OVERNIGHT: Two killed in Kingston Pik...

OVERNIGHT: Two killed in Kingston Pike crash

There are 139 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Jan 24, 2007, titled OVERNIGHT: Two killed in Kingston Pike crash. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

A car accident on Kingston Pike left two people dead early Wednesday morning. Knoxville police were dispatched to Kingston Pike at Scenic Drive around 12:30 a.m. They say a 37-year-old woman in a 2003 Infiniti ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Becca

Broadview Heights, OH

#1 Jan 24, 2007
The families are in my thoughts and prayers - I work in the auto insurance industry so I see this kind of stuff everyday.
Jim

Clinton, TN

#2 Jan 24, 2007
My prayers go out to the families. Hopefully, this will be a lesson to others that excessive speed is extremely dangerous. People need to slow down and live.
Laura

Dillon, SC

#3 Jan 24, 2007
Does anyone know if this Melissa Rosenthal is an attorney here in Knoxville?
Tracy-JeffersonC ity

Morristown, TN

#4 Jan 24, 2007
My prayers go out to this family. Please slow down everybody!
abc

Atlanta, GA

#5 Jan 24, 2007
yes, she is, according to KNS.
TOTALLY ANNOYED

Knoxville, TN

#6 Jan 24, 2007
Yes, she is...and she owned some jazz bar and the guy was the manager of the place

“Say it like ya mean it”

Since: Jan 07

Kingston, TN

#7 Jan 24, 2007
Laura wrote:
yes you can go here to view about what she practiced

http://www.lawyers.com/Tennessee/Knoxville/Me...
abc

Atlanta, GA

#8 Jan 24, 2007
It was 4620
LCK

Maynardville, TN

#9 Jan 24, 2007
Laura wrote:
Yes it is
Jessica

Oak Ridge, TN

#10 Jan 24, 2007
May God Bless their souls and to the families of the deceased mt prayers are with you. God Bless
Sandra

United States

#11 Jan 24, 2007
Always bad news on the air waves. My thoughts and prayers go out to these two families at the loss of their loved ones in this tragic car accident. May God be with you in your time of need.
Kristen

Fort Payne, AL

#12 Jan 24, 2007
I book bands in the knoxville area and have been working with both Melissa and John since 4620 reopened. I actually talked with her on the phone last night about 9pm about an upcoming show. They were both great people and will be missed. This is such a tragedy. They have turned 4620 into such a great venue.
Kelly

Knoxville, TN

#13 Jan 24, 2007
Does anyone know anything at this time about John Heiser? I know someone by that name that was originally from Powell and he had red hair. Can you please tell me if this is the same guy?
anonymous

Fort Campbell, TN

#14 Jan 24, 2007
I work for Rural/Metro and this is the the fourth major crash at that same intersection in just the past couple weeks. People just drive way too fast through there. So please, everyone, slow down. I'm getting tired of pulling broken, bloody, dead or near dead bodies out of unrecognizable vehicles.
sad

Maryville, TN

#15 Jan 24, 2007
I come to you tonight with a heavy broken heart. Last night, my friend Melissa and her fiance' John we both killed in a horrific auto accident on Kingston Pike in Knoxville. I havent known them too long and John was the nicest guy. Melissa, well she was as bubbly and friendly as anyone can be. In just a short time, she made a huge impression on me. I will miss them dearly. Melissa owned 4620 Jazz Club in Knoxville.....her best friend and co-owner Erin is still running the place. All of you around the area, please drop by and see her and the others at 4620 and help out. Losing a loved one is tough but losing 2 loved ones in such a manner is not only humbling but massivley breaks the heart.

I dont know what caused her to be speeding in such a way and I dont know what caused the accident. All I know is they are with God now and we must do our best to keep the memory of these two friends alive forever. Its gonna be tough for me to go to 4620 tomorrow night but I will do it all I can in memory of Melissa!! I WILL MISS YOU GUYS DEARLY!!!!!

Friends, life is too short....we are NOT guaranteed tomorrow! So, please hug that someone you love tonight and mend all your friendships and dont leave this world not 100% happy!

God Bless you!!
Please keep their families and friends in your prayers!

Brent Allen
sad

Maryville, TN

#16 Jan 24, 2007
Melissa
[URL=http://www.slide.com/item _finder?referrer=hlnk&pcii d=9nXf2vHbIAabj4Oc6lcLzAC8hfKb d8hbzL2en4Kc7CyJqaDZRBaUo32Mzj 2x13xP&dir=0][IMG]http://w idget.slide.com/redirect/VXprJ mSzgv9W1YcpCL3KsjZ4gMJYE4OZDth Dy9-gi2KKkB19ia0Dl9r1E9hzMn4VI N_3r-1NFREH4tTibru_rW2MvL6Rj4V Nb1eQ8P6W2YEKGk-OLa69CuQVdlJTg ou5gLiQIqnU0iMvOzEZ-Ar2qUvVZtA eXTlcGFOtGd9vgjFeD4bZOhyKm6Qsl lDBNxh-puNoFFPRJj6--JJePxq26Nl A8JBOgrxS4PYu-jiD2B_xlpH2EE2Mj Q.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
the deans

Knoxville, TN

#17 Jan 24, 2007
we worked for john and melissa @the club and they were awesome people. they will be missed.
Laura

Miami, FL

#18 Jan 24, 2007
Melissa and I were friends in high school. I have not seen her in almost 20 years this is so sad. Our class is panning a reunion this year and I was hoping to see her again. CHS class of 87
wow

Maryville, TN

#19 Jan 24, 2007
anonymous wrote:
I work for Rural/Metro and this is the the fourth major crash at that same intersection in just the past couple weeks. People just drive way too fast through there. So please, everyone, slow down. I'm getting tired of pulling broken, bloody, dead or near dead bodies out of unrecognizable vehicles.
that seems really insensitive and harsh. I know you are trying to get your point across, but consider their families could be reading this before you post such crude remarks...
None

Brentwood, TN

#20 Jan 24, 2007
anonymous wrote:
Hello, Rural/Metro employee. I DO agree with you, but I am sure that 500 would not be to happy with the company's name being affiliated with a comment like this online for the whole world to see, making people think that rural/metro feels this way about the 10-46 MVA's that are worked!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Night Light 8 hr The wise 2
Radio Stations 8 hr Just Saying 58
shannon breeden ? (Dec '13) 14 hr Molly 3
News 'I raced a train and all I got was this lousy f... (May '13) 18 hr misfit 0676 4
98.7 FM Backs Bathroom Rights 22 hr My Right not yorin 3
Lonsdale shootings Tue Humpty 2
News Greeneville Names New Town Planner Mon bye felicia 4

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages