LMU- Duncan School of Law Institution...

LMU- Duncan School of Law Institutional Racism

Posted in the Knoxville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TTop

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jun 6, 2011
I was planning on applying to Lincoln Memorial University Duncan School of Law, but after doing research and visiting the campus I learned that they have only two African Americans in the program, one Indian, no Asians, and the rest are white students.
I was concerned that this program (not LMU as a university ) is exercising institutional racism. I more than confident that there are numerous ethnic people applying but yet, not many accepted.

Another thing that struck me odd, when researching the staff. They employ teachers that were ex-judge that had a TBI investigation; and lots of teachers that are teaching have red flags on there resume; or have little to no experience. After speaking with the admission staff I learned that numerous teachers were leaving because of the way the program ran. A lot of admission staff were leaving also for the racist and underhanded admission requirements.

I ultimately decided not to apply to the program, but decided to share this bit of information with perspective ethnic students, because law school is a big debt ness, and might as well have as much information needed before going to a school seeking accreditation and seems to have more problems than we can shake a stick at.
Sweet Maggie

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jun 6, 2011
TTop, I was wondering do you know any students that attend LMu because I know some and I thought the school sounded pretty good. I'm not sure about the number of ethnic students but the staff arnt the best because the school has just started
Commander

Morristown, TN

#3 Jun 7, 2011
By encouraging Americans do adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called “diversity” actually perpetuate racism. Their obsession with racial group identity is inherently racist. We have been taught as an American society to identify, and at the same time, classify each individual into a certain religious, ethnic, or racial groups to better serve our own inconsistent insecurities. We should understand that racism and “color” will forever endure until we stop thinking in terms of groups and begin to think in terms of individual liberty and self worth. We were never given our rights by being gay, black, female, Latino, lesbian, male, Asian, white or other minorities or majorities. We get our rights from our creator as individual beings. So, every individual has an individual liberty and deserves the inherent right to be recognized as a living being of self worth and respect. Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of inferior groups rather than unique worthy individuals.

Focus on your own self worth and what you can bring to the table rather than what the "others" who are different from you can do for you. Stop thinking that somebody owes you something and get on with your life. You are not entitled to anything. Stop perpetuating ignorance. Stop being a color and start being HUMAN!

JVR

Since: Apr 11

Schaumburg, IL

#4 Jun 7, 2011
Commander wrote:
By encouraging Americans do adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called “diversity” actually perpetuate racism. Their obsession with racial group identity is inherently racist. We have been taught as an American society to identify, and at the same time, classify each individual into a certain religious, ethnic, or racial groups to better serve our own inconsistent insecurities. We should understand that racism and “color” will forever endure until we stop thinking in terms of groups and begin to think in terms of individual liberty and self worth. We were never given our rights by being gay, black, female, Latino, lesbian, male, Asian, white or other minorities or majorities. We get our rights from our creator as individual beings. So, every individual has an individual liberty and deserves the inherent right to be recognized as a living being of self worth and respect. Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of inferior groups rather than unique worthy individuals.
Focus on your own self worth and what you can bring to the table rather than what the "others" who are different from you can do for you. Stop thinking that somebody owes you something and get on with your life. You are not entitled to anything. Stop perpetuating ignorance. Stop being a color and start being HUMAN!
Quoted for truth.

To the OP: It sounds like through your research, you've saved yourself a great deal of money in the long run. Good on you.
TTop

United States

#5 Jun 7, 2011
I really did, Im glad I didnt make the mistake of shelling out 30+ thousand dollars for a program that clearly wasnt for me.

@Commander: I have and always will be a person that let me work and merits speak for me. This post was not to perpetuate ignorance, or start a racial conversation. It was to shead light on the fact that in the real world there a different races that have different perspectives in life. the world is filled with different schools of thought as well as different perspectives that differ from race to race. I think that it is unfair to have a program especially law ( which these students will eventually run our judicial system) to not have the diverse thoughts represented.
At no point in the post did I mention or even elude to "the world" owes me anything. I stand firm on the fact that in order to live in this world we must all be represented in a way that is beneficial to learning, understanding..etc. If we didnt have different persepctives and insight due to our race we all would think the same. And then what kind of mess would we be in then.
LOGIC PLEASE

United States

#6 Jun 7, 2011
TTop wrote:
I really did, Im glad I didnt make the mistake of shelling out 30+ thousand dollars for a program that clearly wasnt for me.
@Commander: I have and always will be a person that let me work and merits speak for me. This post was not to perpetuate ignorance, or start a racial conversation. It was to shead light on the fact that in the real world there a different races that have different perspectives in life. the world is filled with different schools of thought as well as different perspectives that differ from race to race. I think that it is unfair to have a program especially law ( which these students will eventually run our judicial system) to not have the diverse thoughts represented.
At no point in the post did I mention or even elude to "the world" owes me anything. I stand firm on the fact that in order to live in this world we must all be represented in a way that is beneficial to learning, understanding..etc. If we didnt have different persepctives and insight due to our race we all would think the same. And then what kind of mess would we be in then.
I think you are full of horseshyt.You are a fool who has a problem with LMU.
Perhaps they canned your butt because of YOUR RACISM!
No one else will listen to you,so you come to the internut,to vent for free.
Race does not give you insight,open vision does.
I am sure after you fail,you blame whitey,those slant eyes,camel jocks,and etc.,rather than your own narrow mindedness.
Knuckles

Morristown, TN

#7 Jun 7, 2011
TTop wrote:
I really did, Im glad I didnt make the mistake of shelling out 30+ thousand dollars for a program that clearly wasnt for me.
@Commander: I have and always will be a person that let me work and merits speak for me. This post was not to perpetuate ignorance, or start a racial conversation. It was to shead light on the fact that in the real world there a different races that have different perspectives in life. the world is filled with different schools of thought as well as different perspectives that differ from race to race. I think that it is unfair to have a program especially law ( which these students will eventually run our judicial system) to not have the diverse thoughts represented.
At no point in the post did I mention or even elude to "the world" owes me anything. I stand firm on the fact that in order to live in this world we must all be represented in a way that is beneficial to learning, understanding..etc. If we didnt have different persepctives and insight due to our race we all would think the same. And then what kind of mess would we be in then.
I think you are the racist. You original post stated clearly that is wasn't "diverse" enough for you and that they are racist because of that.
I also think that many cultures and races have valuable perspectives, but I look at them as humans first. YOU are the one who sees color first. You have to see the school as not "diverse" enough because of color. You probably are just ticked because you didn't get accepted and pulled the race card. Whine whine whine moan moan maon ...it's about color....boo hoo whine. GIVE ME A BREAK!
TTop wrote:
I stand firm on the fact that in order to live in this world we must all be represented in a way that is beneficial to learning, understanding..etc.
You stand firm on being a racist that in order to live in a world you must be with you own race and that the only way to learn and understand is scream "diversity", "racism" etc..
TTop wrote:
I think that it is unfair to have a program especially law ( which these students will eventually run our judicial system) to not have the diverse thoughts represented.
At no point in the post did I mention or even elude to "the world" owes me anything.
See, you do think the world owes you something because it is "unfair" to have a program that isn't diverse enough for you (read: not enough of my race in the school). You imply that because there aren't enough of YOUR people then a program or school can not be diverse thought or ideas. PLEASE!!!!

I think people (HUMANS not a color/race) can have diverse thought via education, intelligence, and tolerance. You obviously have none of those qualities. It's no wonder you didn't get in to law school. Maybe try UT? There are plenty of bleeding heart liberals over there who blow the race card out their a$$ on a daily basis. You will fit right in. Until then, cut your losses, grow up and stop the whining about something that is only in your ignorant head.
TTop

Oak Ridge, TN

#8 Jun 7, 2011
This will be my last post, becasue I refuse to get into a internet argument based on my opnions, or to be the gatekeeper of incompetence.

I find it very funny that it has started such a emotional debate....must be a lot of railsplitters on the site.

In reponse to the previous post. I am a white, heterosexual male. I have been born and raised in TN. I have absolutely no reason to pull a race card, I've been in the TN all my life and understand the level of ignorance that is floating around. I didnt apply to LMU for those reasons stated above. FYI I have been accepted to UT and will start in the fall.
The point is if you would read carefully and not pull quotes of the internet relating to race equality, you would see that I stated I would like to attend a school that was diverse. How can we possible live in the world without having no contact with different races. That makes absolutely no sense. No matter how much we see humans as humans at the end of the day there are many different perspectives from race to race , that I enjoy hearing about and learning about.

If my post offended you to the point you felt the need to call me a racist for wanting to attend a diverse school for the experience and the privilege of learing the opinion of indian, asian, and african american students then hey guess I'm the biggest racist that ever walked. I'm excited at the chance of learning from different ethnicities and if you have a probelm with that , then you sound probably look up the definition of racism .

FYI: If the only way you can enhance your sentence is by using 4 letter words then you should probably not be speaking on wether I did or did not get into law school.

"I am sure after you fail,you blame whitey,those slant eyes,camel jocks,and etc.,rather than your own narrow mindedness."
---Wow you sound very familiar with those racial slurs, now whos the true racist.
aaa

Morristown, TN

#9 Jun 8, 2011
TTop = Obvious outstanding representative of Generation Y (THE "ME" GENERATION)
You will do just fine at The Big Orange Screw (Hope you can kiss a$$ like a champ)

Since: Mar 09

Knoxville, TN

#10 Jun 8, 2011
TTop wrote:
I was planning on applying to Lincoln Memorial University Duncan School of Law, but after doing research and visiting the campus I learned that they have only two African Americans in the program, one Indian, no Asians, and the rest are white students.
I was concerned that this program (not LMU as a university ) is exercising institutional racism. I more than confident that there are numerous ethnic people applying but yet, not many accepted.
Another thing that struck me odd, when researching the staff. They employ teachers that were ex-judge that had a TBI investigation; and lots of teachers that are teaching have red flags on there resume; or have little to no experience. After speaking with the admission staff I learned that numerous teachers were leaving because of the way the program ran. A lot of admission staff were leaving also for the racist and underhanded admission requirements.
I ultimately decided not to apply to the program, but decided to share this bit of information with perspective ethnic students, because law school is a big debt ness, and might as well have as much information needed before going to a school seeking accreditation and seems to have more problems than we can shake a stick at.
Hello, they just started...go somewhere else, like UT...if you want more diversity, think about where you are applying to....if that is your only excuse for not applying...get over it..not every school can recruit your perfect picture of diversity....I would imagine you could find a law school with the right "mix" of people you are comfortable around...keep looking...and quit whining because not every place in the world isn't what you want or think it should be...
LOGIC PLEASE

Knoxville, TN

#11 Jun 8, 2011
TTop wrote:
This will be my last post, becasue I refuse to get into a internet argument based on my opnions, or to be the gatekeeper of incompetence.
I find it very funny that it has started such a emotional debate....must be a lot of railsplitters on the site.
In reponse to the previous post. I am a white, heterosexual male. I have been born and raised in TN. I have absolutely no reason to pull a race card, I've been in the TN all my life and understand the level of ignorance that is floating around. I didnt apply to LMU for those reasons stated above. FYI I have been accepted to UT and will start in the fall.
The point is if you would read carefully and not pull quotes of the internet relating to race equality, you would see that I stated I would like to attend a school that was diverse. How can we possible live in the world without having no contact with different races. That makes absolutely no sense. No matter how much we see humans as humans at the end of the day there are many different perspectives from race to race , that I enjoy hearing about and learning about.
If my post offended you to the point you felt the need to call me a racist for wanting to attend a diverse school for the experience and the privilege of learing the opinion of indian, asian, and african american students then hey guess I'm the biggest racist that ever walked. I'm excited at the chance of learning from different ethnicities and if you have a probelm with that , then you sound probably look up the definition of racism .
FYI: If the only way you can enhance your sentence is by using 4 letter words then you should probably not be speaking on wether I did or did not get into law school.
"I am sure after you fail,you blame whitey,those slant eyes,camel jocks,and etc.,rather than your own narrow mindedness."
---Wow you sound very familiar with those racial slurs, now whos the true racist.
You are a chit throwing monkey.
You try to come off reasonable,yet you accuse with out evidence.
You are just another butt sucking baboon's ass(<three letter word).
You do need schooling.
Your spelling is sad.
Go find a place where you find it diverse enough.And when you fail there,you can blame yourself!
I'm betting you grew up in a one race school/neighborhood.
Your claims of racism/non-diversity,without any evidence proves you need a education.
So go play with your diverse dolls.
future lawyer

Brentwood, TN

#12 Jul 26, 2011
Just for the record, the dean of admissions is african american. Just for the record one of the three professors students have is african american and has a long history of high profile cases concerning both race and sex. And just for the record, one of the highest ranked students is african american. I'm guessing the whole "university named after Lincoln" just got missed. There are no separate bathrooms labeled "people of color" and no posters on the walls of a rainbow with an x across it. I really wonder at times what people are thinking...
future lawyer

Brentwood, TN

#13 Jul 26, 2011
Sorry, I didn't proof that well enough. It was supposed to say one of the professors students have their first year is african american. I'm guessing I don't need to discuss the other minorities represented by the teaching staff unless someone is concerned about Indians or females. They're represented quite well also, just so you know.
get over it

York, SC

#14 Jul 27, 2011
This is complete BS! If you do not have the grades your not getting in PERIOD! My good friend that I wrk with his wife goes there. Yes She is ONE of your so called blacks. Blacker than Ace of Spades! She got in because she wrks hard and had the grades! Its time for you Liberals to get over your stupid ideology crap! Your one of the biggest problems this country has! Give and give to the ones who do not wrk hard! I guess since those of us who do not like the president because he flat out has no clue to what he is doing makes us racist. We I vote and he no I didn't vote for this president and I didn't vote for Bush!
joe wiggum

Crossville, TN

#15 Jul 27, 2011
it seems to be that people want to judge you on your color or ethenicity. i remember being called half breed because my father who was white married a white englishwoman instead of a local girl. i even hearsd people objecting to my mother being buried next to him saying that she should be buried in her home country.this is the 21st century and racist attitudes should not be accepted nor tolerated.
get real

Winchester, KY

#16 Aug 2, 2011
TTop wrote:
I was planning on applying to Lincoln Memorial University Duncan School of Law, but after doing research and visiting the campus I learned that they have only two African Americans in the program, one Indian, no Asians, and the rest are white students.
I was concerned that this program (not LMU as a university ) is exercising institutional racism. I more than confident that there are numerous ethnic people applying but yet, not many accepted.
Another thing that struck me odd, when researching the staff. They employ teachers that were ex-judge that had a TBI investigation; and lots of teachers that are teaching have red flags on there resume; or have little to no experience. After speaking with the admission staff I learned that numerous teachers were leaving because of the way the program ran. A lot of admission staff were leaving also for the racist and underhanded admission requirements.
I ultimately decided not to apply to the program, but decided to share this bit of information with perspective ethnic students, because law school is a big debt ness, and might as well have as much information needed before going to a school seeking accreditation and seems to have more problems than we can shake a stick at.
You can plan all you want but untill you get up off your ass and actually do something you are just "planning".I"m sure that while being under the close scrutiny and evaluation of the accreditation process that the act of institutional racism would help a lot.But then maybe all the white people involved in the accreditation process are in on it too?
Heh heh

Knoxville, TN

#17 Aug 2, 2011
The original poster Ttop starts this thread by calling LMU law school racist by its very institutional values. Means the school was built on racism and continues the practice as policy.

Two posts later the same poster denies his/her intent was to accuse anyone of racism. Hello? And you wish to be a lawyer. Can you not see how you just contradicted yourself? A savvy attorney would have a field day with you in court. Do yourself and any potential future client a favor and pick another career.
Anon

Knoxville, TN

#18 Oct 6, 2011
Actually, at the time of this post there were no Indian students at LMU-Duncan School of Law. Sri Lankan-American is more like it.
InTheKnow

Morristown, TN

#19 Oct 8, 2011
Anon wrote:
Actually, at the time of this post there were no Indian students at LMU-Duncan School of Law. Sri Lankan-American is more like it.
And? Who cares?
Are there any Russians, Zimbabweans, Fijians, Inuits, Navajos or Peruvians going there?
Get over it!
grey

Speedwell, TN

#20 Oct 8, 2011
I grew up in the country. My dear friend jazz grew up in the city. I started spending alot of time 'in the city' after graduation. After the Nostalgia of Bright Lights and the plethora of people started to wear off and I began to see the negative side of life there (as everywhere), to me the social problems seemed more concentrated. More people + less space= seeing more of it. Ironically, Jazz scored an awesome deal on a great house, very near to my old home. I Loved her place. To me, it was huge and beautiful with a giant yard surrounded by a fence. To her, It was secluded, out there, and the lack of street lights made it scary.She even told me that she thought deliverance. She liked my apartment better and I could not wait to get back home, if for no other reason, I did not have enough room to roam.
My point being, Maybe LMU is not diversified due to a lack of interest based on its location. Also, about 5 or 6 years ago, the credits were not transferable. I am unsure if thats the case now, but that was why I chose not to attend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone in Knoxville voting for Lying Hillary Cl... 4 hr wormwood 38
wvlt 7 hr Justiceleague 20
News Our Stories: Michael Jackson comes to Knoxville (Feb '08) 19 hr Frank 89
Amanda Hara (Feb '15) Thu Stiff bullet 28
McKay's needs a turn lane! Wed Neckbeard McKays ... 3
Uhaul and their "environmental" fee (Apr '09) Wed Mattyp511 22
News OUR STORIES: The legendary life of Knoxville's ... (Mar '07) Wed Mosfet 57

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages