Also, there are many prominent people that also use methadone as a way of dealing with their addiction and want it to remain private.

I wish you and your family the best of luck and lots of prayers.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Montrose 1973 wrote:
I don't know...never tried it myself, but after finding out there are free cell phones going out...I may hop the Methadone Train, and get me a fix... Might just make me see the error of our governments ways.

I'd take a walk to cool my jets, but I don't have any damn shoes.

~jonesing~

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Knox Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason they do not allow family members in the clinics for 'privacy' reasons. There are many people taking methadone that could/would lose their jobs if their employers were to find out. Also, there are many prominent people that also use methadone as a way of dealing with their addiction and want it to remain private.
I wish you and your family the best of luck and lots of prayers.
Totally off topic. But can that puppy get any cuter? I so just want hold and kiss it...

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally off topic. But can that puppy get any cuter? I so just want hold and kiss it...
He could not possibly be any cuter, but sure is has become a lot meaner. Thanks for the comment, he's a Xoloitzcuintli....Mexican Hairless.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

....sure has become meaner.....
Burlhead

Chalmette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

I was addicted to pain killers real bad,and went to rehab to please family.Treatment/rehab did not work,because i did not want to stop personally.Searching for pain killers on the street became expensive and dangerous at the same time.Methadone gave me a since of comfort functionality,and alot less expensive,last of all LEGAL.I have been on the clinic about 7 years,and have not failed 1 drug screen for illicit drugs other than methadone.I bought a new home ,new vehicle,and progressed at my job.My family is amazed at my progress.Funny thing is only my wife knows about the clinic.If you asked my family if i take methadone,they will say no,that stuff is horrible! lol.If they only knew.I don't want any negativity from them,that's why I never told them anything.They think only Typical losers take methadone.Ha! Downside is methadone is VERY HARD to get off of,especially when you are just tired of medication.I want to be normal,and not have to take any meds.Methadone has changed my life for the better,but does have it's downsides as far as getting off.If it can chage a persons life,as it has changed mine,WHY NOT! I would suggest to not do ANY drugs at all,but that is not an option for some of us.
Local Girl wrote:
Right Wing Lunatic

Woodhaven, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Local Girl wrote:
My cousin has been going to a methadone clinic for four years. I don't think that place knows what they're doing. Why would anybody need to be on methadone for four years? They don't care as long as they get their money.
Epidemic

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Judged:

Right Wing Lunatic wrote:
<quoted text>
My cousin has been going to a methadone clinic for four years. I don't think that place knows what they're doing. Why would anybody need to be on methadone for four years? They don't care as long as they get their money.
You have to lower the dose each time , to get off the stuff. If you are on it for years just stay on it , who cares not me , you are in control of your own life and if you choose to screw it up , go ahead !!

Seems to me you are a bunch of dummy's down there.
Virgil

Camden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Buy a house close to one, then tell us whether its good or bad.
Night of the Living Dead

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

“Love it or leave”

Since: May 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

Sounds like it is working for some and some its not. sounds like treatment. I cant judge these people but when I went to treatment in 96 I was told it was trading one drug for another. I had A very bad coke/pain pill/meth habit just to name A few. I lost everything but my life and finally gave up. I had to quit everything cold turkey and go through detox and NA and AA Meetings. I had A couple slips early on but have now been clean and sober for over 10 years. Most people who knew me then don't recognize me now and the ones who have only known me since probably wouldnt believe I used to be strung out. I am not tooting my own horn and deserve nothing special for becoming A productive member of society. I am posting this in the hopes it may help someone who is struggling.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Captain J T Spaulding wrote:
Sounds like it is working for some and some its not. sounds like treatment. I cant judge these people but when I went to treatment in 96 I was told it was trading one drug for another. I had A very bad coke/pain pill/meth habit just to name A few. I lost everything but my life and finally gave up. I had to quit everything cold turkey and go through detox and NA and AA Meetings. I had A couple slips early on but have now been clean and sober for over 10 years. Most people who knew me then don't recognize me now and the ones who have only known me since probably wouldnt believe I used to be strung out. I am not tooting my own horn and deserve nothing special for becoming A productive member of society. I am posting this in the hopes it may help someone who is struggling.
Congratulations to you! It takes a strong and willful heart to do what you've done.
Right Wing Lunatic

Woodhaven, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Captain J T Spaulding wrote:
I hope your success continues.

What worked for me is that I had to stop believing the devil's lies. He would lie to me and say I couldn't stop. He would tell me I needed the drugs. He would tell me my addiction wasn't as bad as other people's addictions. Once I stopped believing the devil's lies I was able to quit. Every now and then the devil lies to me and says it won't hurt to have just a little since I've been drug-free for so many years. I just ignore that b-a-s-t-a-r-d and get busy doing something. He would just love that stuff to get a hold of me again.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

I've never had a drug problem, but I did have an alcohol addiction. Anyone who can overcome addiction has done a difficult thing. It is a daily struggle. Captain JT Spaulding, I got up one morning and decided I wasn't going to live like that any more, and that will be 9 years ago this month on the 23rd. It is wonderful that you have been clean and sober for 10 years! I'm proud for you, and proud of you. Addiction is a terrible monster. There have been times that I have been so tempted, but so far, I have not slipped. I hope that I can still say that tomorrow and 9 more years from now! One day at a time. I, too, hope that I can be help to someone who might be struggling!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Knoxville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Knoxville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••