Dr. James Hayes
Concerned Patient

Nashville, TN

#1 Jul 8, 2009
I was wondering if anyone knew why Dr. Hayes of Fort Sanders OB-GYN has retired. The doctor's office told me that it was for health issues and wanted to know if anyone had any other information. It must be a pretty serious issue to put him into retirement that quickly. I really like him. I have never went to a doctor who was so caring and also did his job to EXCEED expectations. Please, if anyone knows I would appreciate the info.
infidel

Charleston, SC

#2 Jul 8, 2009
he's probably retiring because he can. many doctors are doing that in anticipation of the bad times they think obama's plans will bring. the latest straw is the government deciding after the fact that tests and procedures are not justified and requiring the doctors to reimburse any federal money that paid for them. too lazy to pre-approve, so they post-disapprove. I'd jump ship, too.
Concerned Patient

Nashville, TN

#3 Jul 8, 2009
infidel wrote:
he's probably retiring because he can. many doctors are doing that in anticipation of the bad times they think obama's plans will bring. the latest straw is the government deciding after the fact that tests and procedures are not justified and requiring the doctors to reimburse any federal money that paid for them. too lazy to pre-approve, so they post-disapprove. I'd jump ship, too.
Yeah...good answer {rolling eyes}. Now...SERIOUSLY...does anyone know how bad Dr. Hayes health is? I really am concerned about him, not politics.
former patient

Hendersonville, TN

#4 Jul 21, 2009
Apparently he is quite ill - he has information posted on the caring bridge website. I believe it is some form of cancer. I hope the person who believes that the government caused him to retire will think twice before being a smart alec in the future - Dr. Hayes is a great physician and an amazing and compassionate person and does not deserve ignorant comments!
former patient

Knoxville, TN

#5 Jul 22, 2009
former patient wrote:
Apparently he is quite ill - he has information posted on the caring bridge website. I believe it is some form of cancer. I hope the person who believes that the government caused him to retire will think twice before being a smart alec in the future - Dr. Hayes is a great physician and an amazing and compassionate person and does not deserve ignorant comments!
Found out today that he does not have cancer he has ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease, which is a devastating neurological dz. You can go to www.caringbridge.com and look up James Hays and it will take you to his story.
Concerned Patient

Fort Campbell, TN

#6 Jul 23, 2009
former patient wrote:
<quoted text>
Found out today that he does not have cancer he has ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease, which is a devastating neurological dz. You can go to www.caringbridge.com and look up James Hays and it will take you to his story.
Thank you sooooo much for the info. Dr. Hays is such an outstanding doctor and an incredibly wonderful person.
Concerned Patient

Fort Campbell, TN

#7 Jul 23, 2009
Where on the caringbridge site do I find him? It's asking for a website address.
Concerned Patient

Winchester, TN

#8 Aug 14, 2009
Yes, I too wonder what the name to use for Caring Bridge - you have to have the exact name for it to take you to the website -
Dr Hays

Fort Campbell, TN

#9 Aug 16, 2009
It's listed under Jim Hays.
Former Patient

Huntsville, TN

#10 Sep 13, 2012
I just heard about Dr. Hayes this week. I really hated to hear this. Does anyone know when exactly it was that he passed away, and where I could find his obituary? Thank's for any help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sign Stealing/Borrowing 57 min David 1
Jeff hagood 1 hr Browder 1
HR Comp Employee Leasing Raided by Criminal Div... (May '14) 1 hr wowwee 4
News Brandon Johnson's performance a positive in Vol... 1 hr Bean phartse 5
Kacey Edenfield 2 hr Admirer 1
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 3 hr firedown 263
KEEP ALL national statues and other monuments 22 hr Need to know 40

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance