Next Last
Michelle

United States

#1 Sep 4, 2010
I have never been to Knoxville, TN.
or Asheville, NC., but these cities
look interesting to me and I might
want to relocate to one of them.
Their not far away from each other right?
Which city is more beautiful with more
to do. What city is less expensive?
Any other cities nearby better than them?
I need opinions. Thank you.
Kenny Knisley

Louisville, TN

#2 Sep 4, 2010
Asheville used to be a wonderful town. Over the years though it's become a haven for homosexuals. There is a rather large population of the deviants there.

I spent most of my life in that town and have wonderful memories. I left a few years ago as they seemed to be overtaking the town. It's a real shame.
Nicole Leonard

United States

#3 Sep 4, 2010
Asheville wins the scenery contest by
a landslide!
Asheville has great architecture.
Great restaurants and shops.
More things to do from festivals
to resorts to outdoors.
Asheville is to expensive though.
Knoxville wins only cause there is more
industry and less expensive.
Knoxville is an attractive city
although not beautiful like Asheville.
Knoxville is not a resort town and
will continue to grow.
If Asheville's popularity dies down
it could totally stagnate like it
did once before.
hick

Talbott, TN

#4 Sep 4, 2010
Knoxville is eing overru with illegal aliens. Don't stay at any motel in Knoxville until you read about the Jennifer Hampton case. A young out of towner who was raped and killed by an illegal Mexican who had a key to her room at a Days Inn motel she was staying at. Knoxville is not a safe city anymore...I would take my chances with Asheville and it's homo's.
hick

Talbott, TN

#5 Sep 4, 2010
Sorry..Knoxville is being over run...
Earl Keese

Knoxville, TN

#6 Sep 8, 2010
Michelle wrote:
I have never been to Knoxville, TN.
or Asheville, NC., but these cities
look interesting to me and I might
want to relocate to one of them.
Their not far away from each other right?
Which city is more beautiful with more
to do. What city is less expensive?
Any other cities nearby better than them?
I need opinions. Thank you.
N. Carolina taxes the daylights out of everything that moves, and 3/4's of the things that don't.

the pay-scale in Asheville isn't so much better(if any) than Knoxville's that it would overcome that issue.

Asheville is a liberal bastion.
Knoxville......NOT !!!
Bobby

Newland, NC

#7 Sep 14, 2010
I have lived in almost 10 state ... most of them more than once.

I knew I was home when I arrived in Asheville!

Problem is though ... Too many damn people coming here! It's killing the small town charm and the Yankee attitudes can stay away!(that means, nobody really cares if YOU'RE in a hurry!... get over it!)

If you're the type that can "down-shift" and doesn't think anyone owes you anything but are willing to give the next guy the shirt off your back, then c'mon this way!
Citisalievi

Marietta, GA

#8 Jun 17, 2014
Ive been through both cities,lived in Asheville. I got to say that Asheville blows knoxville away! Asheville has more of a density as a bigger city than its population shows. Knoxville is more spread out, and doesnt have a since of community! I think of Asheville as the Sanfran of the South. But sure, if u want to live in a city that has lower prices of living, is republican, and is right off 75 go for it !
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#9 Jun 17, 2014
Neither one. Charleston, South Carolina.
I heard

Knoxville, TN

#10 Jun 17, 2014
East knox is very nice
Enlightened Citizen

Chicago, IL

#11 May 22, 2017
Kenny Knisley wrote:
Asheville used to be a wonderful town. Over the years though it's become a haven for homosexuals. There is a rather large population of the deviants there.

I spent most of my life in that town and have wonderful memories. I left a few years ago as they seemed to be overtaking the town. It's a real shame.
Aaaaaand....you're an unworthy citizen if you're upset about who people are having sex with. Worry about yourself. They're not "deviants" any more than you are if you're having sex. Grow up.
South Knox Hombre

United States

#12 May 22, 2017
Enlightened Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>

Aaaaaand....you're an unworthy citizen if you're upset about who people are having sex with. Worry about yourself. They're not "deviants" any more than you are if you're having sex. Grow up.
No they are not "deviants".
To be more precise, Asheville is being occupied and overrun by Sodomites.
No for Knoxville

United States

#13 May 22, 2017
I was born in Knoxville and lived there for 45 years and have no desire to return. The city is in the top highest taxed cities in Tennessee and our local government is corrupt. Knoxville has the lowest growth rate in the metro area at less than 3 percent. Blount and Sevier counties are nice if you want to be close to the mountains. Maryville is an upscale town with great restaurants, shopping, entrainment, and higher paying jobs. East Sevier County is close to Asheville and many residents visit Asheville regularly. Sevier has the lowest taxes in the area.
Just Saying

United States

#14 May 22, 2017
Enlightened Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>

The issue is not necessarily what a person does in their own bedroom as it is when they are trying to force their views on my children.

I would love to worry about myself but people like you who support homosexual priest who molest children don't give me the option to just worry about myself
South Knox Hombre

United States

#15 May 23, 2017
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is not necessarily what a person does in their own bedroom as it is when they are trying to force their views on my children.

I would love to worry about myself but people like you who support homosexual priest who molest children don't give me the option to just worry about myself
What you write isn't as far-fetched as some will claim.
As we continue sliding down the slippery slope, we are already being told that pedophiles were "born that way". Expect to hear it more in the future.
Just Saying

United States

#16 May 23, 2017
South Knox Hombre wrote:
<quoted text>What you write isn't as far-fetched as some will claim.
As we continue sliding down the slippery slope, we are already being told that pedophiles were "born that way". Expect to hear it more in the future.
Labeling them a pedophile is just a cover up because they don't want it equated with what is happening. It's a human male who is attracted to the same sex old or young and is performing an homosexual act on another human male.

South Knox Hombre

United States

#17 May 25, 2017
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Labeling them a pedophile is just a cover up because they don't want it equated with what is happening. It's a human male who is attracted to the same sex old or young and is performing an homosexual act on another human male.
I understand your argument. But I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree.
Pedophilia is real. Children get molested, and it is not always a homosexual molestation.
Just Saying

United States

#18 May 25, 2017
South Knox Hombre wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your argument. But I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree.
Pedophilia is real. Children get molested, and it is not always a homosexual molestation.
I'm not saying it isn't real. But why is it that the homosexual men are not label homosexual when the commit a homosexual act. They are trying to protect the homosexual lifestyle even when it leads to stiff like pedophilia.

When a kid says they are homosexual they majority of the time they are coached into the life style.
Feudal

Lenoir City, TN

#19 May 26, 2017
Neither. Greenville, South Carolina.
South Knox Hombre

United States

#20 May 26, 2017
Just Saying wrote:
When a kid says they are homosexual they majority of the time they are coached into the life style.
They aren't just coached. They were RECRUITED. They were not "born that way".
And those people know that. They just lie about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No nobel prize for Trump, Summit cancelled 1 hr Trump stops progr... 13
Parkridge Historic Zoning dead at City Coincil 20 hr Historic Dictators 5
News Suspect Wanted in Two Armed Robberies 22 hr Uncle Tom 2
News Teen murder suspect gives birth to baby boy (Mar '08) Wed Vanessa 42
News 3 GOP candidates for Tennessee governor face of... Wed No doubt 1
News Want to Listen to Police Scanners? Cops Say No ... Wed Bubba work real hard 9
News KPD said a woman died from her injuries in the ... Wed Bubba work real hard 3

Knoxville Jobs

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages