Tennessee woman injured in India terr...

Tennessee woman injured in India terrorist attacks

There are 12 comments on the www.newschannel5.com story from Nov 27, 2008, titled Tennessee woman injured in India terrorist attacks. In it, www.newschannel5.com reports that:

A Tennessee woman is among the people injured in terrorist attacks in India.

WBIR reports Andy Varagon, who also goes by the name Rudrani Devi, is recovering from gunshot wounds to the arm and leg in an India hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.newschannel5.com.

Momma

Parsons, TN

#1 Nov 29, 2008
I hope she's OK and I have to wonder how pleantiful and how safe the blood supply is there for transfusions. When did Andrea Varagona change her name to Rudrani Devi?

Earl Keese

“global warming is a hoax”

Since: Apr 08

knoxville

#2 Dec 1, 2008
Momma wrote:
I hope she's OK and I have to wonder how pleantiful and how safe the blood supply is there for transfusions. When did Andrea Varagona change her name to Rudrani Devi?
more than likely when she became a member of the cult.

Montrose 1973

Since: Feb 08

Knox Co.

#3 Dec 1, 2008
She should have stayed Home I reckon.

Earl Keese

knoxville

#4 Dec 1, 2008
Montrose 1973 wrote:
in this day and age, you have to be realistic about how things are outside the bounds of this country.
60 Gunner

Sandy Ridge, NC

#5 Dec 1, 2008
Montrose 1973 wrote:
R.T.F.O!!

Earl Keese

knoxville

#6 Dec 1, 2008
Montrose 1973 wrote:
a friend of mine recently went back to her homeland to visit her folks in thailand.
she left just one day before protesters shut down the airport.

she also talks about the unrest there.
chit like that won't flt 'round these parts.

b.t.w.
i was serious about the cult comment !!!

Earl Keese

knoxville

#7 Dec 1, 2008
edit:

fly, not flt.
Old Folks

Miami, FL

#8 Dec 2, 2008
I have no pity for Americans who go abroad to work and make those big wages. In 1963 we had a very sick infant and owed more medical bills than I ever thought of.

I had a chance to go one of the Muslim countries for ten times the money I was making doing the same work.

My young wife asked why so much money? I told her I might be killed. She said to never mention that again. The people that go know the risk.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#9 Dec 2, 2008
Old Folks wrote:
I have no pity for Americans who go abroad to work and make those big wages. In 1963 we had a very sick infant and owed more medical bills than I ever thought of.
I had a chance to go one of the Muslim countries for ten times the money I was making doing the same work.
My young wife asked why so much money? I told her I might be killed. She said to never mention that again. The people that go know the risk.
India is not "one of the Muslim countries" and Varagon was making a quick business trip to its main financial center, not living there to "make those big wages." Your comments really don't apply to this story.

Earl Keese

knoxville

#10 Dec 2, 2008
back in 1981 i went overseas to saudi arabia to work for one full year.
the pay was incredible.
but you had to stay the entire year to get it without taxes.

it was hard work, and at the end of the days you went straight to the secure compound.
it was made very clear to everyone that your safety was not guaranteed outside of the controlled area set aside for us.

i can't imagine anyone in their right mind going to the middle east or surrounding areas for pleasure or "enlightenment".

“Goddess on the Loose.”

Since: Mar 08

Morristown

#11 Dec 2, 2008
Earl Keese wrote:
back in 1981 i went overseas to saudi arabia to work for one full year.
the pay was incredible.
but you had to stay the entire year to get it without taxes.
it was hard work, and at the end of the days you went straight to the secure compound.
it was made very clear to everyone that your safety was not guaranteed outside of the controlled area set aside for us.
i can't imagine anyone in their right mind going to the middle east or surrounding areas for pleasure or "enlightenment".
Now that just sounds like something you would do, Earl. I'd say I could listen for hours to you telling about the places you've been and the things you have done.
noon

Franklin, TN

#12 Dec 28, 2013
Momma wrote:
The second she realized she could get rich from pretending to be a shaman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vincent Andreula 42 min XXX 2
Moreland janitorial/Angela Douglas "Moreland" 3 hr Justaguy 1
tn republicans raised gas tax 5 hr South Knox Hombre 10
Will West, Pony He Rides 98.7 FM 14 hr Jack Meoff 9
Murray Guard Inc 20 hr John 1
How does Phil Williams Show stay on the air? (Jun '10) 20 hr Judges 195
The Psychic Conoco Lottery Women. 23 hr AndAllofUs 2

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance