OVERNIGHT: Two killed in Kingston Pik...

OVERNIGHT: Two killed in Kingston Pike crash

There are 139 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Jan 24, 2007, titled OVERNIGHT: Two killed in Kingston Pike crash. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

A car accident on Kingston Pike left two people dead early Wednesday morning. Knoxville police were dispatched to Kingston Pike at Scenic Drive around 12:30 a.m. They say a 37-year-old woman in a 2003 Infiniti ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Chris

Missouri City, TX

#124 Dec 26, 2009
LFT wrote:
<quoted text>She most certainly was a member of the American Bar Association! I have proof of it
LFT- I am sorry for your loss. I was friends with Melissa in the early 90s. I was also saddened to see that she had lost her father in 2007. My prayers to the families of both parties involved in the accident. To those who posted the negative aspects of someone so soon after death, may all of your transgressions and mistakes be held public. May your family suffer the harsh and unkind words of your nonsupporters in your families worst hour. I thought the South was all about hospitality and good manners. I guess that does not apply to those who feel the need for vindication. May GOD be with all of you.
legalease

United States

#125 Feb 6, 2010
Leigh wrote:
Does anyone know what Melissa did for 5 years after graduating highschool?
Yes, I know for a fact - she was a stripper at the Mouses Ear, The Katch and the Pink Pussy Kat Club on Clinton Highway. During this time she met my husband and made our lives hell....she harassed both myself, his wife, and our ten year old daughter on a daily basis, trying to get my physician husband to take up with her. He finally had to get a restraining order against her...he woman, was mean and had no moral compass. I know we are not perfect for sure, but this woman stalked and harrassed our daughter. I am not surprized that she is gone early. Karma
Amanda

Chesterfield, MO

#126 Feb 8, 2010
If he was your husband, how did he have another wife? Maybe your husband should have stayed out of the strip clubs! You trashed yourself right along with this deceased woman...smart!
legalease

United States

#127 Feb 9, 2010
Amanda wrote:
If he was your husband, how did he have another wife? Maybe your husband should have stayed out of the strip clubs! You trashed yourself right along with this deceased woman...smart!
I'm afraid you are not good at your attempts to reading between the lines. I never said she met in at a strip club, she didn't. She met him in his office. Moreover, that is not the point, the affair is not even the point. It is the harassment she bestowed upon our lives, sending our daughter pictures of them together, leaving messages about having sex, etc. She was a horrible person. She performed in many strip clubs from Knoxville to Miami and then back. To her credit, she almost got out, but couldnt' stay away from the business. Does anyone know why her husband in NY divorced her? Also, it is more than odd that she converted to the Jewish faith but her own family did not recognize her belief and and gave her a Baptist burial. I am not the least bit ashamed to say - I am glad she is dead. The world is a better place.
legalease

United States

#128 Feb 9, 2010
jillian wrote:
I'd venture a guess that every single person who has posted here is better than Ms. Rosenthal. We all have done something in our lives we're ashamed of and most of us have learned from those things, Most of us were not trying to have people killed, threatening people, lying to the courts, etc... over and over and over again. I mostly see people here being honest and not feeling the need to glorify a person who was causing so much grief to so many. Dead or not, why not be honest about her?<quoted text>
jillian, good post. don't you find it interesting that people's post here about her behavior is not from one region, say knoxville, when she was young and in the business , continued on even in law school and ny...seems this woman's reach was very broad. On another note, it is also very sad that a person who was obviously intelligent and gifted in some ways could not get her act together and in the end she was known for abusing people. What a waste.
legalease

United States

#129 Feb 9, 2010
oh my wrote:
I can not believe how self righteous some of the people on this post are. Give me a break! Talking about how terrible this woman was, SHE'S DEAD! You are NO BETTER sitting here running her into the ground! I don't care what she did!(allegedly) Tell me that every single one of you hasn't done something at some point in your lives that you are ashamed of? Would you really want all your dirty laundry aired out for your mourning friends and family to read just mere hours after your death? HAVE YOU NO SOULS!?!?!? As far as I am concerned, she could have been the scum of the earth and she is still better than you, because you sit and hide behind your keyboard and anonymous names, pointing fingers making accusations. You are NO BETTER than anyone else. Think about things that could be said at your funeral before your next post.
You are missing the point. Imagine what type a person one would have to be to encourage such posts a short time after their death. If you will read closely these people's lives were greatly affected by Melissa Trentham Brown Rosenthal's conduct. It isn't one or two isolated incidents; but the way she lived her life with total disregard for the pain she caused other people. People are generally remembered the way they lived their life. This is the way she lived her life. And as far as she is in a better place, I doubt that. They call is Hell for a reason, as punishment for rejecting Christ and punishment for the pain we inflicted on earth.
legalease

United States

#130 Feb 9, 2010
UNKNOWN wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Melissa was an attorney and you, her friends and her family should know that she learned long ago in law school that truth is an absolute defense to a claim of slander. Second, how well did you know Melissa? I don't know JBJ, but I knew Melissa pretty well when she lived in New York. Did you? I don't think so. Did you know that the claims that JBJ states are strikingly similar to very real facts concerning an affair that she had with an co-employee while she was employed in New York? The death of anyone is sad, but if you are going to take the risk of publicly posting your thoughts on the web about your glorious memories of someone's life, you have to take the risk that others are going to post public comments stating that the person you knew was different than the person he, she or they knew. This is not illegal conduct. Nor, in this case, is it slander. If you don't like it, create a private posting by invitation only to your friends and family.
Hey New York, if you are still out there, I have been trying to connect the dots for a story about Melissa for several years, it is now on the back burner, but might pick it back up. This wouldn't be the guy that she wrote an article with and thanked gushingly upfront in a piece she wrote on evidence for a law magazine, would it be? I contacted him and even though she had named him in the article; he denied even knowing her and didn't want to talk. Why did she leave NY and why did her husband divorce her? There are many Steve Rosethal in NY and Boston (I think were he was from) but can't get anyone to acknowledge her. Can you send some information my way?
tomato

Knoxville, TN

#131 Aug 21, 2010
fudge
Goodbye

Fort Wayne, IN

#132 Nov 5, 2010
I just learned of Melissa's death. Sadly, I lost touch with her sometime after leaving NYC. I was friends with her when we both lived in NYC and was at her wedding. I hope that she rests in peace.
Bystander

Chantilly, VA

#133 Oct 12, 2011
legalease wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey New York, if you are still out there, I have been trying to connect the dots for a story about Melissa for several years, it is now on the back burner, but might pick it back up. This wouldn't be the guy that she wrote an article with and thanked gushingly upfront in a piece she wrote on evidence for a law magazine, would it be? I contacted him and even though she had named him in the article; he denied even knowing her and didn't want to talk. Why did she leave NY and why did her husband divorce her? There are many Steve Rosethal in NY and Boston (I think were he was from) but can't get anyone to acknowledge her. Can you send some information my way?
Dear Legalease,

In summer 1993, I met Melissa Trentham. This was after her return from Miami. I know what you are saying is true. She told me about the trouble she caused, but never mentioned your name. She did mention your husband’s name, but I have forgotten it. It seems she was bleeding him for money. She did not tell me about the torment she must have been inflicting upon you. However, from that told me by her and her parents on the matter, I felt sorry for your family. The story of strangers was so wicked and sad that I have remembered it for all these years. My hope is that your daughter was not permanently afflicted by this sociopath. Like a parasite devoted to its own survival, she believed her actions were not worthy of remorse.

I did have a chance to meet her father and mother. They told me that many men had tried to tame their daughter. She wanted to be more than my friend and they knew that and subtlety warned me away. I do not remember their names (John?) or if the mother was a step-mother, but I am grateful to them.

Back then, her goal was to become a medical doctor. I did not keep in touch as we were not going to be long term friends. When she was no longer around, I assumed she simply could not handle the pre-med classes and dropped out.

From reading this thread, I am not at all surprised that her pattern of using men was uninterrupted. Because of what it implies about her and the system, it is sad commentary that she made it through law school. She told people what they wanted to hear. She could act and stay in character in any situation where deceit was required. Her weakness was that she relied too much upon deceit and manipulation to achieve her goals. Where real knowledge and practice was needed, she would choke.

I know more than I have written. If you want to talk, let me know, and we can go from there.
Cero

San Francisco, CA

#134 Jan 20, 2012
I met Melissa at review class for the Bar exam in Knoxville. A couple weeks into the class, I apparently took the seat she wanted. She proceeded to throw spitwads at my back until I asked if we were in elementary school, at which point she leapt up and started screaming obscenities about two inches from my nose. Shocked (along with the rest of my watching class), I calmly responded that I was sorry she was so unhappy, whereupon she stormed out screaming threats. She never returned to class, nor took the exam that session. Bizarre.

Fast forward several months and she applied for a job with my firm. Thank god I was on the hiring committee (karma...). In the course of vetting her, an attorney with our office who took the Bar six months after me came forward saying he was in bar review with Melissa and, with no knowledge of my experience, described a similar encounter with Ms. Rosenthal. The managing partners decided to go ahead with the interview with me there; it became clear as we talked that she did not remember me even when I asked how she handled high pressure situations. This raised all sorts of red flags to all of us -- if screaming inches from someone's face did not rank as memorable, something is deeply wrong with this person.

She did not get the job, but she did start showing up in court trolling for cases some time later, sweet as pie. Personally, I could never see her without picturing her contorted, screaming face; her eyes were always angry even when she smiled, and I always felt she must have incredible rage seething just below the surface. Aside from those involved in interviewing her I never said a word to any of my colleagues about that woman, but enough people caught on to her sociopathy that she quickly built herself a reputation that, combined with her incompetence, made it difficult for her to sustain a practice. In the end, she was a poor attorney with little concern for her clients and little interest in improving her acumen. The previous comment about choking where real knowledge and practice are concerned - spot on.

She freely told colleagues that she had broken up a family after the husband would not divorce his wife for her. It was interesting to me to read in these comments how much of that was apparently true. She was constantly telling stories about things she had supposedly done, apparently intended to make people believe she was tough or to be feared for her propensity for violence. The most chilling comment I overheard her make at the courthouse was about how if she were going to kill herself she would take someone with her. Yes, I have replayed that in my head once or twice.

For several months before her accident, she was indeed being investigated for hiring a hit man to kill an ex-boyfriend (maybe someone else, too, if memory serves), as well as numerous other felonies (drugs, something like blackmail or extortion, et al.). I was later told by someone involved in that investigation that the warrant for her arrest was only days, if not hours, from being issued when she crashed her car and that Melissa was aware of that fact.

I have always felt deeply sad for Mr. Heiser getting caught up in her life. No one deserves to pay with his life for another person's demons. She holds the distinction of being the only person about whose death I have read, and then thought: The world is decidedly a less evil place without her in it. Sad.
Luckyfriend

Kingsport, TN

#135 Jun 7, 2012
Think I know someone who was one of those people she may have been after in the end. I had no idea this was going on. No doubt what you say is true but how would I ever find out what the charges were and what evidence was collected to issue the warrant? Since she is passed does it all just go away and paperwork thrown out?
Legalease

Knoxville, TN

#136 Apr 15, 2013
Luckyfriend wrote:
Think I know someone who was one of those people she may have been after in the end. I had no idea this was going on. No doubt what you say is true but how would I ever find out what the charges were and what evidence was collected to issue the warrant? Since she is passed does it all just go away and paperwork thrown out?
I wonder if she started up her old ways on her return to Knoxville. Who was one of those people she was after? Initials? And yes, my daughter was 10 at the time and developed bi polar disorder in her 20's supposedly from the trauma inflicted by this woman. I hope she is still burning.
Expert On Melissa

Morristown, TN

#137 Oct 10, 2013
legalease wrote:
<quoted text>
All of this can be explained as Bipoler Disorder not properly medicated. This is what was wrong with Melissa. Leave her memory alone and mind your own business. Her Mom
Expert on Melissa

Morristown, TN

#138 Oct 10, 2013
The problem with Melissa Rosenthal is she was Bipolar and did not medicate the way she should have. Therefore she was a wild speeding bullet waiting to hit a target.I know all of this because I am her mother. Leave melissa's memory alone and mind your own business!
SRosen

Knoxville, TN

#139 Nov 29, 2013
Expert on Melissa wrote:
The problem with Melissa Rosenthal is she was Bipolar and did not medicate the way she should have. Therefore she was a wild speeding bullet waiting to hit a target.I know all of this because I am her mother. Leave melissa's memory alone and mind your own business!
Sadly, she made her life my business and many others. Her life was one of torment and misery to other people. It is justice that she will be in misery for eternity.
old cotton top

Oak Ridge, TN

#140 Nov 30, 2013
SRosen wrote:
<quoted text> Sadly, she made her life my business and many others. Her life was one of torment and misery to other people. It is justice that she will be in misery for eternity.
this is a clever way of saying some ones loved one is in hell. i hope you die a very painful death. long and drawn out, if you go to hell,what do you think devil man will do to you ??
sorry

Hixson, TN

#141 Nov 30, 2013
old cotton top wrote:
<quoted text> this is a clever way of saying some ones loved one is in hell. i hope you die a very painful death. long and drawn out, if you go to hell,what do you think devil man will do to you ??
Anyone can say anything he or she wants about another person but that doesn't make it true. Only God knows the condition of a soul. It don't matter what anyone says or means.
Coop

Knoxville, TN

#142 Dec 29, 2013
Good, bad, and ugly I am sorry you lost a daughter. May all find peace, somehow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UT commitments 3 hr Vol fan 1
News Tennessee wildfires lead to evacuation of downt... 5 hr kim kardashian 122
Ebt benefit a not there 8 hr McDonalds worker 11
News Two arrested in Cocke County meth bust (Feb '13) 12 hr Jus Say NO 6
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 22 hr Smelly Savales 177
Was Dump just a front man? Tue In rhe know 10
News Parents want answers in alleged student paddling (Mar '08) Tue Just Saying 20

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages