Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Judged:

I would love to hear about Knoxville and the surrounding area. We are from FL living in NorthWestern TN in a rural area- not liking it so much...looking for a little urban but some nice 'home town' feel...we have younger kids so looking for a nice area with fun things to do for families, shopping,diversity,etc. Would love to hear about the Knoxville area...

Since: Aug 11

Vonore, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Judged:

Personally, I like the Knoxville area. Most of the schools are decent (at least they were when my kids were in school) and the area is beautiful. Plenty to do with the mountains so close.
hotrod

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

Judged:

I like knoxville I've lived here my whole life so I don't have anything else 2 compare it 2. I lived in Halls for about 17 yrs. Its a nice community. I live in Fountian City now. I've been here 5 yrs. its really nice.
New to Knox

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

My wife, daughter and I just moved here from SE Missouri last June. I know how you feel about that part of the country. It is very boring. There is little to do for families. We really like the Knoxville area. We moved to Maryville, which is just south of Knoxville. It still has the small town feel without the big city bustle. Plus, the schools are the best in the area. There is tons of stuff for the family out here. With Pigeon Forge, Smoky Mountain National Park and Gatlinburg nearby you literally will never run out of things to do. Knoxville is a clean town with lots of shopping. Pigeon Forge also has a huge outlet mall. The mountains are beautiful and have lots of wildlife. In the summer there are tons of places to swim in the area rivers. There are also lakes in every direction for boating. If you like to off-road (atv, Jeeps, etc), two of the biggest off-roading parks in the United States are just north of Knoxville. After moving here from SE Missouri, we have pretty much decided we will never move back.
LOGIC PLEASE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Judged:

Look for older neighborhoods that were built in the seventies.Homes there,tend to be owned by older people,who watch their neighborhood.
I would tell you about where I live in Knoxville,but I do not know you.
Union Lady

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Scrabblelady66 wrote:
I would love to hear about Knoxville and the surrounding area. We are from FL living in NorthWestern TN in a rural area- not liking it so much...looking for a little urban but some nice 'home town' feel...we have younger kids so looking for a nice area with fun things to do for families, shopping,diversity,etc. Would love to hear about the Knoxville area...
Knoxville is a republican town,if you like Tennessee come to Overton County ,Tn and live there only 90 miles to knoxville,nashville and chattanooga.
great place..
rimshot

Medford, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Judged:

Moved to KNoxville from New England. It has been a problem . Moved here with Niece. This is a republican area and they don't like liberals. Heavy Baptist area. You have to find your own area here. My Niece died after a short time in St Mary's hospital. She had seen the cemetary near Norris. I made arrangements to have here buried there. After waiting two years, there was still no tombstone, The owner of the cemetary told me to come out and pick up the cremated remains. I sood there and watch him dig her up. I didn't know where in the field she had been interred. I reported it to the state, It appears tyhe owner was waiting until he had several people wmaiting for tombstones before he would order the stones. He was upset with me for pestering him to get a stone. Needless to say, I think the Halls area sucks big time.
Balderdash

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Judged:

rimshot wrote:
Moved to KNoxville from New England. It has been a problem . Moved here with Niece. This is a republican area and they don't like liberals. Heavy Baptist area. You have to find your own area here. My Niece died after a short time in St Mary's hospital. She had seen the cemetary near Norris. I made arrangements to have here buried there. After waiting two years, there was still no tombstone, The owner of the cemetary told me to come out and pick up the cremated remains. I sood there and watch him dig her up. I didn't know where in the field she had been interred. I reported it to the state, It appears tyhe owner was waiting until he had several people wmaiting for tombstones before he would order the stones. He was upset with me for pestering him to get a stone. Needless to say, I think the Halls area sucks big time.
Sounds like we would all be better off if you left. Don't let us keep you. You can be just as miserable up north, so go for it.
rimshot

Medford, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Judged:

Balderdash wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like we would all be better off if you left. Don't let us keep you. You can be just as miserable up north, so go for it.
Baldy,Its people like you who make this place such a miserable place to live.
Balderdash

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Judged:

rimshot wrote:
<quoted text>
Baldy,Its people like you who make this place such a miserable place to live.
Great, be rid of me and get the hell out of our state. Its a win-win.

Since: Jan 12

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Judged:

Knoxville would be perfect were it not for University Of Tennessee. The are too many immature, whiny, spoiled little brats running all about thinking they know everything.
I have been in college towns all my life and Knoxville is quite nice but the students seems to be a little worse than others.

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Judged:

Balderdash wrote:
Great, pack your ass up and head north with that other dipshit.
Actually, maybe head down to Tallahassee. So how long did it take you to lose all your teeth, I guess the Meth helped it along.
Balderdash

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

Kim DotCom wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, maybe head down to Tallahassee. So how long did it take you to lose all your teeth, I guess the Meth helped it along.
About as long as it took you to lose all your self respect I guess.
Osama Bin Haslam

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

Knoxville is a joke. If you want ANY culture go to Chattanooga or Nashville. These hillbillies consider the "Big Arnge" the be all and end all. Oh, but they did have "Nine Counties One Vision" once.
Balderdash

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

Osama Bin Haslam wrote:
Knoxville is a joke. If you want ANY culture go to Chattanooga or Nashville. These hillbillies consider the "Big Arnge" the be all and end all. Oh, but they did have "Nine Counties One Vision" once.
Sounds like a plan. Pack up and move on. Sounds like you won't be missed. Life's too short to spend it where you're not happy, so don't let the door hit you in the buttocks on the way out.

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

Balderdash wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like a plan. Pack up and move on. Sounds like you won't be missed. Life's too short to spend it where you're not happy, so don't let the door hit you in the buttocks on the way out.
Won't leave until August. I said this is a nice place, I like Knoxville except for all the spoiled, bratty UT kids.
Guess I'll see how the compare to the kids at Florida State.
Rick2-California

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Hi-- Any California transplantsin Knoxvlle? If U R how did U adjust to Knoxville and the South after California.?? Would you do the same ( move there) again?

Thanks
fredrick.taylor@comcast.net
oldster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

The climate is pretty nice. The people are very conservative, think Bible Belt. It is not common to meet people who think evolution is valid science. Lots of Bible related private schools. The publc schools in Knox County are not very good on the whole. Many of the high schools didn't make the grade. Schools in Maryville and Alcoa are better.
This isn't good or bad it just the reality.
Yea

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Chose your area wisely... it CAN be great, but like any city it's drug and crime infested
Jay Graham

Tamassee, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Kim DotCom wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds good to me, I'm out!!! Peace b!tches.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Knoxville Forum right now

Search the Knoxville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Engagement Cranmore-Bell (Aug '07) 2 hr Wab 18
TBI investigating allegations Cocke County high... 3 hr all criminals 4
Western Sizzlin Merchants Rd. 4 hr Zeke 2
There is an Actual Effel Tower in Paris TN. 4 hr Fitus T Bluster 2
D'Iberville police looking for suspects in fake... 7 hr Bess Blaise 4
Certification rescinded for Monroe County sheri... 8 hr Monroe Co voter 2
Marcy Hatch 11 hr Ginger76 1
•••
•••