NuMarkets investigation: we want to hear from you

Full story: WBIR Knoxville

We are currently investigating complaints from several East Tennessee communities regarding eBay re-sellers NuMarkets.
Comments
41 - 60 of 65 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
first knoxville employee

Candler, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

inthaknow wrote:

a) I personally watched multiple employees process as many as 60 items per day using the software.

Sure... if it was 60 of the same item!!!! 60 different items in different categories, I would have to call your statement B.S.

b) You must not know Shelley very well if you think that she would lie to anyone, ever, for any reason. I, on the other hand, know her extremely well and know she would never lie about profits--it was always her number one complaint!

Please pay attention to what I wrote... I never said Shelley lied to anyone!!! I thought Shelley was and is a very fine person who got cleaned out by russ's con job of a business. If you go back and read almost every other post here, we are all united except for you in the thinking that numarkets was a racket and russ is a lying scumbag. For you to defend the horrble things he did to people who trusted him with their items to sell and in some cases their life savings really is..... as you put it......
DRIVEL!!!!!!!

russ, if this is you, remember... Karma is a bitch!
NUTENNINTERNET

Hawthorne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

Russ Grove is not a crook. Sure he tends to tick people off with his moody flashes of abrasive and inconsiderate personal jabs. Not to justify his treatment of any employee, but Russ as with many of us....he has his faults and his upsides. His main fault is being moody with an inflated ego, but his personal qualities (honest, generous, and productive) overall outweigh his main business fault.
first knoxville employee wrote:
inthaknow wrote:
a) I personally watched multiple employees process as many as 60 items per day using the software.
Sure... if it was 60 of the same item!!!! 60 different items in different categories, I would have to call your statement B.S.
b) You must not know Shelley very well if you think that she would lie to anyone, ever, for any reason. I, on the other hand, know her extremely well and know she would never lie about profits--it was always her number one complaint!
Please pay attention to what I wrote... I never said Shelley lied to anyone!!! I thought Shelley was and is a very fine person who got cleaned out by russ's con job of a business. If you go back and read almost every other post here, we are all united except for you in the thinking that numarkets was a racket and russ is a lying scumbag. For you to defend the horrble things he did to people who trusted him with their items to sell and in some cases their life savings really is..... as you put it......
DRIVEL!!!!!!!
russ, if this is you, remember... Karma is a bitch!
EvilMartian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

I know where he is. Address and phone number
ExEmployee

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2010

He is in Tampa setting up an ebay company with a church who helps homeless people. I hope no one gets hurt..
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Last time I heard, he was in Cedar Key.
getthefactsstrai ght

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Judged:

Inthaknow wrote:
The assertions made on this thread are laughable at best. Russ Grove may be a lot of things, but he is no crook. Call him a bad business manager if you want, or even a bad CEO. The problem with NuMarkets was an advaced business model with an untested and ill prepared market combined with several bad decisions.
The biggest issues were: unfulfilled promises of a board member that lead to a high debt load, overextension of the business into markets outside of East TN & 2 million in development of overly advanced, pieced together technology, all of which contributed to cash flow issues.
Cash flow is king in any business, but especially NuMarkets. What do you do when you collect revenue (money from consignor's sales) and the bills come due that keep your business open(rent, servers, employees, lights, phone, etc)? You pay the bills first, then you pay the consignors a week late. Otherwise, you pay one week's consignors, the business shuts down and the last week's consignors don't get their checks. The bottom line is: you try to keep the doors open as long as possible, as a responsible business, to make sure that as many consignors get their checks as you possible can muster.
The company was fine until a board member assured the company s/he would buy 3 franchises from NuMarkets if NuMarkets would purchase them back from the franchisee. When the company spent $750,000 buying them back, s/he reneged on the deal, leaving the company with three franchises that weren't profitable and a $750,000 debt.
NuMarkets intent was always genuinely good, and the business model was cutting edge, but it was just too early for it's time. NuMarkets isn't the only eBay company to go out of business (in fact, there are hundreds that have gone out of business) and it won't be the last. Despite what articles may have indicated, there have never been charges brought against Russ Grove, nor will there be--because he did not commit a crime. Unfortunate as it may be, businesses fail daily--this was one of them. And when businesses close, sometimes people don't get money they are owed. It sucks. But there was no fraud, insider trading or theft. Russ Grove left NuMarkets a poor man. In fact, very poor.
Regarding, 3Re.com , Russ Grove managed a remarketing company for Dell and various other computer manufacturers. When he became CEO of the company, it was already stutter-stepping its way into the dot.com burst. Not to mention that their business model was based on custom building computers with Dell, etc. parts. When Dell brought everything in house and got aggressive with advertising in the late 90's, it destroyed the business. That's just business and sometimes people get hurt.
How do you think all the companies making record players, slide rules and cassette tapes felt when thier businesses failed? Similar situation.
The business model was not based on cutom building computers with Dell. I was the Dell certified Tech. The Dell product configuration was for a 3rd party. Dell had nothing to do with it whatsoever. It was all Russ Grove's doing.
Matt Thompson

Stuarts Draft, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Russ Grove currently in Waynesboro Virginia working on some sort of eBay sales program for the company I work for building electronics.PPI Time Zero. March 22 2012-heard an employee of his say home was in Hickory North Carolina
tom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

I know were russ grove is my mother is dating him contact me if youu want more info sunnyg1991@yahoo.com
con man russ grove

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

If your mother is dating Russ Grove...check the FL State Attorney's office for con artist complaints. He ripped off a woman near Ocala, FL for alot of $ and abused her in ways that words can hardly describe. He will try to isolate her from her family. He is the classic con-man, with a past that google will only provide 10% of the wake of his scams. Beware that he is very dangerous & good luck with your mom. She will need your love to pick up the pieces.
Concerned

Athens, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Matt Thompson wrote:
Russ Grove currently in Waynesboro Virginia working on some sort of eBay sales program for the company I work for building electronics.PPI Time Zero. March 22 2012-heard an employee of his say home was in Hickory North Carolina
That's bull hes back in Etowah trying to move into another building starting another business look out Etowah
OHI

Homosassa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

Attorney wrote:
Scram WOTL. Numarkets IS a real crime. You shouldn't minimize other people's losses. For the others who want to stay on topic, I am currently looking for Russ Grove. Any idea how I can find him?
Iknow where he is
trying to help

Homosassa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Attorney wrote:
Scram WOTL. Numarkets IS a real crime. You shouldn't minimize other people's losses. For the others who want to stay on topic, I am currently looking for Russ Grove. Any idea how I can find him?
I know where Russ the con man is. He has a new partner and she is blind as to ripping people off.
one leg up

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

9th Generation Tennessean wrote:
<quoted text>
Wherzat?
Etowah TN. 124 9th street
one lg up

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

He is in Etowah TN still working on his scams. Living on the tax payers of the USA.

854 Ohio Etowah Tn.
corner of 9th ave. and Ohio.
Concerned

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

Russ is now living in Etowah TN. with his girlfriend. Still a scam man. look around 124 9th street and Ohio. He is living on the top floor. Do NOT BE TAKEN BY THIS MAN
Concerned

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

Saw him today, acting like he was well to do. I will be leaving Etowah soon, if you need more info on him reply.
GSergant

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

He is running around with his old girl friend, Saw him today
SPAM

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

SPAM
KUWOR

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

Just checked into my mountain cabin last night and to day I see Mr Big Shot Russ leaving his rundown home. Looks like he has aged a great deal. Time has caught up with the CON MAN. NO sign of girlfriend, maybe she got wise. Doesn't look as if he is doing well, maybe the CON MAN got CONNED.
KUWOR

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Judged:

Passed through Etowah today. RG is still living at the same address, saw him come out of his warehouse, NO looking good, shows a lot of ware and tear. Hard life being a CON MAN. NO SIGN of his girlfriend, maybe she got smart.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Knoxville Forum right now

Search the Knoxville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 19 min jarda 8,594
Steve Phillips leaving WBIR for radio station i... (Sep '13) 8 hr JimBob 39
Rooms to Go/Best Buy TV packages SUCK (Feb '12) 9 hr Go Blue Forever 56
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Tue Zeke 8,978
Knox. worst Attorneys (Jan '11) Tue KTOWN 24
tennessee lottery for losers (Aug '12) Tue jimmy knows 11
Tennessee urges residents to vote earlyTennesse... Tue Bob Rooney 1
•••
•••