Controversial Loudon County school site eyed for sell-off

Nov 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Knoxville News Sentinel

When the Loudon County school board paid $2.2 million for 80 acres of land on U.S. Highway 321 in Lenoir City back in 2006, the deal was controversial.

Comments
21 - 27 of 27 Comments Last updated Dec 7, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Word To The Wise

Louisville, TN

#21 Dec 4, 2012
Loudon Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You can count on Loudon County Courts and Government to NOT INVESTIGATE anyone associated with them (add LC City to list).
a partial list 1) school land buy of over1million over fair value
2) Rarity Bay tax values rigged lower by Arp
3)L C City bought by city ( Sun Trust BLD) from local LC Pol's ,no disclosure.
4)Set up for new land purchases by Loudon county School Board for new School and watch new building at Greenback, Phil and Loudon.
5) Our local law enforcemenr (R. J.) refused to charge Arp and Ross BUT the FED's are charginging Ross. Now go after ARP and other Loudon county POL's.
Don't forget DAG turningn over the ivestigation of Winston Blazer's thefts from Tellico Village to Blazer's lawyer to investigte. Said lawyer has admittted in writing that he did indeed advise the board it couldn't do anything about Blazer stealing for TVPOA, citing lawyer client privilege. and the Ethics Committee of the Bar assoc. didn't see anything wrong with it. Said lawyer also admitted running up nearly $300,000 in legal fees blocking members from seeing TVPOA records, which state law says they are entitled to see and the Ethics Committee didnt' see anything wrong with that either. When a lawyer admits breaking the law, and the ethics committee says it's OK it indicates the whole system is corrupt all the way to the top. Even the regulators who are supposed to be overseeing these crooks are in on the scam. A local lawyer told me that we are dealing with a good old boy mafia made up of local VIP's, professional people, and people with money and they all circle the wagons to protect each other from the great unwashed masses. That's you and me, folks. Have a nice day.
Marcia

Knoxville, TN

#22 Dec 5, 2012
Vigilante is not the answer. If the KKK began for what you might think was a last resort for justice, it certainly didn't turn out that way.
Violence only brings more violence and innocent people suffer.
As a Christian I prefer to pray for corruption to be exposed and justice done within the law. It isn't easy, but it is still possible in America.
Whut

AOL

#23 Dec 5, 2012
I dont know what the answer is, but I do know there is no justice in the criminal system.
Goose

United States

#24 Dec 5, 2012
Word To The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you don't agree with me on that, but the KKK came into being when citizens had no recourse under the law and decided to put sheets over thier heads and get justice in the night. Our situation is almost similar to what it was back then. The KKK wasn't racist in the beginning. It was a vigilante group that decided that if the courts and government was not honest, citizens had to take matters into their own hands. Everything is for sale in this area, including justice. When the whole system is corrupt as it is here, what other suggestion would you like to make. Don't count on the US govt. to come to your assistance. All they are interested in is promoting unequal justice and protecting criminals from prosecution. If you don't beleive that, tell me why those (black) gangs of "teens" who are looting store in what they call Waves, and beating up white people ont he streets, are not being rounded up and prosecuted. Stores have them on camera so there should be any problem. This country is on the verge of anachry because the government won't prosecute crtain protected classes. People will tolerate this crap for just so long and the sheets and guns will come out, and vigilantes will be meting out justice..
You can post revisionist bullhockey about the KKK if you like, but it's easy enough to refute. The men who started it, Albert Pike and Nathan Bedford Forrest, were both confederate army generals and 33rd degree masons. It was founded as a masonic terrorist organization.
Kathy

Knoxville, TN

#25 Dec 5, 2012
Masonic terrorist organization? That's like calling the mafia an Intalian cultural organization.
Loudon Joe

Loudon, TN

#26 Dec 7, 2012
Thank the County Comm. for voting down the County School Board's request for ANOTHER 5 MILLION building program BEFORE the current ones is completed. These SPENDERS on the BOE can not wait to raise more taxes for more building. Enough until the current projects are completed and a complete review can be done (and we don't need moe vacant and speculation either).
Goose

Oak Ridge, NC

#27 Dec 7, 2012
Loudon Joe wrote:
Thank the County Comm. for voting down the County School Board's request for ANOTHER 5 MILLION building program BEFORE the current ones is completed. These SPENDERS on the BOE can not wait to raise more taxes for more building. Enough until the current projects are completed and a complete review can be done (and we don't need moe vacant and speculation either).
I have to disagree on that. The tax was levied specifically for schools. The longer it sits in the bank the more commissioners think of other things they'd like to spend it on. They have already talked about what else they could use it for. The BOE isn't the only group of spendaholics.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr Jim 8,615
Steve Phillips leaving WBIR for radio station i... (Sep '13) 5 hr JimBob 42
Tony Mcafee Cult leader 15 hr Ahold 8
Amanda Hara 15 hr Hed Tall 1
Craig's list 20 hr all talk 5
TBI investigates missing records at Lenoir City... (Jan '11) Thu blah blah blah 115
deuces wild club (Dec '08) Thu Lionskitten 81
•••
•••
Knoxville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Knoxville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••