NuMarkets investigation: we want to h...

NuMarkets investigation: we want to hear from you

There are 68 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Feb 16, 2007, titled NuMarkets investigation: we want to hear from you. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

We are currently investigating complaints from several East Tennessee communities regarding eBay re-sellers NuMarkets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
bOBBY DIGITAL

Antioch, TN

#1 Feb 16, 2007
I heard they shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Bob Wagner

Bensalem, PA

#2 Feb 16, 2007
add me to the list of those who lost to numarkets. I fied with the bbb over a year ago and they said thy couldn't do anything. I've still got all the records.

Since: Jan 07

Martin, TN

#3 Feb 16, 2007
What is numarkets????
MTC

Wade, NC

#4 Feb 16, 2007
What did they "sell"...was this thru ebay??
Angel

Columbia, TN

#5 Feb 16, 2007
Just Me in TN

NuMarkets is a business that takes your products and sells them on Ebay. They post your item to Ebay with pictures and all the other typical information. Once the product has sold NuMarkets collects the money from the buyer, ships the item to said buyer, removes their share of the profit and sends you the rest. They actually become a middle man for those without time to sell on Ebay. Also, for those who feel below average on computer or Ebay savvy knowledge.

A potential customer of NuMarkets can easily be scammed in my opinion.
Angel

Columbia, TN

#6 Feb 16, 2007
MTC They sell anything someone sends them. Anything within Ebay police guidelines.
Kathy

AOL

#8 Feb 17, 2007
I bought a mixed lot of ceramic molds from them, and they helped me load them. We overlooked one and they were honest enough to call and tell me they still had it, and allowed my daughter to come pick it up for me.
I have no complaints about them, but I have never had them sell anything for me either.
Gene Bowen

Atlanta, GA

#9 Feb 17, 2007
For the scoop on eBay drop-off stores visit
www.amitheonlyone.org
Rebecca

Little Rock, AR

#10 Feb 17, 2007
People can EASILY list things themselves on Ebay. It is more easy then people ever understand. I list a lot on Ebay. I would NEVER go to a store and have them do it. ONe of the things that is never talked about is how much they charge you to list items. I mean they take like 30% of the final list. So if your item sold for $50, you would ONLY get $35. If you listed it yourself, you would get the entire $50. It is such an easy thing to list on Ebay. These stores are taking advantage of people who don't much about computers or the internet and they don't disclose their fine print. I haven't seen on any of the news programs their fees being talked about either.

DO IT YOURSELF!!:-)
Kathy

AOL

#11 Feb 17, 2007
Evidently you are using a different Ebay than I am, as I never get to keep the entire amount. I have to pay a final value feeon the items I sell as well as the listing fees.
BeenBurned

Manchester, TN

#12 Feb 17, 2007
I actually used to work at a NuMarkets franchise and can tell you that it was a scam and the corporate office was a complete rip-off. They took complete advantage of the people selling their stuff and they took complete advantage of the people that they suckered into opening franchises for them. The corporate office "processed" all the payments and then paid the seller and the franchise. There were many times that it took a long time for the sellers to get paid and there were many weeks that the franchise that I worked at got no money at all. There were always some reason why things weren't getting processed correctly. They were a big time scam. The "president" of the company has some repetitive behaviors with taking advantage of people, screwing over employees and then splitting as soon as his gig is up.
Crackhead

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Mar 7, 2007
I used to work there for a while. There was always someone raising hell about not getting their money. Hopes and promises to all about "getting rich" working for them. The business model is a joke. The people that have 150,000 to open a franchise don't understand anything about the moms and pops that sell to make ends meet. That's probably has to do something with why people weren't in a professional manner. They were screaming they were going to be hiring 400+ people. Last I heard they got down to about 8. Oh well, happy eBaying! Do it your self. Don't pay 33% commissions to anyone.
Stan Levitan

Hixson, TN

#14 Mar 21, 2007
Crackhead wrote:
I used to work there for a while. There was always someone raising hell about not getting their money. Hopes and promises to all about "getting rich" working for them. The business model is a joke. The people that have 150,000 to open a franchise don't understand anything about the moms and pops that sell to make ends meet. That's probably has to do something with why people weren't in a professional manner. They were screaming they were going to be hiring 400+ people. Last I heard they got down to about 8. Oh well, happy eBaying! Do it your self. Don't pay 33% commissions to anyone.
Russ Grove With Numarkets is now scamming smarthotbuys.com and he can be reached by contacting them at their website. Anyone wanting to get in touch with this crrok should look him up before he scams another.

“motor-boatin SOB”

Since: Mar 07

hernando ms

#15 Mar 22, 2007
Kathy wrote:
Evidently you are using a different Ebay than I am, as I never get to keep the entire amount. I have to pay a final value feeon the items I sell as well as the listing fees.
if you step up your PAYPAL account w/ your ebay account the fees will be taking out of your bank account not your selling price. Ebay has never taking any fee out of my sell. The fees are collected when the item is listed. ONLY EBAY MOTORS collect a % of the sell price. I believe it's 5%, i could be wrong i've never tried to sell a car or anything. but know someone who bought one though ebay.
Even if you did pay out of your sell price, it's cheaper and easy than "WE SELL YOUR SHIT ON EBAY" stores.

“motor-boatin SOB”

hernando ms

#16 Mar 22, 2007
*if you set up*
Kursk

United States

#17 Apr 17, 2007
BeenBurned is exactly right! Do your homework and look into the history of Rus L. Grove. He pulled this trick with a once solid logistics company in Memphis. Ran it into the ground under the guise of a "3RE" dot-com, and ran off when the going got tough, leaving investors and the Department of Labor to clean up the mess.
And I thought Marines never left a man behind.

Jerry Knoxville TN

Miami, FL

#18 Apr 24, 2007
Thanks
ruby t in oak ridge

Bakersville, NC

#19 May 7, 2007
I was going to work for Shelley at the Lovell road office and after training for a week at corporate office. I trained for a week and then went to help open the store on Lovell. I am a UT grad in business and they wanted me to help manage at some point. I smelled a skunk and quit after one week to go back to my previous employer-who is listed on NY stock exchange. I told Russ Grove that I like my trains to run on time and that his " business model" was BS. I did the math and realized just how much in sales you would need to support this kind of operation. He obviously has no math skills or he is just a scammer-one of the two! He was and is a very pompous man who somehow keeps talking people into buying his latest scam. He thinks he knows all the answers and thought he was an expert on E-commerce-boy was he wrong. I really felt bad for Shelley W as she was their first "franchisee" or a better term-their first "sucker". I think they scammed the franchisees as much as the public. Russ , I should apply for your new job after enlightening your new employers to all of your failed scams. I have more business sense in my finger than you have in your entire body. Smarthot buys will be doomed to failure with Russ Grove's involvement. Also I watched the local chattanooga news try and track you and your girlfriend down after numarkets collapse. You hid for several weeks before finally making an appearance-Total dishonesty on display here. What self resepecting business mogul would have a a girlfriend who drives an old Camaro? Reeks of trailer trash-I bet you scammed her too!! Semper Fi Jarhead!!

Since: Feb 07

Madison, TN

#20 May 8, 2007
Hey WBIR, I'm glad to find a thread you are supposedly monitoring. This is another fluff story.

Let's hear some investigative reporting on the government's cover-up of the scope of the tainted pet food which has now made its way into the human food supply in this country.

Why is the media still reporting the propaganda the government is feeding you? More than 39,000 faithful animal companions gave their lives because the food imported from China is poison. The media continues to report only 16 deaths which actually were the deaths in Menu Foods laboratory in February. Do you HONESTLY BELIEVE the human food is ok to consume after the livestock was fed the surplus poisoned pet food? Do you think the Queen ate chicken last night at the White House? Do you like your chicken marinated in melamine? Just exactly what kind of tragedy will it take for you to investigate this crime perpetuated by the FDA?

Forget NUMARKET. Investigate a real crime.

“motor-boatin SOB”

hernando ms

#21 May 8, 2007
Woman of the Lake wrote:
Hey WBIR, I'm glad to find a thread you are supposedly monitoring. This is another fluff story.
Let's hear some investigative reporting on the government's cover-up of the scope of the tainted pet food which has now made its way into the human food supply in this country.
Why is the media still reporting the propaganda the government is feeding you? More than 39,000 faithful animal companions gave their lives because the food imported from China is poison. The media continues to report only 16 deaths which actually were the deaths in Menu Foods laboratory in February. Do you HONESTLY BELIEVE the human food is ok to consume after the livestock was fed the surplus poisoned pet food? Do you think the Queen ate chicken last night at the White House? Do you like your chicken marinated in melamine? Just exactly what kind of tragedy will it take for you to investigate this crime perpetuated by the FDA?
Forget NUMARKET. Investigate a real crime.
Why forget NUMARKET? If this company is shotty then keep this thread alive, and you can start a new topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worst psychologist ever!!!! 34 min South Knox Hombre 2
News Mandatory Waiting Periods Are Making Abortions ... 4 hr wormwood 13
The Village Barn (Oct '10) 17 hr Luttrell stud 28
Eyebrow Threading (Aug '15) 22 hr dvh 7
News Our Stories: Michael Jackson comes to Knoxville (Feb '08) Wed jimandcarol 84
News Knox County couple charged, connected to 47 bur... (Dec '07) Tue Randy Lane 2
News Woman falls 25 feet from ferris wheel (Sep '07) Tue Hayden Burks 76

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages