Stay away from Ray's Roofing out of N...

Stay away from Ray's Roofing out of New Market

Posted in the Knoxville Forum

Since: Oct 12

Knoxville, TN

#1 Oct 2, 2012
Our experience with Ray and his company, Ray's Roofing [from New Market Tennessee] was terrible. He never submitted any contract. He demanded that we pay him in cash only. We had him rebuild 3 decks and power wash the house and garage. He finished the deck [all three] in one day! He used 2 x 4's on the steps at the back deck, it left huge gaps in between the boards. None of the handrails were finished, there was huge gaps in between them where the were put together, all of the decks were out of square, steps were uneven, all of the stringers on all decks were badly split. We have called Ray 4 times to get this fixed and each time we do he tells us he will fix it next week. He also overcharged us on the power wash. I would never recommend this out fit to anyone.

Knoxville, TN

#4 Oct 2, 2012
Our experience with Ray and his company, Ray's Roofing [from New Market Tennessee] was terrible. He never submitted any contract. He demanded that we pay him in cash only. We had him rebuild 3 decks and power wash the house and garage. He finished the deck [all three] in one day! He used 2 x 4's on the steps at the back deck, it left huge gaps in between the boards. None of the handrails were finished, there was huge gaps in between them where the were put together, all of the decks were out of square, steps were uneven, all of the stringers on all decks were badly split. We have called Ray 4 times to get this fixed and each time we do he tells us he will fix it next week. He also overcharged us on the power wash. I would never recommend this out fit to anyone.
funny

New Market, TN

#5 Oct 2, 2012
Stay away from Earl I hear from Clawed that he has terrible PENIS Breath...
Smelly feet

Knoxville, TN

#6 Oct 2, 2012
In Tennessee any work under $3000 does not need a contract furthermore , only a verbal contract .if this is the same man ,he goes around scamming people and because you other posters don't know the circumstances please take into consideration that you don't know all the facts.this is no joke someone lost a lot of money to a con man who knows how to work inside the law, and get away with it.
funny

Seymour, TN

#8 Oct 3, 2012
Earl are you still here??? So it's true huh,you really do have Penis Breath..Finally Clawed was right about something...Have a most F-ed up day you Filthy Bastard....
funny

Knoxville, TN

#9 Oct 3, 2012
Of course I'll take up for ol' Ray. He's roofed my house and reamed my plumbing many times and done an unforgettable job.
Landon

Knoxville, TN

#10 Oct 3, 2012
PowerWalker wrote:
I have no use for dishonest contractors or shoddy roofers, should be put in jail. thanks to the forum, we can expose these low lifes so nobody else will hire them

Knoxville, TN

#11 Oct 3, 2012
Earl, you sir are an asshole. I am trying to fix up my father's home and I have no experience with carpenters. So, yes, I suppose I am ignorant in this case but I am not stupid. Learn about these things before posting..as you do not need a contract or license under 3000 dollars as pointed out here.

Knoxville, TN

#12 Oct 3, 2012
I never paid up front and he never did a walk through!
brandy

Union City, GA

#13 Aug 1, 2013
All ray hires is druggies he is sorry atc roofing he is getting a law suit put on him thay put new shingles over old on a church Greg did that he smokes crack ray would not gave my sister her husbands checks when he died he owed him 3000 dollars do not hire atc
Fact Check

Knoxville, TN

#14 Aug 2, 2013
Smelly feet wrote:
In Tennessee any work under $3000 does not need a contract furthermore , only a verbal contract .if this is the same man ,he goes around scamming people and because you other posters don't know the circumstances please take into consideration that you don't know all the facts.this is no joke someone lost a lot of money to a con man who knows how to work inside the law, and get away with it.
That isn't correct. The law in Tennessee requires that a home improvement LICENSE is required for work that costs over $3,000. It does NOT require a written contract. Also, a verbal agreement can be effective, but you should have an unbiased witness. Always best to have a written agreement and pay NO money up front, or a small deposit for material and good faith. Since there are people out there like him, if it is true, it is more reason to use common sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Child Support (Sep '10) 5 hr Outcome 35
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 9 hr Ghost of Bob Becker 366
Welfare Recipients Are Paid More Than Minimum W... 19 hr ThomasA 48
News Crime 34 mins ago 12:20 p.m.Former KPD patrolma... Fri Gentleman Dan Cal... 8
News Knoxville petition created to remove confederat... Fri No Party 67
Michaels night club Fri Steve 10
UT athletics photographer on paid leave Fri Ansel Adams 1

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages