Adult VideoStore on Lovell Road is S...

Adult VideoStore on Lovell Road is Shameful

Posted in the Knoxville Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Jean

Nashville, TN

#1 May 3, 2007
Lovell Road is such a paradox in the lovely Turkey Creek area. I know the truck stops were there "first," but some of the business that appear to cater to the truck drivers are embarrassing eyesores. There's a relatively new Adult Video "Superstore" which today was advertising "smoking accessories..." Just what that area doesn't need!
Joyce

United States

#2 May 13, 2007
Well, now they are advertising that they have a XXX star appearing at their store for autographs. I am so upset and disgusted by this store. When it opened, many seemed that they were going to work to close it, now, no one seems to even care.
Cornerstone

Atlanta, GA

#3 May 14, 2007
I think if more people sold out for Jesus places like this would go under.
mike

United States

#4 May 17, 2007
I think Knoxville should establish an adult business zone like other cities are doing. Make it in a commercial area like a industrial park and away from the general population. That way good folks like yourselves would not have to see it and the perverts would be happy. I travel thruout the southeast and know that other cities have found success with this approach.
pervert

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jun 14, 2007
i think knoxville should have a church zone also so us "perverts" wouldnt have to see people who are so weak minded that they cant take what comes in life without beliving some supernatural force is guiding thier meager little lives.

Judged:

34

17

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
john Q public

Dillon, SC

#6 Oct 7, 2009
doesn't the bible teach judge not for yee shall be judged if more people lived by that there might me less fighting in the world dont u think

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#8 Oct 8, 2009
Your market value on ur houses must be plummeting? Mike has a great idea. You could call the park something really crazy like 'SexWay" or Pervpass or WinkyDink Way. Biggun Blvd.ButtPlug Blvd. I've trademarked all these so you all gotta come up with ur own street names for our new industrial section. A RED LIGHT DISTRICT? YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#9 Oct 8, 2009
Crying Indian wrote:
Your market value on ur houses must be plummeting? Mike has a great idea. You could call the park something really crazy like 'SexWay" or Pervpass or WinkyDink Way. Biggun Blvd.ButtPlug Blvd. I've trademarked all these so you all gotta come up with ur own street names for our new industrial section. A RED LIGHT DISTRICT? YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
One of the old posters on the forum makes another rude comment about an issue that is serious to many people. What a jerk.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Charleston, SC

#10 Oct 8, 2009
Trademark restrictions don't apply to street names. Even if they did, the cost of registering trademarks is high enough to limit the process to the wealthy and those who plan to use the trademarks for gain.

For more information:

http://www.uspto.gov/web/trademarks/workflow/...

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#11 Oct 8, 2009
john Q public wrote:
doesn't the bible teach judge not for yee shall be judged if more people lived by that there might me less fighting in the world dont u think
While it is true, the Bible teaches Christians not to judge, it does direct Christians to condemn sin. There would not be less fighting in the world, just more of what you see in these places.

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#12 Oct 8, 2009
The Man wrote:
<quoted text>Hypocrite religous robots don't understand what your talking about.
I understand perfectly what he is talking about. He wants to somehow misuse quotes in the Bible to discourage Christians from being against this. Pretty dumb.

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#13 Oct 8, 2009
mike wrote:
I think Knoxville should establish an adult business zone like other cities are doing. Make it in a commercial area like a industrial park and away from the general population. That way good folks like yourselves would not have to see it and the perverts would be happy. I travel thruout the southeast and know that other cities have found success with this approach.
Can you name one and point out what those successes were?
Common sense

Fremont, CA

#14 Oct 8, 2009
It is very hypocritical to protest over an Adult Store but not protest over a buffet restaurant. The sin of gluttony is just as bad as the sin of fornication. Over-eaters will be walking hand-in-hand through hell with the "perverts".

Earl Keese

“global warming is a hoax”

Since: Apr 08

knoxville

#15 Oct 8, 2009
this is getting pretty funny !!!!

“Goddess on the Loose.”

Since: Mar 08

Morristown

#16 Oct 8, 2009
Earl Keese wrote:
this is getting pretty funny !!!!
You said it. Geez, can't we all just get along? To each his own. This is, after all, a free country. If anyone wants pornography, let them have it....and those who are offended by it can just ignore it. I wouldn't want a store next door to me, I don't guess, but I am not going to get all high and mighty concerning someone's right to have access to pornography. There are worse things, people.

Since: Mar 09

Sequatchie, TN

#17 Oct 8, 2009
ellen421 wrote:
<quoted text>You said it. Geez, can't we all just get along? To each his own. This is, after all, a free country. If anyone wants pornography, let them have it....and those who are offended by it can just ignore it. I wouldn't want a store next door to me, I don't guess, but I am not going to get all high and mighty concerning someone's right to have access to pornography. There are worse things, people.
Funny how issues like this consume people's lives yet they gloss over real life and death issues. Morality begins at home. Isn't there something about doing things and caring for "the least of these"? Instead, some are content with passing judgment on those who harm no one. I am sure the Almighty would rather see us care for one another rather than attack each other. You and I should know that first hand! LOL

Since: Mar 09

Mount Juliet, TN

#18 Oct 8, 2009
Hey, here's a thought: If you don't like it, don't go in there! It is a business and, yes, it is different from most others, but has a legal right to be there! Don't pass judgement on something--it isn't your place to do so!

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#19 Oct 8, 2009
Earl Keese wrote:
this is getting pretty funny !!!!
Wow, it IS funny.... but sad at the same time. People actually think this was I guess.

“Goddess on the Loose.”

Since: Mar 08

Morristown

#20 Oct 8, 2009
Slowhand2009 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how issues like this consume people's lives yet they gloss over real life and death issues. Morality begins at home. Isn't there something about doing things and caring for "the least of these"? Instead, some are content with passing judgment on those who harm no one. I am sure the Almighty would rather see us care for one another rather than attack each other. You and I should know that first hand! LOL
Amen. It's enough to anger me when I remember the circumstances and the lengths we went to just to stay on this side of the line.

Since: Mar 09

Sequatchie, TN

#21 Oct 8, 2009
ellen421 wrote:
<quoted text>Amen. It's enough to anger me when I remember the circumstances and the lengths we went to just to stay on this side of the line.
How well I recall. Don't you find it odd that we did the right thing and still get crucified on here for the things we didn't do? No good deed goes unpunished, right? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone in Knoxville voting for Lying Hillary Cl... 2 hr wormwood 40
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 4 hr Slam jam 123
Where are the best Pokemon at?? 4 hr grimy phoxx 3
Uhaul and their "environmental" fee (Apr '09) 12 hr ThomasA 23
wvlt Fri Justiceleague 20
News Our Stories: Michael Jackson comes to Knoxville (Feb '08) Thu Frank 89
Amanda Hara (Feb '15) Thu Stiff bullet 28

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages