R.I.P. Phil Everly

Jan 5, 2014 Full story: Metropulse.com 9

We got the news today that Phil Everly, the younger of the two Everly Brothers, died this week in California, at the age of 74. The West High alums lived here in Knoxville for just two or three years, but it was a key time in their career, when they separated their act from their parents' family act, and when they discovered rock'n'roll.

Full Story
Lane

Columbia, TN

#1 Jan 5, 2014
He was a very decent man. Met him and his wife they were very down to earth and we had a good laugh!!!
Ron

Harriman, TN

#4 Jan 5, 2014
Take your meds Ron, or we will give you another dose of what you got in Florida.
Ron W of kodak

Harriman, TN

#10 Jan 5, 2014
When I knock three times your wife answers the door, twice gets your daughter...common knowledge in the kodak area.

If I knock on your door Ron you'll know it, I'll be sure to use special Disney rounds.

Can a 67 year old man duck fast?
Ruth

San Jose, CA

#14 Jul 21, 2014
I really want to hear more about Phil's arrest for drag racing in Nashville.I can't find his mug shots anywhere. When I google I just get Justin Beiber, ugh. I think there is some consesus that his brother Don is the wild one but Phil did some nutty stuff too when he was young. I'll bet his arrest pics are as cute as his yearbook pics!
Maria Elena

San Jose, CA

#15 Jul 21, 2014
I was looking for Phil's arrest for drag racing and got Don's wife, Adela, getting arrested in December of 2013!!!! I've never even heard of this! I should probably go to Don's house to see if he's okay.
Ruth

Belmont, CA

#16 Jul 26, 2014
I would LOVE to see Phil Everly's mug shots from when he was drag racing in August 1959 in Nashville.Did he wink in those too? I'll bet those were as cute as that yearbook pic of him!
Ruth

Belmont, CA

#17 Jul 26, 2014
I'm trying to find news articles from 1959 about Phil Rverly getting arrested fro drag racing as well.
Ruth

Belmont, CA

#18 Jul 26, 2014
It just occurred to me that both Don and Phil Everly are familiar with bondage. Don Everly has probably been in a straitjacket nad in a padded cell, and Phil Everly must have been in handcuffs. What a bondage fantasy those Everly Brothers could have been! Wonder if there exist any pics of their bondage? That would be hot!
Maria Elena

San Jose, CA

#20 Jul 31, 2014
I wonder if there is footage of Don getting electro shock treatment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get Real 7 hr Grow Up 2
Obama Calls for Two Years of Free Community Col... 8 hr barry 1,235
slander one this knoxville topix forum! (Jan '13) 10 hr woweee 5
persistent jet contrails 11 hr curious 1
Matt Hinkin WATE-TV a POOR example of a Weather... (Mar '13) 21 hr Philly1954 9
Your loving dog can and will bite your baby Fri Roy 23
deuces wild club (Dec '08) Fri Roy 87
Knoxville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Knoxville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:26 am PST

Bleacher Report11:26AM
Bears, Steelers Among Top Spots for FA RB Jackson
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?