Is Knoxville,TN a nice place to live?
Damn The Torpedoes

Nashville, TN

#106 Jan 27, 2014
Farragut is the only place to live, if you can afford it. If not you may have to settle for other areas in west Knoxville. Just make sure its as close to Farragut as possible.
TN Voter

Lancaster, SC

#107 Jan 27, 2014
TruthorDare wrote:
<quoted text>One thing about these darn hillbillies, they place their butt's somewhere and think they own it, well most of us Northerner's wouldn't live amongst your kind anyway,and as far as unemployment what the hell are you talking about, the Southern states are worst off then we are, in case you haven't heard lately, the Southern states especially one's depending on coal-mining are gone, and your states are practically bankrupted with so many on the draw…… If it wasn't for tourism in Nashville or the Smokey Mountain's, Tenn. your great state would have little Revenue to balance out….and as far as "Please Leave Now", who are you, guess I just can't stand complete Ignorance especially when your hiding behind that great southern hospitality "you all" speak of….Just as I can't tell a bunch of hillbillies to stay South…That's the problem with hillbillies they claim entitlement…Notice I said hillbillies !!!!!
Ok... Let's talk about a few things...

1) The industry is in the south, sorry bud but have you looked at Detroit lately??? There are no jobs in that town... Unemployment is 48% and that's from the DOL... Tennessee has refineries, auto plants, weapons plants, plenty of power plants, steel mills,( I mean the city of Alcoa ) chemical plants, so you're wrong!!! Not everyone is a miner!!!

2) let's talk about the cities up north that are doing so well and places where the crime rates are low..........

.......... Zzzzzz..........zzzzzzz.... Z zzzz.......

Oh wait... There are none, but let's name a few that are broke, have horrible schools and horrible crime ... Cities like

Cleveland
Detroit
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Chicago
Indianapolis
Gary
Peoria
Milwaukee
Bridgeport
Hartford
Boston
Cincinnati
Newark
New York

Did I forget a few

Well every city mentioned is broke, has high crime, high unemployment, terrible roads, high taxes, terrible schools....

All you need to do is look it up!!! You can't compare that dump called the north, so continue to believe that story that the north is all great!!! It's a environmental castrophie up there with all the closed down mills.... All the neighborhoods outside if the city are crack houses and filled with lead paint and asbestos.... You all have ruined our nation...
TruthorDare

Homer Glen, IL

#109 Jan 29, 2014
Man, I know I shouldn't be chuckling, but,'How's the weather"?
Look's like the South is taking a beating…… "Winter storm, kicking your butt's…. Get some back-bone, taking too much for granted….That don't happen North, Were prepared and have common-sense….Stay Warm, Look who's talking,[TN Voter}….. Gotta-GO, watching the weather- channel having a nice hot chocolate in my warm snuggle blanket...
TruthorDare

Homer Glen, IL

#110 Jan 29, 2014
TN Voter, Not Good !!! The south is being told to stay home, surely with only 9 plow-truck's it should take a week or more to clear those main streets and high-ways, and I know those trailer homes don't have much insulation, so bundle-up… See up North we clear-up immediately having 100 or more snow-plow's and salt trucks... we won't be bunkered down were tough… By the way, look's like the whole south is in environmental
hazard condition's….Hint: Buy some snow-boot's, those little rubber booties won't do you much good !!!
80s guy

United States

#111 Jan 29, 2014
Winter, summer spring and fall the north is still a shit hole. I guess that is why all the yanks move down here when they retire.
TruthorDare

Homer Glen, IL

#112 Jan 29, 2014
Well 80's guy, you have a right to your opinion, most of the retiree's I know are living in Arizona or better places in Flordia……. None in Tennessee nor the Carolinia's !!! Hopely we Yank's have made enough money to retire with 'Great Pension"s', and enjoy retirement….
Get over the Civil War thing because we won for ethical reasons, I know I will never retire in the bible belt states (area's) Southern Baptist are the most prejudge mental people I have ever met…I do love the scenic "smokey mountain's" though, just beautiful, but the whole Dollywood thing suck's… I more Disney-World type….but being amongst a whole town of slow hard to understand individuals is not what I call enjoying my retirement year's...
80s guy

United States

#113 Jan 29, 2014
Big cry baby
TruthorDare

Homer Glen, IL

#114 Jan 29, 2014
Man it is so funny the way these southern states are blaming the blame game over the stupidity of being unprepared for winter storm Leon !!!! But that's their way, going to blame "God" I suppose….. well, he didn't tell us, how were we to know,what would you do if Nuclear Disaster hit, instead of bragging about your low taxes worry about your city officials making all the call's….. Never ever heard of children stranded in schools over-night, or individuals stuck in freezing temperatures for a day on end, over-night,Yet…. It can only happen South, I'll tell yah !!!!!
80s guy

United States

#116 Jan 29, 2014
I agree with you TN VOTER, I have lived and worked here all my life and have met many people that have moved here from the north. The conversations I have had with many of these people is they could not wait to get down here away from the taxes and run down cities. A lot of great people wanting a change of scenery. I have a cousin that just retired from Chicago, she moved down here with her husband. They sold their house, bought a home and land and are planning on buying horses. They said they would never go back. I have been west and North, and nothing beats East Tn. The population in TN is growing fast.
TruthorDare

Homer Glen, IL

#119 Jan 30, 2014
Danny Boy wrote:
TruthorDare, dumba$$! If ya do'nt like it down here, get the h3ll out. We don't want your kind here anyway. No one anywhere wants YOU! You are a condescending snob! You need a good old Southern beating and a$$ whooping, boy! And I can fix that turned up nose of yours for ya, too. Go back to where you came from, L0ser!
First of all, I am not there, read carefully my past post. Secondly, I wouldn't consider myself 'Rich" $$$ by know mean's, just highly motivated. When you say "Loser" your implying those terms based upon the fact that I'm a northerner so automatically I'm a snob. My view of a loser is someone who didn't set goals for themselves, someone who for whatever reason it being lazy or economically disadvantaged to want to change their circumstances and secure their future for themselves and their family. I have traveled to many counties, totally diverse cultures and have always adapted very well. My whole point in the matter is, Never will anyone tell me where to go much less where to live. I have educated my children who are highly productive and graduated from prestigious universities. I have secured one pension for my future and working on number two. I have no interest what-so-ever in spending my retirement year's in Tennessee, now, do you get the big picture ,yet !!!
true

Oak Ridge, TN

#120 Jan 31, 2014
Knoxville is on the upswing. You might find better value living in areas near by, rather than paying in town prices. South Knoxville and North Knoxville are the lowest prices close to town with nice neighborhoods.
Anything in town or out west will cost you. East Knoxville can be kind of rough depending on where you are.

There are lots of places outside Knoxville that are also nice places, like Powell, Maynardville, Halls and Clinton.
All of those places are just minutes from town but aren't affected by Knoxville's taxes and high property prices.
Really amazed

Clinton, TN

#121 Jan 31, 2014
TruthorDare wrote:
Man it is so funny the way these southern states are blaming the blame game over the stupidity of being unprepared for winter storm Leon !!!! But that's their way, going to blame "God" I suppose….. well, he didn't tell us, how were we to know,what would you do if Nuclear Disaster hit, instead of bragging about your low taxes worry about your city officials making all the call's….. Never ever heard of children stranded in schools over-night, or individuals stuck in freezing temperatures for a day on end, over-night,Yet…. It can only happen South, I'll tell yah !!!!!
Ok... You're talking about Atlanta... They were warned but like New Orleans they decided to do nothing and those elected leaders will soon be thrown out, however last year Chicago had the same thing take place on michigan avenue so again they had plenty of warning, but both elected officials decided to do nothing but I'm not talking about snow you moron... I'm talking about taxes, no jobs, high crime and run down cities and you'll find those up...... North!!!! Idiot... Why don't you get the hell out of here and go back to your beloved shiit hole up north... Just refer to my previous post... Oh you forgot about super storm sandy... Yeah
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#122 Feb 1, 2014
TruthorDare wrote:
<quoted text> First of all, I am not there, read carefully my past post. Secondly, I wouldn't consider myself 'Rich" $$$ by know mean's, just highly motivated. When you say "Loser" your implying those terms based upon the fact that I'm a northerner so automatically I'm a snob. My view of a loser is someone who didn't set goals for themselves, someone who for whatever reason it being lazy or economically disadvantaged to want to change their circumstances and secure their future for themselves and their family. I have traveled to many counties, totally diverse cultures and have always adapted very well. My whole point in the matter is, Never will anyone tell me where to go much less where to live. I have educated my children who are highly productive and graduated from prestigious universities. I have secured one pension for my future and working on number two. I have no interest what-so-ever in spending my retirement year's in Tennessee, now, do you get the big picture ,yet !!!
Most people do not brag about themselves or their kids... Talking about great universities, but most of the schools out there today are turning out idiots that run in ideologies instead of real world situations... I know my company has EIT programs for the mechanical engineers, because the kids are so damn stupid that they need trained because they can't pass the engineer test... The Engineer in training program is three years and it's aggressive so telling me that you put your kids in a prestigious school is not impressive, but sad because the company has to invest time in these so called educated kids!!! As far as moving to Tennessee when you retire..... Please don't!!! You all have ruined your states, so don't come down here and tell us how you did it up north... We know how you did it up north.... We already know how great that worked for you all!!!
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#123 Feb 1, 2014
TruthorDare wrote:
Well 80's guy, you have a right to your opinion, most of the retiree's I know are living in Arizona or better places in Flordia……. None in Tennessee nor the Carolinia's !!! Hopely we Yank's have made enough money to retire with 'Great Pension"s', and enjoy retirement….
Get over the Civil War thing because we won for ethical reasons, I know I will never retire in the bible belt states (area's) Southern Baptist are the most prejudge mental people I have ever met…I do love the scenic "smokey mountain's" though, just beautiful, but the whole Dollywood thing suck's… I more Disney-World type….but being amongst a whole town of slow hard to understand individuals is not what I call enjoying my retirement year's...
Well go to Arizona.. Just keep your arrogant ass up north... Civil war has nothing to do with it... I'm surprised that you would have mentioned it, I mean being an elite right.... I like the way you brag about great pensions.. Trust me you have nothing!!! Folks that have do not brag...
TruthorDare

Homer Glen, IL

#124 Feb 2, 2014
TN Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people do not brag about themselves or their kids... Talking about great universities, but most of the schools out there today are turning out idiots that run in ideologies instead of real world situations... I know my company has EIT programs for the mechanical engineers, because the kids are so damn stupid that they need trained because they can't pass the engineer test... The Engineer in training program is three years and it's aggressive so telling me that you put your kids in a prestigious school is not impressive, but sad because the company has to invest time in these so called educated kids!!! As far as moving to Tennessee when you retire..... Please don't!!! You all have ruined your states, so don't come down here and tell us how you did it up north... We know how you did it up north.... We already know how great that worked for you all!!!
Are you for real or just a plain ignorant fool ? Your company, oh boy and where did you earn your degree? What the hell is that EIT, are you kidding me…well hope everyone's mechanically inclined, at least. My kid'{kid's} you fool have doctor in front of their name and chemical engineering with degree's in chemistry/physic's….. Your company couldn't afford my kid !!! I'm not trying to impress you as you have so put it, I could care less…You just do not have the intellect to be impressed, and your aggressive training program your company offer's is small change bullish**….At least you do work, so with that I give you some credit, at least your not on the draw, like so many other's down south….But you certainly have a closed mind, and very misinformed !!!
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#125 Feb 2, 2014
TruthorDare wrote:
<quoted text> Are you for real or just a plain ignorant fool ? Your company, oh boy and where did you earn your degree? What the hell is that EIT, are you kidding me…well hope everyone's mechanically inclined, at least. My kid'{kid's} you fool have doctor in front of their name and chemical engineering with degree's in chemistry/physic's….. Your company couldn't afford my kid !!! I'm not trying to impress you as you have so put it, I could care less…You just do not have the intellect to be impressed, and your aggressive training program your company offer's is small change bullish**….At least you do work, so with that I give you some credit, at least your not on the draw, like so many other's down south….But you certainly have a closed mind, and very misinformed !!!
Well I can't call it you're company now can I? Now I already called a EIT a Engineer "E" In "I" Training "T" EIT... Engineer in training.... Now what was your question again or should I say what is you are ( you're ) question again???
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#126 Feb 2, 2014
TruthorDare wrote:
<quoted text> Are you for real or just a plain ignorant fool ? Your company, oh boy and where did you earn your degree? What the hell is that EIT, are you kidding me…well hope everyone's mechanically inclined, at least. My kid'{kid's} you fool have doctor in front of their name and chemical engineering with degree's in chemistry/physic's….. Your company couldn't afford my kid !!! I'm not trying to impress you as you have so put it, I could care less…You just do not have the intellect to be impressed, and your aggressive training program your company offer's is small change bullish**….At least you do work, so with that I give you some credit, at least your not on the draw, like so many other's down south….But you certainly have a closed mind, and very misinformed !!!
I work for one of the largest corporations in the world! Trust me we could afford your kid, but we don't hire morons... We are a German corporation. The largest power generation corporation on earth. We make trains! We make MRI imaging units! We have 86,000 employees in the USA and over 500,000 world wide and we can't afford your kid... You sir.... Are a dick...

I'm still laughing at your comment about your kid... Ohhhh a chemist ... And I love the my company can't afford your kid... That was the gayest thing I ever heard ... Your company can't afford my kid ... My kids better ... He was and is the best...... Well is that soooooo hey I got an idea??? How much money do you make??? I'm sure you will lie about that too

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#128 Feb 2, 2014
Larry wrote:
Too many colored people they smell bad won't work useless
Not in Knoxville....anyone disagree?
TruthorDare

Homer Glen, IL

#129 Feb 2, 2014
TN Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
I work for one of the largest corporations in the world! Trust me we could afford your kid, but we don't hire morons... We are a German corporation. The largest power generation corporation on earth. We make trains! We make MRI imaging units! We have 86,000 employees in the USA and over 500,000 world wide and we can't afford your kid... You sir.... Are a dick...
I'm still laughing at your comment about your kid... Ohhhh a chemist ... And I love the my company can't afford your kid... That was the gayest thing I ever heard ... Your company can't afford my kid ... My kids better ... He was and is the best...... Well is that soooooo hey I got an idea??? How much money do you make??? I'm sure you will lie about that too
Well tell me the trains you build then, what railroad? You have no idea about just how much clout I have within the Locomotive Industry, and who I have contacts with that actually do build locomotive's….. and you can laugh all you want, my son has earned his degree in chemical engineering and is working on being a Chemical Engineer Patent Attorney, So far I have seen nothing but foul language coming out of your big mouth, not only that a punk ass telling me how i need a good ass-whopping…. Gotta laugh, come to "Big City'' shooting off that mouth, bring your 'Kin-folk", we can have a remake of the Patrick Swayne movie, only thing is, the out-come will be totally different…. Good movie though as far as entertainment goes….I can't even believe I'm actually continuing to deal with you…Coincidence surfing the internet, lucky me !! Right, TN Voter…
TruthorDare

Homer Glen, IL

#130 Feb 3, 2014
TruthorDare wrote:
<quoted text> Well tell me the trains you build then, what railroad? You have no idea about just how much clout I have within the Locomotive Industry, and who I have contacts with that actually do build locomotive's….. and you can laugh all you want, my son has earned his degree in chemical engineering and is working on being a Chemical Engineer Patent Attorney, So far I have seen nothing but foul language coming out of your big mouth, not only that a punk ass telling me how i need a good ass-whopping…. Gotta laugh, come to "Big City'' shooting off that mouth, bring your 'Kin-folk", we can have a remake of the Patrick Swayne movie, only thing is, the out-come will be totally different…. Good movie though as far as entertainment goes….I can't even believe I'm actually continuing to deal with you…Coincidence surfing the internet, lucky me !! Right, TN Voter…
TN Voter, I have too tell you," Dream Big ", ok…. a German company, is that Country ??? or do you mean a certain last name?? I surely have a reason for asking you that ??? Now, where do you get this 86,000 figure of employees in this so called company in the state of Tenn? Surely not Knoxville, Your University doesn't even have that, so, bottom line your a under-graduate attending Tenn.Tech University, Yippie…at least your trying!!! and by the way, I already exposed the fact I have already have 1 pension and furthermore another one one the way, so now you figure it all out…..and it's all legal….Your the one with all the "Brains" isn't that right ???? And my kid isn't greedy, but $22.00 a hr job just don't cut-it…now try 6 figures for starter's… other-wise, you keep-up the good work, cramming-it!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6412 Beaver Ridge Road house (Sep '14) 7 hr the grimy phoxx 4
News Residents angry over release of Ilegal Immigrants (Jun '10) 8 hr boB 728
Carriage Trace apartments in Clinton! Are they ... 22 hr back from nutz haus 5
Goodwill Bearden 23 hr Coach Phoxx 2
need spanking (Dec '11) Tue Billy 53
How does Phil Williams Show stay on the air? (Jun '10) Tue Jarvis 145
Wolf Tree (Jun '12) Mon 20027137asshole 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages