Is Knoxville,TN a nice place to live?
Chad From Florida

Oak Ridge, TN

#176 Jun 6, 2014
chicago trasplant wrote:
I have lived here for 2 years. In my experience if you are not a member of a church you will be extremely lonely. Last Sunday I had a stranger come up to me and say "it looks like we are being invaded!" It took me a few minutes to realize he was talking about a group of 4 black people who were walking in. I was horrified that he thought I would participate in such behavior and that he felt so comfortable openly saying such things to a stranger. We moved here for my husbands job. We are taking about moving the second a transfer presents itself. This maybe a Republican state, however I don't know any Republicans that anti social or intolerant
Yeah, because there's no such thing as prejudiced black folks.
You must not have gotten out much in Chicago. lol
Chad From Florida

Oak Ridge, TN

#177 Jun 6, 2014
TruthorDare wrote:
Never said that !!! My son , is married to a doctor, and yes, the both together would be making quite a bundle… and their's numerous kid's from other families that my kids have been close friends with that have accomplished career's set-forth, doctors. lawyers,administration of major hospital's,Master accountant's,you name it. So, I never thought that or said that…these kid's, have just started, quite a bit of schooling and that takes time….my son alone is in a specialty field so all that alone took 9 plus years, and that's university year's, so go figure !!! Hell, it took me time to get from A to Z , and then some… Building the Locomotive….. Now, retired from that though a world famous corporation , I'm keeping commuter-rail running…Most of us do make over 6 figures, that's not unusual, nor is that rich. I'm not a boastful parent at all, if I am, well then were all boastful, because all my acquaintances have accomplished career's and their kid's.
You're right! The doctors here don't even get married! They keep all their money to themselves.

Seriously though, it's sill to see jackarses argue about the difference between two places, even though they aren't that different, or that far apart. You would think you all are from two different universes, which kind of proves my point. The media and politics have been running this divide and conquer plan for years and it seems it's working.
Who

Knoxville, TN

#178 Jun 6, 2014
Chad From Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Um actually no, you buy them through a realtor from a private owner. That's how a realtor's job works
Ummmm that's what I jusrt said, doofus.
contemplating moving

Ardsley, NY

#179 Jun 7, 2014
I'm from the North. NY north at that. I have family down there and am thinking of moving there. I feel that everyone will have good things and bad things to say about it. I am open to diversity (have to be up here), I'm don't care much about religion (to each their own), I care about schools and jobs and knowing my kids will be taught the correct things. I guess I'm liberal but I don't really care about politics. I'll vote for who I think is best. I know there are different areas, I just want to know the "good" areas. I don't want drugs to be an issues (I don't do them [yuck]). Can anyone help with that? Just saying what areas are decent to raise children in and which are not?
Quiet riot

Knoxville, TN

#180 Jun 7, 2014
contemplating moving wrote:
I'm from the North. NY north at that. I have family down there and am thinking of moving there. I feel that everyone will have good things and bad things to say about it. I am open to diversity (have to be up here), I'm don't care much about religion (to each their own), I care about schools and jobs and knowing my kids will be taught the correct things. I guess I'm liberal but I don't really care about politics. I'll vote for who I think is best. I know there are different areas, I just want to know the "good" areas. I don't want drugs to be an issues (I don't do them [yuck]). Can anyone help with that? Just saying what areas are decent to raise children in and which are not?
Maryville, Oak Ridge and West Knox (in the county) have the best schools. Stay out of east knoxville or anything close to downtown. The further from downtown you are, the better it is an any direction.
T Coker

Knoxville, TN

#181 Jun 7, 2014
I moved here in the 70's, attended Karns schools. I've been here ever since. I live near Northshore and Ebenezer and love it. Great schools, shopping, interstate access and restaurants. Knox Rocks
Damn The Torpedoes

Knoxville, TN

#182 Jun 8, 2014
Farragut is the only place to live.
almost retired

Terre Haute, IN

#183 Jun 12, 2014
going through a divorce, have an opportunity to be relocated there for work. but will not know anybody. Trying to decide IN or TN to start my single life all over again. There is nothing to do where I live now, but I do have friends. Is it easy to meet people there? what do people do for fun on weekends and evenings?
Business News

Crossville, TN

#184 Jun 12, 2014
Knoxville is one of the nicest places in the country due to its people; however there exists a monarchy mentality when it comes to business with the Chambers of Commerce at the head. If you are in opposition to the big business machine bought and paid for by the Haslams then you are on the outside and Knoxville does not like outsiders regardless of the benefits. Once the Haslam administration is ousted or imprisoned Tennessee can begin to heal much the same as Louisiana did in the 80's when they sent their crooked governor Edwards to the pookie.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#185 Jun 16, 2014
Yankee Go Home wrote:
Knoxville is moving back to the good ole days with the help of new city codes. Enforced separation of the classes by codes is City Councils goal.
http://www.wate.com/story/24820549/knoxville-...
That should be interesting.
peter dickinson

United States

#186 Jun 19, 2014
Too many damn colorerd people running around acting like jungle monkeys !
Jack

Oak Ridge, TN

#187 Jun 20, 2014
almost retired wrote:
going through a divorce, have an opportunity to be relocated there for work. but will not know anybody. Trying to decide IN or TN to start my single life all over again. There is nothing to do where I live now, but I do have friends. Is it easy to meet people there? what do people do for fun on weekends and evenings?
There's plenty to do, if you are near the main part of town. Market Square and Gay Street always have fun stuff going on.
If you don't mind driving a little farther, there are nice places to live near by for a lot less money.
Chad From Florida

Oak Ridge, TN

#188 Jun 20, 2014
Who wrote:
<quoted text>Ummmm that's what I jusrt said, doofus.
Um, no numbnuts you said this: "You don't buy houses from realtors, numbnuts, you buy them from individual owners."

You buy houses through a realtor that is working for an individual owner. So yes, you buy the house from the realtor who was hired by the owner.

You can also buy a house from an individual owner, without a realtor.

Two very different experiences, jackwagon.
Who

Knoxville, TN

#189 Jun 20, 2014
Chad From Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no numbnuts you said this: "You don't buy houses from realtors, numbnuts, you buy them from individual owners."
You buy houses through a realtor that is working for an individual owner. So yes, you buy the house from the realtor who was hired by the owner.
You can also buy a house from an individual owner, without a realtor.
Two very different experiences, jackwagon.
You buy houses from people that OWEN them idiot. Realtors do not own the houses. The sales contract is with the seller of the house, not the real estate agent.. In fact, the real estate agent is not even named in the sales agreement. Then again if you weren't a fool, you would know that, but being retarded AND from Florida, I wouldn't expect you to kn ow very much..

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#190 Jun 20, 2014
peter dickinson wrote:
Too many damn colorerd people running around acting like jungle monkeys !
Never been there, eh?
kelly

United States

#191 Oct 24, 2015
rimshot wrote:
<quoted text>
Baldy,Its people like you who make this place such a miserable place to live.
thankyou rimshot , really read all your stuff on your niece, dont think we will be moving there any time soon , plus IM Not Baptist we live in the west part of the state , and cant stand it ( i feel if you dont go to there church , they dont want any thing to do with you ( thankyou so much for your out put ( have a wonderful day
Yep

Antioch, TN

#192 Oct 25, 2015
Stay away from God ole Loudon or lenoir city it's a good ole boys town and the government jobs are placed among the members of recent ppl in office or jobs , trust me raised in this forsaken area , I hate it but be ur own judge , just my personal opinion
Yep

Antioch, TN

#193 Oct 25, 2015
Again lenoir city is full of lazy ppl won't work and Loudon too, it's a matter of time before its s crime among the elderly with all the drugs and police force again is ran by local yocals, you have good ppl there but again a struggling family who's decent can't get a good job or a good start back yrs ago if family had money or owned business or wrk at Oak Ridge you were among the crop who's kids hid their wrongs but yet others were judged so funny looking back the song so well fit " this is just a lil Peyton Place and y"all are just a bunch of Loudon/Lenoir City Hippocritics
Latin

Knoxville, TN

#197 Dec 13, 2015
Yep wrote:
Again lenoir city is full of lazy ppl won't work and Loudon too, it's a matter of time before its s crime among the elderly with all the drugs and police force again is ran by local yocals, you have good ppl there but again a struggling family who's decent can't get a good job or a good start back yrs ago if family had money or owned business or wrk at Oak Ridge you were among the crop who's kids hid their wrongs but yet others were judged so funny looking back the song so well fit " this is just a lil Peyton Place and y"all are just a bunch of Loudon/Lenoir City Hippocritics
Agree. Lenoir city is not a good place to live
YOU SAID WHAT_OOHSNAPP

San Jose, CA

#198 Dec 13, 2015
Fountain City area:
Robberies by perscription drug haggs & junkies,
peeping toms
get arrested for breaking in someone's home,you get let off to continue
Nutts knocking on your door constantly asking where the drug dealer tenant is?
Loud drunken stuper yelling in front of your apartment door
Damaging cars in the parking lotor/waking up to greasy finger prints all over your car windows
people making snide comments or the (N) word on occasion behind your back having no Idea of the consequences they're in for
I could go on
ps Undocumented freely spawning everywhere..
1 year Fountain City

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republican Scandals !!! 1 hr Lance Corporal Bubba 9
Tipping, What's is the law, What's right and ... 1 hr Just saying 1
Senator Shelby 'I couldn't vote for Roy Moore' 1 hr Lance Corporal Bubba 7
News Fountain City Park becomes target of vandals (Jan '08) 1 hr South Knox Hombre 73
Tim Burchett under investigation by FBI 5 hr Tennessee Boy 35
Wvlt News 8 Ted Hall and Rick Russo acting Hype... 5 hr Thatchick 5
Who is the best roofer in Knoxville 22 hr The Phoxx 5

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages